Cover Image: On the Run

On the Run

These books have the perfect mix of suspense, action, and romance. Traci is such a talented storyteller, and I always look forward to reading her books.  It has been a few years since I’ve read a Guardian book, so I thought I might feel a bit lost, but we didn’t see a whole lot of any other Guardian members in this story, so I was fine. To be honest, I kind of missed my past favorites, but they can’t be in ALL the books.

Elle and Nolan worked together really well - she had just the right amount of stubbornness to her - and since she was relatively familiar with military life, she held her own when they were in the middle of things.

I was glad for the chance to read this book, and as always, look forward to reading more from this author.
On the Run by Traci Hunter Abramson

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
___________________________________________________________
Story Notes

The fourth in the Guardians series is a great must read! I really loved the plot lines and the characters that Ms. Abramson created. The danger and the situations were realistic and entirely plausible. While not an entirely new plot, there were plenty of twists to keep it fresh and engaging. I was strongly reminded of the Bourne series, a real favorite of mine, which only served to make this book more enjoyable. Why is it we would all like to be in a story like this? I know it would be both extremely dangerous and terrifying but I'm still drawn to this possibility. The conversations were sharp and witty and the technical jargon accurately done. I loved how they weren't supposed to talk about the others names but necessity threw that out the window at times. I haven't read the other books in the series but they have definitely been added to my reading list. I'll be curious to see who is the focus of those other stories. I will certainly be recommending this book and the series to others and hope they will enjoy them as I am. Hoping there is more good writing coming soon from Ms. Abramson.

I received this temporary complimentary E-book from Covenant Communications via NetGalley in order to provide a fair and honest review. I will receive no fiscal compensation for this review and the opinions expressed herein are entirely my own.
"On the Run" is another great addition to the Guardian Series. Suspense, action and a little bit of romance a long the way, Traci Hunter Abramson knows how to deliver a story that fills all these roles. And the story does not disappoint. I couldn't put this book down.

Our leading lady and man are intelligent, observant and well trained individuals who are thrown into the whirlwind world of drones, missiles and politics and it does not stop in the suspense department. It has you going from the first page. I fell in love with the characters, Elle and Nolan, and I can see why romance developed between them, even with all the danger they were in. One thing that I really appreciate about Abramson's writing in this book, and others of the series and on the topic, is that her life experience and research make the stories very real. This realistic approach adds even more to the suspense level for me. Abramson ties up some loose ends while leaving the option for more stories in the future and I certainly hope that she does so. I can't wait to read the next book from Abramson!

If you are looking for a book that is fast-paced and suspenseful with the perfect amount of romance this is the book for you.

* I received a copy from the author/publisher via NetGalley and this is my honest opinion.
Have loved previous books by Traci, this is no exception.  The plot is amazing and kept me engaged from the beginning. The story reminded me so much of how much our family can & should mean to us, telling us how to  pull together.
Heavens to Betsy! Y'all better buckle up for this one. It's a fast-paced, fly by the seat of your pants ride. And I loved it! My heart was pulled in completely from the opening scene. I kept hoping that what happened really didn't happen. I didn't want to believe it. But you know when you're reading a suspense novel that it's going to be that...suspenseful and hard things are going to happen.

Elle ends up on the run and running into several problems as she does so. Thankfully the Guardians are aware of her situation and send in Ghost, aka Nolan, to protect her. Between the two of them they're able to keep on the run and find a little bit of down time to research what could have gone wrong, whodunit and why. We even get a glimpse into the bad guy's point of view. I don't know about you but I actually really enjoy reading from the bad guy's POV.

The chases, hiding, explosions, fights, searching, technology uses, the final reveal...everything had me hooked from the very beginning and figuratively bitting my nails. And I really enjoyed the friendship that developed between Elle and Nolan. There's some attraction that sparks between them and I loved the added dimension that gave the novel. Especially how it offset the intensity of everything. The author did a fantastic job tying everything up and giving me a satisfying ending.

