Cover Image: My Husband's Daughter

My Husband's Daughter

Wow this book gave me all of the feels!

Rebecca and Jack are living their perfect dream life, happily married with established careers and are quite set in their ways. Rebecca is focused on her career and has no desire to have children - which boggles the mind of every other woman she comes into contact with. Rebecca cringes whenever she is told that she will regret not having children. This part of the story resonated with me as I have friends who have also chosen to not have children and they are subjected to the same type of treatment as described by Rebecca's character.

Enter Cara, Jack's old girlfriend, and her child, standing on Rebecca & Jack's doorstep one night. Jack is completely unaware that he had a child, but as Rebecca comes to learn, he may not be as clueless about the possibility as he would have her believe. Cara did not know Jack was married and her attitude towards Rebecca comes across as very negative. Cara needs a place to stay with her daughter just until her new apartment is ready - but that story does not sit well with Rebecca.

Regardless, Rebecca and Jack allow Cara and Sophie to stay just for a night, which then becomes 2 weeks. Rebecca must decide if she can live with the fact that her husband has a child, and whether she even wants to accommodate a child in her life when she never wanted that.

The story continues to unfold with many twists along the way. Secrets are revealed and emotions are examined. Will the secrets destroy the life Rebecca worked so hard to build, or will she learn that sometimes life just happens and it is best to find a way to play it by ear?

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the opportunity to read this ARC!
# My Husbands Daughter # Netgalley
What a  rolls coaster of emotions.  It was a heartbreaking story of love loyalty and kindness,. Really when she knocked on that door on the Friday night. Rebecca could have been so different and told Jack to get them out by the morning a lot of women would have done. Poor Cara I felt for her so much being a young woman who was staring death in the the face yet still trying to put Samantha first. I could also relate to her jealously has Rebecca started to grow close to her daughter . Her brig too ill to do think with her own daughter . I was totally blown away with the shocking twist that affected them all near the end I wasn’t expecting that. Nog the results but how late it was done but not the results , Now that was a precarious twist for all concerned.. then another twist comes along. Wow another one that’s a totally life saver in many ways that at the end of the day.. was one of the kindest things that anyone could have done. I was not shocked by Rebeccas reaction either. I was expecting it especially the way Rebecca and started to act toward Samantha. Going out and buying her things, and when she went anywhere without thinking oh Samantha would look nice in that ETC.. Also how she became caring for Cara. I genuinely think if this book does not affecting you then i would be shocked. I am not someone who actually shows emotions, seriously I am not. But even I could not help but feel tears rolling down my cheeks. Just a brilliant book. It the first book I have read by this author but it will not be the last.....
I received this ARC from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. This is my first book by Emma Robinson and I really enjoyed it. the story has a bit of mystery to it and will bring tears to your eyes. I like the short chapters too. I will definitely read more by this author.
Oh gosh, this book is just stunning. It’s hard to describe just how much I was absolutely consumed by it.

I was quite wary of Cara when she first appeared. I had lots of ulterior motives in mind for her.

Rebecca I liked straight away and even more so as the story progressed.

The story alternates between Cara and Rebecca’s points of view, which I really liked.

There are a few twists and turns along the way, in this very emotive novel. It’s really hard to put down.

I’ve read all this author’s books so far, and loved them all, but I think this is the best yet. It’s touching and emotional, it flows so beautifully, and it just pulls the reader into the story. This is a book that I won’t forget in a hurry. Simply stunning. A must-read.
My husband’s daughter by Emma Robinson.

The prologue of this book warned my heart.
I really enjoyed the pages in this book.

Rebecca was so warm in the plot. I could understand her.

This book got all my attention. I would rate it 10 stars if I could.
I really enjoyed the plot. The storyline is believable and realistic.

Each chapter begins with either Rebecca or Cara’s point of view. I was eagerly looking forward to the next chapter.

I understood motherhood from Cara’s eyes and saw how stepmothers were viewed.

Grab some tissues, you are going to get emotional. I really really love Cara. She is such a good mother.

This is such a perfect book. I looove it!

