Cover Image: The Robin's Greeting

The Robin's Greeting

This “Amish Greenhouse Mystery” series has been one of my favorites by author Wanda Brunstetter.  She did an excellent job of allowing us to see these characters grow and change throughout the series.  I was glad that this book focused on Belinda King, the “mom” of the King family.  Belinda has handled sorrow and trouble by depending on God to guide her.  She’s been a strong, faithful support for her children as they adjusted to all the changes in their lives. Now it’s Belinda’s turn to find her own personal happiness again with Herschel and help her children see that all their futures are in God’s hands.  The mystery of the greenhouse is finally solved in this final book of the series.  There are two quite unexpected twists in this storyline that I did not see coming, and the ending to this series was perfect.

If you haven’t read any of the books in this series, I’d recommend that you read them in order.  That way, the surprise ending will have that much more impact when you read it!  As always, I’m looking forward to Wanda Brunstetter’s next series.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress; my God; in him will I trust.

I have really enjoyed this series. All centered around the King's family tragedy and bird watching. Belinda King who lost her husband two years ago and trying to maintain the family business. Her two daughters have found that God sees them with their marriage and upcoming marriage. Henry, the youngest son is still fighting anger of what happened to his father and brothers. He takes solace in bird watching and the lessons that God is teaching him. Belinda has two suitors vying for her hand in marriage. The two men are as different as night and day and tension rises as one pushes for her to make up her mind.

I was surprised by the English neighbors of the Kings and how their story comes more into light. Tragedy will happen but God who gives hope did for the Kings. How important it is to be aware of God's goodness and sharing that with others.

A special thank you to Barbour Publishing and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.
After losing her husband in a tragic accident two years ago, Belinda and her children struggle to keep their greenhouse business afloat. When they start receiving malicious phone calls and their business starts being vandalized, the family puts their faith in God for His protection.

Then throw two would be suitors who are trying to gain Belinda’s affections, the neighbor lady across the street who does not care for Amish people and the little old lady who walks over to the greenhouse and occasionally steals things and you get a great mix of suspicious characters and storylines and best of all, the final book with a surprise ending.

I appreciate how Wanda Brunstetter brings faith, love, anger and compassion into the storyline and makes you see people and situations in a whole different light.

