Cover Image: One Day All This Will Be Yours Signed Limited Edition

One Day All This Will Be Yours Signed Limited Edition

One of my favorite mental posers to think about is where and when I might go if I had a time machine. My answer always changes, partly based on how recently I’ve read something about witchcraft trials (which rule out a lot of history for me) or medical history (which rules out a lot the rest). At the risk of being hyperbolic, I would never in a million years think up what the narrator of Adrian Tchaikovsky’s lightning-fast novella, One Day All This Will Be Yours. The narrator has chosen to use his time-traveling equipment to set up shop at the end of time and destroy any other time travelers he can find.

Our narrator is a veteran of the last war humanity will ever fight. At least, that’s what he’s trying to be. In the last war, humans not only invented time travel (used to try and thwart the other side before they could make a move) but also bombs that are capable of shattering causality itself. He tells us his story, his deep dissatisfaction at seeing history come apart around him. As soon as people start messing around with the time stream, history gets overwritten. The other side—and the side the narrator is presumably on—sometimes disappear from one moment to the next. It’s hard to stay loyal when the faces keep changing and the reasons keep shifting. So, there he is, at the end of time, with his pet allosaur and a bunch of farming robots, waiting for time travelers to show up so that he can kill them and wipe out their timeline so that it can never happen again.

Who knows how long things might have continued this way if two travelers hadn’t shown up from the narrator’s own future? This isn’t supposed to be possible. Worse, these travelers claim to be the narrator’s descendants. Even worse than that, these travelers who are the narrator’s descendants are so damned chipper that it sets the narrator’s teeth on edge. The plot kicks into high gear at this point as the narrator begins his plan to un-create the utopia that he apparently unwittingly spawned. This is also where the hijinks start to ensue. The narrator gets into all kinds of shenanigans that had me laughing in spite of myself, especially when he starts to pull baddies out of history to fight for him. (He notes critically that he forgot to include time for team-building exercises.)

One Day All This Will Be Yours was a surprisingly entertaining read, with one flaw. The narrator tells his story a few too many times. Tchaikovsky commits the writerly sin of telling more than showing in this novella. A little more editing on those would’ve left room for what makes this story so much fun: screwing around with history. It’s a relatively small flaw considering how imaginative the rest of the story is. I would recommend it for fans of time travel stories looking for a bit of fun.
Tchaikovsky explores the wonders of time travel and being the ultimate loner in this new novella. There are very few sentient animals in this one but you wont mind because, as usual, the story is full of big ideas and "what if" moments. I am sure a careful and nit picky reader could find a few paradoxes with the time travel scenarios but I just took them at face value and enjoyed the wonderful prose like this:

“I’ve a specially curated selection of box sets, because one thing that spins like a weathervane when you change causality is entertainment, and if you have a deft hand you can collect all the really good versions of things, like the final series of Lost where all the loose ends actually got tied up, or that peculiarly tangled timeline where William Shakespeare, Helen Mirren and Orson Welles got together to make a Transformers movie.”

The only thing that stopped this from being a 5 star review is that the ending was quite abrubt and not fully fleshed out. I was definitely left wishing for more and a little disappointed.

I continue to be amazed at Tchaikovsky's wide range and proliferation of fantastic stories. Highly recommended.
4.5 / 5 ✪

One Day All This Will Be Yours is a love story for the ages.

Kinda.

I mean, there’s some sort of romance within, along with plenty of ages (since time travel and all), and it’s definitely a story, so there’s that. The rest of it basically answers the question: What would happen if a sentient nuclear warhead fell in love? Could it forever deny its baser instinct to eradicate life, or would it… boom?

But I’m getting ahead of myself.

‘“Stalin and Hitler is cheating.”
“I don’t see why. Achilles is cheating, he never even existed.”
“Says the woman with three Jack the Rippers.”
…
The fight’s begun by then. It is…
Strangely hilarious. ‘

Nobody remembers how the Causality War started. Really, there’s literally no one to remember—except for me. And I’ve forgotten.

See, the thing about screwing with causality is that eventually, it’s really hard to remember where the start of things and the end of things actually was. And that was before we broke time.

While I don’t remember who started the war—much less whose side I was on—I was the one to finish it. Then I tidied things up as best I could and came here, to the end of time itself. There was no place left for me where I’d been. Or should I say, “when I’d been”. But with time irreparably broken, there was only one place to go. And only one thing to do: see that it never happens again.

