Cover Image: Act Your Age, Eve Brown

Act Your Age, Eve Brown

My heart  sung for this book and I was so happy to claim this in a give away. A perfect ending to the Brown sisters, an the perfect set up to a much more expanded universe.
"Love, as unexpected as it was powerful, burned in Jacob like a forest fire, but it left the opposite of destruction in its wake."

What can Talia Hibbert not do?! This Brown Sisters series is so wonderful and I really hope we get something more, even just a short novella set in the future. This installment is heavy on the cameos from the sisters, their love interests, and the family, but it's not really a spoiler and these can be read out of order.

Eve is such a lovable and relatable character. She's a little irresponsible, doesn't like to be tied down, and walks around with one Airpod in at all times. But she 100% herself, and her charm isn't enough to stop the B&B she spontaneously applies to work at from hiring her... even after she runs over the owner. Accidentally.

Thank you to Netgalley and Avon for the e-arc. All opinions are my own.

I can't decide if this one or Dani was funnier, but wow did I laugh so much!! I've also been informed this is the steamiest in the series, but this book was unfortunately my reading slump book, so it took me over a month to read it and I don't recall most of the details lol. The final conflict/showdown was lovely and perfectly done, unlike most cheesy or over-the-top miscommunication for the sake of miscommunication romance novel endings.

There is amazing autism representation, plus the usual plus size and Black lead own voices rep in this series. Highly recommend to anyone wanting to get into the adult romance genre or long-time fans.
A delightful enemies to lovers romance novel. The balance between clear attraction and animosity between Jacob and Eve is so palpable, and the journey that they make getting to know one another is charming and realistic and heartwarming. I absolutely loved the incredible characters, their growth both together and individually - all of it was perfect.
I am so sad this is over, but I have adored the whole series! I am so glad this series exists, and I think it conveys so well the beauty of romance and complex and diverse it is! People are missing out when they do not pick up these stories, and I am so glad to enjoy the series, albeit sad this is now over.

What did I love so much about this? All of it. Seeing Eve stumble upon this job by accident and then ending up falling for Jacob was awesome. Even though I knew it was coming, that never diminishes the joy of these books. Talia Hibbert excels at writing these romances you do not want to stop reading, and there are even moments when I am like, how is this just fiction when it is so just so well done?!

Eve takes a job at the b&b that is struggling, and she does not get along with Jacob. She has even to help out since she ran him over with a car by accident. He does not like her at first, but they start to grow closer. What I adore is the autistic rep with Jacob, because my step brother is autistic, and he read this as well and said the rep is accurate. This book also shows about autism can be seen as negative, but there is a happy ending. I know romance always has a happy ending, but this book goes beyond this and provides satisfying and realistic resolutions to the issues presented.

This is probably one of the best romance series I have loved, despite not being a big avid romance reader. I highly implore everyone to pick these books up because the diversity and amazing characters are worthwhile. The steamy scenes are great as well, Talia Hibbert is absolutely fantastic and I look forward to reading more books by her.

A huge thank you to Avon and NetGalley for the digital copy shared for reviewing purposes. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Eve Brown may not be my favorite Brown sister, but Talia Hibbert’s wit and sweet-as-pie characters are still irresistible. This earned a solid four stars from me.

Eve is tired of being the perpetual disaster – after another failed attempt at entrepreneurship, her parents tell her it’s time to settle down and pick a career. But this feels like the ultimate affront to Eve, who has never truly loved any of the career paths or educational opportunities she’s taken. Upset, she takes to the road, drives and drives, until she pulls over in a quaint little town and sits right down for an interview as a chef at a bed and breakfast.

Jacob, the bed and breakfast’s owner, is unimpressed. Eve is sporadic and doesn’t take things seriously. Then, of course, she hits him with his car…so there’s that.

Despite his distaste for her, she does cook well, and he needs her to cook for a food festival coming up to draw more patrons to his B&B. Hopefully, she can make it before she flakes.

Talia Hibbert’s voice when she writes feels like a friend talking to me. The flowery language of Get a Life, Chloe Brown is what I fell in love with in the first place. To be truthful, Dani has been the sister I relate to the most, but I’ve loved all their stories for their unique voices. I just don’t feel like other romance writers are consistently writing with this adorable wit and humor.

As far as the story goes, again, it’s one of my favorite tropes: enemies to lovers, there’s a bed and breakfast involved, AND there’s baking?? I’ll take ten. And Talia does a great job with it, and a great job with character development centered around this scenery. I can see increased confidence in them, see increased self awareness, that makes the characters feel warmer to me.

I also love to see characters with autism represented in this light. I love characters typically misrepresented to be shown as human to begin with, obviously, but Talia has been so good at this throughout her series: fibromyalgia, anxiety, and now autism. Her characters are real and human, and they’re treated as such. None of these things become the focus of the person or their story, but just one of many things that makes them unique and who they are: just like it should be. Not a dominating character trait or a fault to the romance, but one of many pieces of the characters we know and love.

