Cover Image: For the Love of Friends

For the Love of Friends

This was such a fun book! I absolutely loved Lily and was rooting for her both personally and professionally. I highly recommend this for any woman who enjoys a good laugh.
I  had a ball reading the blog posts of Lily. They were witty,full of drama and shows an evolution of the character Lily.
As you continue reading story, you will realise she is your everyday girl with a potential to write which also reflects the author's work in the story. I could see myself in Lily so much maybe because I have also asked myself the question " DO THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO WORK" when it came to organising stuff with my friends (nt kiddin).
You can sense the frustration, the envy, the longing to have someone in Lily as she tells you tales through her blogs but she also brings you back to the ground when she becomes self-aware at various moments. She certainly will seem the most mature amongst the entire crowd but you will also catch her at her foolishness in the story. Enjoy her story with Alex. I saved the best for the last.
DNF at 17% after her first blog post. Every character is so cringy, the women are all doormats, sarcastic spinsters (MC), or mean girls. And I realize the venting online aspect of the story was in the description but her post was so mean and incredibly specific even if she avoided names. Anyone can see how that’s going to end up and it just does not sound like an enjoyable journey. I didn’t even want to stick around for the romance because I didn’t like any of the characters. This book just feels unkind to women, so many negative stereotypes in one book.
As a 30-something I could very much relate to the main character Lily and the weddings all around her.  What will happen when he private thoughts and opinions on these weddings aren't so private anymore?  In the age of social media/blogging, I liked this story and it reminded me of chick-lit movies of the past.  I would recommend to those readers who like chick lit and contemporary, humorous romance.  Thanks to netgalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.

For the Love of Friends is a light, easy read with surprising maturity.

98% of this plot is entirely predictable. We all know what to expect going into a story about demanding brides and an anonymous blog... Not to mention the whole 'I'm attracted to you, but we should just be friends who talk and hang out constantly' thing. So by around the halfway point, I started to consider skipping the rest of the book - not because I wasn't enjoying it, but because I knew where it was going. I'm glad I kept reading, though. Because when everything blows up - exactly the way you know it will - Lily's reactions are so refreshing and honest. It's so nice to have a realistic response to a crazy situation - it made the whole story that much more enjoyable.

So while I'm sure you'll be able to predict what happens here, I'd still recommend For the Love of Friends. The narrative is lighthearted with unexpected warmth and a welcome perspective on some very familiar tropes.
A book about weddings? Okay, sure? A book about a 30 something bridesmaid who has FIVE weddings within the year...and just might be blogging about it? Sign me up!!
The first thing, I have to say about this book is that it is genuinely so hilarious and entertaining. Not only is Lily genuinely a crack but the comedic timing of this writing hit perfectly like the best of romcoms.
Hilarity aside, what really made me love this book was the character building and development. I feel like Confino really was able to flesh out such a wide range of characters and show so many depths and layers not only in our main character Lily but also in our Bridezillas, Mumzillas (and especially in the best character of all, Lily's grandma).

Specifically, on the character development, I think there are times when I really sympathised with our main characters and other times I really disliked Lily and yet somehow I still rooted for her to win.

Lily was written in such a real way. She felt real and she was not perfect and not in that whiny omfg how can anyone be this annoying sort of way, but in that yeah I can see myself in her sort of way. I think this is something that's actually so difficult to perfect and get right but Confino just hits the nail on the head and not just with Lily. Her characters are just such. a breath of fresh air and so simultaneously entertaining.

I love that Lily is flawed and sometimes she's oblivious to those flaws but the self-awareness DOES eventually come and it is so satisfying and gratifying to see how that translates into Lily's interpersonal relationships as well as her entire outlook on life. It serves as a keen reminder that a little introspection can do you a world of good.

