Cover Image: My Husband's Daughter

My Husband's Daughter

Rebecca and Jack are a career driven couple who have decided not to have children. Many people tell they they will change their minds or regret it later, but they don't think they will. One night Cara, Jake's ex shows up with her four year old daughter. As the story unfolds they all will be thrown into a tough situation. I liked all of the characters and felt their joy and pain throughout the book. A heartbreaking tale that is also uplifting. Quite a range of emotions in this one.

Thanks to netgalley and Bookouture for the arc
Rare are those books that grab your attention after the first few lines you read and draw you into their world, and make you turn page after page until you read the last written words. Books that you simply cannot leave, you must read them in one sitting.

If Emma Robinson has managed to delight you with  ‘Where I Found You’ and ‘The Forgotten Wife’, then trust me that ‘My Husband's Daughter’ will exceed all your expectations. The book will make you cry and laugh, feel things you have not even though about and lay hold on your attention like not many books can. I’m sure that this amazing read contain all the elements to satisfy even the most discerning readers' minds.

Emma Robinson’s  superior writing skills simply drew us into the story from the very beginning, when we meet Rebecca and Jack, a young and successful married couple, career-driven, determined to spend their lives according to their wishes and desires, and not according to some socially imposed norms. Having no children is something the two of them want, but their whole perfect life will be shaken, when late at night, one Friday the shadow of the past will ring on their doorbell, bringing something that will change their lives for ever ... Jack's daughter , they didn't even know  existed.

The author skillfully tells the story from two different perspectives - Rebecca, the wife, dedicated to her career, obsessed with organizing everything  to a single detail  and a woman who never wanted to be a mother and Cara, an ex-girlfriend, the mother who wants the best for her child, no matter what, a woman who has always lived a complicated live, that borders on unacceptable. The perspectives complement each other perfectly, and the story runs seamlessly.
One thing that amazed me from the very beginning about Emma Robinson’s writing was her attention to detail. I really enjoyed the fact that she gives a lot of information and insight into each character and their thoughts, their fears, their beliefs. I felt able to immerse myself into their lives and follow their struggle with all it’s twists and turns, revealing page by page, a story that is so touching, extremely emotional, and ultimately heart provoking.

An amazing story in which the past and the present are masterfully intertwined, which abounds in compassion, selflessness, love and loss.

I haven't read anything so original in a long time, and I read quite a lot.  I am inclined to say it's a must-read for all those who want a slightly different story that will awaken a spectrum of emotions in the reader. This book definitely awakens a lot of feelings that stay in us for a long time, and it touches our hearts in a completely unexpected way. Emma, through her unique style and powerful words, so simple, easy to real, yet so strong to convey the message,  tells us how one life affects many others, the plan and the outcome not always bear fruit.
You meet a new man and you feel the connection straight away. The relationship blossoms and than it's time to talk about that important subject : children yes or no?? Will he feel the same and can you ride together on his white horse into a happy ever after or does he run like the wind and leave you behind...?

Phew!! He sees you in his future and you couldn't be more happy. You are having a ball until one night, a simple thing like your doorbell ringing announces something that is about to change everything... for ever

In the beginning of the book I never thought that the author would take us down this path. Sinister can mean a lot of things but I never could have guessed what it could have been.

A beautiful story involving quite some tears, but heartwarming at the same time. I honestly don't know how I would have coped when I would have found myself in Cara's shoes. 5 stars

Thank you, Emma Robinson and Bookouture
What a beautiful story that I expected to be left heartbroken but instead it ended up very uplifting. I'm not saying this story is t sad it truly is but it's also a story of hope and life of those left behind. I absolutely loved this and will definitely be reading more by this wonderful author
My Husband's Daughter (Emma Robinson) is one of those books that once you're into a few pages it is almost impossible to put down. Ms Robinson gives us the story in alternating voices and the reader soon falls in love with both of these women. My guess is at least once (if not more) the reader will find themselves with a few tears in their eyes. I want to thank NetGalley and Bookouture for an early copy to review.
My Husband's Daughter is an amazing story of love, compassion, and selflessness. The story grabs your attention right at the beginning and draws you in.

