Cover Image: Life's Too Short

Life's Too Short

I did want to read this book. But did not have time to read it. I also did not realize before I requested it that it was a third book to the series. So, I was not really into starting a new series. But I loved the cover and I’m really thankful that I was given the chance to read it. It seemed like a cute book. It has really good reviews and seems like a good book. So, if you are looking to read it, I do recommend because  it seems cute...if you like friends to lovers trope.
✨Book Review✨
Life’s Too Short by Abby Jimenez
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Steam: 🔥
Thank you so much to @readforeverpub and @abby for the e-ARC! Life’s Too Short was released earlier this month and is available now!

Abby Jimenez does it again! Can I just say that this woman could write a grocery list and I’d pay to read it. AJ is living my dream life, being a professional baker and a New York Times Best-Selling Author. She is amazing 🙌🏻

Life’s Too Short is the third book in this series but it can be read as a standalone. I read The Happy Ever After Playlist last year and it was one of my favorite books of 2020. This one will probably make my top ten, too!

ⓌⒽⒶⓉ Ⓘ ⓁⓄⓋⒺⒹ
+Hearing so much about ALS, hit close to home for me. I lost my uncle to ALS in 2009 and I have never read a book that mentioned it and brought so much awareness to the illness. I actually did my research paper on ALS for my college class and picking up this book just felt kismet.
+Vanessa is hilarious. Seriously, she had me laughing so often that Mr. Rich Reads kept giving me weird looks 😅
+Adrian. Adrriiiaaannnn *in my Sylvester Stallone voice* ugh. This man. Let’s just add another to my long list of fictional boyfriends. Tall, bearded, smart, and great with babies? Yes please 🙋🏼‍♀️

There wasn’t one thing I didn’t enjoy. Even though this was a closed door romance and I live for the smut, AJ can write the hell out of a book and I didn’t mind one bit that it was closed door. I highly recommend this for all of my romance loving friends!
Loved it!   Abby Jimenez is officially on my "don't miss" author reads for fun, relatable, and inspirational without being too preachy books.  Will definitely be recommending.
4.5 stars.
Abby Jimenez has done it again. I was hooked on this book from nearly page one. Vanessa is an overwhelmed travel youtuber whose life has been changed in an instant when she's suddenly taking care of her sister's baby. Adrian hears a baby crying from his neighbor's apartment. He checks in to see how he can help and becomes a baby whisperer. From there, the two quickly bond. What Adrian doesn't realize is that Vanessa believes she will die before her 30th birthday from ALS. Most of the women in her family have died from it before they turned 30. It's impossible to be tested so she lives life to the fullest, thus her travel Youtube career. Vanessa makes her intentions clear that she's not looking to be in a relationship. She has health and family issues and does not want to pull anybody into her mess. Yet, Adrian willingly becomes attached. Their friendship is seamless as is their path to falling in love. There is a lot of drama and angst within the story but I loved almost every minute of it. Vanessa and Adrian had such a wonderful friendship that people dream of having and they're practically family as they take care of her sister's baby. This book is full of wit, heartfelt moment, and heartbreak. The MCs are well-rounded and the supporting characters actually give something to the plot. I knocked off half a star because some of the drama could have been avoided if Vanessa actually went to the doctor at some point. The climax of this book is just wonderful and movie worthy. Not quite my favorite of the year but it's high up on the list!
So good! Jimenez has become a go to author for me. Despite the fact that her 3 books are romance, she is able to write about things such as ALS and terminal illness making these books feel like they have more substance. I like the way she interweaves the characters from all 3 books and they again make an appearance in Life's Too Short. Very readable, definitely recommend for some entertainment!
Well Abby has done it again. She really is a special author. Abby does it with the conversations her characters engage in. She is so good at writing about life and developing characters that feel like they are my real life friends/neighbors.