I really wished I discovered Emma Robinson earlier. She writes so well. I am so glad I read one of her works and she is a prolific writer.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Bookouture through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are mine.
Heartbreaking. I found this book quite hard to read at some points as it resonated with me on a personal level (my best friend - although she was a lot older than Cara), but the story was told with such feeling and emotion you couldn't help but love it.
My Husband's Daughter
By Emma Robinson
⭐⭐⭐⭐

A beautiful and easy read, an emotional and heart-wrenching story that made me cry at the end! It's a very predictable book with no unexpected twists. Once you start reading it you will have a feeling on how it will end. But it is a sweet book to read with a lovely story and I didn't want to put it down. I like that the story was written in two perspectives so you get to see what each one of them (the mom and the wife) were feeling and thinking. It's a powerful story about love, friendship and kindness. I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review
My Husbands Daughter was a beautiful read. It did start off slow for my liking; but just when I didn’t expect it, tears were rolling down my face in sadness and empathy for the characters.
The author has done a lovely story which I think many could relate to. The strong character of Rebecca and the contrast of soft hearted husband Jack left you wanting more. And you got it. Enter Cara. The ex girlfriend of jack who comes with a four year old daughter.
Cara is sick, and she comings looking for Sophie’s dad.
A great read.
Favorite Quotes:

… she was so tired of people like Linda preaching on about the wonders of motherhood. It was like a cult. She had nothing against children. She’d even been one once… Somehow, no one judged a man who wasn’t bothered about having children. But when a woman said it, she was either an unnatural witch or a deluded soul headed for a life of lonely regret.

Money can’t buy happiness, but it sometimes has a damn good try.

My Review:

The premise and plotting of this tale were expertly paced and executed and posed quite a quandary for all the characters with a few unexpected twists that made it even better.  The storylines were thoughtfully written with extraordinary insights on both sides of the issue.  I felt for them all as each character became increasingly endearing as the story thundered toward the climax.  This was my first exposure to Emma Robinson’s poignant style and I found to easy to follow yet heart-squeezing and perceptively penned.
I found this book so sad and such a compelling read.  What would you do in a situation when a woman turns up with a daughter which she says your husband is the father.   You fall in love with the child and suddenly everything changes.   A box of tissues and a quiet place for this book.   Thank you NetGalley for my arc.  Will defiantly look for more of Emma Robinson’s books.
Emma Robinson has written this straight from the heart. I was held in suspense at the start but as the story unfolded the tears started. It was written with compassion and sensitivity. I absolutely loved it. Thanks for allowing me to read this Arc.
I loved this book. It is an emotional story (requiring tissues) but one I will remember for a long time. I will be looking for more books from this author. Highly recommended
“Sometimes it’s the stuff you don’t plan for that brings you the most happiness.”

Rebecca and her husband made a conscious decision not to have children. One night an ex girlfriend knocks on their door with a four year old child. They need a place to stay. Would you give them a roof over their heads?

This is a well written, emotional book about motherhood, trust, empathy and selflessness. It is an easy read with well drawn characters and I would recommend it to readers who enjoy books by authors such as Amanda Prowse, Tammy Robinson and Jojo Moyes. Just make sure you have a packet of tissues to hand!

Thanks to NetGalley, Bookouture and Emma Robinson for ARC in return for an honest review.
❤ B L O G T O U R ❤

I was very much looking forward to reading this book, as domestic drama is my favourite genre. On the surface it seems an easy genre to dabble in – you take a situation from real life that is emotional or devastating, and describe it. However, I think it is very difficult to do this genre justice.

Emma Robinson is certainly a rising star of this genre. This book is well structured, and I particularly loved being able to see things from the points of view of the different characters.

The characters are real, raw and brave and the storyline is heartbreaking. There were many times I choked up with tears, and there were clever twists I didn’t see coming!

Rebecca goes on a real journey from a corporate, organised woman to a life of complete chaos when a little girl literally turns up on her doorstep. However, Rebecca faces the challenges with resilience, love and bravery, and it was lovely to see her journey.

I look forward to reading more by this author, and would definitely consider this a top read of 2020!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This book appealed to me as a  childless stepmother and I was impressed with the characterisations of the two very different women. The writing is excellent and the author does an amazing job of showing both sides of the coin.

An emotional read and real page turner, I felt deeply invested in the story and the lives of the characters. Sophie is a loveable child, Rebecca is admirable in her choices. I disliked Cara from the beginning and despite her redeeming qualities, I couldn't bring myself to like her even at the end. This is a very personal thing for me and I'm sure others will find her character progression realistic and refreshing. Jack was mostly in the background and I found this difficult because really, he's at the centre of it all.

The whole book was very motherhood-centric and parts were a bit too fluffy and 'happily ever after' for my tastes, but a brilliant book if that's the sort of thing you enjoy.
This was a very sweet book that I read very quickly. It was tender and emotional. I really enjoy Emma Robinson’s writing style. My heart ached for each and every character. I do know what it’s like to love my own children and my greatest fear is them losing me. And I also know what it’s like to love someone else’s children as my own. I really recommend reading My Husband’s Daughter if you like having your heartstrings tugged!