I haven't read all of the guardian or saint squad books (crossover series) but I was able to enjoy the story without all the background info. The ending has a bit of a tie in with a previous character from previous books and it was fun. So if you want to read this book without reading all the others I think you'd be fine to do so. But I think you'd probably enjoy reading the other books if you enjoy romantic suspense!

Content: Clean. It's a suspense novel so there are plenty of moments of peril. But with all of the moments of peril it was done in a way that was not overly graphic and that I would label as clean. As for the romance, it is a sweet and clean romance with only some kisses.

I received a copy from the publisher, Covenant Communications, via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions in the review are my own.

Happy Reading!!!
I’ve enjoyed this series. There is a big emphasis on the members of the Guardian program being incognito and staying out of sight-although that seems to fly out the window often, especially in this book. That didn’t take away from the enjoyment and excitement that the main characters faced as they had to be constantly on the run. They tried to not only stay alive, but solve a crime that would save many lives.

I would read more in this series.
This book is intense. The action starts from nearly the first page and goes almost to the end. I have read all the guardian books and they are so good. Nolan is a newer guardian. He is thrown in the action when he is sent to protect Elle. Elle has accidentally come across information that someone will do anything to keep hidden. This story keeps you on the edge of your seat while Nolan and Elle trying to discover who wants her dead.
When investigative journalist Elle Jameson's, sister is killed Elle is put in the protective custody of the Guardians until they can find out who wants her dead and why. Nolan's a fairly new Guardian and protecting Elle is his first solo assignment. Can Elle and Nolan find out who's behind a planned attack and prevent what could lead to WWIII?

Traci Hunter Abramson has long been one of my favorite romantic suspense authors. She knows how to pull me in with the suspense and includes a touch of romance. I read this after several period romances and the nonstop action had my pulse racing. Elle and Nolan (Ghost) are both smart and well trained in their professions, and they'll use all that training figuring out who's behind the theft of a piece of military equipment, and what their deadly plan is.

This is a fast pace story, with a few calm scenes allowing the reader to catch their breath. This book is aptly named as that's what Elle and Nolan find themselves doing for most of the book. I liked how Elle and Nolan worked together, and they built up a trust between them. When your life is on the line you need to be able to trust the person you're working with. I liked how the other Guardians supported Nolan and helped him on this mission. I liked getting cameos of characters from the previous books and hints that there's another book in the series!

There are scenes of peril and danger but this is a clean romantic suspense. I received a complimentary copy from the publisher Covenant Communications via NetGalley. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.
This book had lots of action and suspense.  It kept me entertained the whole time . There was obviously a lot of research done by the author. Because it was all pretty believable to me.
This is the first book I’ve read by this author and I enjoyed it so you don’t have to read the other books in this series to read this one. Although I’m sure there are things I missed since I haven’t read the other books in this series.
A fast paced, suspense filled read:
This is a clean political thriller with a slight romantic thread but the main focus was on the investigation. There was however a sweet happily ever after in case you are wondering!
As an investigative journalist Elle stumbles upon some strange goings on at the air base and soon becomes a target as the perpetrators are desperate to keep her quite and stop her investigating. Nolan is the 'guardian' sent to protect her and together they worked furiously to try to discover what was actually going on. It was fast paced with action filled suspense that had me curious as to how it would all work out.
The author provided a lot of facts and she had obviously done her research, although this did slow the story line down at times. It is part of a series but can definitely be read as a standalone as I hadn't read the previous books and was able to follow along without any difficulty.
I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review. All opinions expressed are solely my own.
On the Run is a fantastic romantic suspense. An edge of your seat page turner.  Suspense fans will not be disappointed.  I received an advance ebook from the publisher and this is my unbiased review.
This is an intense action paced adventure that had me engaged and on high alert from the start. …”For three weeks now, Ellie had set aside her true identity of investigative journalist and had acted under her alias of Lieutenant Elaina Martin to send her suspicions up the chain of command…”Her assignment to Germany was supposed to be her opportunity to take a break from high-profile cases for a while, a chance to rest and recover from nearly six months of undercover work in the Middle East.” Something happened that forces Ellie to run for her life.