I was hesitant yet excited to start the final book in the series because I hated to see it end, but as always, all good things must come to an end. I throughly enjoyed this book. Well written Wanda....well written. I was given a copy of this book for my honest opinion.
The Robin's Greeting by Wanda Brunstetter is book three in The Amish Greenhouse Mystery Series. After the death of three members of their family, Belinda and her children have tried to cope with all the new responsibilities and running the family greenhouse. Belinda is grateful to her children for their support but wishes she could find out who is behind all the vandalism that has taken place at their home and business. She also has two suitors vying for her attention and isn't sure how to react to them. Her youngest son, Henry, is not pleased with either one, not wanting someone to try and replace his father. I found this to be a satisfying conclusion to the mystery and the books. I was surprised when I found out who was doing the damage to them and threatening them. I also enjoyed how several loose ends were tied up. Brunstetter has proven, yet again, why she is a top author in the Amish fiction world. Thanks to #NetGalley for the chance to read and review this book. All opinions are my own. #all_the_pages
Kept my interest throughout. Left me wanting more. Love that the characters have flaws and aren't portrayed as bing perfect all the time. looking forward to the next book. Recommend.
I enjoyed reading more about the lives of Belinda Green and her family. This is book 3 in the series, but I feel it would also work as a stand alone.
It is coming upon the two year anniversary of when Belinda lost her husband, son and son-in-law when the buggy the men were riding in was hit by a car on her birthday. Belinda is still running the family greenhouse with the help of her family. Her son, Henry, is now helping out without so much complaining. Both girls have moved forward with their lives, one is married and another soon to be wed.
Will there be love again for Belinda? Monroe has moved back and is determined to win Belinda. He hasn't gotten his disappointment years ago when Belinda dumped him for Vernon. Surely, now that Vernon is gone, she'll see what a great catch Monroe is. Or will she? Then, there's quiet, gentle Herschel who also has feelings for Belinda. Two men vying for her attention, and Henry is not pleased at all. He doesn't want a step-dad. He doesn't want a replacement for his dad.
Someone is doing acts of vandalism on their property to the greenhouse, as well as leaving muffled threats on their phone machine telling them to sell and leave, or else. Belinda is insistent that the police is not to be involved. Henry is determined to catch whoever it is, and he has a good feeling he knows who is destroying their property.
Then, there's the English neighbors across the street, Earl and Virginia. Virginia is very discontent. She immensely dislikes the sound of horses clopping by going to do business at the greenhouse. She also dislikes the smell of the road apples the horses leave behind. She is quiet miserable and does nothing to change her life for the better. Her husband is happy to go to work, come home and eat dinner and spend the rest of his time watching TV. Virginia is like the sound of water dripping off a roof. Nag, nag, nag. She dislikes everything about the Amish and has no desire to be neighborly, even spying on them with her binoculars.
There's a big surprise involving Virginia. Actually, two, which is just great!
I was quite surprised when the person behind the vandalism and threats was revealed. Not at all who I would have thought.
This story has a happy ending.
I was given a free advanced copy to read by the publisher, Barbour Publishing and Netgalley. I was not required to give a positive review.
I eagerly awaited for this book to be published and it did not disappoint me. For so many reasons, Wanda E Brunstetter hit the target on this series.  The sorrow from the beginning of the series to the joy that returned to the King family as they struggled to keep the greenhouse a vital business for their livelihood was a testament of faith and hope.  Each member of the family grew as they were stretched to their limits and their resilience was inspiring.

Challenge after challenge kept Belinda going when she could have easily closed the business and moved in with one of her married children. I admired her courage and willingness to keep moving ahead in spite of everything.  I also enjoyed her bit of romance.  I have read a lot of Amish fiction through the years and there are not many that include romance for widows with grown children.  It seems they just get moved to the Dawdi house.  Her suitors, Herschel Fisher and Monroe Esh offered a bit of pizazz to the story. It was down to good writing that one could see each man for who he was and I was pleased to see who won her heart.

I was very surprised at the ending of the story when we finally learned who was behind the attacks on the greenhouse.  I can usually come close to solving a mystery but this one surprised me.  I enjoyed this book and recommend this series to those who like Amish fiction with a bit of mystery involved.   The Robin's Greeting neatly ties everything together.  Many thanks to #NetGalley and Barbour Publishing for an advance copy for an honest review.  All opinions, however, are mine.
Great book to finish the series. I would suggest reading the first two books, The Crow's Call and The Mockingbird's Song, to get the full story. Though I was suspicious in the beginning about this being classified as mystery, I couldn't figure out who was vandalizing the King's property and was surprised when it was reveled. Keep up the good work, Wanda!

Thank you to Barbour Publishing and NetGalley for the ARC, which was received in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
The Amish Greenhouse trilogy was exciting. My suggestion is to read the three books in succession as you won't want to wait to find out the mysterious troublemaker.  Needless to say, I was shocked when it was revealed in The Robin's Greeting.

The series takes place roughly over a two-year time period.  You follow the King family as they work through their grief after losing several loved ones in a single accident. You will need plenty of tissues and be prepared to stay up late with each book.

The Robin's Greeting ties every loose end up and you are left with hope and love. If you are experiencing grief as I am this series is perfect. You realize your feelings are normal and happy days will come again. It just takes time.

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher,  Barbour Publishing, Inc., through Netgalley.  All opinions expressed in the above review are entirely my own.
I love this series. Wanda is one of my favorite amish writer, all of the books i have read are beautifully written. I love all the characters, and love going on the journey with them. In this book it picks up from where the last book left off. Belinda and her family are still dealing with the loss of three of their family members when horrible things begin to happen, Henry sets out to figure out who is doing all these horrible things and why....
The third and final book in Wanda Brunstetter's Amish Greenhouse Mystery series, The Robin's Greeting finally wraps up the mystery that began in the first book. What a rollercoaster!

