Cover Image: The Girl on the Platform

The Girl on the Platform

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗚𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺
𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨, 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠, 𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙚
3.5⭐

Initially, I wasn't totally gripped by this book. I found the premise quite frustrating; a woman sees a child being abducted on the train home from work. No one else sees the child and nobody believes that she saw the kidnapping, due to her mental health. I hate the crazy mother who no one believes narrative but I stuck with it.

However, I really enjoyed the ending. I love a good twist and although I guessed the ending, there were some extra twists and turns that I really enjoyed and didn't see coming.

I originally gave this 4 stars, but I've knocked it down as I found the start so frustrating and almost stopped reading it. A great debut and I would recommend this book to others!
I loved this thriller about a mother focused on saving a child's life - once you pick it up you won't be able to put it down!!!
This book was so good, it reminded me a bit of the girl on the train. It had lots of twists and the ending I didnt see that coming !!
A dark and twisty thriller that will leave the reader desperately turning the pages to discover what happens next. Highly recommended.
A gripping psychological thriller! Really enjoyed this story - the pacing was spot-on, the characterisation development great, the plot was compelling with great twists, and the ending was perfect.
The Girl on the Platform
By Bryony Pearce
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐4.5

I love the twist on this one! I read it in one day! It's a page turning, gripping, and emotional read and I couldn't put it down. It's a dark mystery and it made me feel tense sometimes, specially when it talks about the little girl. I found out the twist around 3/4 of the book but the ending didn't disappoint me. Well written book!

Bridget is a first time mom in medication for depression that had to go back to work and leave her 8 months old daughter Grace with her husband at home. One night in the train coming back from work after an exhausting day, she sees a little girl being kidnapped from a platform. No one else saw it and no one believes her, not even her own husband. No kid was reported missing so she's the only one looking for the girl. At the same time, she needs to deal with her own problems, depression, medications that could cause hallucinations and nightmares, her fear of not being a good mom and wife, and to deal with her own mother. She can't stop thinking about that girl and she start doing everything she can to find her, until things start getting dark. How far would she go to save a little girl?

I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review
The Girl on the Platform By: Bryony Pearce and Narrated by: Nneka Okoye is a great crime and psychological thriller, I loved this book all the way through!  I couldn’t stop listening, the story kept me gripped from start to finish! This audiobook was full of great, twists and turns throughout and you won't be too sure who to trust all the way through.

I highly recommend this audiobook and the narrator was excellent.

Big Thank you to Avon Books UK and HarperCollins UK Audio for my advanced audiobook to listen to.
The premise was fantastic so exhilarating which made me pick up the book. The story missed its pace and slowed up in the middle, but the author brought the book in the right direction, and suspense built up until the ending kept me at the edge of the seat. Quite fun.
I couldn’t put down this book even though reading it made my heart pound. And the ending… I didn’t see that coming at all! Bryony Pearce’s writing was fluid and so powerful. Bridget’s character was so well developed I felt I knew her and could feel her anguish. What this synopsis doesn’t say is that Bridget was suffering from debilitating postpartum depression. That’s one of the reasons why the police, her mother, husband, and friends think she imagined the scene at the train station. In the acknowledgements, the author thanks those who helped her through her own season of anxiety and depression—that’s why the story was so believable. If you don’t mind a little pulse-pounding, you will love this book. 4.5 stars
Initially, I wasn't gripped by this book, the premise was good and the start was slow but, as the book went on, the story developed and the events played out, There were no loose ends, just dark and worrying outcomes, but it was an amazing debut thriller.  I will  be looking out for more by this author.
Bridget is finding life hard. Going back to work after a short maternity leave she is struggling with very long hours, having to leave her daughter Grace with her husband- even though it makes good economic sense for Tom to work from home. As she looks out the window of the speeding commuter train she sees a child being abducted. She reports it but no-one else seems to have seen anything. Before long she becomes totally obsessed with trying to find the girl even though the police are sceptical that she nodded off. Her home life unravels & she struggles to keep awake & to avoid crossing swords with her mother who wants to control the way Grace is brought up. Interspersed with the main story is an account of a child being held captive- is this the girl on the platform?

