Cover Image: The House of Killers

The House of Killers

I really enjoyed this book. I don’t tend to go for horrors as I mainly read at night. But I made an exception for this one and I’m glad I did. It was exciting. Very well written. The plot was great. Highly recommend
A gripping read for fans of thrillers.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
The House of Killers by Samantha Lee Howe follows the story of two main characters. Serial Killer / Assassin Neva. Neva has been given a job, she has always been told not to ask any questions, just to do the job and get out without leaving any evidence behind. We get introduced to Michael Kensington. Michael has been approached to work in the MI5 task-force – Archive. His job will be looking at cold cases along with other work. What happens when these two cross paths?

This is book one in the spy thriller series by Samantha Lee Howe. I enjoyed the storyline and it kept me interested throughout the read. If you are looking for a fast paced spy thriller book with great character development than this one is for you.

Thank you Harper Collins UK, One More Chapter, and NetGalley for the copy for an honest book review.
Well written, captivating read!  Well developed, the storyline flows at a good pace.
I recommend!

This is my honest review, all opinions are my own, thank you for this opportunity to read and review.
For me this book was an OK read.  Reminded me of Killing Eve and Jason Bourne but not as good.  It is not the best book I've read.
The House of Killers by Samantha Lee Howe was a fantastic thriller.
I really enjoyed the characters and the different way in which the author told
the story. There were several twists and turns that kept me guessing all the
way until the last page.
An enjoyable and gripping read.

This was action-packed and kept me gripped from the very beginning. I loved the relationship that Neva ended up having with Agent Michael Kensington and just how their whole stories and lives were inevitably interlinked.

Will definitely read more from the author.
I absolutely waited too long to get to this one.

The concept, the delivery and follow through, were spot on. I like a good suspenseful book and this one did not let me down. I was on the edge the whole time. The back and forth was like a game and I enjoyed the flight or fight here almost like a tug of war.

I was intrigued by the idea these killers were raised to be; you see a lot of story lines where people fall into the killer line of work in so many various ways, this was unique and kept me very intrigued. I'd like to read the next one.

Thank you to Netgalley and HarperCollins UK, One More Chapter for the advanced copy.
This book grabbed me by the throat from the start and had me hooked all the way through. It is very well written with a fast moving plot. I particularly liked the different characters for each chapter and despite Neva being a trained assassin I really warmed to her and was rooting for her all the way through.  I read this book in practically one sitting, only putting down in the early hours of this morning because I couldn’t keep my eyes open.  I ended up dreaming about Neva and Michael and finished the book this morning.  An excellent five star read and I can’t wait to read more from this very talented author.
The House of Killers by Samantha Lee Howe
Publication Date: May 5, 2021
Description from NetGalley...
“Serial killer Neva has been conditioned not to ask questions of the mysterious Network, to remain perfectly incurious and perennially cold-blooded. She must simply execute the targets they text her and live to bury the tale.

But then she’s tasked with terminating a fellow assassin and glimpses her own future in her colleague’s fate. When she leaves flowers on the gravesite, someone notices.

Agent Michael Kensington knows he’ll have his work cut out for him when he’s recruited by MI5 onto operation Archive to piece together patterns in cold cases.
Nothing could ever have prepared him for Neva…An assassin obsessed with hell, a fugitive tortured by the secrets of her past, a woman destined to unthread him.
Thank you to @netgalley @harpercollinsuk @onemorechapterhc for the digital ARC in return for my honest review.
My thoughts...
Think Jason Bourne meets Atomic Blonde! That was what I thought of anyway while reading. It’s been awhile since I’ve read a spy-thriller fiction and I’m glad I read this because it was really good. I enjoy watching and reading about female assassins, and Neva was kick-ass and a great character for me. This was fast-paced, action-filled and the story-line was quite interesting. A true reading escape.
⚠️ Violence, Children trained to be killers
Smart, fast , and suspenseful.  I look forward to the next installment.
Many thanks to Harper Collins UK and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
The House of Killers is my second read by Samantha Lee Howe. It is the first part of a new spy thriller trilogy set mostly in London. Neva is a highly trained killer, taking out her victims when ordered to by The Network. When she must terminate a fellow assassin she envisages her own future and sets out on a quest for freedom, which brings her to the attention of Michael Kensington, a driven MI5 agent.

This was a big change from the author's previous novel which came as a bit of a surprise. Even so, I thoroughly enjoyed The House of Killers although at first, I was dubious about the callous Neva. The plot was well written, it was heavy on action, and exciting and tense all the way through. There was some reliance on coincidence but the characters were all well-drawn. Chilling and extremely dark, I'm invested enough to read book two, Kill or Die. Highly recommended.

I received a complimentary copy of this novel at my request from One More Chapter via NetGalley. This review is my own unbiased opinion.
The part of a new spy thriller trilogy this did not disappoint. It’s as fast paced, gripping and twisting as you could wish with the added bonus of excellent character development and interaction. Loved every moment of it and can’t wait for book 2.
I enjoyed reading this book. It had a good story to it. I liked the variety of characters in it. It was a well written book. I hope to read  more books by this author.
I definitely enjoyed the flight or fight response of this book!
Neva us a cold blooded assassin basically trained just to follow and not to ask questions of any of the orders. When Neva is basically assigned to kill an older version of herself things change A LOT.
She sits down and talks with her target and that's the first sting of her training unraveling.
Michael is an agent in a top secret group and while he chases Neva he doesn't turn her in. There is a lot of cat and mouse kind of action between these two. Neva wants to take down the organization and wants Michael to help however, she doesn't feel like she can trust him.
I enjoyed that each chapter gave the reader a different perspective because they are told by different characters. I also enjoyed that there wasn't a whole lot stuffed into the book because it is going to be made into a series. I like how the author ended it and left the reader curious for what is going to happen next. I will look forward to the next installments! Definitely a great book! I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys crime and spy action types of novels!
An interesting and disturbing story about children turned into killers. This is the first book in a series and has introduced the characters well. A good read, recommended.
Fast paced, nail biting book of intense killers.  This was a fun read and kept me intrigued.  The characters were developed nicely and the storyline was full of suspense and I couldn't get enough.  Samantha Lee Howe is one to watch, can't wait to read something else.

Excellent a very good unusual story. There was an echo of Killing Eve around the main character Neva but it was original and enjoyable.
The idea of a rogue female assassin sounds familiar, and Neva does have echoes of Villanelle, groomed by a sinister mystery criminal organisation from an early age, now rebelling against her employers and hunted. This is fast-paced and full of action. Michael, working in MI5 in a covert department, is in pursuit, but he is drawn to Neva and seems to trust her despite her profession.

This is escapist reading full of unparalleled coincidence and vibrant characters. The killings and violence are numerous, but descriptions are not gratuitously graphic. This promises to be an entertaining series.

I received a copy of this book from One More Chapter via NetGalley in return for an honest review.