Cover Image: The Wise Woman's Guide to Your Healthiest Pregnancy and Birth

The Wise Woman's Guide to Your Healthiest Pregnancy and Birth

Another really good information book for a first time mom like me! There is so much information online but it’s nice to have it organized in a book form with facts and information to back it up!

Overall I really enjoyed this helpful book and will likely go back and re-read parts throughout the rest of my pregnancy and before giving birth!

Thank you very much to NetGalley, the publisher and of course the author for the chance to read this helpful guide!
This book is fantastic! It covers everything from ttc to postpartum, with everything in between. It comprehensively  addresses how to balance gut microbiome, detoxify, lower stress to improve odds of conception. It utilizes natural methods such as herbal supplements, seed cycling, breathing, stretching and massage. There are a number of detailed photos to teach proper breathing techniques and helpful exercises, as well as indicating fertility friendly food. It is up to date and uses methods and supplementation that have been proven effective in more recent studies. I love that this book takes a strong holistic approach and empowers women to take control of their own health by educating them on the topic. While I am not currently TTC as I have a small baby right now, I enjoy researching more on the topic to help learn more for myself in the future and to help friends. Many suggestions she gives are ones that I have utilized in the past to help me successfully conceive. Fertility is a finnicky thing and even when things are fine medically, the mind not being in the right place or inflammation in the body can keep conception from occurring, so I really recommend this book to anyone who would like to take a holistic approach to improving their odds. I have well over 100 books on the topic and this one certainly stands out with the breadth and depth of applicable information it covered. I will definitely come back to it again, in the future, as a refresher!
The Wise Woman’s Guide to Your Healthiest Pregnancy and Birth  is a very nice companion. I'm ttc so any information is new and important for me. It has a lot of exercises positions with photos for you to do during and after pregnancy and lots of tips. I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review