Cover Image: Animals

Animals

The author’s research is much appreciated as it provides the canvas on which the novel can be painted . Great story.
Firstly, I’d like to thank Will Staples for taking the time to research this subject, and write this book. This is my special subject, and I don’t think it gets nearly enough attention in the world, and few people care to take a real interest in it. I try to get my hands on every single book regarding the subject, fiction and nonfiction.

There are many of the main ingredients woven into the book: Kruger national park, Mozambican kingpins, rhinos, corruption, tigers, traditional Chinese medicine, CITES, zoos, agencies, you name it. In fact, I think there is enough subjects in the book for 2-3 separate books. I understand it though, being a subject so close to my own heart I would want to tell it all as well.

Despite that, I enjoyed seeing so many familiar issues tackles. I believe I am as concerned about these subject as the author is, and I hope as many people as possible will educate themselves by reading this book. It was a bit hard to keep up with all the people in the book, because there were so many, and it kept on going back and forth between many locations and people.

It’s possible to see that the author has spent hours and hours researching different angles regarding illegal wildlife trade. I would like to read more about the anti poaching unit and rangers that were in the beginning of the book. The characters felt real, and I really appreciate the work they do to protect precious wildlife.

I love it that so many people have given their input, like Jane Goodall, what could be better?! I’m happy that Damien Mander, someone I respect very much, has helped out the author with showing him around, taking him to special places. I could feel his presence in this book. I hope there will be more books like this in the future.