Two years after the tragic accident that resulted in the deaths of her husband, son, and son-in-law, Belinda King is finally starting to wonder if she may get a second chance at love. But how will she choose between her long-ago boyfriend, Monroe Esh, and her newer friend, Herschel Fisher? With so many obstacles in the way, is it even worth it? Or can she find peace and contentment in being a grandparent and single parenting her grown children as well as her teenaged son, Henry?

I really appreciated the growth that happened with several of the characters as the story progressed. Both Virginia and Henry learned some valuable lessons as the pages went by. There is one person who I quite disliked and whose behaviour didn't change, but it all works out in the end. I enjoyed watching both Sylvia and Dennis' and Amy and Jared's relationships continue to progress.

I've been dying to find out who was behind the threats and vandalism towards the King's greenhouse since the first novel, and I have to say, I did not see this series ending the way it did! I often tend to figure out who-dun-it partway through a book or series, but this one kept me guessing the entire time. As if that wasn't enough of a mystery, the shocking twist near the end really threw me for a loop. I didn't see that one coming, at all!

The Robin's Greeting is an enjoyable novel filled with suspense, romance, and faith. Regardless of what comes her way, Belinda never fails to trust that God has a plan for her and for her family. If you enjoy Brunstetter's book or just Amish fiction in general, you won't want to miss this book.

*I received a complimentary copy of The Robin's Greeting through the publisher and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own. My positive review is not required.
What a beautiful ending to a charming series. I loved reading about the greenhouse and all the work it takes to run it. Belinda has seen her share of heartache, but it looks like she has two suitors vying for her attention.  I loved the intrigue in the book about the vandalism going on at the greenhouse. Who would do such horrible things and cause a family to lose their business?

I loved the part about the elderly lady who seemed to have no way of taking care of herself. The family befriends her and finds that she is in need of love and people who care for her. It is a good reminder of taking care of your neighbor.

Speaking of neighbors, we find Virginia once again spying on her Amish neighbors. She is a very lonely woman who is bitter and  a little judgmental. She spends more time complaining about her neighbors then making her home a happy place.

I loved the romance in the book and wasn’t sure who Belinda would choose to marry. Her son Henry isn’t happy that his mother is courting. Losing his father has been hard on him. He still has some grieving to do. I know Henry is still hurting but maybe someone can help him overcome his bitterness. He loves his family and it is hard for him to accept his mother remarrying. This was  a great storyline because it is never easy for a child who has lost a parent to deal with someone new coming into their home.

I was extremely surprised at who the person was who had been vandalizing the greenhouse and trying to scare Belinda into moving. I understand why this person did it, but the best part was seeing how several people gave their heart to Jesus. The scripture of, “what the enemy wanted for evil God turned it for good,” fits perfectly in this part of the story.  God does work everything out for good. There is much joy and happiness as the series ends. I will miss the characters I’ve grown to love.

I received a copy of this book from the author and publisher. The review is my own opinion.
I was so thrilled to be chosen to read and review Wanda E. Brunstetter's final book in this series! This was an amish mystery series, and the conclusion did not disappoint! All of the characters were developed over the course of 3 books. There was an individual who was trying to drive out Belinda King from her home and Greenhouse business after Belinda lost her husband, son and son-in-law following a tragic buggy accident (right on Belinda's birthday). As if this tragedy weren't enough for Belinda and her two sons and two daughters, she had to try to discreetly deal with the damages that someone was continuously doing to her home and business.