Thank you so much to Bookouture and NetGalley for allowing me the privilege of reading this book.
This is a story of how Rebecca and Jack’s life was upended one day when Jack’s former girlfriend showed up on their doorstep with Jack’s supposed 4 year old daughter.

The premise of the book is very interesting for me that’s why I requested it on netgalley. Fortunately, I was approved.😄

Reading this book felt like a roller coaster of emotions for me. This book made me smile, laugh and teary eyed. This book had a few twists on it that made my reading exciting. The writing was easy to get into and I felt connected with the characters.

I love how strong maternal love was portrayed on the book. I love the interactions of the characters and even the irritating things they do makes sense.😅

Just one thing that I’m not a fan of. Sometimes a chapter was ended on a high note but brushed off on the next chapter via a mini time skip. This makes the chapter feels disjointed to me. Like I’m about to cry but then the next chapter would start with something like ‘the next day’ or anything that will indicate a passage of time.

But all in all, it was an engaging and emotional read. I like it.👍❤

***Thanks to Bookouture for granting me access of this book via Netgalley for an honest review.***
Rebecca and Jack Faulkner have been married for a year and have decided that they do not want children.  Both of them have great jobs  and like their lifestyle.  Rebecca gets irritated with people who try to pressure them to change their minds.

Late one evening, Cara Miller and her 4-year-old daughter, Sophie, stop by Rebecca and Jack’s house.  Cara tells them that Jack is Sophie’s father.  Jack admits that he once dated Cara but when they broke up, she wasn’t expecting.  They realize that Sophie is blonde like Jack, but is she truly his daughter?  If so, can they share their lives with a child?

Without giving away more of the plot, suffice to say that this story is heartbreaking and pulls at your heartstrings.  I was suspicious of Cara at first and thought that Rebecca seemed too rigid, but as the truth opens up, we see how people can change.  Very sad, but hopefully readers will gain a sense of compassion that the author portrays in her characters.

Copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Book Description:

Cara took a deep breath and let it out slowly. ‘She’s not just my daughter,’ she said as she turned in her seat to face Jack. This man she had once loved, but who she hadn’t seen for nearly five years. ‘Sophie is your daughter too.’

It is just past ten o’clock on a cold Friday evening when Rebecca and her husband Jack’s doorbell rings. Outside is a woman who introduces herself as Jack’s ex-girlfriend Cara. And she’s holding the hand of a shivering, blue-eyed, four-year-old girl. Who she claims is Jack’s daughter.

Rebecca is shocked to discover he has a child from his last relationship – even one he hadn’t known about. Because becoming parents isn’t part of their life plan. They like children, but they also love their freedom and spending time together uninterrupted; the way that, if they wanted to, they could travel the world at a moment’s notice.

But Cara needs them. Because Cara has a devastating secret that she can’t tell anyone yet. Not even her daughter. A secret with the power to change all of their lives.

A secret that will ultimately mean Rebecca has to ask herself – could she find it in herself to welcome her husband’s child into her home, and into her heart?

A heartbreaking and powerful emotional women’s fiction novel about love, friendship and what it truly means to be a parent, perfect for fans of Jojo Moyes, Jodi Picoult and Kate Hewitt.

BLOG TOUR REVIEW

Review for 'My Husband's Daughter' by Emma Robinson.

Read and reviewed via NetGalley for Bookouture publishers and Bookouture anonymous

Publication date 13th October 2020

This is the first book that I have read by this author. It most definitely will not be my last!!

I was originally drawn to this book by  its intriguing colourful cover and interesting sounding blurb. The fact that it states on Amazon that the book is perfect for fans of Jodi Picoult and Jojo Moyes also drew me in as I'm a HUGE fan of both of their books. I must admit I was also biased due to the publisher being Bookouture. I have yet to read a book published by Bookouture  that I haven't enjoyed. Hopefully this won't be the first... Watch this space! (Written before I started reading the book).

This novel consists of a prologue, 47 chapters and an epilogue. The chapters are medium in length so possible to read 'just one more chapter' before bed...OK, I know yeah right, but still just in case!

This book is written in third person perspective with the two main protagonists being Rebecca and Cara. I enjoy books written in third person with several protagonists as it let's you see the bigger picture of what's going on and you get to know more characters. I love the fact that there are 2 main protagonists as you get to see the storyline from both of their view points.

Wow!!! Where to even begin?? Mind you it's hard enough to write this with blurry eyes through tears!! Oh yes, that emotional even I she'd tears!!!

