Cover Image: One Day All This Will Be Yours Signed Limited Edition

One Day All This Will Be Yours Signed Limited Edition

Have you ever read a book, really enjoyed it but aren’t exactly sure what happened during that book.

Maybe its just me but I have just finished One Day All This Will Be Yours and I loved reading it though I’m not 100% sure what exactly happened.  This could be due to my old brain busting nemesis Time Travel.

Our narrator lives an idyllic life.  He has an enormous farm with many hi tech robots to look after all the dirty jobs and on it lives his loyal pet Miffly.  He spends hours just strolling about his farm or tootling about on his tractor and he has the distinction of being the last human alive.  Well sort of....

Our narrator fought a war, a war of time, whole points in time where wiped out and only slithers of time remain.  He has tied up the loose ends as much as he can but occasionally he gets visitors from the past and present.  He greets them, shakes them down for information and then feeds them, then he literally feeds them to Miffly who I’d better mention is a dinosaur, check the front cover out, thats her.

He is determined to be the last man standing but a series of visitors who don’t end up in the belly of Miffly  throw a slight spanner in his works.  The past and future may be catching up with him.

This book was bonkers but it was also incredibly entertaining!

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review.
I like books by Adrian Tchaikovsky and each book shows me more and more how good he is as an author. His books are so different and at the same time so well thought about that they animate the reader to think about the questions raised.
I seldom laughed so much as reading this book about time travel. The story about a veteran of time wars and protector of the future shows what problems time travel may bring and, of course, the paradoxes are also included. But the author manages through his use of humour to give the complicated and difficult questions a light-hearted not, so the reader can enjoy the bokk.
I can really recommend it.
Witty and engaging novel about time travel. I have to admit I didn't sleep last night, I had to finish it! Dinosaurs, wars, bombs, utopias...
First book by Adrian Tchaikovsky i have read, I will surely go on and read more.
I’ve never read anything by Adrian Tchaikovsky before even though I had seen his work around a lot, and that he has won loads of awards. I kept telling myself there would be plenty of time to do so but never got round to it.

When I saw this on NetGalley I jumped at the chance to read it.

There’s been a time war and it’s shattered causality and the narrator is the last survivor of it, he’s made sure of that.

A story of a misanthrope and his pet Allosaurus, Miffly, at the end of time, an end of time that he has engineered specifically to stop any other time travellers from messing up the rest of time which is empty of humans.

Then there’s a really annoying twist where something shouldn’t have happened but due to the nature of time travel and such does.

Darkly humorous in all the right places this cracks along at a great speed and kept me enthralled all the way through, especially good use of time travel and paradoxes to create a convincing world(s)/times.

Will definitely expanding my library of Adrian’s books now.
This was wild. Like so wild, just as time travelling stories can be. But maybe even wilder than that. Wow.

I had no idea what to expect but a man living in a farm at the end of time with a pet dinosaur would've never even crossed my mind.

I wanted to shout at the characters because I had a simple solution to their problems that they didn't even think about, which was absurd! I thought that was going to be the first thing.

Besides that, I truly enjoyed how wild this story was. All the talk and complexities of time travelling and how this unnamed man got to live where he lived.

Loved the ending, the last chapters had my heart rate racing!!
This is, unsurprisingly, very good. This author's books are always smart and engaging, and I also appreciate his ability to know when to end it. I'll let others dive into why it has merit. Like his other books, this will be well received and it sell well. Recommended.

I really appreciate the ARC for review!!
The main character and narrator of this novella starts out defending a pastoral farm setting against leftovers from the Causality Wars. He's the last soldier standing against the chaos that came out of that, in this last unspoiled part of the fractured timeline where everyone enters a sort of funnel to this particular place, and he has rationalized dispatching everyone who arrives as a way to stop the war from re-erupting. To help him in this self-appointed task, he has a pet allosaurus and an assortment of technology he has picked up over the course of history. Midway through the book, however, he receives some visitors with a very different story coming from a place he that provokes a strong negative reaction, and the way he changes his mission boosts the story into a different realm altogether. There is a twist in the last couple of pages which changes his situation in a radical way with an open-ended feel to it, suggesting that we might have more to hear about all of this.

