Cover Image: You've Got Plaid

You've Got Plaid

I'm not sure, but this book reads like its last book in the series. I really liked the way that it was wrapped up in the end. The rest of the book was really good also. There was a lot a fighting so if that's not something yet you like keep this in mind. Most of the book was out running the war trying to get to the prince or fighting the war for the prince.
Being a Mackintosh I am always excited about a book involving the Jacobite rebellion. Having been lucky enough to visit Culloden the ultimate sacrifice these clans made for King and Country is clearly seen from the vast expanse of grave stones on the moorland where the battle was fought. I am also a fan of Eliza Knight and her 'Stolen Bride series' so when I saw this book on my recommendations list I could wait to get my hands on a copy.

Having since read the book, I realise that this is the third book in the 'Charlie's Angels series' I haven't read the previous books but have added them to my, to be read list. I don't think not reading them before this book 'You've Got Plaid' affected my enjoyed of the book or stopped me from knowing what was happening, but I am sure it would help tie up some of the characters who appeared previously.

This one follows Lady Fiona MacBean, disguised as a healer amongst other things she hides in plain sight and delivers message throughout the Highlands on behalf of Bonnie Prince Charlie. Known to most as "The Phantom" she keeps her true identify a secret. When delivering one said message she comes into contact with Brogan Grant, a Jacobite soldier who is determined to find out who she is and can't help but feel the needs to keep her safe and protected. Having lived a dangerous life for many year in pursuit of tying to put who she thinks the rightful king back on the thrown she is having none of the brawl highlander who is trying to keep her from harms way and a love, hate relationship begins.

I really enjoyed this book and the characters, both Brogan and Fiona are head strong and true to their cause and have definitely met their match in each other. It had just the right amount of mystery, bravery, romance and political intrigue to keep me turning the pages. I look forwards to reading the rest of the series.

Thank you to Netgalley and Sourcebooks Casablanca for an early copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Expected publication date is 25th May 2021.
I really enjoyed this book. The road trip, force proximity and fake marriage tropes that are at the heart of this novel are an absolute delight. The backdrop of the 1946 Jacobean rebellion is fascinating and I think Eliza Knight does a lovely job interweaving moments of history into this story of two people fighting for Scotland and the Scottish King they are upholding.

The writing for this novel is engaging, it started off a little slow for me as we were getting a lot of historical background on our hero and heroine and how they are involved in the Jacobean rebellion, but as soon as they meet the novel swiftly picks up the pace. There is a nice tension that drives the novel forward due to the constant danger of British Soldiers. The interaction and banter between Fiona and Brogan, is on fire, it also serves as a great moving force that drives the events of the novel ahead and has a lovely humorous undertone that keeps the reader engaged in their slow burn romance.

Fiona, the heroine, is such a wonderful and strong character. I love how she is independent and so brave as she helps the rebellion progress. Brogan, the hero, is also a very strong and independent character who is fighting for the Jacobites. So, he starts his relationship out with Fiona on the very cautious side as he slowly discovers who she really is. I loved watching these two independent people learn to respect and trust the other because their priorities aline is so many ways. I love that Fiona is able to fight for herself when she gets caught in unwanted situations and does not have to fully rely on Brogan to get her out of every scrape. I also love that Brogan wants to help Fiona out of those scrapes while also recognizing that Fiona has an underline strength that will help her fight tooth and nail.