This is one of those stories where we never learn the narrator’s name. But his name’s not all that important, to be honest. Probably doesn’t even remember it himself. That’s the thing about causality and time-travel; it really messes with the old noodle. Sufficient to say he’s a time warrior—the last of his name.

The concept works really well. A time warrior, trying to prevent another time war before all of time is destroyed. Or, MORE destroyed, I guess. It being a time travel story, it made my head hurt if I tried too hard to sort everything out. The good news is: the book never tried very hard to sort everything out. Didn’t even really take itself seriously. Oh, there’s a plot, and a story, and they’re both lovely to boot. But it’s filled with tongue-in-cheek, sarcasm, and dark humor. Combined with the detailed, if not intricate, plot—it makes for an entertaining, intense, and often hilarious read.

And that’s all before the love story kicks off.

I won’t say much about that, just that… it’s certainly something. I mean, I would read more romance novels if they were like this.

While the ending makes for a bit of a letdown (again, no spoilers), One Day All This Will Be Yours is another excellent example of the author in novella form; quirky, creative, unique, and incredibly entertaining.

TL;DR

One Day All This Will Be Yours is the idea time-travel novella—not too intense, not too serious, not TOO hilarious, but just enough of all those combined. Also, entertaining. Very entertaining. My personal choice for the greatest love story of all time (pun intended), the time warrior’s adventure is by no means boring before he meets his perfect match. And while there is a bit of a slump at the very end, ODATWBY provides a unique, amazing take on time travel, and causality itself. Definitely recommended!
You only have to mention time travels to me and I’m usually already on board, but time travel AND Tchaikovski equals to a very high hyper percentage. I was not disappointed. Ok, I literally just checked the details and saw that this is not a novella but a nearly 200 pages book. That may give you an idea of how little it took me to immerse myself in this world.

The plot is quite simple. There was an ultimate war, known as the Causality War, where the weapons were time machines, and that nearly destroyed the world. In order for humans not to repeat history, our main character waits at the end of time to take out of the way, and from history, whoever get to him. And he has a dinosaur! And of course, we are going to get a very interesting view on the grandfather's paradox.

The characters are one of the highlights of the novel, as they carry most of its humour and tone. As a lonely and bitter character, I absolutely enjoyed his interactions with people and his vision of life. I saw myself cackling out loud more than a few times. I think in this book we can approach a less “serious” Tachikovski and the result being, both the author and the reader, having a blast. On the other hand, we have the use of time as the ultimate weapon, which is in itself, terrifying, but this is what makes the book so great, from my point of view, how it mixes very serious concepts with funny or even ridiculous ideas, creating something that would not leave the reader indifferent.

Although short, (for what I am used to) the book does not lack in plot twists and turns. Overall was a very fast paced read with likeable characters and compelling ideas. One that I would absolutely recommend for readers who are not yet familiar with the author or those, like me, that would read even his shopping list.

P.S: I'm sorry but, for my taste, that is one ugly cover.
As usual with the author this read was fun and enjoyable. The main character is clearly a sociopath (I couldn't help thinking of Billie Butcher in "The Boys" series!) but interesting to follow.
I really loved how the context unfold slowly, with hints that take all their full importance and reality by afterthought (Miffly!).
The global reflexion about the limitations and repercussions that would have travel machines, if they did exist, is really interesting, particularly in the way it would dehumanized people for the time-travellers and, of course the travellers themselves, would couldn't stay sane, eventually.
I appreciated less the second part, as the narrator became more and more unpleasant, as we plainly realise how completely amoral he has become (had to become). The tête-à-tête "game", supposedly funny, made me somewhat uncomfortable, as this kind of toxic relationship always does (well, to be honest, toxic in a romance story, there it's plainly to be taken with a pinch - a ladleful - of salt ^-^).
The end is good, I wouldn't have seen it coming.

