Cover Image: The Zen Mama Guide to Finding Your Rhythm in Pregnancy, Birth, and Beyond

The Zen Mama Guide to Finding Your Rhythm in Pregnancy, Birth, and Beyond

4.5 stars!
I really enjoyed the Zen Mamas Guide to Finding Your Rhythm in Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond! As a first time mom / pregnant person, I feel like a sponge just wanting to absorb as much reputable advice and information as I can, and Teresa and Sarah really broke down their personal experiences and mixed in some good education and advice from professionals that made the book a really easy and enjoyable read. I actually spent a couple of months reading and absorbing the book, and even went back and re-read some parts too!

Thanks to the authors and NetGalley for the copy, I thoroughly enjoyed it snd have recommended it to a couple of other expecting mamas!
I really enjoyed this book even though I have to admit I was a little skeptical at first. I was worried it might be all gloss and none of the challenges but I was pleasantly surprised.
The book covers things like pre-conception care, conception, early pregnancy, labour, birth + the fourth trimester.
Im really glad they covered the myriad of possible loss' and resources for support because even though its common it can still feel quite taboo.

I love that this book covers so much ground, from non-medical birth support to medical and exploring different options in a really open and encouraging way. They also delve into mood disorders and where to seek help. As well as swaddling, feeding and more.

As a Birth Photographer I was so glad they mentioned this as something to consider! It doesn't have to be for sharing but its pretty special to be able to reflect on your birth both soon after and well into the future.

This is a great purchase for anyone looking to start a family or support a friend who is having a baby.

I wasn't too sure what to expect with this book, but I ended up really loving it a lot. I am not pregnant nor do I have any children, but I hope that it is something I have the ability to experience in my life and this was a great book to read.

I love how clear the information was presented, with personal anecdotes and professional opinions scattered throughout. I also appreciated that there was an entire chapter dedicated to pregnancy loss included since that is something that so many women experience.

Overall this was a very well thought out book that I am very glad to have read before embarking on this new part of my life.
A very comprehensive overview of pregnancy from pre-conception to the fourth trimester. The authors offer a lot of holistic options for pain relief and even throw in recommendations for chemical-free cleaning supplies. Eco friendly products are emphasized.

I really appreciated the fact that in a book about pregnancy, they covered miscarriage or pregnancy loss as they refer to it. Not too many books cover it or they do it really quickly.

Received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
This book is a wonderful resource for pregnancy, birth, and beyond. There are countless tips and ideas that are easy to implement to create a more peaceful pregnancy, recovery, and life as a mother. I highly recommend this fantastic guide. Many thanks to the authors, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy.