Cover Image: All the Missing Pieces

All the Missing Pieces

Julianna Keyes has returned with a brand new genre for her: romantic suspense. This first foray into this new area was quite well done. It kept my interest throughout trying to put all the pieces of this puzzle together.

Reese is basically a hermit, after her father’s arrest for embezzlement, and her brother’s death. She’s the only Carlisle left, and has been a constant target for the public. She goes into hiding and only comes out for dates where she takes on a brand new persona every time. She is nervous and paranoid, always feeling like someone’s watching her. I have to say she was quite smart with the way she did things. She had an elaborate system just to come home. She meets a man one night who is a real nice guy. She breaks all her dating rules to stay around him. But, he’s hiding something too.

There is definitely more mystery than suspense. There are some suspenseful moments sprinkled in. It moved quickly, and then the end is revealed, and it took me completely by surprise! I still have so many questions after that ending! I would recommend this.

*I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

3.75 Hearts A bit romance, a bit mystery and a whole lot of good read. After Reese’s dad goes to jail for stealing a butt-load of money Reese goes into hiding, sorta. She is still out in the world but under a bunch of pseudonyms and back stories. Then she meets Chris.

There are a lot of things to figure out while we enjoy the HOT romance between “Denise”/Reese and Chris. Does Reese have or know where the missing $20M went? If Reese isn’t who she says she is, how do we know Chris is?

Fun fast read that has a bit of everything.

Disclaimer:
I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you NetGalley and Julianna Keyes for gifting me an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review!
	I am almost strictly a romance reader, but when I saw Julianna Keyes’ new book I was interested. It is, after all, spooky season and what better segue into Fall than a Romantic Thriller.
	Reese has a hard a rough few years. First her father is arrested and hauled to prison for some shady business deals and then her brother dies and she is left feeling responsible. She wants a fresh start, but the company her father used to keep needs some answers first. When she meets a guy who seems to be too perfect to be true, does she follow her gut instinct or her heart?
	The romance side of this book was STEAMY without being sleazy. Props to Julianna Keyes for writing a sexy scene in a way that’s actually enjoyable to read! The story started out a little slow and I was nervous I wouldn't be able to get into it, but I was proven to be very wrong!! Now I need to go back and read for Julianna Keyes ASAP!
This was a good book
I like it but not love it.  Sorry.
I expected more. But this was just a 3 stars read for me.
Reese Carlisle lives deep in the shadows of Holden City, a far cry from her former life in the spotlight. Once a golden girl with the world at her feet, her life sits in tatters after losing it all. And while Reese doesn't allow herself many comforts, or human contact, she has been known to slap on a wig, fake her identity and go out on a date now and then...

And then she meets the man who will once again rip her world apart... Chris Sherwood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the Missing Pieces was an absorbing, intense and jaw dropping read. Reese's struggle to live her life after becoming a pariah starts to unravel, and it all begins with a mystery man who keeps showing up when she least expects him. It has been a long time since Reese has allowed anyone to get as close to her as Chris seems to so effortlessly achieve, but letting her guard down may just prove to be the biggest mistake of her life... thus far...

With the recent loss of her brother and her father in prison, Reese has been hiding out from the scrutiny and disdain of the public eye. In her utter desolation, she finds comfort in only a select few things, volunteering at the local food bank and the occasional hook-up. Until she meets Chris and suddenly, she finds herself wanting to spend more than one night together, and to share things about herself that she hasn't spoken about with any other living soul. But, is Chris too good to be true, or is Reese throwing away a new chance at life with her inherent distrust...

This was an excellent read! With a bit of a slow start, it started picking up about halfway through the book, and I was completely unable to put it down! While light on the romance, Reese and Chris's connection and story was one that will stick with you. Deceit, lies and missing money, Reese has been holding her secrets close, but meeting Chris will change it all...