Abby’s characters are modern and authentic. In Life’s Too Short, I loved the dynamic between the main character Vanessa, and her dreamy love interest Adrian. Things felt so natural between them. Vanessa is a successful youtuber. She has a 50-50 chance of having inherited her family's ALS gene. Vanessa has come to terms with the disease and lives her life full of adventure and independence. But, Vanessa unexpectedly builds a platonic family with her neighbor, Adrian while she is caring for her drug addict sister newborn daughter.

The book tackles it all -ALS, addiction, teenage pregnancy, mental health but you won't be disappointed with this one.  This book is just SO good, I couldn’t put it down. Now, the only bummer is we have to wait another year for the next one from Abby, at least I can grab some Nadia Cupcakes while I wait!
Thank you Netgalley, Forever Pub and Abby Jimenez for an advanced reader copy of Life's Too Short in exchange for an honest review. I adored The Friend Zone and The Happy Ever After Playlist, but I think Life's Too Short is my favorite so far.

Vanessa is trying to live life to the fullest. ALS runs in her family and she's watched close family members die young. She doesn't want to waste the time she has left. The YouTube star has recently taken custody of her young niece because her sister, the baby's mother has a drug problem. She runs into her next door neighbor, Adrian when the baby Grace is crying uncontrollably in the middle of the night. Adrian and Vanessa are immediately drawn to each other and develop a friendship that is quickly more than that.

I absolutely adored this book. Vanessa was a luminous character. I loved how determined she was to live her life to the fullest despite a possible life altering diagnosis. I love how she encouraged Adrian to live because life is too short. I felt like these two really brought out the best in each other. I'm not always a fan of romances where the characters don't know each other for long, but this felt like they were meant to be and was so well done. I love how Abby Jimenez's have moments that make you laugh out loud, but can also make you cry (happy or sad tears.)

This was such a wonderful book! I can't wait to get my pre-order when it is released in April so I can reread.
The thing I love most about this series by Abby Jimenez is the real-life struggle of the main character that is really the focus of the book, with some lovely romance throughout the story. I really love the way she focuses on different medical and mental health problems in this series. Vanessa’s story is touching and the relationship between Vanessa and Adrian is stellar (where can I find a man like Adrian?). While the miscommunication issues in each of her books make me want to scream at the characters to just be honest and listen to each other, Jimenez does a great job of connecting readers to real relationship issues. I just adore this series and this third book may be my favorite so far!
As always, I always want to love Abby’s books. I had really enjoyed TFZ when it debuted and I couldn’t wait to continue to eat up Abby’s books. However, I can’t keep putting down my friends when they bring up problematic elements from this author’s books and it hurts.

Life’s Too Short kicks off right away and let me tell you, it’s quite the fast read! Next thing I knew, I was almost halfway. But I started to rewind my audiobook to make sure I heard certain things correctly. There was a quick suicide comment I definitely wasn’t a fan of, then there was the male MC’s thoughts of “it’s nothing she should worry about” after finding out that our heroine may have ALS, and then you have the heroine thinking she has ALS but never actually seeks out any medical advice/help.

It’s really hurtful to think that certain health issues are being used as plot devices. HEA’s are deserving even if a person continues to live with a chronic/terminal illness.
Have you ever read a book and felt like it was written just for you?  That’s how I felt while reading this book.  I absolutely loved it.  Abby wrote a story that made me laugh and pulled and my heart strings.  I could relate to Vanessa and her quest to live life to fullest extent possible.

I flew through this one and enjoyed the many Easter eggs that Abby leaves in her books.  The author also handled many challenging issues and topics well.  I enjoyed the character development throughout the novel and watching the various characters grow.  In short, if you love Abby or need a good laugh or cry, read this book!
Book Review
Life’s Too Short | Abby Jimenez
OUT NOW!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Y’all this book was SO. GOOD. all the angst, all the swoon, all the feels. Clear your schedule when you start this one because you won’t want to put it down! Adrian, oh Adrian... Abby Jimenez knows how to write a book boyfriend and he is everything I ever want in one. And Vanessa is pure sunshine. I absolutely loved her optimistic and fun attitude and her heart of gold.  Although I WISH they would have communicated a little more, I know that was the whole premise of the story, so it didn’t bother me as much. And while the books isn’t a light read all the way through, Abby is so eloquent and thoughtful with her stories and words that even the heavier topics you still get a sense of hope.

