Cover Image: Claiming the Doctor's Heart

Claiming the Doctor's Heart

Claiming the Doctor's Heart by Sean D Young is a sweet book about family, change and obligation with a love story as an added bonus.  When Dr. Eric Bradley returns home to help with his father’s practice, he is only back in Clover Creek until his father is well enough to resume his life’s work. Without discussing his ideas with his father or mother, Eric is also contemplating selling the practice, after all his life’s work is in Atlanta.   He doesn’t see the practice as a legacy but a liability. As Eric, becomes acclimated to the sedate life of a doctor in this small town, he must adjust his thinking and his attitude in working with patients. Assisting him in the office is Holly, a young woman he knew in high school. She keeps the office running smoothly and soon Eric can’t keep his eyes off her. Even as he is falling more and more in love with Holly every day, Eric realizes that their paths are diverging. He needs to return to his life of research in the big city while she wants to stay in Clover Creek and help with her family bakery. I really enjoyed this gentle, low-key story. I did think that Eric is rather selfish in his approach to handling his family’s dilemmas. I am glad that he was able to see the bigger picture before he derailed his life. He had awesome support from Holly and his family.
I voluntarily read a copy of this book from Netgalley and this review is of my honest opinion.
This is a super fun read. I really enjoyed this one!

Many thanks to the author, the publisher, and Netgalley for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
Claiming the Doctor's Heart is a warm and inviting romance novel about a small town girl and the doctor who has come back from the big city. The characters are likeable and adorable together, their romance seems genuine and believable, and it had some very nice moments. I was annoyed with how everyone treated her the entire time but it had a happy ending and all worked out. A quick read.
This was a sweet story that takes place in a small town.  Holly planned to never leave the place she grew up and Eric (Dr. Bradley) couldn't wait to leave and can't wait to get back to the big city after he takes care of business for his father (also Dr. Bradley).

Eric's dad has had a stroke and he is the town's doctor.  Eric has come home to help out at the medical center taking care of his dad's patients.  His plan is to get in, upgrade the office, sell it and get back to Atlanta and he only has 30 days to take care of it all.

Holly is the receptionist at the clinic and was a high school classmate of Eric's.  She knew him to be kind but now he is all business.  When he begins to loosen up a little and let himself become more invested in the patients and the workers, Holly can't help but be attracted to the handsome doctor.

Eric also begins to notice Holly and admire her beauty and strengths.  Is it possible for him to get what he wants and still get the girl?  When Eric discovers what matters most, he might be willing to stay and might not see that as being the HUGE sacrifice he once thought it would be.

There is a happy ending and the story was a sweet, clean romance.

I received an arc copy of this book and I willingly offer my honest review.
Holly has been struggling with life for a while, unable to move forward with plans of reopening her family business. While the bakery is placed on hold Holly has been forced into a position for work that she never wanted to be in. Emotions are all of the place and what quickly started as anger transforms into love.

Eric, a big city doctor who is ready to shrug off his dads family practice and get gone. Watching his dad regain his health has taught Eric what it means to be a small town doctor. Reaching out and making some waves throughout the office, brought him a lot of anger from many directions and eventually love.

Claiming the Doctor’s Heart was a very enjoyable read, a page turner with characters and a plot line that could easily be any small town story. The emotions ran on anger, happiness, and love, all carried to realistic expectations. I enjoyed watching Eric and Holly find trust and loyalty within each other, building a good foundation to start a relationship on. I would have liked to see a bit more of the building to the romance side, it seemed like they were upset but then quickly spoke very romantic lines to each other. This is a very clean romance novel, and a quick read that I would recommend to anyone to read.
This was the absolute perfect, small town romance that I didn't know I needed.  I felt like I knew Eric and Holley and were rooting for them at every step of the way. This is the first in the series of novels called Clover Creek which is super exciting.  As a person who loves both second chance and workplace romances, this has both for me.

I just do not want to spoil anything because there is a "mystery" at the heart of the book. I loved all the characters in the book. But I absolutely hated how Eric just didn't lead with his heart and over thought everything. But in the end, we got the HEA that we wanted.