The tone is light, farcical at points. The character is roguish in a way reminding me of what I'd see in New Wave science fiction of the 1960s and 1970s. The author has built his universe in which people travel through time to alter or obliterate history. By the end, I don't completely understand how it is supposed to work, but that's all right. It seems like there's still a lot of playing around with the ideas raised by this brand of time travel, but it doesn't come across as heavy philosophy in any way. I have not read this author's other works but it is my impression that it is a departure from the usual kind of thing he's put out there. I think it's a good choice for readers who might be interested in a different take on themes of time travel.
One Day All This Will Be Yours: Signed Limited Edition
by Adrian Tchaikovsky
Hardcover, 192 pages
Expected publication date: March 2nd 2021 by Solaris

This is a clever and witty look at time travel and a fellow that wants to be the last time traveler and last person on Earth. He has Miffly, his pet Allosaurus, who he feeds time travelers to. Our time traveler explains how too many travelers have broken time, fractured it beyond repair. To remedy some of the problems he picks off other travelers, goes back to their origin point and prevents time travel knowledge from developing. He also travels himself to find them.
He has his nice farm with robots to do all the work, sheep, and Miffly at the end of time and quite content with life until a young couple shows up. He is about to feed them to Miffly when they tell him their surprise for showing up. It changes his life! He gets really upset! The action really gets wild then!
This is a fun, crazy book with zany characters I fell in love with! I love Miffly! It's a fun romp through history, society, and what if's! A story of sci-fi time travel and paradox.

I want to thank the publisher and NetGalley for the Arc. The review is voluntary and opinions are all my own!
“Nobody know where they were when the Causality War started.”

At some point in the past, the Causality War began. Nobody knows who started it, when it was started, or exactly how it was started. It was not a war of bombs and guns, but a war that weaponised time itself. Once the first time machine was invented, war was inevitable.

Our narrator, the last time warrior, lives alone on his perfect postepochalyptic ranch (except for his pet Allosaur, Miffly), at the end of time. He has one mission - to make sure that the mistakes of the past are never allowed to happen again – and he will do anything to ensure he succeeds.

One Day All This Will Be Yours is a darkly humorous time travel novella, with all the usual paradox and causality problems inherent with the time travel genre. I didn’t hate it, but it’s by far the weakest of Tchaikovsky’s works that I’ve read to date.

Nothing about the story particularly grabbed me, and the only character I connected with was the dinosaur (which possibly says more about my attitude to humanity than anything else), but I think my main issue was with the length. I can’t settle on whether it’s too long or too short, but it either needs the padding to be cut down to turn it into a short story, or it needs content and characterisation adding to bulk it up to a novel. Either way, the padding and repetition needs to go.

From reading other reviews, my opinion of One Day All This Will Be Yours appears to be in the minority, but I’m just left with a feeling of disappointment. Please don’t read this novella and decide that Tchaikovsky is not for you, as he’s usually head and shoulders above this standard.

I received an advance reading copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Today I am writing a more personal review. This book was different, really different. It was different to anything I have read before. It delivers the outline from the blurb, but they way it was delivered was unusual and I am not sure how I feel about it.

Most of the story was delivered as a monologue from the main character, this takes a bit to get used to. I quite enjoyed it at the start as it made for an easy read, as I was not jumping around learning different characters points of view.

This story is shorter than what I am used to from Tchaikovsky and it didn’t take long to read.  There was at least one part of this story were I shook my head in disbelief, asking myself, “Did he really write that?” Maybe it was supposed to be comedy rather than a factual part of the story (I don’t want to give away spoilers), but this story didn’t amuse me or hit my funny bone.

If you like characters that are definitely not black and white. Characters where you are not sure if you like them or not, or if you want them to succeed or not. This is the story for you.

-  The blurb from the publisher, as they do it best -

The bold new work from award-winning author Adrian Tchaikovsky  - a smart, funny tale of time-travel and paradox
Welcome to the end of time. It’s a perfect day.
Nobody remembers how the Causality War started. Really, there’s no-one to remember, and nothing for them to remember if there were; that’s sort of the point. We were time warriors, and we broke time.
I was the one who ended it. Ended the fighting, tidied up the damage as much as I could.
Then I came here, to the end of it all, and gave myself a mission: to never let it happen again.

Thank you to NetGalley & Rebellion Solaris for an advance copy.