I cared for the main character and her guardian Nolan who is trying to protect Elle Jameson’s life. Someone killed her informant and tried to kill her. But why? Will Elle and Nolan figure out who the evil force is and where they will strike next? I kept reading to find out.

I enjoyed this mystery, and the dedicated people fighting the good fight, at any cost with characters I felt a connection. I liked this author writing style, clean language, with just the right amount of adventure, and a splash of romance. Enjoyed the journey. This would work well for book club. This is the first book I’ve read by this author it won’t be the last.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!
The Book Club Network blog www.bookfun.org
As, with Mrs. Abramson’s previous suspense novels, this one will also have readers reading all night to discover the ending!  This book starts off at a fast pace and doesn’t stop until the explosive ending.  This book was very enjoyable to read.  I loved the concept of the guardians and how they work to fight against the evil in this world.  I have liked all of her books that I have previously read and loved this one as well.  This book focuses on Elle and an investigation that she is trying to get to the bottom of.  After an unexpected tragedy where she knows someone is after her due to all of her digging, she goes on the run.  Unbeknownst to her, the guardians head her way to help her.  Her “ghost” Nolan’s goal is to protect her, but he realizes that there may be a connection between them.  Readers will have to read this to find out what happens to them both.  This book is written very well.  The words flow throughout and as the scenes change it is a smooth transition.  The research that was done for this book is apparent and the topic was a fascinating subject!  I highly recommend this book!  I know you will not be disappointed!
***I was given a free electronic copy of this book from the publisher for an honest review.  This is my honest opinion.  Even though I received this copy free, I have purchased her books before.
Romance, clean, suspense; series but stand alone read
Elle Jameson's suspicion of a crime as she works undercover at an Air Force base abroad. Her subsequent rescue by The Guardians has her running and trying to escape danger with Ghost/Nolan to try to keep her secrets safe and undercover who is involved and behind the murder of her sister and what is going to be done with the secrets she has uncovered. Perfect blend of intense action, moments of digging to uncover the secrets and connections to the criminals, and of course, the attraction between Elle and Nolan. Loved seeing glimpses of other characters from past novels to support the story line in this one. Perfectly paced and detailed, and loved all subterfuge, action, and ov course the romance. Great characters, side characters, and perfect setting abroad after the previous novel set in the US. T.H.A. knows how to right fun, fast paced, action packed fiction with a fun romance in the back ground. More of a 4.5 for me as a reader, but rounding up!
I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review. My opinions are my own.
This is a fast paced romantic thrill ride. Elle, an investigative journalist, has discovered something that someone wants desperately to keep hidden. A lunch with her sister takes a very dangerous turn and Elle finds herself on the run. Nolan, one of the 'guardians' is sent in to keep her alive and safe. Sparks fly as they try to find out who wants to kill Elle and where the missing drone and missiles before something catastrophic happens. I loved Elle and Nolan's chemistry and their many adventures in this book.
QUICK REVIEW:
Enjoyable suspense! Government conspiracy, intrigue, and a touch of romance. Pretty well written although the male protagonist really didn't seem quite so professional in how quickly he fell for the female protagonist. There was a hint of the first Jason Bourne movie to the plot which didn't bother me because I loved that movie. I would recommend this.
"On the Run" by Traci Abramson was a good read.  This novel had a lot of action and a few twists throughout the way.  There were parts of this book that were a little hard to follow, but I think that is because of the author's research and knowledge on the subject.  I was very impressed with this.  The characters were very well developed and very likeable!  All in all, this was a good read.

I received this book from the publisher through NetGalley for my honest opinion.
Once again, Abramson has brought a new depth to the fiction intelligence world. The characters are well developed and easy to love. You feel the danger as you go from situation to situation. Well written and fun to read.
#netgalley #ontherun

I thought this was an action packed story. It was full of twists, intrigue, and managed to throw in a beautiful love story. It was definitely a thriller!
Superb!

An action packed story full of twists, intrigue, emotion and a beautiful love story.  I couldn't put it down.

I voluntarily read an advanced copy.