I  start by saying that Emma Robinson is a very talented author and I cannot wait to get dug into more of her books. She is definitely on par with several of my favourite authors including Jodi Picoult, Jojo Moyes and Nicholas Sparks and has been added to this list so well done there!!!

The book itself is written so well that it reads so smoothly from chapter to chapter with brilliant descriptions and settings perfect for the scene. I really dragged me deep into the story until I came out the other end with tears streaming down my face.

The storyline is absolutely heartbreaking and a real tear jerker. It is also an absolutely beautiful story of love and family!! The fact that it goes from how Rebecca feels and is doing to Cara's side is a perfect layout for this type of book as you get to really feel what each 'side' is going through. It was an absolute roller-coaster ride of emotions.

The characters are all realistic and described so well I really felt that I got to know them all. I loved that they were a mix and I enjoyed watching the relationships between each grow and develop. I admired Clara's strength and Rebecca's dedication and loyalty and honestly just everything about them and the storyline was perfect. I would LOVE to see this turned into a movie!!!!

Overall an absolute page turning, tear jerking beautiful story of love and family.

Genres covered include Literary Fiction.

I would recommend this book to the fans of the above as well as fans of Nicholas Sparks, Jojo Moyes, Jodi Picoult and just anyone looking for a beautiful read.

288 pages.

This book is £1.99 to purchase on kindle via Amazon or free on kindle unlimited which I think is an absolute bargain for this book!!!

Rated 5 /5 (I LOVED  it ) on Goodreads, Instagram, Amazon UK and Amazon US and on over 30 Facebook pages plus my blog on Facebook.

Feel free to add me on Goodreads or follow me on my website or Facebook for more reviews

#MyHusbandsDaughter #EmmaRobinson #Bookouture  #NetGalley #BookReview #BlogTour #BooksOnTour
@EmmaRobinson @Bookouture @Bookworm1986 @bookworm86

Author Bio:

Emma Robinson thinks of herself as one of the ‘Bridget Jones generation’ – who are now grown up and having children – and writes novels for women who feel the same.

She also has a blog, Motherhood for Slackers, which takes a humorous look at parenthood, and includes poems such as ‘Dear Teacher’ about her son starting school which has been shared around the world. Emma is an English teacher and lives in Essex with a patient husband and two children who are an endless source of material.

Buy Links:
Amazon: https://bit.ly/2SxDT5C
Apple: https://apple.co/2AxcM5o
Kobo: https://bit.ly/2BGix1e
Google: https://bit.ly/3iAx2UQ
First, I want to thank Emma Robinson,  Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Oh I knew Emma Robinson was going to pull on my heart strings with her latest novel The Husband’s Daughter just by the book cover! (Kudos to the graphic designer who created this cover! Beautiful job!) OMG WOW! Right from the prologue my heart melted!! It was beautifully written! I knew right there and then I better have some tissues ready. Oh boy did I need them!!

Emma has a gift for writing incredibly emotionally driven books that capture your heart! In her latest The Husband’s Daughter is one of those must read books that will stay close to your heart even after you finish the book. I even ugly cried during this book!!

WOW!!! As I was reading the first chapter I felt the whole scene was coming from a prime time soap! The drama, the characters you wanted to slap for annoying you, the shock visitor at such a late hour (seriously, who comes over uninvited at 11pm at night?!) and oh the bombshell of the revelation that came out! I knew right there and then that this book was going to be GOOD!! Emma never disappoints me!

Emma took the opportunity in this book to focus on a very important woman’s health issue and bring awareness to Ovarian Cancer. She tugged hard really hard at my heart strings with this storyline. Emma showed not told all the emotions and feelings that went behind how this character was diagnosed up until present day. It was a very powerful and emotionally part of the story to read. I found myself tearing up at parts of it. She wrote some very beautiful moments in these scenes.

Sweet Sophie touched my heart so much!!  Oh how much I adored her and how my heart ached for her in so many ways!! She is too cute for words!

There was a saying that made me think but also made me laugh in the book. “Money can’t buy happiness, but it sometimes has a damn good try.

Emma mentions in the ending of the book that as a writer she needs to push past her comfort zone in her writing. In this book she wrote about her deepest fear in not seeing her own child grow up. I pray she never has to see that happen!

I have read many of Emma’s books since reviewing for Bookouture. None of them have affected me so deeply as The Husband’s Daughter. If you have not read any of her books I highly suggest you start with this one. This book I could feel her passion for the characters and the situation behind the story. It is a must read book and her best book ever written! Not to mention a completely shocking twist of events at the end that left me with mixed emotions!