Cover Image: Lycan's Blood Queen

Lycan's Blood Queen

I enjoyed the concept and premise of this book but unfortunately I didn’t love it overall. The descriptions and language were overly formal, tedious and clunky, making it hard to get through. The tenses switched often, which sometimes made it hard to tell who’s thoughts I was reading about. I wanted to like this one, but it was just very difficult to get through, despite the interesting premise.
Great concept but the flow from a readers perspective was difficult. The author changes character 1st person and second person perspective several times in the same paragraph. It is confusing on who is speaking who's thoughts I am reading.
Mia is aware of the supernatural world but not the extent she is a part of it. If you are looking for a more sexy Twilight this is a series for you. The book had some expected turns but that  didn't leave you disappointed in the story. 4/5  stars
Mia knows that there are supernaturals in the world and even that she might be one but she has no idea what she could be.  King of the Lyncans Aaron Randolph has Mia brought in for questioning under the belief she is one of his rivals.  But will their hatred turn into the opposite?  And will they be able to fight against the one who is trying to rule them all?

Overall this was a great read.  The beginning started slow and the point of view jumped around so much it was hard to get a read on the characters until about 1/3 of the way into the book.  But once in I could not put it down and now I will be waiting impatiently until the second book comes out!

This book was given to me an an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley in an exchange for an honest review. I was not compensated in any way.
I must start by saying this was a fantastic story. I wanted to enjoy every single page.... but.....  There are stories that have you glued to the pages and this can totally be one of those. This is a different take on your typical PNR, I enjoyed how the author switched things up and the stories that lead up to these really great scenes were not predictable. I enjoyed their chemistry even though she was a bit to naïve and I feel like I could have used a bit more detail in who they were/are. But the grammatical errors are just disappointing, it reads like a rough draft. This book can be really amazing and I will be anxiously waiting for book 2. I just hope and assume this ARC is in the beginning stages corrections. I rated 4 out of 5 because the hard part of making the story addicting was almost a home run, but with so many errors that make me stumble in reading I could not let that go.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, a slight different take on vampires and werewolves and such, slightly refreshing change.
A good story kept me hooked, Mia grew into a strong lead, and I shall look forward to the second in the series
I just loved this book - shifters, witches, magic, drama, sexy romance. Everything I love to read about and more.
***
So, in the beginning after the first few pages, I really felt like, ok, this is going to be a nice read. But then, after the first few chapters, it got better and better and better! I was just so in to the story that I finished the book within 2 days! I needed to learn about Mia, about Aaron and his brothers and of course I needed to find out if a certain beta female succeeds or what the hell is going on with Mia in the first place.

The style of writing kept me going and going and the story, thanks to the different povs, was just sooo good and brought all the right elements (at least for me) to the mix. And the protas are just so good, the dynamic between Aaron and Mia, I loved it, with all their ups and downs.

Now, I do have a book-hangover, and I can't wait for book 2 to be published!

***
Für alle Romantasy-Fans da draußen, ich hab es geliebt!

Aaron und Mia sind zwei tolle Protas, auch wenn ich anfangs so ein bisschen meine Probleme hatte, dass ich in die Geschichte reinkomme. Aber nach den ersten paar Kapiteln musste ich einfach wissen, wie es weiter geht und hab das Buch innerhalb von 2 Tagen verschlungen.

Die Idee ist nicht unbedingt neu, aber die Umsetzung find ich grandios. Auch die Dynamik zwischen Mia und Aaron hat mir mega gut gefallen, mit allen Höhen und Tiefen. Besonders spannend fand ich auch eine gewisse Beta-Female, die hier auch versucht, etwas Unruhe zu stiften, aber im Grunde eigentlich gegenüber dem richtigen "Problem" nur so ein Nebenbei ist ;) Hab es aber immer genossen, Szenen mit ihr zu lesen.

Ich hab jetzt einen Book-hangover und hoffe, dass das zweite Buch bald erscheint!
Every book with werewolves/lycans is different. I particularly liked that in this book the author included multiple different characteristics of werewolves, such as the ranking system, mates and transformation. While she combined all these characteristics, she put her own spin on them and this was refreshing. One thing that I really liked was that the lycans didn't transform completely into wolves.

The characters in this book were very interesting especially Mia. One of the main points of the book is trying to figure out what Mia is. Is she a vampire? A wolf? Although, I will say that there were parts of this story that could use further development, like Aaron's family and how they splintered off into small packs. The last 1/4 of the story was great but I felt that just as it was starting to get exciting the story ended. I the ending was supposed to lead into the next book, but the ending needs a little more closure.

Overall I would recommend this book, readers just need to overlook the areas that need some tweaks.
Thrilling, one sitting read. The story will keep you engaged. Slow building romance with intrigue and mystery. Mia is a pureborn vampire who coming into her own. Aaron is the alpha and King of his wolf pack, trying to keep them safe. They are in the midst of a supernatural war, with Felipe, a dark and evil vampire King. I did not want this story to end. I cannot wait until the sequel is released. The author is one to watch for sure. She will join the ranks of the paranormal authors as a Queen.
The novel "Lycan's Blood Queen" is awesome. This book has everything you can wish for wrapped in an exciting writing style.