Rebecca and Jack, a young and successful married couple, career-driven, determined to spend their lives according to their wishes and desires,  Having no children is something the two of them planned, but their whole perfect life is shattered when they discover that Jack has a child from his last relationship, one who he was not aware of.

The main characters are well described with considerable thought and insight and amazing in their own way as they learn to adapt and appreciate each other. A touching story that was emotional and heartwarming.

The plot is narrated from the alternating perspectives of Cara being the perfect mom, who wants the best for her daughter, and Rebecca, who though doesn’t want children but tries her best around Sophie. Thank you, Emma Robinson, for a  wonderfully written story that didn't fail to tug at my heart.

Summary:
 A wonderfully written book dealing with some difficult and sensitive issues. This book has been written so well that it simply draws you in right till the end.
The doorbell rings late one Friday evening and Rebecca opens the door to Jack’s ex Cara and her four year old daughter Sophie. She’s about to drop a bombshell that Sophie isn’t just her daughter but also Jack’s. Jack and Rebecca never wanted to be parents but Cara is hiding a devastating secret. Told from the points of view of Rebecca and Cara this book draws you in at an incredible pace. I liked all the main characters and found you could certainly create an affinity with them. Well written and I highly recommend it. Thank you to NetGalley, Bookouture and the author for the chance to review.
This was another beautifully written book by Emma Robinson. This author has the ability to draw upon real life topics that others face and write about them in such a poignant and sensitive way and this book was no exception. I am still thinking about this book days after finishing and has left me with an enormous book hAngover. Once I had started to read it I couldn't put it down and each turn of the page evoked a myriad of emotions and feelings and pulled at my heartstrings. Am already eagerly a anticipating this author's next book as each one gets even better than the last.
I knew that I would love this book as soon as I read the summary, and I was not disappointed. I was, however, thrown for a loop about 1/4 of the way into the book when the story went down a road I did not see coming! I do not like to give away spoilers, but I will tell you that this novel pulls at your heartstrings and leaves you feeling a myriad of emotions. The writing itself is so easy and beautiful, but the characters are amazingly perfect and spot on realistic. I was completely captivated and did not want to stop reading. This is the first I have read by this author but it won’t be the last!
My goodness. It’s been a hot minute. But. #myhusbandsdaughter #emmarobinson #netgalleyreads #netgalley #netgalleyreviewer made me cry like a babe 😭 I just ... you and your husband. Married. Happy. Firm on not having kids. You don’t want any. It isn’t your lifestyle. Or. Part of the plan. But. One day. A knock on the door. His ex with a four year old girl who is the spitting image of your husband. What takes place is something that you will want to read. Just. Have tissues handy 😂🤷‍♀️ it’s so good. So heartbreaking. #bookstagram #booklover #bookaddict #bookaholic #bookstagrammer #criedlikeababy #sadbook #reviews
This is a beautifully written very sad story that I could not put down.   What an emotional roller coaster and you will need to keep the tissues handy.  I absolutely loved this book even though I sniffled all the way through it.

Rebecca, an events planner and her business owner husband, Jack,  are enjoying an evening after returning from a party when there is a knock on their door.  Cara and 4-year-old Sophie are there to inform Jack that he is Sophie's father.

Thank you NetGalley and Bookouture for the ARC of this wonderful story in exchange for an honest review.   I would give this book more than 5 stars if I could.
There are some books which just by looking at their cover and premise, you are able to predict that it’s going to be a good read. This is one such book! This was an excellent read from start to finsih.
WOW!! Beautiful, touching, sad & emotional.... This story has been beautifully written. I did not want to put this book down. This is my first by Emma Robinson, but I can guarantee it won't be my last!!

Cara took a deep breath and let it out slowly. ‘She’s not just my daughter,’ she said as she turned in her seat to face Jack. This man she had once loved, but who she hadn’t seen for nearly five years. ‘Sophie is your daughter too.’

It is past ten o’clock on a cold Friday night when Rebecca and her husband Jack’s doorbell rings. Outside is a woman who introduces herself as Jack’s ex-girlfriend Cara. And she’s holding the hand of a shivering, blue-eyed, four-year-old girl. Who she claims is Jack’s daughter.

Rebecca is shocked to discover he has a child from his last relationship – even one he hadn’t known about. Because becoming parents isn’t part of their life plan. They like children, but they also love their freedom and spending time together uninterrupted; the way that, if they wanted to, they could travel the world at a moment’s notice.

