Cover Image: Christmas Ever After

Christmas Ever After

Riley Reynolds isn't exactly Scrooge, but she hasn't celebrated Christmas since she was a young girl. Her most recent novel didn't do as well as she had hoped though and her publisher thinks it's time their top romance author gives reader their wish, a Christmas novel. Christmas Camp, a well-known hosted event at gorgeous bed and breakfasts, is the key to getting her holiday juices going. Only, her fans are going to be there and her publicist may have marketed her to everyone as Miss Christmas. With fans to impress, a hunky inn owner to appease, a television mishap turned ex-boyfriend nightmare, and a book to write, Riley has her work cut out for her. Too bad she doesn't know a thing about Christmas.

That's right, I went from applauding one book for not having a Scrooge-y character, to applauding Karen Schaler for writing one. It all depends on the story. Christmas Camp is just a thing I love, I've read similar stories before, but the idea doesn't get old. I would visit one and my non-Grinch hard would also grow three sizes. They're just fun and silly, heartwarming, and in this case, filled with a whole lot of loving. The drama is light, the romance is expected, and the joyous feeling of the season can be found on every page. Okay, it's formula, but my little Christmas book loving heart enjoyed it just as much as I enjoy the cheesy Hallmark movies.
This is a book that will definitely put you in the holiday spirit, it will also make you laugh. A wonderful and magical Christmas story!! Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Author Riley Reynolds stopped enjoying Christmas as a girl after her father died around the holiday. Since then she travels with her mother to Hawaii to celebrate Christmas in the sun.  After her last book bombed, Riley’s publicist has announced she is “Miss Christmas” and will be holding a Christmas Camp with selected fans to talk about what Christmas traditions and plots should be in her next book, which will be a Christmas romance.  The problem is that Riley doesn’t have any Christmas traditions to share.  What will she do to get out of this mess?

To make matters even more complicated, Riley has a disastrous television interview where she mentions a great love in her life.  Her three ex boyfriends are sure they are the one and decide to join the Christmas Camp.   Will Riley find love this Christmas?

I love Karen Schaler’s Christmas books and Christmas Ever After was a delightful addition to her repertoire.  Schaler also wrote the Netflix movie, A Christmas Prince, which is a holiday favorite in my house.  I liked how this book had a nod to her previous book, Christmas Camp, which I also enjoyed.

I loved Riley’s story as she discovers what she wants in life while also rediscovering her Christmas spirit.   The romance in the novel was also perfect. It was a delightful escape novel.  If you are a fan of Hallmark Christmas movies, this would be the perfect book for you. I would love to see this as a movie.

Favorite Quote:
“This weekend I’ve been reminded of how special Christmas really is and that what matters most are family, friends, faith, your community, spending time with the people you love, honoring old traditions, and creating new ones.”

Overall, Christmas Ever After by Karen Schaler is a delightful Christmas novel that rediscovers the spirit of Christmas.

Book Source:  E-copy for review from NetGalley.  Thank-you!
Riley, an author touted as Miss Christmas, is assigned the difficult task of writing her first Christmas novel.  Her problem is she lost her Christmas spirit since suffering a loss in childhood.   I really enjoyed the path Karen Schaler created for Riley to find her way back to enjoying Christmas.  Schaler's emphasis on Christmas traditions brought  out the true meaning of Christmas for all the characters, helping Riley to realize their importance to the individual.  Christmas Ever After is such a delightful Christmas story!
I love Christmas books. I love Christmas movies, especially Hallmark ones. They always leave me feeling so good. This book did not disappoint!
Riley is an author in trouble. Her last book missed it mark and now her publisher wants a Christmas romance. Should be easy except Riley doesn’t have a special person in her life and hasn’t celebrated Christmas since she was eight years old. What in the world was her team thinking when they set her up for a Christmas Camp with her fans and started marketing her as Miss Christmas?
Luke had grown up at Christmas Lake Lodge, but now his mom is retiring and has put the lodge up for sale. Hoping to get some publicity that leads to a better price, he agrees to cohost a final Christmas Camp. He wasn’t really into it but what son could say no when his mom was so happy about it?
Colin, Brendan, and Tyler are all ex-boyfriends of Riley’s. When she mentions on live tv that her romance novels are based on a past true love, each of them believes he is the one. They all show up for Christmas Camp and the chance to claim Riley’s heart. And you thought Christmas lights were the hardest thing to untangle at Christmastime!
This book was such a delight to read. It had all the feels. I love Christmas Camp. I want to attend one. If you are looking for some Christmas spirit, it can be found between the covers of this book. I loved the dilemma that Riley had. I enjoy the Christmas fun. The characters were mostly enjoyable, (Mike might be on the naughty list). The ending was a win for me.
Pick up a copy of Christmas Ever After, make some cookies and cocoa, turn the tree lights on and enjoy a feel good Christmas romance!
*I received an ecopy of this title from NetGalley for review consideration. I voluntarily reviewed this book. My review is based on my enjoyment and opinions of the book.*
What a cute book!!! Definitely should be a movie!!! I loved how this was set in Colorado! Made me miss home! I would definitely go visit Christmas Lake if it was real and stay at the lodge.

