Cover Image: He Said Always

He Said Always

Instant lust starts the relationship. Romance follows.  Both have family drama going on.  The family story is front and center.  His family seems overwhelming since she is an only child.  But the family story is interesting.  Sprinkle in some hot sexy scenes to make this a fun story.  I liked it.
This is my first read by Ruth Cardello, and I really enjoyed the storyline! However, it took me a while to work out the characters' relationship dynamics with each other. Hence, it was a bit tiring and confusing at first, I had to reread a few paragraphs to grasp the situation fully.  The Corisi and Romano families are interconnected with each other in an intriguing way, to say the very least.

He Said Always is a contemporary, billionaire and friends to lovers romance. It's also book #1 in The Lost Corisi series, however it's a standalone. The Corisi family/characters are woven in and throughout many of Ruth Cardello's books, set in the billionaire world. I don't usually read many friends to lovers romance, I'm more of an enemies to lovers kind of reader. But, I really liked reading Teagan (heroine) and Gian's (hero) interactions and their relationship.

As soon as they meet, an instant attraction happens between Gian and Teagan. It was well going until a slight misunderstanding occurs. I loved their dialogues and Teagan is such a great character! And I really like how Ruth Cardello portrayed Teagan's character. she's smart and intelligent however, she can be seen as a loner. She not really interested in a serious relationship; Teagan is a bit skeptical when it comes to the matters of the heart. Gian is the prefect gentleman, he loves Teagan's company and he wishes that she could see how amazing she is. They are so adorable together. Gian is so understanding and he is aware that Teagan has certain trust issues, he doesn't push her. Oh boy, there were a few scenes that was through the roof! It was so steamy!! Gian certainly surprised me!! Overall, it's an interesting, fun and light hearted read.

Even since Teagan was a young teenager, she has a fondness towards technology. She's a computer and programmer wiz, creating facial recognition apps hidden away from the public eye. Gian is looking for someone; he's seeking information about the time when he met Teagan. He wasn't looking for any distractions, but the moment his eyes layed on Teagan, well that's going to be a bit difficult.
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

Wow, I can't say enough that I loved Teagan!  While she is attracted to Gian, she won't be deterred from letting him know exactly what she thinks of his bet with his niece, Judy and how neither one of them thought of how their little escapade could affect the lives of others.

I really had to clap for Teagan as she went after Judy when she saw how sneaky Judy had been to hunt down and pretend to meet Riley.  While it seems that Teagan was kind of cruel to Judy, it really was a wake up call to Judy that she was acting entitled and needed to do something with her life.

I loved that we see Abby and Dominic in this story along with all of Gian's brothers and their really messed up family dynamic.  It helps to know the backstory and it is repeated so you can understand if you are reading this as a stand alone.  But, half brothers through the mother, half brothers through the father, and then the brothers that he grew up with that are really his cousins!

So, much drama, personal growth, and a great romance!  Hope that down the road we see a book with Judy as the heroine!
Gian makes a bet with his niece Judy Corisi (not the best idea) and heads to Boston to find the long lost twins. Teagan is best friends with one of those twins, but has a huge secret project to hide from the wealthy Romano/Corisi clan. This was a great story and the characters were well written. Can't wait to see what comes next!
When I think of romance, I think of books just like this one, that gives all the feels and satisfies every romance junkies' heart. This is a perfect books to snuggle up with on any day.
I'm truly thankful that Netgalley has put Ruth Cardello on my radar. I loved her previous series about the Romano brothers and super excited for Gian's book. In the previous series you got bits and pieces of him so it was great to see his character grow.

What I loved about this book:

1. If you only read closed door romances, this is not the book for you. This book is so steamy and the sex scenes are 🔥. Gian loves the science behind sex and orgasms and I really liked that the author included that tidbit in the story.

2. I love how all the Corisi/Romano stories are coming together and now make sense compared to the first book. Honestly I was a bit confused in the last series, but Cardello has done a great job of tying it all together. More secrets came out in this one that have me absolutely intrigued.

3. Gian and Teagan made a great couple and I absolutely was invested in their love story. Their banter was everything I hoped for!