This is a women's fiction book so i wasn't really expecting romance but i was pleasantly surprised to see it present and beautifully executed (although no steamy scenes..this is not that kind of book). I think if this had been marketed as a romance i'd have had expectations of this story that it was never going to meet, because that's simply not what this is. But having the romance sneak up on me so suddenly was such a delight ( and if the author ever did foray into the art of romcom writing i would be the first in line to read!)

Ultimately i really adored this book. Its all the more amazing because i wasn't expecting to and it all sort of snuck up on me.n This book feels like a Norah Ephron romcom, just funny and fun and something to turn to on cozy nights at home.l
Lily Weiss is thirty two, single, and a professional bridesmaid because she is a bridesmaid five times in a couple months! She starts to give so much of herself to others that she starts to lose herself. She doesn't like her job either so she starts a wedding blog! I really liked this aspect of the book!

I absolutely loved the writing style and I thought this was such a cute story! It's a great summer read for wedding season.

Thank you Net Galley for this free e-ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review!
Such a fun book- bridezilla and bridesmania antics times five! This was a fast paced whirlwind that I couldn’t put down. I love the timely blog component of it and although it is easy to guess what might happen, it was well done and thoroughly enjoyed
Wow! What a book that I honestly wanted to enjoy but it was to much. To much candy cane for me.
The story line was all about weddings I didn’t expect it to be only that.
Lily agrees to be bridesmaid in five weddings over six weeks - to her boss Caryn, college roommate Sharon, her friend Megan, her brother Jake, and her sister Amy. As the expenses mount and time management pressures take a toll, Lily starts anonymously blogging about her experiences and frustrations as a bridesmaid, from Caryn’s catty friends and an awkward end to Megan’s engagement party to Sharon’s overbearing mother and sibling rivalry.
This debut novel offers one of the better examples of a wedding-related story. Lily was a fun character to follow as you waited for her public venting to get her in strife. I am looking forward to what the author does next.
"For The Love of Friends": 4⭐

(Thank you to @netgalley, @saragoodmanconfino and the publishers for allowing me to read this eArc copy in exchange for a review.)

What a snarky, most fun book to read! A new perspective on romance and womanhood that I absolutely adored!

Reading through the main character's perspective was absolutely stunning, so much fun and smart! The author has this really cute and adorable fluid writing which makes you crave for more!
Lily Weiss is going through a complicated situation. She’s the bridesmaid of five weddings - including her younger sister’s. In addition to feeling the pressure of being single and 32, without having a date to accompany her, she’s also forced to face several absurdities from the other bridesmaids and family members involved. To survive this, she starts an anonymous blog where she tells about the plans, and exercises her true passion: writing.

In the midst of so much frustration, she gets drunk and wakes up the next morning with an unidentified man beside her in bed. Nervous with herself, she runs out of room, doesn't even look at him and begs the bride not to tell her anything about the night before. She hates one of the groomsmen and believes it was him. Meanwhile, she ends up getting very close to Alex, another groomsman, and little by little this feeling becomes something more than just friendship.

I had so much fun reading this book! It was funny to imagine all this happening in real life. It's horrible to think that this pressure really exists, and that so many bridesmaids feel obliged to put up with such humiliating comments just out of respect for the bride.

It's a great book for anyone who enjoys conflicts between friends and family. Regarding the couple, the slow burn is real. Every time I thought something was finally going to happen, the subject changed and went back to wedding planning. But the ending doesn’t disappoint… And I felt like yelling out loud: I KNEW IT!

* I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Thanks to Lake Union and Netgalley for the gifted copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

This was such a fun and scandalous story.  Who can't relate at one time in their lives being caught in the middle of people behaving badly? Lily is 32 and single and gets asked to be in 5 weddings in one summer.  Getting caught up in all the drama and fed up, she starts writing an anonymous blog on the internet.

