Cover Image: The Silent House

The Silent House

Set in the picturesque Irish countryside, we follow Sophy and her two daughters, Isobel and Julie as they set out a new life after Sophy starts her job as the live-in nurse for ‘the recluse’ Jack Hyland in the once-beautiful family estate, Hyland Hall. But there are secrets between Sophy’s patient, Jack, and his Nephew, Victor. While trying to build a life for her daughters, face her estranged husband Luke after lies and deceit surfaced, causing them to separate, and keeping her children safe- will Lady Luck be on her side?
 Content Warning – contains reference of gambling, death, and threat.
This book took me by surprise from the very first chapter… So much so, this turned into a single-sitting read!
I’ve not read any of Laura Elliot’s previous publications but, clearly, I’ve been missing out!
We follow a dual perspective of Sophy and her eldest daughter Isobel as they discover that not everything is as it seems. The cast of characters were well crafted with their own distinct voices throughout the novel. I loved the emotion that was portrayed by each one, from the small, brief rolls, to our leading-ladies and the third person dialogue was a great choice to reveal the inner turmoil of the characters. I very rapidly became invested in Sophy and Isobel as they continued to butt heads with each other.
The plot was something that has been done before but felt so original in its execution. I felt the shock and fear as each piece of the puzzle was slotted in to place but was kept on the edge of my seat as more questions were raised.
I struggled to find issue with the title, but the romance felt like more of an insta-love with only hints of the building flirtation, then suddenly its more. However, I think this was intentional giving you pause to the intentions and if it was purely personal gain or love.
I really would recommend this to anyone who enjoys great thriller/mysteries with an emotional twist.

-Review will be posted to my website on the week of the 23rd in anticipation of release.-
#TheTinderBox #NetGalley
Twisty and Creepy.
Sophy accepts a job as a live-in nurse for Jack Hyland.
Once a magnificent house, Hyland Hall has fallen into disrepair and its owner, Jack, disfigured in a terrible fire that broke out on the property years ago, is now a recluse.As Sophy’s daughters struggle to adjust to their new surroundings, exploring every forbidden corner of the house, Sophy does her best to care for Jack and her broken family.But Jack has secrets of his own and Sophy’s arrival is about to set in motion a chain of events that will uncover the devastating truth of Hyland Hall’s past
I loved the characters of Sophy and Jack. I don't want to reveal much here. I just want to tell that this is a must read psychological thriller.
I'm doing more promotion once this book will be released among my fellow Authors Bloggers Family Friends and followers.
Thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for giving me an advanced copy of this psychological thriller.