All in all a good read for me, but not a very good one, probably because I never feel that mixing very serious reflexion (about time travel there, the author has clearly given much thought about the theory of it) and this kind of tone, irreverent, sardonic and over the top, really mixed well.
In this new Adrian Tchaikovsky book, we follow the events of the end of time, or so we are repeatedly told by the Narrator. The Narrator, the last survivor of the Causality War, is defending the future from possible time travellers, accompanied by his lovable fluffy allosaurus, Miffly. He stands guard there in the future and whenever someone from the past comes there, he hunts them down and feeds them to Miffly. Things change once he gets a pair of visitors not from the past, but from the future.
The Narrator also tells us about the events that led him to this point in time. The War that destroyed everything and the inability of people to just leave the past well enough alone once time travel is discovered.
Like all time travel stories out there, this one comes with a specific set of problems: what is the technology that enables him to travel (we are never told), what happens to the “grandfather paradox” and the “butterfly effect” (we are sort of given an explanation, but it’s an offhand “it doesn’t affect those who travel” explanation), what the hell is really happening (no explanation there). What we do get is a romp through time that almost feels like a series of vignettes that touch on the nerdy historian aspect of time travel and that’s that.
In reality, to be more honest, it feels like the author is trying too hard. Let's visit ALL THE POINTS IN HISTORY! But of course, only the points that are in the past relative to our time. He never visits his past that would be our future. He visits Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, has lunch with Caligula, parties with people in fin de siècle Paris… but never let’s say Australia in 2334. Like I said, a nerdy romp though history.
And the point of this? I don’t know. Perhaps it’s a judgement on our inability to be satisfied with anything. Or it might be a way of warning us that unchecked scientific development can cause more harm than good. Or it just might be a way for Tchaikovsky to create an idiot who believes that in order to create the best group of fighters one just has to put together Elizabeth Bathory, Achilles (not the immortal one), Stalin and a bunch of other easily recognizable names and throw them into a battle. How the hell did the Narrator believe that would work? He, who’s been all over the world and has been fighting a real war for ages doesn’t know that those leaders and sadists are basically paper pushers!
I’m sad this was the first Tchaikovsky read for me. I wish I’d chosen a better one. Perhaps in the future I’ll try something else from him. We’ll see. But this one gets a no from me.
I really enjoyed this book.
A quirky, humorous view of time travel, and what happens (or doesn't happen) when it gets out of control.
Set at the end of time, where Time has been decimated by the Causuality War. The nameless hero, the last survivor in this era, is trying to live a peacful life farming, and playing with his pet dinosaur. However the quiet life is about to be disturbed ...
Adrian Tchaikovsky at his best.
Thanks to NetGalley and Rebellion Publishing for sending me an ARC of One Day All This Will Be Yours in exchange for an honest review.

One Day All This Will Be Yours is a fairly original time travel story. In the aftermath of the Causality War—when humanity tried to use time-travel as a weapon against each other and instead wrecked our shared history—our unnamed narrator lies in wait at a quaint farm at a far distant time. Whenever some remaining time traveler arrives, he kills them and then goes back and grandfathers out of existence their culture’s very ability to time travel. Until one day, when a new group of time travelers arrive and upset his understanding of the effect of his actions. Soon, he’s engaged in a Spy v. Spy battle with Zoe, a time traveler who just might be his homicidal equal, before things get even stranger ....

The plot takes a little while to get going, but once it does, it flies through the rest of the book. The narrator is so funny and sarcastic that you can forget for stretches that he’s responsible for an unknowable number of genocides. The plot is largely unpredictable and the story is very inventive—I can think of no other book that combines Soviet-era tractors and a pet Allosaurus. One Day All This Will Be Yours is one of those very rare books that could have been enjoyably longer. A quick, fun read. Recommended.
Clever and dark, "One Day All This Will be Yours" is one of my new favorite time travel stories. Our unnamed protagonist sits at the very edge of time, busying himself with a life of idyllic farming. He was once a fighter in the Causality Wars that destroyed the fabric of the universe. Now he sits patiently like a spider on its web, waiting for time travelers to venture to the furthest reaches of time where he sits. When they do, he kills them (or has his pet allosaurus do it) and then makes sure the circumstances that produced their time machine never happen. But one day, he gets a different set of visitors…

I've read several of Tchaikovsky's other works and enjoyed them immensely, though I wasn't expecting this to be as tongue-in-cheek and whimsical. Parts of it remind me a bit of This Is How You Lose the Time War but with a very different feel.
Adrian Tchaikovsky writes about a time traveler in an ironic and witty style. The main character of “One Day All This Will Be Yours” is determined to be the last time traveler in existence. Seeking to accomplish this, he hacks the time stream in a way that redirects all time travelers looking for the end of time to his robot-harvested gentleman farm. He ingratiates himself to these time travelers when they arrive to put them at ease so that they disclose the time and place that they came from. After feeding them to his pet dinosaur, Miffly, he travels back to the time of their origin and makes subtle scientific and political changes to assure that time travel from that era is never discovered. Of course, he being immune to the effects of these changes, his existence is not impaired.