I highly recommend this novel if you love a highlander romance, if you are interested in reading a romance set around the Jacobean rebellion and if you like your hero and heroine to be on equal footing with each other. This was a delightful, engaging and well paced read that continues this series nicely and leaves the reader excited for the next installment.
Fun, light hearted read. Exactly the kind you if book you want when it's been a long week and you're tired but you also want to cry a tiny bit in a heartwarming way.
Gripping and Suspenseful and so much more! You've Got Plaid brings you through the dark and turbelent time between Scotland and England as it comes to life with all the danger, vengeance and strife as Bonnie Prince Charlie fights for his throne in this action-packed adventure that will keep you sitting on the edge of your seat until the very end! Eliza Knight has written an unforgettable historical romance with a with tension-building twists and turns, filled with characters with such depth and individuality that they come off the pages and will pull you into their tale, great dialogue and one fantastic plot. As Fiona and Brogan embark on a rollercoaster ride trying to fulfill their mission sparks fly between this brawny warrior and one stubborn, brave lass, who happens to be the Kings messager, as their journey is filled with intrigue, spies, sizzling passion, uncertainties with emotional conflicts. With setting descriptions and action sequences that are wonderfully vivid that brings the story to life and as the tensions escalates the suspense builds and dangers abound that keeps you reading until the very end.
You've Got Plaid
Prince Charlie's Angels #3
Eliza Knight
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Brogan Grant is not only a Jacobite soldier he is also the illegitimate son of a Chief. He has fought like a crazed Warrior on the battlefield, and barely escaped with his life. Now on the run, Brogan comes across what he thinks is a spy - a beautiful lass disguised as a lad, who also happens to be the daughter of his clan's enemy. He is in awe of her and admires her bravery, but he knows how dangerous it is, and can be for a woman alone travelling a war ravaged land.

Lady Fiona MacBean is more then determined to do her part and ensure that there is a Scottish King. She goes disguised as a healer, delivering messages to rebels throughout the Highlands and is called the Phantom. This one mission makes things a little different though as she meets a man. A striking Highlander who is as determined as she is, but he wants to send her home to safety.

Fiona will not be deterred though so left with little choice Brogan joins forces with her if she agrees to return home after. Now these two must practically become one and work together to save the life of Bonnie Prince Charlie himself, but as time goes on their hearts become more entangled. As things become more dangerous for all of those involved will their hearts truly be at risk? Or will they be torn apart by the war as so many others are?

Eliza Knight is absolutely fantastic. This book is the best. Ms. Knight will take you romping through the Highlands with the Jacobites making you feel as if the Dragoons are hot on your tail. This book is so vivid and the historical significance is astounding. Fiona was such a brave lady. It was like she wasn't scared of anything and faced it all head on. Brogan is your dream Highlander. He's not afraid of a thing, but life has scared him some so when he loves he does it fiercely while trying not to get hurt at the same time. These two were perfect together. They moved as one unit. I was hooked from the get go and one page just flowed so nicely into the next. I was sad to see the book end and can't wait to see what Ms. Knight writes next.
Lady Fiona is a rebel that works as one of King Charlie’s angels delivering secret messages to allies. Her role in the war is dangerous and deadly, but she is determined to see her country with a Scottish ruler. Brogan is a Jacobite and a fierce warrior who has seen his fair share of death on the battlefield. On the run after a particularly brutal battle, Brogan encounters Fiona, who is the daughter of his clan’s enemy. Inexplicably drawn to Fiona, Brogan makes a deal with her to deliver her message and find and help their prince. As they journey across Scotland and their feelings ignite, Fiona and Brogan must decide if their feelings are worth fighting for.

This is a great addition to the Prince Charlie’s Angels series, and Fiona is as fierce and courageous as her friends in the first two books. Often known as The Phantom for her stealth and secrecy, Fiona is a free spirit with a fiery personality. Not only is Fiona is smart, savvy, and loyal, but she also has a strong sense of duty and is determined to make a difference. I love her fighting spirit, steadfastness, and refusal to give up. Fiona doesn’t let anything distract her from her missions until she meets Brogan. He makes her feel things no one ever has before, and she doesn’t know how to deal with these new, complex, and confusing feelings.

Brogan is a regimented and rule-following warrior who thinks women need protection and that they have no place in the war. This proves troublesome to Fiona, who has served as a messenger throughout the war and has risked her life repeatedly to deliver messages to the prince. Brogan grows a lot throughout the story and comes to the realization that women are more than capable and have had a much larger role in the war than he ever knew.

I think his initial opinions stem from his experiences (or lack of) with women as a child and young adult. Continually abandoned and rejected by the women in his life, including his own mother, Brogan is slow to trust and slower to love. He does not want to be left again. However, fighting his feelings for Fiona proves impossible, and his experiences with her change his opinions about women for the better.

Fiona and Brogan have an epic and swoon-worthy romance. She’s a rebel she’s fierce, and she can handle herself in precarious situations. He struggles with his preconceived notions and expectations for women, which severely contrasts with the fierce and independent Fiona. However, though they don’t see eye-to-eye, they are irresistibly drawn to each other, and their chemistry is fantastic!