@bubblybookreviewer @Netgalley  @rebellionpublishing #OneDayAllThisWillBeYours #NetGalley #Rebellion #Solaris #NetGalley #BubblyBookReviewer

The review will be posted to Amazon, Instagram, Twitter & Facebook closer to and on the release date.
"I don’t know with what weapons World War III will be fought, Al Einstein said, but the war after that will be fought with sticks and stones. Except that turns out to be almost exactly wrong, if the weapons the next war is fought with are time machines."
One Day This Will All Be Yours is an acerbically honest take on human nature through the narration of an unexpectedly-funny curmudgeon.  "I honestly think someone invented the time machine just so they could go grab a burger from the 1980s when the urge took them. Anyway, turns out saving the planet by eating soy was a bit of a non-starter..."
Although the action moves the story along, the novel is weighed down by preachiness. The narrator ruminates on the meaning of life, war is hell/necessary and society vs. the individual. The repetitive discourses on what time travel is and why it messes with the future seem unnecessary; I assume the target reading audience is familiar with the concept.
The fairly predictable plot was saved by the narrator’s humor and self-awareness, and it was an enjoyable, easy read.
Thank you to Rebellion for the opportunity to review an ARC via Netgalley.
One Day All This Will Be Yours is an upcoming novella by Adrian Tchaikovsky from Solaris press.  Like last year's Firewalkers, which I also had a chance to review on this blog, the novella appears to be coming out in limited edition hardcover first, with an ebook version to come a short time later.  I've had mixed feelings about Tchaikovsky's work, with his idea filled novels (Children of Time/The Doors of Eden) not really working fully for me, but I did enjoy Firewalkers quite a bit, so I figured I'd give this one a try as well.

And I'm really really glad I did - One Day All This Will Be Yours is easily going to be in the running for my Hugo Ballot in 2022, as a tremendously fun and funny time travel story that kept me smiling and cracking up throughout.  The novella's description on retailers' sites would suggest that this could be a serious tale - and no, it absolutely is not - but I honestly am not that upset about it because I feel like to spoil too much of what you're in for with this one would be a shame.  The plot of this novella will possibly invoke thoughts of other similar stories from the past few years, but One Day All This Will Be Yours stands easily on its own and is so much fun I would recommend it to basically everyone.

Quick Plot Summary;  No one knows why the Causality War started.  And no one but me knows how it ended:  because I'm the one that ended it.  And now, as I enjoy life in joyful solitude at the End of Time, I know that I have to make sure that no one ever finds out how to possibly restart it.

Even if that means feeding them to my pet Allosaurus.

Thoughts:  One Day All This Will Be Yours is a time travel novella, featuring a first person narrator who is absolutely resolute in his mission to save time.  Well, and more importantly, to save his one carved out space of time at the end of everything where he can enjoy idyllic peace.  The result, as you can hopefully tell from my above plot summary, is a novella that is really light and darkly funny, as things go from cynical humor to absolutely absurd humor as things begin to develop.

I'm trying to be vague as hell here, because any spoilers as to what happens here - and obviously things happen - might ruin some of the fun surprises this novella has in store.  Needless to say, things get complicated for our narrator, causing him to take drastic measures....measures that only get more and more amusing as we go along, and that, combined with the excellent narration here just made this novella repeatedly crack me up laughing - I finished it in about 30 minutes longer than I expected mainly because I couldn't stop at certain points from putting it down to laugh and smile.  Highly enjoyable and recommended, and the rare just plain fun comedic story that I feel is Hugo Worthy.
Poor Miffly!
This was a fantastic book.  I was hooked right from the beginning, and read it through until the end.  I do like books that are really original with unusual ideas, and this was one of those!  It might not be a book for the faint-hearted, but for those who like their scifi quirky, this is a great book.  Most of it was also pretty funny, even though it was the kind of humour that you felt that, perhaps, you really shouldn’t be laughing about this!  I think that often makes the best laughs.
It is quite hard to write this book without giving any spoilers, and I do so hate those in a review.  The blurb is refreshingly concise, and so all I can say is that our antihero decides there shouldn’t be any more wars, and sets himself up at the end of time to stop any future wars, or indeed humans.  One day he gets some visitors he really wasn’t expecting, and everything goes wrong from there.
I adored the story of what happened when he met Zoe – what a brilliant relationship!  Obviously totally suited to each other.  The book was well researched, and I did appreciate that.  I laughed or groaned throughout this book, which was beautifully written and one of the best things I have read in quite a while.  Keeping things reasonably tight, at novella length, is inspired, and the author has made every word count.  He could easily have extended this to normal book length, which I don’t think would have been an improvement.  Instead, we have a punchy, hilarious, original and fantastic book which I do not hesitate to recommend to everyone.  But, poor Miffly!
This was a fun far future romp, harking back to classic science fiction stories with a nod to Jasper fforde along the way. Not sure how long it was, but felt like a novella: a man has planted himself at the far end of time, and with his pet dinosaur guards the future...
I've been a fan of Adrian Tchaikovsky's sci-fi writing since I read his Arthur C. Clarke Award winning Children of Time, which is very "science-y" and touches on themes of what it means to be human. Once Day All This Will Be Yours is about as far from that as you can get and I love it almost as much. It's a delightful, campy, time-travel story about a hermit at the end of the Time Wars that's made it his mission to kill any other time travelers and keep his farm at the very end of time. Until he comes across a pair of time travelers from a future that shouldn't exist. It features a human-eating dinosaur, a Spy Vs. Spy-esqe murder contest, a battle royale of historical villains, and time travelers going back in time not to save humanity, but to pull pranks on the people of the past. It was a complete delight to read and my only complaint was it was over too soon. I rarely have so much fun reading a book.
The last veteran of the time wars sits at the end of Time, killing or erasing anyone who discovers time travel and makes their way to him. Then, one day, visitors arrive from the future, and everything he thinks he knows is upended. Cutesy novella; I don’t really like hugely murderous protagonists, even when “it doesn’t really matter because everything has already happened” or some variant.
4.5 stars - refreshing, dark and funny

