Cover Image: Trouble with Tattle-Tails (The Fabled Stables Book #2)

Trouble with Tattle-Tails (The Fabled Stables Book #2)

5/5 Stars
The Fabled Stables: Trouble with Tattle-Tails by @auxierjonathan

This second book isn’t he Fabled Stables series is witty enough for adults and silly enough for those early readers. My kids loved reading about Auggie and his friend Willa and kept asking for more! Well @netgalley delivered with this advanced copy and it did not disappoint.

Auggie returns to the stables to find a new stable for an unknown creature. He sets out to find it and comes face to face with a town full of tattle-tails. And a bank robbery.

This is such a fun early chapter book series and I hope you’ll grab the first one, Willa The Whisp to start your Fables Stables collection!

Other books by Jonathan Auxier: Sweep, Sophie Quires, and Peter Nimble - some of our favorites!!
This is the second book in the delightful Fabled Stables series by Jonathan Auxier. Auggie has just been notified that there is a new rare beast for him to secure for the fabled stables. He, Willa and Fen venture into a village to discover villagers with -- tails? And these tails talk! In fact, they are tattle tails. The villagers will do anything to get rid of the pesky critters. Auggie hatches a plan that will tame the tails and benefit another creature at the stable. The Rooks are still around and get a small taste of their own medicine, thanks to Fen. Working together, the friends  are soon back on the top of the world = with a new addition to the menagerie.
With all of the colorful illustrations, this is a great choice for kids moving beyond readers into chapter books.
Thanks to NetGalley for access to this ARC! "Trouble with Tattle-Tails" was a wonderful and enchanting book to dive into. The illustrations were fun and imaginative. I would love to see more of this series!
I read an early copy of this book for Netgalley.  I loved it even more than the first in this series.  The tails...tattle...what a fantastic concept...this author is so gifted it is almost unbelievable.  Where does he get his ideas?  Don’t miss this book-it is special.
A very sweet addition to this new series.  I’m really enjoying this series.  The main character is sweet and smart.  His sidekicks are so fun (even when they aren’t trying to be).  My favorite character is the stick in the mud.  He’s such a wonderful curmudgeon.  I loved the artwork.  So colorful!  I can’t wait to read further adventures in this series.
Finn must save a Tattle Tail, which proves to be difficult. Someone has stolen the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and the tattle tails are multiplying. A satisfying read.
This was a very sweet book for younger elementary school readers.

Auggie runs the Fable Stables where he takes care of all kinds of magical creatures, including his best friend Willa.  In this adventure, Auggie travels to a town to help wrangle the Tattle-Tail and find a missing pot of magic gold.  This is a very sweet story, will very cute illustrations that will really pull in young readers.  This magical series is perfect for those early elementary readers transitions for Early Readers to Chapter Books.
First sentence: At the top of the world sat an island. At the heart of that island lived a boy named Auggie. Auggie was just like most other boys, except in one way. He had a job. Auggie worked in the Fabled Stables--a magical place full of one-of-a-kind creatures.

Premise/plot: Auggie--joined by an eager Willa (whom we met in book 1) and a reluctant Fen (whom we also met in book 1)--work together to save a town from an invasive and replicating menace: tattle tails. These talking tails literally drive people crazy by their incessant talking or tattling as the case may be! It all started with one person's curiosity...

My thoughts: I really loved the first book in the series. I enjoyed this one too. I'm not sure I would go so far as to say that I loved it absolutely. I love the idea of the series. I love the creativity and humor. And Jonathan Auxier is a great writer. (I definitely have a bias since he's written some of my favorite, favorite, favorite books.) This is his series for young readers. It's an early chapter book with a lot of illustrations. They are ever-so-loosely connected to some of his other books in that they both mention a Professor Cake.