Whether they are arguing, working together, or purposely ignoring each other, their connection is palpable and strong. I love how they both try to fight their feelings but can’t. Brogan. in particular, struggles to reconcile his affection for Fiona, which confuses him since he’s never felt this way before. They face continual threats, and war and danger lurk everywhere, but amid this terrible and potentially tragic time, Fiona and Brogan find hope and love.

This is a suspenseful and immersive historical romance filled with danger, fighting, and devious plots. Fiona and Brogan and their fellow travelers are continually hunted and followed by the Dragoons, and there is never a dull moment! Fiona and Brogan face so many obstacles, both internal and external, and they both show a fierce determination to succeed.

Like the other books in the series, I am amazed at the amount of research that went into this book! The battles they reference, the locations they visit, and many of the people they discuss and meet are steeped in history and offer a realistic view of Scotland at this time. The author easily immerses the reader into the battle-worn country and its people.

Though this is the third book in the series, it can totally be read as a standalone, as can each book in the series. That being said, the first two books do offer context to some of the minor characters in this story. For those who read the first two books, you’ll be pleased to know that some of the characters make an appearance in this one. I liked this aspect of the book, as you get to see these characters, especially Charlie’s other angels, from a different perspective.

Thank you so much to NetGalley, Sourcebooks Casablance, and Eliza Knight for a copy of the book in exchange for my honest review. I think this story will appeal to readers who like epic and swoon-worthy historical romance set in the Scottish Highlands.

(Will add links closer to publication date.)
Lady Fiona MacBean is a secret messenger for Bonnie Prince Charles.  She's very good at blending in with her surroundings,  but it is a very dangerous undertaking.

Brogan Grant is a rebel soldier. He and the men he's traveling with have just escaped the carnage of the battlefield, and are on the run for their lives.

With the dragoons hunting them all the last thing he needs is a woman to protect.

This is an all action, historical romance filled with intrigue and danger. Both our lead characters are truly heroic and  believe whole heartedly in what they are doing.

You might have read the previous books in the series and met our heroine's friends,  but you can easily read this on it's own.  Female heroines make for exciting and unusual stories.

I loved it.
You've Got Plaid follows Brogan and Fiona through a fascinating historical period in Scotland as they fight for their country. Along the way, sparks fly between the spy and the soldier.

This was a great read! I felt there was lots of historical facts interwoven in the narrative that were interesting to know about. I wasn't really familiar with Jacobite soldiers before this and definitely felt inspired to learn more after. The romance between Brogan and Fiona was also fun to read about.

Thank you to the publisher and to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I've always been fascinated in the history behind the Jacobite uprising, as well as the Battle of Culloden, and even though between 1,500 and 2,000 Jacobites were killed or wounded, the aftermath was just as brutal. Our hero and heroine in this story, Brogan and Fiona, find themselves on the run trying to avoid the redcoats and also trying to reach Prince Charlie. Brogan is a Jacobite warrior and Fiona is one of Prince Charlie's Angels, a spy and messenger for him. When the two meet, sparks fly and I just loved their banter! Neither one of them expects to fall in love with all the danger surrounding them!!

Eliza Knight has certainly done her research and between that and her imagination, this series just keeps getting better and better. Whenever real places are mentioned, I love to go on Google Earth and find all these places...makes me feel like I can follow their route and see just how far they had to go!

I received an ARC of this book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
💋💋

Enemies by Clan politics
Brothers in arms
Joined by a need and a will to protect the Prince, after the Battle Of Culloden ,
Can these two hero’s in their own right ever manage to find enough time and space for a love to grow.

Brogan is Jacobite Soldiers, from the clan Grant, at odds with his family, a bastard by birth, but with a need to protect his prince no matter what.
Fiona is a lady by birth with the Mc bean clan, a spy for the rebellion, they call her the Phantom, and she’s damn good at her job.

This is a wild and tense adventure that will leave you wanting more, it’s full of action and passion in more ways than one. If you love Highlanders, Scottish History, Passionate love stories or wonderful adventures this is the book for you.
Don’t miss this fabulous book from Eliza Knight.

I received an Arc copy of this book and chose to post this review