I have received a digital ARC via Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion.

Well, this was quite the ride! Having read and thoroughly enjoyed the Children of Time series I was quite curious what the author would come up with in this novella.
And he certainly did not disappoint.

This is the story of a time war soldier at the end of time. Time has been shattered and now he is the only person left - and determined to make sure no such thing can happen again. No matter what it takes.
And that is a dirty business. Then, one day, visitors from the future show up and things do get interesting ...

It was a joy to read this dark but also darkly funny story of a man on the other side of the horrors of war. The narrator, or rather Tchaikovsky, has a way with words that is just a joy to behold. The language is rich and clever  but it always feels like it is serving a purpose, it's not just showing off the author's cleverness.

Add to this an Allosaurus (props to Tchaikovsky to not go with the all-popular T-Rex) and lots of shade for all things twee that had me chuckle quite a bit.
Also a love story that isn't.

Definitely recommended!
Funny. Mind bending. Delightful. Insightful. A time-warping novella that will have your brain trying to wrap itself around all the paradoxes of time travel and it's implications. Our time warrior who shall not be named has set himself up at the end of the Causality War to keep all other time travelers from repeating the same mistakes that have been made in the past.  This tale grabs you right from the start with humor, sarcasm and a sudden need to have an Allosaurus of your own. Miffly!!!  I thoroughly enjoyed this tale of a man who has set himself up at the end of time to safeguard the future from the past, I love a good time travel story and this has everything, trips to the past, famous people and events and twists that really stretch your brain to understand all the ramifications. I really enjoyed the humor and viewpoint of the time warrior and his dedication to what he sees as the only way forward.  Highly recommend this for anyone who loves time travel, and science fictions stories with a humorous edge that absolutely leaves you questioning your own place in time.
Started reading this book at 9pm. I finished it at 1am. I couldn't put it down. I have to be up early and it's already 1am but my the gods this book pulled me in and I didn't want it to end! What an incredible spin on story telling and time travel. I LOVE time travel and the theories around it. I can't even get into the time travel aspect of this book without leaking major spoilers all over the place. It's got everything. Enemies to lovers, awesome pets, advanced war tactics, laugh until you cry moments. Characters that you can't help but root for and timelines that somehow make sense. 10/10 fully recommend!
I wanted to like this book - I really did - because it has everything I love in it - time travel, a dinosaur, lots of wit... but it dragged on and on about "the war" and went over and over the same info so many times that I felt as if I were caught in a time trap myself - one I just wanted to get out of - but then it ended rather abruptly. Mostly I regretted that here were no characters (except the dinosaur, really) to get attached to. The  witty narrator and his Eden at the End of Time; his Russian tractors and his agro-bots, were entertaining - but the paradox and the parallel timelines and the mess that was the war ... well, we all know war is a mistake, no matter how it starts. This review is as choppy as the book. Like I said, I really wanted to love it, and because I got a free copy from NetGalley I forced myself to read it - but it wasn't my cup of tea. After seeing most of the other reviews, which raved about the book, I am glad it does please other readers because it was very clever, but it just didn't do it for this reader.