Could you imagine all your ex's showing up to an event you are putting together!!! 😳😳 No thank you 🤣.

I loved all the traditions that were shared and the recipes!!! Omg I'm totally going to bake both!!!!

Thank you to Netgalley for allowing me to read this book!
A fun "Hallmark"story that I particularly enjoy this time of year.  While the ending is predictable, I enjoyed all ty,he turns in the story to get there.  I appreciated that it is not ONLY a love story, but has several plot lines to moved the story.  I enjoyed all the characters and how they interacted with each other.  I would read this author again.
I adore reading stories like this. A bit of Hallmark. A smidge of The Bachelorette. A touch of a Lifetime movie. This story became a showcase for Christmas-themed stories, and I absolutely loved it. There was quirkiness thrown in with serious problems to solve.

Both the story about the Christmas Lake Angels and the tree lighting in Christmas Lake will stick with me long after I've finished reading this story.

And I truly enjoyed how the author explored the ways in which we touch each other's lives. Everyone we give a piece of ourselves to has an impact on us. Some for the better. Some for the worse. For Riley to have the opportunity to realize how each of her earlier loves contributed to who she is today was sweet, especially as she finally meets the love of her life.

Definitely a book that's right up my alley!

That said, while I know I received a review copy, I'm hoping the issues with it were corrected in the final version. There were dozens of missing words, typos and the like. For what it's worth, I wasn't a fan of the design of it either. It's very unusual to see a san serif font used in eBooks, so I found it highly distracting to read.

5-stars for the story. 3-stars for the production aspects. So, I'm giving this a 4-star rating. I do appreciate receiving a review copy via NetGalley, though, and hope to read more of this author's work in the future.
Complementary copy given for honest review and opinion.

This book is a typical Hallmark movie romance. I happen to love Hallmark movies so it was great for me. Very predictable.
Nothing says holiday spirit like the descriptions in this book.
I love Christmas time,the feeling of goodness this time of year brings.
So cozy up by the fire with your warm drink,hot drink and blanket and let the book take you away into a winter wonderland!

Published September 29th 2020
I was given a complimentary copy of this book. Thank you.
All opinions expressed are my own.
I have to admit i loved the plot for this book so was looking forward to reading it. It really captures the essence of Christmas and family and was definitely a festive read. The only problem for me was the first half of the book dragged on with irrelevant information and maybe the last 25% was actually related to the plot which was disappointed as it felt quite rushed
Fortunate to receive an ARC of Christmas ever after. Lovely book wonderful relatible characters, the writing truly picks up the essence of Christmas without all of the tackiness that can come. Loved the side stories, not a Dan of the publicist, but you always have your people that grate on you. Wonderful sentiment of what christmas really is about, family tradition and love. Never read the author before but now on my list.
Christmas Ever After follows Riley as she is forced to spend her winter at a Christmas Camp in order to gain publicity and inspiration for her new Christmas book. Things go awry when her three ex boyfriends turn up at the camp to try and win her back. I, unfortunately was not a huge fan of this book. Whilst the general concept of the plot was interesting and had the foundations for a great Christmas romance, the execution wasn’t there for me.

My biggest issue was the amount of information that was dumped on the reader, and the irregular pacing. For the first 50% of the book we’re just given pages upon pages of backstory and not much plot. At the midway point in the book, the three ex boyfriends hadn’t even turned up at camp yet. Thus, too little happened in the first half the book and then the entire plot occurred in the last half. I would’ve enjoyed the story more if less information was thrown at me and more time was spent developing the relationships, so I could form an opinion about who I wanted the main character to end up with. As a result of this, I didn’t feel particularly interested in any of the characters or who they ended up with (other than Comet the dog). This book also very much had a main character who every single other person fell in love with. It would’ve been nice to see some conflict with other characters or have some people not fawn all over her.

Given how much potential the book had, and how interested in the plot I was initially, I was disappointed to not enjoy it.
I was given this book from netgalley in exchange for my honest review. I LOVE this book. If you love christmas and Hallmark movies, then this is the book for you. I hope to see this on hallmark soon!  It will put you in the christmas spirit. You must give it a read!
DNF at Chapeter 14. Unfortunately this one reads like a screenplay. There is absolutely zero complexity or depth to the story whatsoever. I have no interest in seeing how this plays out and there are way too many great books left to be discovered to stick around with this one.
I first discovered the author in 2018 with the novel Christmas Camp. So I was delighted to see the cute reference in this new book. I really enjoyed the storyline, it’s a light and fun read. The lead character is relatable and has a rich background. The writing style is nicely flowing, except for a handful of passages that were dragging on just a little bit. But other than that, it’s a good read for the season.

Overall, I enjoyed this festive romance and would recommend it.
Loved this book! I love Christmas books and this one was amazing!! Nothing like cozying up by a fire with hot cocoa and devouring this book!
Oh my goodness! There are SO MANY things I love about this cozy little Christmas novel!!

The storyline follow Riley, a woman who does NOT connect with Christmas at all, and the need for her to host a Christmas Camp (yes, THE Christmas Camp cozy novel) at Christmas Lake Lodge. I mean, doesn't the name alone- Christmas Lake- make you want to visit??

So, I lost count of how many times I laughed out loud during this endearing novel. SO MANY cringe-ey hilarious and heartwarming moments for Riley.

I loved how much she grew as a character, and how her experiences show her there's more to life than what she "thinks" is important.

You don't have to have read Christmas Camp in order to read this novel- it does a great job of covering the basics, but if you think you want to read it, then start with CC and move your way to this one. :)

Enjoy, y'all! This is one of my favorites so far this year!
Riley Reynolds writes popular romance novels but has never written a Christmas love story or found her “one”. When her agent suggests she host a Christmas Camp to save her career, Riley has to say yes, even though she hasn’t celebrated Christmas since she was eight years old. At the camp Riley deals with ex-boyfriends, faces fears, and starts new traditions. But will she find her one true love?

Predictable but heartwarming and easy to read. A great love story to cozy up with during the holidays, especially if you are a fan of Hallmark movies (I mean, who isn’t?)! In fact, the author is known for writing them. I look forward to reading more of her books. Thank you to NetGalley for the advanced digital copy of this fantastic book.
I would like to thank the author, the publisher and NetGalley for trusting me with an advanced reader’s copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

While promoting her next novel, a Christmas love story, author Riley Reynolds is caught off guard when she’s asked during a live national television interview how she can write about romance when she still hasn’t found “the one” herself.  Scrambling for an answer, Riley quickly says that she had a great love in her past and that love inspired her novels.  Little does she know that this one offhanded remark will turn her world upside down. Karen’s Christmas Ever After is the quintessential holiday romance that takes us to a new Christmas and will leave readers inspired, hopeful, and full of good cheer.

Christmas is my absolute favourite time of the year. It is so so magical. I really liked this story as it had all the usual Christmas shenanigans, love, family, snow and many more.  I really fell in love with Riley and her story of her Christmas’ past with her mum and losing her dad. I did find it a bit predictable though and a bit unrealistic even by Christmas standards. Additionally, I found the story a bit too far-fetched. There were a tiny amount of grammatical errors too. These are just small things that I had to mention, or it would not be an honest review. I was wishing the best of happy endings and I was not disappointed.