I can't wait to read the next book in this series!
Gian and Teagan felt a Instant connection which gets very complicated really fast. Not because of each other that because of the people in their lives. For those that have not read the other books it might seem a bit confusing, but the series is worth reading all together! I love all the twists and turns that have brought this family to be the family they are! Gian and his neice Judy set out to find more family not think they would really find any , hence the complications lol! I can’t wait to see what happens next!
He Said Always by Ruth Cardello is the first book in The Lost Corisis Series. I always enjoy reading Ruth Cardello books. This was no different.
You can see the attraction Gian and Teagan have for each other. I love watch these character together. Each has their own secrets. I love how Ruth writes the story!
I have loved the Corisi family since when read the first book. I am so happy we continue see more of these characters. I also love how the Ruth as intertwined the characters in the series she writes.
I so enjoy the stories Ruth Cardello writes and how each character is individual but you can also see the connect they have to other characters.
I am loved this book and look forward to the next book in the series.
Some secrets are meant to be uncovered. When Gian Romero bets his niece Judy he to see who can find more family first he never imagined it would uncover so many secrets. Judy, Dominic Corisi oldest child is determined to find more family for her father. And her pursuits take her down a road that makes her see herself in a different light.
Gian finds himself faced with instant attraction to Teagan. While trying to determine how place in the family starting a new relationship wasn't on his radar. And she is prickly and protective and definitely hiding secrets. Unable to fight the attraction they give in to the sparks and decide trust can be built one step at a time.
This is such a fantastic book.  Loved seeing Judy as a twenty year old.  Is it possible there’s more members of the Corisi family?  Loved the instant chemistry between Gian and Teagan.  Laughed at how he screwed up their first meeting.  Loved how quickly he fell for her.  But when will she finally trust him?  Will she share what she really does?  Will she trust that Dominic Corisi really wants the best for Riley and Kal?  Loved being so connected with the characters and loved their happy ever after.  I highly recommend this book.
It has been a long time since I have been in the book world of Dominic Corisi and it was nice to be back. This book is about Dominic’s half brother Gian.

Gian is the brother of Dominic through their mother. Gian and his niece who are competitive and enjoy challenging each other decide to try and find other siblings/half siblings of Dominics as they are sure more exist.

Gian is the first one to find Riley who he believes along with her twin brother are half siblings of Dominic’s. Riley works for Teagan in a T-shirt print shop and the moment Gian sets his sights on her it is insta love. There relationship is a bit rocky at first with Teagan firstly believing Gian is a bit of a player and has his sights set on both her and Riley, she is suspicious of the Romano/Corisi motivations as she is hiding an AI project that many would like to get their hands on and also she is unsure because Riley and Kal’s mother don’t want them to know about their father and makes Teagan promise to stay away from the dangerous family.

That being said when Gian turns up at Teagan’s house they are both very quick to shed their clothes which becomes a recurring theme and talk quickly progresses to kids and the future. The only things standing in the way are the secrets about Riley’s family and her project.

I enjoyed the story however I felt the concerns were a bit too quickly overcome and I would have liked to see a bit more relationship building before everything was rosey in the garden.

#NetGalley #HeSaidAlways
I found this one quite hard to rate. This is the first time I've dipped my toe into Ruth Cardellos work and I don't think this one should have been my starting point.
This is the first book in  a new series but i believe its a spin off from previous stories so although it can be read as a stand alone now that I've read it I wish I'd read the previous book. There are alot and I mean alot of names to get your head around so for a new reader I found this quite confusing with who was who at times.
I liked the story line with Gian trying to find more of his relatives and how he came to find Teagan, although confusing at times it was a good story. The pairs educational and work backgrounds were interesting and something I hadn't encountered in a book before. I didn't find the romance side very believable. It felt far to much like insta love and there encounters felt very rushed.
Overall it was an OK read. I would like to maybe start at the beginning of the Corsi saga to get my head round it from the very start.
This was a nice read. I really enjoyed it. It is about 3 stars for me. Thanks to Netgalley for this Arc.
When Gian agreed to search for additional family members he knew that the search would bring surprises but he never imagined that it would bring Teagan into his life.    From their first meeting to her he is drawn to her in a way he has never felt before but he is about to realize that there is a lot about her that he doesn’t know.

Teagan doesn’t trust many people so when Gian enters her life her first instinct is to keep her distance.     She has secrets that she holds very close but Gian has a way of breaching the walls she has built around herself but Gian is determined to show her she can trust him with her heart and her secrets.

There was no denying the chemistry between them but between family drama and her project they had some challenges to overcome if they are going to have a future together.
This is Gian's story, taking place a few years after what happened with the Corisi family. He meets Teagan. The story overall can be read as standalone, but definitely will get more things if you read the previous ones. It was a good story, not my favorite by the author, but we wanted Gian's story for a while. I really liked Teagan, she is a good character, she is into IT which I love as well, she does have some trust issues that play in the story. There were some good steamy scenes, and Gian is interesting enough that I wanted his story. Will love to see where this new series goes.
He Said Always is Gian Romano’s story. I loved the relationship between Gian and Teagan. Teagan is smart, protective and knows that at any moment, things could go wrong. These two go through ups and downs. I was consumed with He Said Always. A definite must read.
Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Mary – ☆☆☆☆
I liked the story of Gian trying to find lost family members and finding someone to love in the process. It was entertaining at times but for me, some of the time it seemed to drag along.

I liked Gian and Teagan as a couple, but his family didn't seem to want him anywhere near her. I wondered if it was because she owned a print shop. Did they think she was beneath him?

Anyway, I have read this author before and really like her work and will be reading more from her in the future.

