Cover Image: The Soulmate Equation

The Soulmate Equation

What if your DNA could predict your soulmate? What if there was an app for that? Christina Lauren explores that in this new romance novel. It's fun & interesting & fans of Christina Lauren will not be disappointed!
I loved it. I loved Jess and River. I loved their family and friends. And I loved the kissing.

It was a bit predictable, but in a way that was comforting and didn't hurt the story.
Another cutie from the Christina Lauren duo. I'm not a huge fan of romance in particular, but always happy to pick up a new one from Christina Lauren. This was less sexy romance and more feel-good. I enjoyed it.
I adored this book. I couldn’t put it down! I have since recommended this book to everyone! I loved the characters and the premise!
I absolutely love anything written by Christina Lauren, and this was no exception. This duo has the power of words, for sure! This was a precious novel about true love overcoming everything else. If you believe in true love and believe there is someone out there for you, this is your book! I loved the strong characters that were portrayed in the book and while there were obstacles, love overcame and they powered through in the end! I love a sweet, romantic book like this!
With the 2020 revenue of the online dating industry topping $600 million, it’s clear that people are willing to put a little extra effort into finding The One. In The Soulmate Equation by writing duo Christina Lauren, a relationship cynic discovers a new method of matchmaking that appeals to her left-brained tendencies.

Full review published on NightsAndWeekends.com and aired on Shelf Discovery
Christina Lauren's books are always a joy to read. As always this is one of my favorite books of the year. The premise was right up my alley with the statistics premise. I loved the characters and their journey. I cannot wait to read more from the authors.
Jess is a single mom who is giving up on the dating world, but is drawn to the grumpy guy who comes into the cafe she frequents every morning. River is a geneticist who is creating a site where your DNA will help you find a love match. After a rough day, Jess sends in her DNA sample and she and River are surprised to find they are almost a perfect match. With the site's launch coming up, they decide to give the relationship a try to see if the numbers are right.
This book was so good!  The connection between the characters were awesome.
Is there ever a perfect match? The Soulmate Equation gave me romance and family, it was
blended so well. Christina Lauren rarely disappoint. Well done!
I always love Christina Lauren books and while the last one was a huge miss for I greatly enjoyed this one.
Premise
Single mom Jess Davis is a data and statistics wizard, but no amount of number crunching can convince her to step back into the dating world. After all, her father was never around, her hard-partying mother disappeared when she was six, and her ex decided he wasn’t “father material” before her daughter was even born. Jess holds her loved ones close but working constantly to stay afloat is hard...and lonely.

But then Jess hears about GeneticAlly, a buzzy new DNA-based matchmaking company that’s predicted to change dating forever. Finding a soulmate through DNA? The reliability of numbers: This Jess understands.

At least she thought she did, until her test shows an unheard-of 98 percent compatibility with another subject in the database: GeneticAlly’s founder, Dr. River Peña. This is one number she can’t wrap her head around, because she already knows Dr. Peña. The stuck-up, stubborn man is without a doubt not her soulmate. But GeneticAlly has a proposition: Get ‘to know him and we’ll pay you. Jess—who is barely making ends meet—is in no position to turn it down, despite her skepticism about the project and her dislike for River. As the pair are dragged from one event to the next as the “Diamond” pairing that could launch GeneticAlly’s valuation sky-high, Jess begins to realize that there might be more to the scientist—and the science behind a soulmate—than she thought.
I usually don’t go for a lot of these science based romances but this one was really well put together and I love the character of Jess and how she does what she has to do to make ends meet and it was so nice to see how her initial disdain for Dr Pena turns into quite a lovely romance.
This book was a lot of fun. Jess, a single mother to a young daughter, is trying to make ends meet. She lives near her grandparents who raised her. Needless to say, her dating life is basically non-existent. Thanks to some pressure of her best friend, Jess decides to take a DNA sample that can be used for analysis in a soulmate match testing app project. When her results come back she's in for a big shock.
FINALLY, Christina Lauren is back. After a few flops, I have enjoyed the last few of their books I have read with The Soulmate Equation being my fav of theirs in a long time.

Our hero, River... well, he's a jerk. Think Mr. Darcy jerk in that he's aloof, arrogant and acts like he's better than other people. And of course, our heroine Jess is sweet as pie. I don't want to ruin the plot at all but this is definitely a nerdy enemies to nerdy lovers situation. I found the balance of angst and humor worked well and there are a lot of seriously sweet and/or romantic elements as well. The relationship with River and Jess' daughter is heartwarming.

I found the story moved quickly and I read it in one sitting because I was so engaged. Highly recommended and even if you have been on the outs with these authors, please try this book!
The Soulmate Equation was a really interesting read for me. I am a big fan of the writing duo Christina Lauren, so I went in with high hopes and expectations. As with any author, some books are a home run for me others are okay - I was pleased that this one was a strong read.

The premise felt fresh - one thing I enjoy about romances are the tropes, however what really sets a romance read apart is an authors ability to deliver a 'fresh' feeling premise on a trope (and relatable characters of course). In this case, the CLo team delivered. While they took on some tried and true tropes - internet dating and (one of my personal favorites) the fake relationship trope, they made it feel new by adding this interesting angle of DNA based matches. This wasn't something I've seen before, so I was immediately intrigued.

I really enjoyed the main characters Jess and River - I found each relatable and fleshed out and I enjoyed Jess family as well (her daughter and grandparents). I wasn't 100% sold on Jess and River as a couple initially, but they grew for me over the course of the book.

Overall, it was a great read and one I will read again. Even though I was lucky enough to receive an ARC for review, I went and grabbed one of the beautiful hardcover editions to add to my permanent collection as well - definitely worthy of reread and recommendation.
River is the hot scientist who believes that love is based on science. Jess loves data and finance and feels love comes with conditions. Thrown together as the matched 98%  according to River's company. Getting to know each other is the plan as they reveal the true them that very few have seen. Loved Fizzy she was funny and quirky.  I want Jess inner circle, she has great people around her.
This was a cute book. It was fun, fast paced read with likeable characters. It was a great romance story. This is the first book I have read by this author, but it definitely won't be my last.
I love the idea of being matched with a soulmate by a person's DNA. I think my two favorite characters are the daughter and the best friend. The story was cute, light, made me laugh and predictable. An easy read and one I recommend.
You can never ever go wrong with any book Christina Lauren! I never get enough of her story telling! Can't wait until her next big hit!!
The concept of the book is with a single mother and her friend setting her up on a dating site that mates by DNA qualifications. It sadly wasn't able to really hold my interest.
This is the first Christina Lauren book I’ve read - I’m not sure how that’s possible, given that I enjoy a good contemporary romance book! The Soulmate Equation was delightful from start to finish. Both main characters, Jess and River, were well-drawn individuals. The premise appealed to me (matching potential soulmates based on gene pool compatibility) and it was well done, including some believable semi-technical statistical and scientific chatter. The trope is a bit of enemies-to-lovers as well as a bit of fake-dating, with a twist. Jess’s situation as a single mother was realistic and it was lovely that she had a fabulous best friend in Fizzy and loving grandparents as well, especially since her own mother was not a reliable person at all.

Thank you to NetGalley and Gallery Books for the opportunity to read an advance readers copy of this book. All opinions are my own.
I really enjoyed this book but it seems like i didnt enjoy it as much as others who have already reviewed. I cant wait for this to come out though and more people to read it!