But Cara needs them. Because Cara has a devastating secret that she can’t tell anyone yet. Not even her daughter. A secret with the power to change all of their lives.

A secret that will ultimately mean Rebecca has to ask herself – could she find it in herself to welcome her husband’s child into her home, and into her heart?
My Husband’s Daughter by Emma Robinson is a heartwarming read that will start with you long after you have finished reading it.  Rebecca and Jack are happily married and content living their life with no kids.  When Cara appears on their doorstep informing them Jack has a daughter. How will this Jack and Rebecca take this news?  I smiled and laughed and cried during this book.  Highly recommend.
Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for my copy.

Oh Emma what are you doing to me? This was an emotional rollercoaster which reduced me to tears on several occasions.

Rebecca is married to Jack and is a career driven woman committed to her work and her marriage. They do not want children and are very happy in their lifestyle choices.

A ring at the doorbell late one night introduces us to Cara and her delightful four year old daughter Sophie. What is their connection to Jack?

This is a thoughtfully written book dealing with some difficult and sensitive issues. The book is told from the two women's point of view with Jack being a bit of a secondary character. The development of the relationship was realistic and totally believable. At the beginning I was suspicious of Cara and though Rebecca was smug and a bit of a princess. It is testament to the author's skill that my views were completely different by the end of the book.

Grab this book and a box of kleenex to go with it.
My Husband’s daughter is a touching story about love, loss and faith in humanity.

Rebecca has never wanted to be a mother.  She is a typical type A personality, needing to have everything organised to the nth degree.  Rebecca married Jack 5 years ago, they are happy and successful in their careers.  Jack and Rebecca agree that they are both happy living their lives as they are, without having children.

While they are enjoying each other’s company late at night there is a knock at the door.   Jack’s ex-girlfriend, Cara, is at the door with a 4-year-old girl.  Cara drops a bombshell they never would have expected.  The little girl, Sophie, is Jack’s daughter and they need a place to stay.  Jack is a kind-hearted man, always wanting to help others so without question they allow them both to stay in the guest room.  But something is not quite right with Cara and Rebecca is determined to work out what it is.

“Don’t over think it.  See how the day pans out.  Sometimes it’s the stuff you don’t plan for that brings you the most happiness.”

I will not share anymore in fear of spoiling the plot.  I really loved this story.  It flowed seamlessly between the two protagonists Cara and Rebecca.   Allowing different perspectives on the way they were both thinking and feeling about things.  I could have read this in one setting if I had the time.  All the characters are unique, little Sophie is adorable.  My favourite being Rebecca, the way she deals with the situation is remarkable and she has the patience of a saint.  Thank you, Emma Robinson, for a great story and a short epilogue 7 years later.  I love reading a book where there are no questions lingering.
Ĺoved the book and the way the plot unfolded,liked the way the book touches on social issues and its consequences.
The character's were lovable liked them all but in particular Rebecca, strong,independent woman.
Could not put the book down will be reading more books by this author.
My Husband’s Daughter by Emma Robinson was a good and quick read. Rebecca and Jack have a great marriage and they decided long ago they didn’t want to have children. Imagine their shock when Cara, Jack’s ex-girlfriend shows up on their doorstep with her 4 year old daughter, Sophie and tell them she is Jack’s. What other secrets is Cara keeping from them and how will they affect their life and marriage. This was an very emotional story and I did cry over parts of it. I would like to thank Netgalley for this ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.
I don't think it would be possible for anyone to get through this book without shedding a few tears.  Rebecca and Jack are happy with their decision to not have any children, so it is a big shock when Cara appears on their doorstep with a little girl in tow, indicating she is Jack's daughter.  Told from the point of view of each main character, this book will bring  out many emotions.
This was a beautiful story about life’s unexpected blessings. Was it predictable? Sure. Full of rainbows and unicorns and sweetness? Yes, that too. But it was just the type of book I needed to lift my spirits and remind me that it’s okay when life doesn’t go as planned. Sometimes it’s better than okay. The author handled sensitive topics with tenderness and grace, and this book was a joy to read.

Many thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for giving me the opportunity to read and review another wonderful book.