Ruthie – ☆☆☆☆
This may be identified as the first book in a new series, but it is intrinsically linked to earlier Corisis' stories. I have to tell you that the complications in their family tree are enough to blow your mind! I am completely up to date and was very grateful that Cardello reminded us of the highlights. It really is complicated beyond reasonable... but makes for some fabulous opportunities for fascinating plots and reveals.

Gian Romano and his niece, Judy (Dominic's daughter), are on a mission to find other hidden relatives. To be fair to Gian, he is trying to keep Judy a little under control to help out Dominic, although he is keen to know the extent of his family. When he meets Teagan, for a moment he is worried they may be related, as he is completely besotted with her. Thankfully it is her best friend and employee who is the likely Corisi.

As Teagan and Gian get to know each other better, and fall for each other, the lost Corisi sibling’s story rather plays out as a sideline. It is interesting for sure, but the romance and efforts that Gian has to make with Teagan are really the most exciting bit!

Teagan is creating the ultimate in good white knight software, on a secret mission to save the privacy of society. She is very nervous of anyone finding out what she is doing, so Gian scoping out her shop, and Judy also appearing soon afterwards, fires all her protective streaks. Once she gets involved with Gian, she then has to decide whether she can trust him with this, and if not, what does that say about any future they may have.

You will love how she finally reveals all, and what a plan she has in store to support Gian's unusual plans for his career. Lovely idea and I wonder whether it will ever get developed for real!!

Avid Reader – ☆☆☆
M/F Romance

Gian is searching for more family. However, what started as a quiet endeavor quickly becomes a race when his niece challenges him to a contest to see who might find more family first. As Gian tries to figure out the best way to search without detection, he comes across Teagan.

Teagan is smart, protective, and knows that at any moment, things could go wrong. When she encounters Gian for the first time, let's just say that things don't go quite as planned... As she continues to encounter Gian and his family, Teagan isn't sure what to make of them. She is very protective of her family and wants to make sure it's their choice, but the choice is somewhat taken away when Judy and Gian find them first.

This was a great first encounter and I wanted to like this couple more, but even with Teagan's brains and invention, there just wasn't much to the story. I think I was expecting more to come of her invention, for Gian's family to be less standoffish, and for Gian and Teagan to have less conflict about everyone else.

I liked the series where this book stems from, so I'm intrigued to find out more about this branch. I did like how Judy had to grow up some and hope we continue with that line too.
3 - "You just won my heart..." Stars.

We return to the Romano/Corisi universe with He Said Always giving us Gian Romano’s story. Bearing in mind we are now fictionally twenty years on from Dominic and Abby Corisi’s book; Maid for the Billionaire, where it all began. A lot has happened in the intervening time for everyone but especially in his and now his extended families lives, mainly because lately with each new book that has been added the author feels the need to insert more and more previously unknown illegitimate half-siblings to the mix.

"I didn’t expect to meet someone like you…"

I completely understand the reasonings as to why, but the last couple of books have started to feel lacklustre and diluted in regards to all the important factors, compared to most of the books in the original Legacy Series. I love nothing more than a long series with lots of familiar characters and locales but the stories around them still need to offer up fresh and interesting couples, and this book went from 0 to 100 on the ‘insta’ scale, and because of it I really struggled to feel any real spark between Gian and Teagan, and both of their backgrounds lacked any real development.

It didn’t really help that I barely warmed to Teagan at all, and in all honesty, it was catching up with the secondary characters that I found more joy reading about than the flat-lined chemistry between our leads. Don’t get me wrong it wasn’t a struggle to read, but equally I didn’t struggle to put it down, and the urge to keep going was not there at all, and that is something I usually have with Ruth’s books.

Not a win, not a loss either, but I will certainly think longer as to whether I read further books in the series or spin-offs going forwards. Saying that though there’s a certain male stripper in this book that has piqued my interest, so never say never!
I'm so excited for this new series. I've always loved Ruth's series. I'm already so excited to see where she is going to take this series. I love Gian and Teagan's story. I loved how their relationship developed. You can really see the attraction between these two. I loved how their story went, it's a good plot. I enjoyed this book. It's fun and enjoyable.
5 Fabulous Stars🌟

I’ve only ever read one other book by Ruth which she co-authored with another favourite author of mine…but can I just say that this book was absolutely amazing and so well plotted and the characters though mildly confusing with regards familial connections was still so likeable and realistic🤩 I will definitely be taking the time to read more by her as I really genuinely enjoyed this story - it was fresh in a unique way❣️

Teagan meets Gian when he comes into her printshop but her opinion of him changes when her best friend Riley comes in and he can’t seem to keep his eyes off her…suffice to say they both handle things wrong but also Teagan misunderstands his intentions with regards Riley - which she later discovers🤔

A wonderful, fabulous read that I received an advanced copy for via Netgalley and voluntarily leave my honest review❤️