The book is a fun read. It had me laughing and had my head spinning as I tried to follow the author’s convoluted descriptions of time travel anomalies.
"I mean, if in doubt, just generally screw up the world for everyone else, right? That's been the motto of human decision-making since Ug first hit Throg in the head with a rock, and it always seems to have gotten us through. Except for the whole Causality War and breaking everything there ever was into a million billion pieces, of course."

Taking place on the very edge of time, One Day All This Will Be Yours tells the story of the last survivor of the Causality War, a war in which humanity literally destroyed time. Living on an idyllic farm with the help of robots and a pet dinosaur, our protagonist protects what's left of history (and messes around with it just for funsies every once in a while) and does his best to prevent the slightest chance of another war breaking out. He's a bit of a bastard and he's certainly not a good person but he's fun to spend time with and Tchaikovsky did a great job of giving him a very distinct narrative voice.

The first ~third of the novella is a fun little exercise in establishing our protagonist and the reality he lives in, and then after that we settle more into the main plot of the novella, though settle is perhaps not the right word as this novella absolutely zips along. I would expect most people who read this will read it in one sitting and have a jolly good time doing it. Anyway, I won't go into any detail because you don't want to know much more about this than the synopsis, but overall I really liked the plot. I will say, there were a couple of bits where the time travel stuff either became a tad confusing or didn't make complete sense, but for the most part I had no trouble suspending my disbelief.

The only slight issue I had was that some of the humour didn't quite land for me, but that's kind of to be expected with anything that has this much humour in it, it won't all land for everyone. I actually wasn't expecting it to be as funny as it was, Children of Time is the only other work by Tchaikovsky that I've read (well, I read some of Children of Ruin, but I didn't like it).

So yeah, all in all this is a really fun little novella and I'm glad I got the opportunity to read it, I'll definitely be checking out more of Tchaikovsky's books. If you're a fan of time-travel sci-fi then this is definitely worth giving a read.
One Day All This Will Be Yours is a neat novella from Adrian Tchaikovsky - the story revolves around a survivor of the Causality War, a war where the ultimate weapon isn’t a nuclear bomb, but a time machine. Our protagonist has set himself the mission of stopping it all happening again.

And he’s got a pet dinosaur called Miffly... 😍

I enjoy Tchaikovsky’s writing - loved Children of Time 🕷- and this novella highlights why. He takes fairly complex ideas, such as time travel and what I’m going to call the space/time continuum (cos you can’t beat a Back To The Future reference) and makes it understandable. His writing is very conversational in this, the main character is just telling you his story. So all the high brow concepts are presented as just how this man lives - it makes it relatable.

The idea that time travel becomes weaponised isn’t one that I’d come across before, but makes a lot of sense. If we could travel through time, imagine what some of our world leaders would try to do... it’s terrifying.

I also loved the mentions of historical events and figures. One chapter in particular brings some very famous faces together in a scene akin to a WWE Royal Rumble - which is just an enjoyable to read as it sounds! 😂

I couldn’t find fault with this novella - other than it was too short and I really wanted to know more! I give it 5 ⭐️- it’s a great idea, executed incredibly well!
Thank you NetGalley and Rebellion for a copy of the eARC of Adrian Tchaikovsky's One Day All This Will Be Yours. Over the past four or five years, I've read more Tchaikovsky than any other author that's not saying he's my favorite author or that I've liked everything he has written. What he does well is produce just very imaginative stories. Some of them work well for me and some of them do not at all. All the books have a common theme the descriptions make me want to immediately read them.

What I did not expect from this book was to laugh so much. The book description makes it seem like the narrator is on a noble holy war to end all wars.