While this is book 3 in The Friend Zone series you can totally read this as a standalone!

Life’s Too Short is out TODAY! Buy it, borrow it, listen to it, just READ IT!
Abby Jimenez did it again! She’s become an auto-buy author for me. She always weaves a great story with emotion, humor and romance. Also we get a quick sighting of Kristen, Sloane, Jason, and Josh which was a fun surprise. I also loved how Abby added such authentic information about ALS.
Ok I have loved every book in this series so far, so I was thrilled when I saw the next book announced. Abby's writing is just so incredible and she gives me all the feels. Same can be said with her latest book, Life's too Short. This mix of characters I adored. Plus it was fun to have a YouTuber featured!

The chemistry between Vanessa and Adrian was sweet. I sort of felt like Adrian was slow to catch on to many things about Vanessa, but it added to the story. These two learned a lot from each other and changed each others lives.

This book features lessons on life and how we can't take tomorrow for granted. The importance of not holding grudges. Being there for family, even when they are driving us mad. We also get a look into motherhood and having a baby when dating. There's drug abuse and mental issues involved as well.

Beautiful story. Great characters.
Thank you to @readforeverPub and @netgalley with providing me with an eARC. Wow. This is the authors third book and I can say that I’ve enjoyed all of them. It’s safe to saw that I am a huge Abby Jimenez fan.
“There are people you can know for a lifetime and they never get into your heart. And then there are those who are already inside it, before you ever even lay eyes on them”.- Abby Jimenez, Life’s too Short
Life’s too Short features Adrian Copeland who is Josh’s cousin from The Friend Zone. He also made a brief appearance in The Happy Ever After Playlist but this can be read as a stand alone. We do get a cool appearance featuring the other couples. In this book, Vanessa happens to be Adrians neighbor who he meets late at night after her baby is up crying. He goes to knock and he eventually makes his way into her place and he not only offers to hold baby Grace while Vanessa showers but also puts her to sleep. Totally swoon worthy. There is just something about guys who are good with kids. Anyway, Vanessa is a YouTube/ Travel Blogger who happens to have a big following.
This friends to lovers romance will make you laugh, melt ( because cute baby), and maybe shed a few tears. Overall, it’ll just make you feel good. I adored their friendship and how he not only embraced Vanessa but also her niece/baby who she is taking care of. On top of that, he also starts to foster an old toothless diaper wearing chihuahua. Again, Adrian is total Book Boyfriend Material. Vanessa was his perfect match. She helps him enjoy the little things in life. Vanessa is worried she carries the gene for ALS (her grandma, mom and sister had it) so she has made it her life’s mission to advocate for ALS and also prepare if she ever starts showing symptoms. I think everyone can learn something from this book. Whether it’s to embrace life and the little things or forgiveness.
“You are the flood Vanessa. Seeping and then pouring, washing away everything that I used to think mattered and then filling me up to the top until I’m drowned in nothing but you”
As with The Happy Ever After Playlist, I absolutely loved this book!  Great characters and plenty of spark.  The addition of some deeper issues with the family only made this more enjoyable.  Highly recommend this book along with Happy Ever After Playlist.
Abby Jimenez never disappoints. Adrian and Vanessa were so immensely lovable, and I found myself rooting for them from the very beginning - which is relatively rare for me with romances! I also love a grand gesture, and that's all I'll say to avoid spoilers....
Life's Too Short by Abby Jimenez  #jaylammreviews
“I drink the wine, even if the only thing I'm celebrating is the fact that it's Tuesday.”

