Cover Image: Accidentally Engaged - A Preview (Ch 1-4)

Accidentally Engaged - A Preview (Ch 1-4)

I very much enjoyed the full book after reading the first 4 chapters.  Desi wedding? Check! Traditional settings? Check! Sexy british accent? Check. This book has it all. Secrets, gossip dramas!
This was a cute and fun read about an arranged marriage turned into a real relationship through cooking,
It pulls you in quickly and you care about the characters instantly. It was fun, flirty, and would make for a great beach or poolside summer read!
Accidently Engaged was a really fun and sweet read. I listened to the audio book version and loved that I got to hear the narrator do a British accent for the hero! This has a fake-engagement, close proximity, lots of food talk, Indian representation and vivid pictures of the culture with traditional food.

The story follows Reena Manji and her lackluster of a life. She doesn't love her job, her family or her love life. She has tried to establish herself away from her family's clutches and pressures, and finds herself being recommended to yet another man her parents want to set her up with for marriage. To Reena's surprise though, her new neighbor Nadim and parent set-up turns out to be a very likable and she quickly forms a friendship with him.

Nadim decides to help her and pretends to be her fake fiancé so she can enter a reality cooking contest. From the beginning you can feel how enamored Nadim is with Reena. Throughout the story, Renna starts to realize how much she hides from her friends, her family and even her own self about her true feelings. You can see the evolution of her character and how that allows for her to let love in. There are some real funny moments, and Reena's family and friends make for a cast of characters that is truly unique. The Indian culture is brought to the forefront with the cooking of food and the traditional recipes shared in the book.

This was a really cute read and very enjoyable!
This preview was a quick read that definitely made me interested in the storyline. However, I wasn't dying to pick up the rest of the book, it was just okay. This version was a little hard to read because there were no spaces between the words, sothetextlookedlikethis at times. I'm assuming this doesn't happen with the actual copy of the book, but it is just worth noting. Overall, I don't regret reading this preview and I might pick up the book someday, but im not rushing to get it.
After reading the first four chapters of this book, I am eager to pick up a copy and dive into this book!

Reena is an incredibly likable character and I am looking forward to seeing her story unfold. The narration was light and fun and was a very quick and easy read. I can already tell from the first four chapters that it is going to be a rom-com that can't be missed.
Ohhhh it's just a preview... darn that was a sassy teaser!
Shame on you NetGalley! But I enjoyed it :)
This is a preview of a the full book. The chapters were intriguing, making me want to read the rest.
As a reader you are immediately injected into Reena's world. You quickly meet the love interest along with her sourdough starter.  The characters persona is developed quickly.  There seems to be quite a few mentions of winking in the first few chapters.
Cute  start that definitely makes me want to read more and see where it goes.  Light and easy read,   The perfect reality escape for a few hours.
I was approved for the preview (chapters 1-4) of this book and it was engaging enough for me to want to pick up the real thing once it is published. I have enjoyed stories in the past of tight-knit Indian families meddling with the relationships of their children so I'm excited to see where this book goes.
Super cute opening! Definitely makes me interested in reading more of the book and seeing how they go from neighbors to pretending to be engaged. Hilarious and fun, easy writing, great introduction to the characters.
I am very interested to continue this book. It was really interesting how the hero and heroine met and how it was the parents who got them in the same place. I am genuinely interested to see how we get from where we are to where the synopsis tells you it is going to go.
This book gets off to a really quick start - I'm so excited to read more about Reena, her sourdough and her grumpy neighbour with a cute British accent.

Reena's parents want her to get married, to her chagrin. She doesn't expect to like anyone they set her up with, but when Nadim moves in across the hall, she's immediately attracted to him. In the first couple chapters, I'm already enjoying the glimpse into Reena's Indian family dynamics and the hijinks type of romance this seems to be. Can't wait to read the rest!
Reena and Nadim are incredible! The characters are so full of life and their chemistry jumps off the pages. I wish this wasn't just a preview so I couldn't seen where the story was going.
I love a good book with POC. I was able to get the preview copy that came with 4 chapters. So my review will only contain these four chapters in mind.
I like this book a lot. I was hooked when she started talking about the hot new guy trying to bring his Bicycle in the apartment 😂😂. I love the interaction with the side characters and can’t wait to read more.
I am excited to see this relationship btw Reena  and Nadim blossom cuz they sure do have chemistry. Both are cheeky and sexy people. I look forward to reading the rest
A cute book, lighthearted and engaging as the title promises! I loved how Renna refers to her sourdough starters as she pounds them into delicious breads - as she thinks of all the men her parents have suggested she marry. Then her father makes an actual move. He devises a plan with serious thinking - he has the perfect match in Ramid who is one of his employees.... the story takes off with secrets being held and what happens next - you have to read to find out!
I was so excited to preview the first 4 chapters in exchange for a review! This in no means changes my overall rating, I truly enjoyed those chapters and will definitely add it to my shelf to read the rest!

First, the description of the foods and the breads are so vivid my mouth was drooling the whole time! This is such a cute rom-com I was literally laughing out loud. Btw I already love Shayne and in my head he’s my bestie. I can totally relate to the dating and work life pressures from parents so I connected to the book.

If you’re a rom-com fan, you’re going to enjoy this one!
I was given an advanced copy of chapters 1-4 and while it is hard to know really where the story is going to go, you can tell that the banter between the love interests is going to be interesting and amazing. I look forward to reading the full novel in the future. I can not wait to see what journey this couple will go on!
This seems so sweet! I really like the character development, and as a baker myself that element seems fun as well. Excited to read the whole book!
I was lucky enough to get a sneak peak at Accidentally Engaged and let me tell you, it is ordered and on its way! After many failed attempts at dating did Reena finally find the one? A mystery man that could possibly sweep her off her feet.