Overall, a solid four out of five stars from me. I’m hooked on Talia’s writing, and now that the series is over, I can’t wait to see what she does next. New to the Brown sisters? You can check out my review of books one and two here. Highly recommended, *chef’s kiss* series.

A copy of Act Your Age, Eve Brown was provided to me by the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
I absolutely loved all the Brown sisters stories, but Eves was definitely my favorite! Talia Hibbert has such a fantastic writing style and I’m so happy I was able to read this through Netgalley!
This was absolutely one of my favourite books of 2020. I adored Eve and getting to know her story, plus the grumpy/sunshine trope between her and Jacob was golden. I think I probably related the most to Eve out of the three sisters and her and Dani were my favourite books. Especially the DUCKS (no spoilers!)

Eve’s story did not disappoint – hilarious and heartfelt much like her siblings, and almost certainly more like me than Chloe or Dani so I related so hard to all of her antics. This book also has own voices autism rep, fat rep, LGBTQIA+ secondary characters, deals with mental health and is just 100% beautiful.

Honestly, if you haven't picked up the Brown Sisters yet, you absolutely should because they are golden.
I haven't enjoyed a contemporary romance book this much since The Hating Game! Eve Brown and Jacob Wayne were so cute I couldn't stand it. I loved that the story mostly takes place at a B&B and the fact that it's all because Eve hit Jacob with her car is hilarious.

I haven't read either of the other books in the Brown Sisters series but I'm definitely going to now and didn't feel at all like I was missing out not having already read them. I know this is the last book but I think Talia Hibbert should explore Jacob's friends next *hint hint*

I loved the autistic representation and body positivity included as well. Overall, Act Your Age, Eve Brown is an excellent read to kick off the summer with!

Thanks so much to Netgalley and the publisher!
I was unable to post a review in a timely manner due to a chronic neurological disorder interfering with my vision. However, I did promote this book in a blog post: http://thebookdivasreads.com/2021/04/11/book-recommendations-april-2021/.
This book was amazing! So funny and charming. I love a good enemies to lovers story. This was my favorite book in the series and this series got me into romance!
In the final novel in the Brown Sisters trilogy, we come to know Eve, the youngest in the trio. Right away I liked Eve because of the bright energy she exuded but also for her chaotic tendencies. Compared to the first two novels, it was great to see confident Black women who knew what their goals were and watching them reach those milestones. For Eve however, things have never been that straightforward or simple. Eve isn’t your average neurotypical (spoiler: she isn’t neurotypical) and finds it harder than her sisters and most people to stick with careers and projects. For one reason or another she always ends up fleeing the scene of her latest mishap. It was nice to read about someone who didn’t have it all together but was still brave enough to keep trying.

This book had some wonderful messages that I think can resonate with anyone needing a little positive affirmation or to see themselves in a character and indirectly be given grace. Hibbert made it clear that making mistakes does not negate your worth as a person and that you’re as deserving of love as anyone else. While Eve was hard on herself for not being perfect, she did grow and started being truer to herself by the end of the novel which was great. Falling in love and choosing to be with someone adds to one’s journey of self discovery because one has to be open with their partner and be willing to check themselves incase they fall back into harmful habits. All that is to say I love how Hibbert develops her characters and gives them real human depth.

This book was, if I’m recalling correctly, my first with Autistic representation in the main character(s). I appreciate that Jacob was a whole character and not (to me, please check me if I am speaking out of turn) just a poorly written addition just for the sake of it. He was a funny character to read but I also learned some things about ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and how it may present in individuals. I’d definitely love to see more novels of all genres include more neurodivergent characters. Neurodivergent people are just as capable as neurotypicals and deserve to be depicted as such. I enjoyed Jacob’s character and the approach to navigating ASD very much. The characters have these parts of them but weren’t infantilized and were very much grown adults.

Now onto the romance! I love love loved it because it went from mutual dislike and apprehension to you-have-to-get-along-for-a-mutual-goal to friends? to friends! but….I like you? to fluffy goodness that I won’t completely spoil for y’all. While Eve is a purple-pink ray of sunshine, Jacob is a grumpy and often meaner than he means to be which is of course an entertaining match. Hibbert did not disappoint and their relationship and chemistry was enthralling. There was no shortage of sarcasm and witty banter, but also moments of vulnerability and emotion as they became closer friends. (And of course many sexy bits.) The romance was really developed nicely since Eve and Jacob were made to get along and play nice for work, but actually came to like each other quite a lot! While they got to know each other they learned things about themselves that brought up feelings and furthered their individual development which was Great!

I loved what Hibbert did and am a bit torn up about the series ending, but the great thing is all three books are totally re-read proof! This was a fresh and fun romance from start to finish. Thanks again to Hear Our Voices book tours, Avon Books, and Talia Hibbert for this great opportunity! I’m grateful to be a part of a promotion for such a wonderful book.
I loved Eve brown as expected the romance between her and Jacob was so lovely and fun to read about! A very calming and continuously hilarious romance.
Chloe & Dani, step aside! It’s Eve’s turn to shine. ⁣
⁣
Have you heard other readers say they relate to Chloe and Dani SO MUCH? (myself included…) But maybe you just simply didn’t feel the same? Then Eve’s story is for you! ⁣
⁣
Eve is so, so different from her sisters. She’s quieter, unsure what she wants out of her life, and often doubts herself. All of which is steeped in her past experiences.⁣
⁣
So when her parents give her an ultimatum: hold down a job or lose financial support, Eve runs away to The Lakes and stumbles into a quaint B&B in need of a cook. While she *was* looking for a job, she certainly wasn’t looking for grumpy Jacob, the B&B owner who’s standards are a little too high for Eve’s more relaxed style.⁣
⁣
With one earphone in at all times, Eve adjusts to her new independent life where she has to choose to bet on her skills, her heart, and herself. This story has all the charm (and representation - TWO autistic leads & accommodations is a MAJOR THEME!) of any Hibbert romance, and oozes the author’s adoration for the youngest Brown sister. You can’t help but feel the same.⁣
⁣
While I must admit I am drawn more to Chloe and Dani’s stories, this series simply wouldn’t be complete without Eve! Talia Hibbert does it again and, yes folks, she is setting up for a spin-off series (that I heard will be her own takes on Jane Austen’s work 👀) for a brand new set of siblings. Just take my money already, Talia!!!⁣
Steam Level: 🔥 🔥 ⁣
⁣
cw: childhood neglect, anti-autistic ableism⁣
⁣
What a great finale for the Brown sisters! I loved the neurodivergent representation that Hibbert put in the book.
This was a funny, and heart-warming book. Jacob's thought processes and blunt familiarity with friends made it hilarious. I loved the dynamic nature of Eve and how I got to witness her transform into someone who's confident in her abilities. The book did a good job delving into each characters' insecurities, but I wish it would have shown Jacob addressing his a little more. All in all a great book!
This series is funny, honest, sweet and sexy. And yes it's possible to be all of the above! This book features the youngest of the Brown sisters, Eve. She is a bit of "hell on wheels" (literally) in all she does and her parents have put their feet down and told her it's time to grow up or she will be cut off! So to prove that she can get and keep a job on her own, she crashes a B&B's inverviews, clearly unprepared and in her usual whirlwind fashion. The owner, Jacob Wayne who is her opposite in every way: controlled, and expects perfection in all things is not impressed. His immediate reaction is "definitely no!", but reconsiders because he is desperate and in a bind. When he goes outside to find her to offer her a trial, she hits him with her car. Yes, hurricane Eve has struck!

Eve, feeling terribly, decides that whether Jacob likes it or not, she will stay and help him recover from the accident. He obviously needs her help. And maybe he won't discover that she moved into his spare room at the same time! Enemies to lovers. Forced proximity. Rom-com. Plus the Brown Sisters.......and now we also have the Montrose Sisters (Jacob's best friend's sisters). You will laugh, you will cry, you will not want this to end!

Thank you Talia Hibbert for another amazing book!
As the last of the three Brown sisters novels, I was greatly anticipating reading Eve's story and Talia Hibbert did not disappoint! The romance between the two slightly messy characters was perfect and I loved the ending!
Closer to a 4.5, but a five due to the wonderful, light, happy feeling I got from completing this series, it deserves it.  Talia Hibbert is amazing at sucking me into her stories; especially when she writes sister relationships so well. Eve and Jacob are great characters and the plot was the right mix or believable and romance fantasy.  Eve's journey of self-actualization Eve embarks on and her fear of failing are both things I can relate to.  Jacob's journey, while not the main focus, was still great and complements Eve's story wonderfully.
Okay, I think Eve may be my new favorite Brown sister!!

When Eve Brown ruins an expensive wedding she is paid to plan, things seem like they're at their worst. However, when her parents give her threaten to take away her trust fund payments until she proves she can hold down a real job, Eve feels like she has really hit rock bottom, But when Eve happens across a bed & breakfast looking for someone to help in the kitchen that piques her interest, she comes across Jacob Wayne, the very rigid owner who seems like he wants nothing to do with Eve. But who can actually resist Eve's charm??

I seriously loved this book. I love that Talia Hibbert has such a great way of incorporating diverse characters, in this case representing body positivity and characters with autism spectrum disorder. I did a combo of audio and e-book for this one, and enjoyed both. Highly, highly recommend!
Similar to the other book's in this series, Hibbert does a wonderful job with her characters and their journeys of self-discovery and becoming comfortable with who they are.