Of course, it does not stay anonymous!  I thoroughly enjoyed this one and could relate to some of the people being jerks just because they were getting married.
What a wonderful book full of sass and humor! I had a heyday with Lily Weiss (the MC) and I had love and at times intense dislike for her. I was up and down with her like some friends in real life. I can't even imagine being a bridesmaid to five brides within two months! Especially when they're not the calmest of brides. In fact, I'd put them in the Bridezilla category. To make things worse she is 32 and single. Her mother isn't all too happy about that. Lily has an outlet when she develops a blog where she can let out some frustration and the jokes are hilarious. I loved this one.

I''d like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for an e-ARC of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.

#FortheLoveofFriends #NetGalley
This is like a train wreck you can't stop watching. You know - <i>you just know</i> - this is going to end badly, in a raging ball of fire, but you can't look away.

I loved the writing. I found each wedding, each juggle and each thought and/or conversation felt realistic and easy to read. I thought Lily was easy to like and feel bad for but also cringe when she made realistic human mistakes. I loved her sassy side but that she also chose to tone it down for the love of her friends and family.

The Bridezillas were a nightmare and easy to imagine being very, very real. I liked the friendship that grew during the story and also all the ups and down. Such a fun story, I loved it!

<i>A huge thank you to the author and publisher for providing an e-ARC via Netgalley. This does not affect my opinion regarding the book.</i>
This book was hilarious! I loved it.

This is written from the perspective of the bridesmaid, for not 1 but 5 weddings all within weeks of each other! It had everything I could have wanted for a witty light hearted read and it was great.

I absolutely loved Sara’s writing style, she captured the main character so well. She was witty and had a great dry sense of humour, which made her character endearing despite her hatred of her fellow bridesmaids and the demands made!

I adored the crazy relatives - particularly Grandma and her constant reference to Lily as Joan. 🤣 The other guests and the usual arguments over hen dos and dresses, were so relatable - it was great! It was a really light and fun read, I’m sure everyone will love it!

An easy 5 stars!
Such a fun summer read. The second I read the synopsis, I knew that I would most likely love this and I thankfully, was not disappointed! This was so genuine and funny. I loved it.
If you’re in the mood for a light, fun summer read, look no further than For the Love of Friends. Full of laugh-out-loud moments, I found this book to be very enjoyable. Anyone who has ever been a bridesmaid will relate to some of the things that Lily experiences when she is tapped to be a bridesmaid in not one, but five weddings that all take place in a six week period!
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗹𝗼𝘁
-Lily is a 32-year-old woman who finds herself agreeing to be a bridesmaid in 5 weddings in six weeks.

-Her brides are her sister, future sister-in-law, best friend, college roommate, and co-worker who all want 5 very different weddings.

-Lily's salary isn't enough to keep up with the rapidly mounting expenses of paying for 5 dresses, bridal showers, gifts, bachelorette parties, and travel.

-Desperate for a way to make some extra income, she starts an anonymous "Bridemania" blog and vents about the outrageous demands made by nasty bridesmaids, demanding mother, feisty Grandma, and the scariest MOB-zillas ever.

-One bright spot during her hectic life is a developing friendship with a handsome groomsman Alex, who leaves her notes at her favorite Starbucks.

☕𝗜 𝗧𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁
-Raise your hand if you've ever been promised a bridesmaid dress "you'll definitely be able to wear again." Imagine five dress fittings in six weeks!

-This charming debut novel had several laugh-out-loud moments as Lily navigates her way through one wedding planning nightmare after another while her friends turn into Bridezillas.

-Lily's lack of judgment when writing her blog was a tad cringe-worthy, but I chalk it up to temporary insanity from dealing with extreme bridesmaid stress.

-Even after all the zany situations she was dealing with (some self-inflicted), I was impressed that Lily really had her bride's best interests at heart and was there for them.

-If you enjoy sweet stories and a few tears about friendship, self-discovery, slow-burn romances, making amends, saying yes to the dress, and lots of funny moments, pick up this book!
Snarky & fun!

This is for all your former bridesmaids who’ve known what it’s like to deal with bridezillas, momzillas, and the cost of weddings!