NOTE: This review was done via NETGALLEY arc but all reviews are mine.
Claiming the Doctor’s Heart was set in the small town of Clover Creek which had that small-town charm where there was always some gossip, and everyone knew everybody.  Holly Ransom’s family had owned the bakery, The Sweet Spot for many years but due to needed repairs to their shop, they had to move their location to her parent’s house.  She grew up with the stigma of being the daughter of an alcoholic and the people of Clover Creek looked down on her family.  She loved to bake, and her dream was to make wedding cakes.  Dr. Bradley had overlooked the town gossip and hired her as the receptionist at the Bradley Medical office.  Dr. Eric Bradley had always felt pressured by his parents to become a family physician and take over the legacy of his family’s medical clinic, but Eric was more interested in research and had a career in Atlanta.  His dreams for research were about to come true when his father had a stroke.  Eric returns home to Clover Creek to help cover for his father expecting to be there for a week or two.  He didn’t realize how hard it would be to fill in for his father and was glad Holly was there to help.  He struggled with the responsibilities and the pressure from his parents, but he had a life away from his childhood hometown and was being offered the opportunity of a lifetime.  Falling in love with Holly and leaving her behind to pursue his career was difficult for him but he had to decide what was more important to him, love or his career.  This was a sweet romance that was fast-paced and easily read in one sitting.  The storyline was fully developed, and the main characters had many obstacles to overcome to have their happy ever after.  It was wonderful to see Eric come to enjoy the Clover Creek residents and life in a small town.
I enjoyed this engaging story that featured Eric and Holley. The characters are well-developed,. Eric’ character was questionable at the beginning of the story, but I loved his  his growth  as the story progressed.  The storyline flowed flawlessly.  Kudos to author Sean D Young for her insightful look at the effect of change and how people handle it. Great page-turner. I recommend this story for your reading pleasure!
This was an amazing book! I enjoyed the characters and the storyline.  The couple made my heart sing.
I featured Claiming the Doctor’s Heart by Sean D. Young as book of the day on all my social media platforms  and included it in a monthly roundup of new releases on my blog.
Reviewer: Shirley Fleming/Rating B+

In the small town of Clover Creek, Dr. Eric Bradley returns home to run his father’s medical clinic after his father suffers a stroke. Eric is not used to practicing in a small town; therefore, he feels like a fish out of water. He doesn’t understand that he needs to be more personable with the patients. Lucky for him, he has Holly Ransom to help him along the way. Working together in his father’s clinic draws them closer and before long love is in the air. The only problem is that Eric plans to leave Clover Creek in one month and he wants to take Holly with him. Holly refuses to leave her hometown and everything she knows. Therefore, Eric has to decide to either lose the love of his life or a career he worked hard to achieve.

Eric left his small town to pursue his dream in the big city of Atlanta. He finds himself at a crossroad when he returns to Clover Creek. He can’t decide where he wants to be. His indecisiveness weighs on him and almost cost him a bright future. Holly is a sweet young woman and she always has a sunny disposition no matter what goes on in her personal life. Near and dear to her heart is reopening her family’s bakery. She refuses to give up on continuing her grandmother’s legacy.

CLAIMING THE DOCTOR’S HEART is a story of a small-town romance. The story is well-written and the characters reflect the small-town mentality. I love the idea of a town where everyone knows each other. Families are what is most important and it shows in the citizens' interactions. When one of them hurt, they all hurt. Although, your patience can sometimes be worn down by gossip as it is in this story. The pacing is moderate and the story has a great plot. The communication between Eric and Holly is loving but I would like to have seen more tangible evidence of their love and attraction to each other. However, certain scenes do point in that direction. Nevertheless, the author has written a story depicting love, family, and the responsibilities that entail.

CLAIMING THE DOCTOR’S HEART is the first story in the Clover Creek Series. I enjoyed reading it. And I look forward to seeing what else is going on in this seemingly quiet town. Sometimes the best love stories can be found there. I can’t wait to see the mystery revealed between Holly’s mother and her two friends. Keep reading to see what this author has in store for other unsuspecting characters of Clover Creek.
Dr. Eric Bradley ends up putting his career ambitions on hold when his father has a stroke and returns to his hometown to "temporarily" run his father's medical Practice

Holly is a former classmate of Eric's and works as a receptionist.  Her dream is to re open her family's bakery by winning the local bake off contest.  She hopes that by wining, not only will she have enough money to get it compliant, Her family will finally not be the talk of the town due to her father's past indiscretions.