I received a complimentary copy of this book for my honest and unbiased review.
the plot sounded interesting, and it was in general. however, it took me a while to get into it and i feel like it was because of the writing style. i felt like it didn't matched the story or the genre and it made it hard for me to connect to anyone in the story. once things got going, about 20% into the book, it got better. it was an quick, fun, what's-gonna-happen-next? type of story, which i enjoyed. it was a cool mix of romance and mystery, and a good time overall.
It is hard to categorize. It is part romance, part mystery. It is 100% fun.

Reese was uber rich, spoiled, and obsessed with appearing in the media. Three years ago, her father was arrested for embezzling 220 million dollars, 20 millions of which had not been recovered. She went into hiding because everyone was after her, thinking she knew where the money was.

Reese is a heroine with whom I generally would not sympathize, but Julianna Keyes made her very relatable. She is paranoid about people recognizing her so uses a slew of disguises and fake names, for good reasons. She has a difficult relationship with her father, also for good reasons. And has self-destructive behavior when it comes to sex, for slightly less although still good reasons.

Then Chris crosses a path a couple of times, one of which results in a very hot sex scene. It seems like coincidence. Chris seems like a good guy genuinely interested in knowing Reese but then the coincidences start piling up.

I was hooked from the beginning and intrigued. I went from thinking that Reese was too paranoid to thinking that Chris really after her. What was most satisfying is that Reese was smart and witty and wholly a woman and did find her way out. Completely entertaining.
3.5 Stars

I don't even really know where to start with this one. I will say this...Any author that can branch out from her normal genre of romance and write something like this says tremendous things about them. The first person point of view of this book was interesting and it worked. It was beyond fascinating seeing Reese from the POV we did and written any other way I don't think this book would have been what it is and that would have been disappointing.

At times some things were predictable but the plot twists that came out of nowhere and in such a delectable way. Just sit back and be prepared for your heart to race and your mind to run with possibilities...did she do it? Bravo Ms. Keyes. I only hope we get to see more of this side of you in the future.
This book was just twist after twist after twist. The first 20% was extremely slow and took me a while to get through but when the book picked up it didn’t stop. I really liked the twists and how Reese handled everything she discovered. While she was annoying at times, she wasn’t a weak character and I appreciated how she looked out for herself and how she handled the entire situation. While I did like the book, I felt it could have been developed a bit more with more active side characters. The storyline had a big plot but everything that happened lacked the oomph and drama that it could have had.
'TONIGHT MY NAME IS Denise.'

This is the opening line of this book.

There's a reason Reese is living like a hermit. Three years ago, his father got arrested for stealing 200 million dollars. But 20 million dollars is still missing and they think she knows where it is. Then, his brother Alex dies in an accident. They think she killed her own brother. So basically, Reese is hiding.

In these 3 long years, when loneliness gets too much to bear, she pretends to be someone else and meets people. Just on date. Date over, that character over. But then she meets a stranger ___a nice, handsome stranger ___ finds him again, and again, and she tends to ignore her own dating rules.

It's a romantic suspense novel, well, more inclined towards romance. Okay, kind of erotic but the intimate scenes are handled well, that they didn't seem vulgar. The suspense angle gets more visible in the second half and it's equally intriguing, with some unexpected twists.

I really like the writing style. It's engaging with a reader friendly voice. The protagonists are easily likeable.  The dialogues, the conversations are very interesting that helps you connect with the protagonists. I liked the Reese-Chris chemistry. I really liked the ending. It's satisfying. Overall, enjoyed reading this book. Recommended if you enjoy this genre.
Thank you so much for letting me read! I enjoyed reading about the main character & the storyline ! There definitely were some slow part but overall i enjoyed it!! Thank you so much for letting me read!
I felt this was more romance than thriller. The writing was good but it took awhile to get into as it was slow at first.a great book if your into romance and sex scenes but it just wadnt my type of book.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the arc in exchange for an honest review. (
I know most of the readers really like this book but to me it was not that great. Nothing personal at all. It was just not what I thought it was going to be.
The main character, Reese Carlisle, was likable and somewhat believable. The plot was ok and could be engaging. It was just not what I wanted to read.