Throughout the series, we saw her two daughters get married (including the one who became a widow the day of the accident leaving her with 2 little ones). We also saw Belinda as she had to deal with romantic attention that she did not seek, and her family was not supportive of. There was just a whole lot of unwanted stress for this family. I also loved that this series branched off of a previous one with the same characters, I will continue to seek more stories from this author.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing, Inc. through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
#The Robin's Greeting#  by Wanda E. Brunstetter is the  third book in the Amish Greenhouse Mystery series. The  first two books in the  Amish  Greenhouse Mystery series are: The  Crow's  Call  and The Mockingbird's Song. Belinda King is the  main character in this  Amish story.  She has a greenhouse business  and  strives to keep it going.  She  also has good character  and   tries to live out her Amish beliefs and  standards.   There are ups and downs as she adjusts to life as a widow.   The  Amish have  good values.  Wanda  has  written over 90 books about the Amish.  She  was drawn to the  Amish lifestyle by  her husband's  back round as a Mennonite with the Pennsylvania  Dutch.  Her books have been award winning and have ended up on the best sellers  list.   In  our fast paced society   the Amish stories remind us of the need for a simpler life. Thank  you to the author, publisher and netgalley for allowing me to read and review this book.
The Robin's Greeting came to a fulfilling end will family values holding true.  With each portion of this community's make up, each person kept true to their values.  Thank You Netgalley for sharing this book.
Belinda King, has been struggling to keep the family greenhouse running. When more destruction to the homestead happens she's not sure how she can go on. I enjoy the family closeness and the community ties that are the Amish way. This kept my attention wondering what was coming next. I liked how the Robin fit into this story. I was surprised that I hadn't figured out who the intruder was that was causing the family so much trouble. Great writing when the author can give you so many suspects and hide the culprit until the end!
"The Robin's Greeting" is the third book in the Amish Greenhouse Mystery series. In this novel, Belinda's daughters have married, and she and her son now run the greenhouse. In addition, two suitors vie for Belinda's attention, each of them different and attractive in their own way. How will she choose between them? Belinda must also contend with her son's discontent with her beginning to date. She must also come to terms with her Englischer neighbors, as well as the ongoing vandalism to the greenhouse. There are a few surprises in store at the ending of the story.

Readers who have read the previous two books in the series will find familiar characters in this one, although it can be read as a stand-alone novel. Characters from the "Healing Jars" series also make an appearance to connect the two series. The settings and characters in this clean and sweet novel are realistic. The Christian message is overt but not preachy.

I received this book from the publisher and from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. The opinions expressed here are entirely my own.
I have read all three books in the Amish Greenhouse Mysteries series.  Each book is a wonderful read but to fully understand the backstories in each, they should be read in order.  The King family has suffered misfortune and heartbreak but find the faith and strength to continue their greenhouse business.  The Robin's Greetings will bring the family's story full circle, exposing those who continue to harm the family.  A beautiful series with well written and developed characters.  A book written by Wanda Brunstetter is guaranteed to be a 5 star read that can be shared with everyone you know.
The Robins Greeting by Wanda E. Brunstetter is book three in the Amish Greenhouse Mystery series. This is an amazing story that brings the characters from the previous stories back together and fills in areas I have been wondering about.

After losing her husband, son and son-in-law in a tragic accident just two years earlier, Belinda is unsure of moving forward with her life. She has two men seeking a relationship with her. Not only is she struggling with how she feels about a second marriage, how her children will feel but also what will happen with her business.

I have really enjoyed this series. It’s enjoyable to see the family grow and change. The writing is so clear and good it feels like you are going back to visit good friends. I appreciate the struggles Belinda’s youngest child is going through with trying to find out who is stealing from them and who is leaving threatening notes as he deals with his feeling of his mother moving forward with her life. I like how the story pulled in the English neighbor and how they changed through out this book and eventually asked Jesus into their lives.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from Barbour Publishing through NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.
This was a wonderful conclusion to the Greenhouse series.  I hate to see the series end and will miss these characters. The story flowed beautifully and I didn’t want to put it down.
Many thanks to Barbour Publishing and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.