This was a fast paced story that kept me turning the pages. There were a lot of times I wanted to shake both Tom & Bridget & tell them to get away from Bridget mother & her creepy counsellor friend! All in all it was a good gripping read. Thanks to Netgalley & the publisher for letting me read & review this book.
I found this to be a really good read and turned out different than what I had expected. Although, I did start to guess the outcome near the end of the story.

The story centers around Bridget Carlson, a new mom who has just returned to work and is on the train to work. She is having trouble adjusting to being away from her infant daughter, who is left in the capable hands of the father to look after. Bridget notes what she thinks is a kidnapping taking place. No one else except Bridget has witnessed it. She reports it to the police who after investigating can find no other witnesses and no leads.

Bridget becomes obsessed over trying to help find the missing child put her job and her marriage in jeopardy. One of the police officers discovers that she is on antidepressants and feels she dreamt the whole thing up. Her husband, Tom, feels that she is neglecting him and their daughter. Bridget's mother is a force to be reckoned with, Alison, who heaps guilt onto Bridget in an attempt to get compliance.

I felt bad for Bridget suffering from postpartum depression and missing her daughter but needing to work. During the story is the unfolding of the thoughts of a small child suffering and missing her mother, she is kept locked up and mistreated until she complies. Despite Bridget's constant appeal to the police and their lack of evidence, the background thoughts of the little girl keep the reader wondering who she is and what exactly happened. I immediately disliked the mother, who at the beginning of the story came across as caring and upset that she wasn't told the truth, but as the story went on it was obvious that the mother was too enmeshed in her daughter's life and Bridget was kept inline by her mother's guilt-tripping. The ending proved why the mother had such a tight hold on Bridget.

I received an ARC from NetGalley via Avon Books UK and I have voluntarily reviewed this book.
I liked the synopsis of this book and I was not disappointed.  It was a book I did not want to put down and read it within 24 hours.  It completely pulled me in.

Bridget witnesses the abduction of a young girl from a train platform but it appears nobody else seen it happen.  Did it happen or was it her imagination?  She endeavours, against all odds, to search for the child.

This was dark, distressing and intriguing but absolutely brilliant.  Highly recommend.
I’m struggling to write a review for this novel because I don’t know what to say. It’s a solid read; that’s it.

I’m not going to lie; I hate the crazy mother who no one believes narrative. These types of stories just irk my soul. As a result, I didn’t love this book. The first half followed that narrative closely while the second half— which I happened to enjoy— strayed from the path a bit. There was a huge twist later in the book; I found it predictable but still enjoyable. I loved the twist and what resulted because of it. I considered upping my rating solely because of the twist.

The characters were all pretty solid. No significant complaints, although I do think they acted unreasonably at times. The characters’ actions did not feel very realistic; this is not a huge issue but is sometimes annoying.

All things considered, it’s a good book. I would recommend the Girl on the Platform, but it’s not high on my list of recommendations.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I could not put it down once I got started! I would definitely recommend this book! I was surprised at some of the twists and some I figured out!
Very angsty read. I had a depression after my second child, i understand the heroine. And this case with child being kidnapped, awful. And nobody saw it, nobody are interested in find the truth... Very angsty.
This story has a lot of different twists.
Highly recommend it.
The Girl on the Platfrom
By Bryon Peace
Publishing Day 15 April 2021
This book left me speechless I loved it. I felt sorry for Bridget know one would believe her she was struggling with her own mental health issues as well. A brilliant thriller every one will love it. Kept me on my toes while reading it. Bridget was trying to look after her own daughter Grace as well and keep her marriage going with Tom even know she was a witness on the train know One would believe her story not even the police so I felt sorry for her. It’s fast paced read there so many plots in this story you love a brilliant thriller.
Amazing read. Throughly enjoyed this book. It gave me all the “Gone Girl” vibes and kept me on my toes.
This book was fast paced and flew by. The characters were unreliable and it was hard to figure out who was the one to believe. The book got tense and kept me thinking the whole time. Once the author left enough clues I was able to figure out what was going on. The story got messy fast and it was hard to predict how it was going to end. I liked the ending and enjoyed the book overall!
A good gripping twist of a read about a woman who believes she witnesses a kidnapping....twists and turns, slightly unbelievable but a good read nonetheless!