Thank you #NetGalley for this ARC. This is my own review.

I'm giving it 3/5 stars because I do believe some will devour this book. A somewhat recommendation.
What a book! While there are some moments of questionable consent that made me rage (on behalf of the heroine), I devoured this book in a matter of hours. It was wonderful!  I could not put it down and I don't imagine that other readers will be able to resist the pull of this book either. Read it, the twists and turns will have you captivated, I promise!
I loved this book! It was a perfect mix of suspense and sexy time! Once this story picked up, it was hard to put the book down. I rate this book a 4.3 and will definitely be reading more from this author.
the perfect combination of romance and mystery. this is a great sexy thrill ride of  a book. this was my first from this author but won't be my last.
The perfect combination of romance and mystery (which are 2 of my favorite genres)! I could not put this book down!

Reese Carlisle has been in hiding for the last 3 years going under different aliases to protect herself from the public eye. Her father was arrested for the biggest embezzlement scheme in history, stealing $220 million. The FBI has recovered all but the last $20 million and everyone thinks that Reese knows where it is. Reese’s image has been completely dismantled from the public labeling her a liar, whore and killer after her brother’s untimely death. In order for Reese to keep an inkling of a life, she volunteers every week at a food bank and goes on dates with guys she meets on an app, always using a different name. She always keeps herself at arms length with these men, hiding under false layers, until one day she meets Chris who changes everything.

This book had me on the edge of my seat questioning if she did or didn’t do it the entire time. It was the perfect amount of sexy and suspenseful! I highly recommend this book!

A very special thanks to NetGalley and Julianna Keyes for this ARC in exchange for my honest review! This book will be available on 09/21/2020!
This one just didn’t quite hit the spot for me.

Reese Carlisle is basically a hermit. She lives unhappy in the wake of her father’s crime of major embezzlement.

She dons different personalities with fake names to hookup with guys from a dating site, just so she can have a little human contact. One night, while out on a date with Doug, she meets Chris, who’s clearly out of place in this upscale restaurant with his elbow patches and fake Rolex. She ends up running into Chris multiple times and starts catching some feelings.

However, Reese can’t let on to who she really is, because then Chris will also want to know, like everyone else, where’s the missing two million?

I felt this was more romance than thriller. The writing was good, the characters good, but it just wasn’t my cup of tea. There’s quite a lot of sex scenes, which is fine, the story as a whole just didn’t jive with me.

I could not put this book down. Reese is a character with a lot of layers and one who needs them in order to protect herself. She meets Chris "by chance" and what follows feels like a game of cat and mouse. The story had me hooked until the end. I loved the pace, the mystery, the chemistry but I still have questions about some of the characters and their motives.
WARNING: This review contains spoilers.

“All The Missing Pieces” is an adult novel centered around a woman named Reese Carlisle, whose father was arrested for an embezzlement scheme and whose brother was killed. For years, Reese has kept a low profile, because not only have people suspected that she not only knows the location of twenty million dollars that went missing after her father’s arrest but people have also suspected that she’s the one who killed her brother.

Trying to remain out of the public eye became lonely for Reese, so she goes out, meets strangers, and introduces herself with different names, interests, and occupations, but tries to be careful about getting close to the people she meets. Early on in the book, she ends up being intrigued by and attracted to one stranger in particular, whose name is Chris.

I liked the romance between the two characters in the majority of the story and thought that the plot of the story was very interesting. The only thing I didn’t like was when Chris sort of held Reese captive in her own home once he found out who she really was. I understood why he was upset at her for lying about her identity, but keeping her captive to try and get more information out of her about what happened with her father and brother... I feel like that crossed a line. Aside from that part of the story, I still really liked the book and thought it was a really interesting story overall.