Cover Image: The European School

The European School

‘Rounding a bend in the road, the foliage suddenly gave way to a grassy slope that gently rolled down to a forest-rimmed lake. Water shimmered through the trees, and craggy mountains loomed in the background. It might have been a picture postcard view if it weren’t for the fence.’ The minute I read this paragraph I was hooked! Nathan field is so good at really setting the scene and I couldn’t put this book down. I love that Nathan took elements of true historical facts and wove them into a fictional story, I thought that that was so unique and entertaining. Overall I loved this book and definitely recommend reading it.
A thrill ride, for sure. Terrifying and disturbing. And what a refreshingly unexpected ending! Superbly executed.
I was excited to be approved for an arc of this novel, and then found out that it was the third in a series. So after reading the first two, I was even more excited to get to this one. I loved the premise. Secret societies, lost memories, and a general creep feeling from prep school students. What more can you ask for?
I will echo other reviewers and say that you probably need to read the previous books in this series, as I was a little lost when reading about past events that happened. That said, I liked this story but felt it was missing a little...I dunno, meat, I suppose. I wanted more about how the kids obtained the knowledge, I wanted more info on Raphael. It seems like we're just on the precipice of a really freaking good story, and I wish there had been just a bit more. It intrigues me enough to go back and read the other books so I consider that a success.

Thank you for the advanced copy.
Fantastic finale to a thrilling trilogy. The ending was a slam dunk, though probably helps if you know a bit of history, might go over younger heads. Definitely a grown up read!
Thank you to NetGalley for this ARC in return for my honest review.
I wasn’t aware this was the third book in a trilogy. I do suggest you read the other two first, however, I truly enjoyed the first half of the story a little more than the second half. I love dark academia and cult-like feels which is exactly what I received.
Imagine that Quentin Tarantino and Dan Brown teamed up to write a boarding school novel in the vein of Never Let Me Go, but with a wildly different twist. I'm pretty sure this book is what you'd get as a result. While I don't plan to go back and read the other books in this series, I'd give it a solid three stars for the entertainment it provided. It has a solid hook, good pacing, and just enough nailbiter moments that I had to keep turning the pages.

While I was quickly sucked into Elijah's storyline, I found myself bored or disinterested when the story flicked over to Karl or Dawn. I also found the ending to be unbelievable and rushed. It felt a bit like the author grew tired of writing and decided to abruptly wrap things up.

Thank you to NetGalley and the author for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you to NetGalley and Nathan Field for providing me with an e-arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.

3/5 Stars

This book has one of my favorite things - an old boarding school where lots of creepy things happen! Elijah is sent to school in St. Louis and told that he won't be able to leave or contact his family until he graduates. Little does he know, the school has much more in store for him than that. Elijah has been selected.

The setting is creepy, and it's apparent that weird things are happening at this school from the beginning. However, the fun comes as we find out what exactly this school has in store and how he might be able to stop it.
Eep. I had no idea this was a part of a series and no wonder I felt as though I was missing a lot because I really was missing a lot.
This was strange and I feel like I would enjoy it more if I had read the previous installments.
This is a mystery book with elements of horror and true crime. There’s great detail and the characters are intriguing.
The end was a let down however.

Thanks very much for this copy of my ARC. All opinions are my own.
The european school is the third book on the many series, this is one of the Meh books, I didn't liked it at all, I didn't enjoyed it.
So weird. So a child is taken to a boarding school one day and basically told he will not see his family until he graduates and they knew that when they dropped him off. All this weird stuff starts happening around the school - lots of abuse and weird mentally unstable things. The end is very predictable and disappointing. I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
THE EUROPEAN SCHOOL is Book 3 of THE MANY Trilogy,  and my favorite (though I enjoyed all three books). Set on an isolated estate some distance from St. Louis,  The European School is a very private, upscale, very ELITE boarding academy. Housed in a former family  residence/asylum/rehab/prison, the school is kind of nightmarish. Once enrolled,  students can't go home. The older students have all been "introduced to the knowledge," and so are not only elitist, but Stepford-ish. New student Elijah wants out, but unknown to him he has been selected for a prime role.

The Denouement is delightfully twisted and unexpected,  and surprisingly worked out. I really "got a kick" out of this novel, and glad that I read the Trilogy consecutively.
Thank you to Netgalley and Independent for a review copy of this book.

Elijah Wellsford is shocked when his parents send him to an elite boarding school on the outskirts of St. Louis. He soon discovers there’s something terribly wrong at the school.

Firstly let me preface this with saying I have not read the other parts of the trilogy.
I think the book did a really good job of detailing previous elements integral to the ongoing story. I didn't ever feel like I was lost, as things were described quite well. Having said that, if I had read them, there are a few repetitions which might be frustrating to read.

Taking the book as a standalone, I thought the tension was built really well, the characters were good, the setting was creepy and intriguing.
This was a fine book and written well, it just wasn’t for me unfortunately..............................."..........................
This is the third book of the series and i didn't realise that after i had started it. Overall i felt like i missed a lot of the detail needed to understand sections of the book as i hadn't read the other two.

I did like the writing but it was just a miss because of missing detail that would fleshed out the world and character development from the previous books.
This is the third book of the series ( I didn't know it was series until after i had requested the book) and personally i would advise to read the previous books as i felt i missed a lot of the background of the characters and their stories.

Elijah and Karl are the main POV's in the book.

Elijah Wellsford is shocked to learn he is being sent to a boarding school in St. Louis. As time goes on in the school Elijah starts to discover all is not what it seems at the school. Suspect strangers wonder around the grounds of the school, students who have a likeness to each other and curriculum which covers a lot of European history. Elijah finds out these are all connected. Karl and Elijah paths connect and women from their past holds the key to them living  but bringing her back might put her danger.

This book is very dark and creepy at times.

I would say i would put this book into a various genres from Horror to crime.

As i said at the start i would advise personally to read the two other books. For example Karl is in the two other books and felt i missed part of his story.

Overall a book for people who like a book full of mystery with a bit of horror and some bad people.
I really like this book but didn’t realize it was part of a series which now I probably need to read.  I mean character is it a strange school we’re nothing seems to make sense surely that means it’s not over.