Well that's his perspective anyways. He may make you believe it for the first half of the story even, but then something interesting happens and his true colors begin to seep into his stream of consciousness and the reader begins to laugh. The guy is real asshole.
I thought I would like this book from the description, but I was surprised with how much I loved it. After a the Causality War went bad, our main character puts himself in the position to never let it happen again. This book does time travel better than I've ever read. It's clever and witty, and had me laughing out loud at the dry humor throughout. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down!
This is a great story about time travels, not just an adventures story with time travel in it, the author try to focus in the consequences that a time war would have, showing a sharp intelligence and an acid sense of humour.
"Nobody knows where they were when the Causality War started" - such a brilliant reversal of the usual line about historic events, perfectly demonstrating what happens when history itself is the thing getting blown up. But after the war is over, with time broken into fragments, one man sits at the end of the end of the line, farming, and making sure that nobody else ever gets to develop time travel again, because when they do, they come visit him, and when that happens he goes back and makes sure they never develop time travel in the first place. In the tiny fragment of Tchaikovsky's bibliography I've read, this reminded me most of Walking To Aldebaran: a lonely, apparently personable narrator, all alone, gradually exposing themselves as an utter monster – here a sort of bucolic, reactive Kang, engaged in a cosmic pulling up the ladder to make Priti Patel green with envy. Obviously there's a bit of a Thoreau satire in the mix too: "How I love the rugged outdoors life! Living out here with nothing but the fields and the animals and literally the best technological support that anyone ever invented." As he jaunts around what's left of the continuum, erasing time travellers and visiting all the best parties, he shares his reminiscences of the war, a conflict gradually becoming less and less comprehensible because each time you change the past you come back to a present where a totally different command structure wants you to do something completely different for entirely unrelated reasons, because you've changed the past. There are some pretty clear parallels with our own plight in this situation where the world gets torn down by people claiming they want to restore a past that probably never existed; on top of that, the narrator makes explicit the similarity with climate change, where humans similarly suffer an uncharacteristic burst of modesty in their deep-seated assumption that surely they're too little to really damage something so big as the Earth, or space-time. Hell, if you squint you could even draw an analogy with the Event from the way that one unwise decision can make one little thing spread until it undoes the whole world. And certainly the 2020s made me feel especially deeply for the refugee from a time when people live without ever seeing outside, "in the certain knowledge that he's going to die young, and that the next generation will die younger, and probably there won't be a generation after that." But a Tchaikovsky book so rarely stays on one course, and soon enough this idyll built on unimaginable carnage is upended. [SPOILER:] And then it turns into a rom-com. The sort with lots of ingenious assassination attempts, except even Mr & Mrs Smith didn't have Stalins in the wacky sidekick role, and yes, that is a deliberate plural not a typo. Oh, and unlike a lot of rom-coms, it really is properly funny, especially once they start dicking around with history and visiting some shards that have already gone completely off the rails. If it's only the second-best short novel about a time war that I've read in the last three years, that's purely because Max Gladstone and Amar el-Mohtar set the bar ridiculously high; it's definitely my favourite Tchaikovsky novel of the year so far, and no, that's not because it's the first (plus he has another one out I've not read, because of course he does. There's at least a fourth in May too, and probably another three in the back half of the year).

(Netgalley ARC)
“We were the time warriors, and we killed time.”

Somewhere, no - somewhen, at the edge of Time (or whatever is left of it after the time-shredding Causality War) is a peaceful idyllic farm where the last survivor of the time war spends his days tending the crops, restoring old Soviet tractors, feeding his pet allosaurus — and murdering any remaining time travelers that come to his “when”, a bottleneck in Time. This is the only way he sees to prevent yet another Time War.

“They all end up here, because this is the end-time. This is all the time there is. This is the trailing edge of what comes later, after the breach in regular transmissions left by the war. A bottleneck, you understand. You want to fling yourself forwards past the badlands of the war, this is where you end up. And I’ll be waiting for you. Nobody gets by me. I have literally all the technology in the world, culled from every moment that anyone ever had a Big Idea, to make sure of exactly that. I am the ultimate surveillance state.”

Except for - of fragging course! - things will not go the way they are supposed to. Many many times. Because threats don’t only come from the shattered past. There will be tractors and dinosaurs and murders and statues and unpleasant visitors and even polite tea time, and bonding over mutual misanthropy and assassination attempts, and it all will be funny and twisted and darkly humorous.

“By setting up shop here where the regular passage of time recommences, and denying access to the future to all comers, I am saving the unseen future from interference. I am time’s gatekeeper, and without me the future would become the same ruin as the past.”