Oh Jimenez knows how to write some characters! I was immediately charmed by Vanessa and Adrian. Their chemistry, their easy friendship- it was so rich and full. I couldn't get enough of them!

This story is so beautiful because it is about two people who don't even realize how much they need someone they can count on in their life. They find each other at the perfect time and their relationship builds naturally. Their circumstances and where life has led them can be hard to stomach but they find comfort in each other.

This book took my emotions on a roller coaster! A book that can make me laugh and cry is an instant favorite.
Each time I read a book written by Abby Jimenez, I come away surprised with just how much I loved the story. At this point, I have to stop being surprised because Abby consistently writes an amazingly profound story mixed with emotion and humour.

I loved all of the elements of this novel and how extremely different it was from what I see in a similar market. From the main character being a Youtube phenomenon to the complex family dynamics it was an extremely unique novel. You would not think all of this would mix and have a place in contemporary fiction but it did! All of the 'issues' within the storyline were REAL and read as if they were occurring to REAL LIFE PEOPLE. It was perfect. *chef kiss*

Not only was this novel immensely enjoyable but it's also a message on living (not just surviving) that we could all learn from.

***Thank you to the publisher for supplying me with an ARC of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***
Thank you @readforeverpub and @netgalley for the review copy of Life’s Too Short by Abby Jimenez publishing April 6/21.

This is a highly personal review so take that in mind when deciding to read this one for yourself. Vanessa’s family has a genetic version of ALS in it’s history. She watched her sister die of the disease and realizes she could be next. She decides to live what life she may or not have to the fullest and becomes a travel YouTube star raising money for ALS research. When her sister leaves her baby with her and never returns, she is suddenly at home. Her neighbour Adrian comes over when the baby keeps him awake all night and they instantly have a connection. Closed door friendship to romance builds and it’s adorable.
Here is the personal side to it all though, I found this one hard for me to read. Vanessa has a lot of medical dread. She lives her whole life like she is going to get ALS without really knowing if she will have it. And I think she spends a lot of energy and time pretending like it doesn’t matter. But there are a few times when the extend of that dread comes to the surface, and I found those hard for me to read. I have a lot as well, I have a chronic illness with no cure. It is in remission now, but every time even a hint of symptoms flare up, my mind works overtime worrying about what could happen. I found that anxiety came up a lot for me while I was seeing Vanessa go through it and have it sometimes be minimized. So I can’t say I enjoyed reading this book, but I would think that is a subjective reason and there will be plenty of glowing reviews from others over the next few weeks!
This is the third installment in the Friend Zone series, and I think it might be my favorite yet. While it’s been a year since I’ve read the first two, so maybe I am seeing this one through rose colored glasses, I thought book one was absolutely hysterical, book two was very sweet, and book three is the heaviest and maybe even the best. They’re all funny, they’re all sweet, and they’re all deep, but this one was definitely in a league of its own. This one made me cry more than once, which is rare (but I also laughed out loud multiple times, too).

All three of these books could be read as standalones, but they’re all connected. Adrian is Josh’s cousin, and the characters from books one and two make a quick cameo. Vanessa has a 50/50 chance of carrying the gene that causes ALS, and chooses not to let this hold her back or to dwell. The potential of this disease striking combined with the impossibility of predicting her future, makes this absolutely gut-wrenching. It will cause you to cruise through this book quickly to find out what happens, and if you’re someone who reads the last page first (you know who you are), you’ll definitely sneak a peek. I’m someone who has to cover the next page so I don’t accidentally see what happens, but I absolutely had to know what was going to happen and how this one was going to end, so I finished it as quickly as possible.

This author is incredibly talented; she is quick-witted and develops characters in a way that you’re rooting for them all, and I am delighted to see that her next book will be out next spring. I cannot wait. If you haven’t read this series yet, you’re missing out!

TW: loss of a sibling, loss of a parent, ALS, drug abuse, parent neglect/abandonment, hoarding