Eric and Holly's first meeting was memorable, just not in a good way.  They are finally able to bury the hatchet and move on, and begin to grow closer, although Eric is not planning to stay.  A secret is revealed and what happens next makes for an adorable clean read.  Truthfully, I did not like Eric at the beginning.  I work around doctors, and that character was written just like some of the ones I'm around.  I did enjoy the story and will be reading more books from this author.
This was a fun and at time frustrating read not because of the book but because some times Eric annoyed me with how he either overthought things or didn't just step back and think lol. Holly has the perfect amount of caring, sass and determination as she tried to bring her family legacy back from the brink while working for Eric's father, one of the few people in town not to judge her by her father and your heart goes out to her. We see both Holly and Eric struggling with family and responsibilities and therefore a lot to work through, there is laughter and sadness, families that you love and get frustrated by and their attraction can not be denied so you are hoping as they get closer they will see they are meant to be together!
Once again this author has written a storyline that makes you feel like no matter what don’t give up your hope and dreams of falling in love when you at least expect it. Especially with someone you thought it could never happen with.
Holly Robinson works as a receptionist for Bradley Medical in the small town of Clover Creek. She has been through a lot in life from being made fun of in high school to helping her family keep their bakery business going because at one time her father was the town drunk.
Dr. Bradley has a stroke and now his son Dr. Eric Bradley has come back home after being gone for ten years, to help out with his father’s medical practice until he can find someone to take over Bradley Medical. Eric has no intentions of moving back to Clover Creek because he doesn’t want to follow in his father’s legacy of being a small town doctor but instead continue to do medical research in Atlanta Georgia.
I love how well the characters were developed where Holly had such patience, love and care for her family and others. Even when people would do and say mean things to her because of her father’s drinking and their family bakery business failing. No matter what Holly still would smile and hold her peace. Eric he was ruff around the edges and was not as compassionate as his father was with the patients who came to Bradley Medical. All he wanted to do was treat the patient and go onto the next patient. He had no tolerance for talking about anything with the patient that had nothing to do with their health.
Holly is trying to save her family bakery business by entering the bake-off contest at the towns yearly festival where the prize money will be a big help and bring in more business. Eric is trying to hurry to find someone to take over or buy his father’s practice so he can get back to his job where he has a chance for a big promotion. In the meantime Holly and Eric start having feelings for each other and now it’s complicated because of the directions each wants to take in their lives. Holly staying in Clover Creek and Eric wanting to stay in Atlanta and not move back to Clover Creek.
I highly recommend this book to read, it was a page-turner and I didn’t want it to end.
Cassandra H.
I voluntarily read a copy of this book from Netgalley and this review is of my honest opinion and thoughts.
Clever, small town sweet, with wit and romance any romance junkie would adore. I look forward to reading more stories from this author.
Claiming the Doctor’s Heart reunites two high school classmates. Dr. Eric Bradley and Holly Ransom are forced to work together. Although they grew up in the same small town, they were not friends.  Forced to work together allows them to really get to know one another. Will a friendship or romance form? This book was a slow read. I would have liked to see a little more romance to the story. Overall, a good read on a lazy day.
Thank you netgalley and the publisher for giving me this book.
I absolutely loved it and I would love to read more from this author. It was an absolutely good read for me.
I loved the characters Holly and Eric together. They fit so well and I just couldn’t help but fall in love with them and their story.
Eric decided he didn’t want to pursue his career as a doctor in his hometown and he is now working in Atlanta.   Due to his father’s medical emergency he now finds himself back in his hometown managing his father’s practice and facing both the challenges of a small town practice as he realizes that knowledge is only a part of the skills that are required.

Holly is the receptionist at Eric’s father’s practice, and she is trying to overcome her family’s reputation to pursue her own dreams for the future.    There is no denying the feelings that are escalating between them but is it enough to overcome their very different versions of the future?

This is a heartwarming story about love and family as Eric and Holly realize what truly make them happy and that is each other.
This was my first book from Sean D. Young and I really enjoyed reading about Holly, Eric, and Clover Creek.

Holly and Eric work together in a small town medical practice. He is only planning to stay there for a short time due to his father's health before returning to Atlanta for other opportunities.

I thought the author did a nice job with showing character growth in both Holly and Eric as the story progressed and they grew closer
Claiming The Doctor's Heart is a small-town romance set in Clover Creek, Tennessee.  It has all the feels of small-town living; there is no hiding a secret, a group of people who think they hold the moral code, core businesses with long-standing legacies, and a family at the center of ridicule.

When the town's only doctor falls ill, it is his son,
Dr. Eric Bradley called to fill in while he recovers.  It is the infiltration of his comfort zone that sets off hosts of bad decisions.  The first blow was Holly Ransom, his father's very competent receptionist.  To keep the practice running in a custom his father had, he had to accept he didn't have all the answers.  Holly as his ally was the best decision, and that his life wouldn't be the same before he met her.

Holly Ransom has been ridicule her entire childhood, endured the shame of her family's business mishaps, and father labeled the town drunk.  The Sweet Spot is Clover Creek's bakery and is Holly's legacy.  Its future is hanging in the balance with an insurance claim ruled in their favor.

Holly and Eric are just as different as they are alike.  Time is running out for both of them but, Eric has to decide on which road he will take to find his true happiness; will it be the path of least resistance-going back to Atlanta and continue his dreams of researching the next cure, or will he let love and legacy take the wheel?  Will Holly finally be able to stand up to the town's perception of her and her family and rebuild the legacy of her grandmother's tea cakes?

If you enjoy a sweet small-town romance with engaging characters, I recommend Claiming the Doctor's Heart for your reading pleasure.