Adrian Tchaikovsky is a guy I’d love to hang out with and pick his brain and share a drink or two with. He’s obviously brilliant and wonderfully funny and can pull the rug from out of you with a few sentences that you need to reread a few times just to understand how throughly he just messed with your expectations. All while having a blast with the sardonic and misanthropic and yet objectively funny story that comes from dark places and leads to those even darker — but chuckling along the way. Oh, and you betcha there’s going to be a grandfather paradox — but presented Tchaikovsky-style, with a fresh irreverent take on it and a healthy dose of sarcasm.

“How I love the rugged outdoors life! Living out here with nothing but the fields and the animals and literally the best technological support that anyone ever invented.”

I start to think that there’s nothing in SFF that Tchaikovsky cannot do. He is yet to disappoint me. His books have all been solid for me, and if he doesn’t eventually become one of SFF acknowledged classics, I will be quite baffled.

And if you don’t feel a shiver of dread at hearing the word “twee” after finishing this book, then you, my friend, will need to give that last page or two another read.

4 stars.

“We’ll detonate it and turn their entire postepochalyptic utopia into a wasteland of nothing, and then we’ll go build a new farm on the new broken edge of history, whenever that turns out to be, and settle down to murder time travellers and troll historical figures again. Everyone should have a retirement plan.”
The cynical narrator, the wisecracking antihero, is the last human in the universe, because time machines as weapons of war wiped out every civilization and every person except this guy. Except, time travelers from the future continue to find him at his rustic paradise at the edge of The End. He kills them all, usually by feeding them to his pet dinosaur. He farms with robots. He doesn't need human companionship.

But along comes a time traveler who isn't so easy to kill. This is nearly halfway into the book. This character is so much fun, even our antihero finds himself increasingly less determined to obliterate her.

The time machines are not described in much detail, leaving much to the reader's imagination. The world-building is sketchy. This is not like a Kim Stanley Robinson novel. This is all about swift exposition, no cumbersome explanations to trip over, lots of snark and sardonic wit. The scene where our time travelers summon bad^sses from throughout history reads like a video game, with Hitler trying to outrun a dinosaur, and three version of Jack the Ripper fighting each other. It's a clever idea, but rushed in its execution, which is fine by me. I skim battle scenes and therefore absolve Adrian Tchaikovsky of his (dare I say lazy?) scene-setting and world-building.

As for creativity, freshness, and originality, I wasn't as impressed as other reviewers. "The Dark Side" by Anthnoy O'Neill was more startling and witty, with incredible world-building and lots of juicy science, with pages of footnotes listing source material about features of the moon. No appendix, no science sources in "One Day All This Will Be Yours." O'Neill's assassin android had me laughing out loud, and wincing in horror, and gasping in admiration.

This book is entertaining and well written, witty, insightful, and dark, but not at the top of my favorites list.

Thank you to NetGalley and Solaris for an ARC of this novel.
Have you ever read a book, really enjoyed it but aren’t exactly sure what happened during that book.

Maybe its just me but I have just finished One Day All This Will Be Yours and I loved reading it though I’m not 100% sure what exactly happened.  This could be due to my old brain busting nemesis Time Travel.

Our narrator lives an idyllic life.  He has an enormous farm with many hi tech robots to look after all the dirty jobs and on it lives his loyal pet Miffly.  He spends hours just strolling about his farm or tootling about on his tractor and he has the distinction of being the last human alive.  Well sort of....

Our narrator fought a war, a war of time, whole points in time where wiped out and only slithers of time remain.  He has tied up the loose ends as much as he can but occasionally he gets visitors from the past and present.  He greets them, shakes them down for information and then feeds them, then he literally feeds them to Miffly who I’d better mention is a dinosaur, check the front cover out, thats her.

He is determined to be the last man standing but a series of visitors who don’t end up in the belly of Miffly  throw a slight spanner in his works.  The past and future may be catching up with him.

This book was bonkers but it was also incredibly entertaining!

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review.
I like books by Adrian Tchaikovsky and each book shows me more and more how good he is as an author. His books are so different and at the same time so well thought about that they animate the reader to think about the questions raised.
I seldom laughed so much as reading this book about time travel. The story about a veteran of time wars and protector of the future shows what problems time travel may bring and, of course, the paradoxes are also included. But the author manages through his use of humour to give the complicated and difficult questions a light-hearted not, so the reader can enjoy the bokk.
I can really recommend it.