Cover Image: For the Love of Friends

For the Love of Friends

For The Love of Friends was an absolute joy for me to read. It is the story of Lily, a single woman in her 30s who is in 5 weddings in 6 weeks and is ready to lose her mind. To deal with all of the pressure she is feeling - not having enough money to pay for everything, attending all of the events, the body shaming, dealing with mean girls in the wedding parties and the bridezillas and dealing with her own family dynamics, she vents through a blog detailing her adventures. Let me tell you, this book is hilarious. Laugh out loud, snort your coffee entertainment. The brides, mothers and bridal parties are all so over the top in a hysterical way and yet Lily remains so relatable. She has the best snarky one-liners as comebacks and her frustrations, anxiety and stress are all on point and make her so likable instead of making her sound like a whiner. And I have to say that the romance that takes place via notes on Starbucks cups is just so swoonworthy. This book is the perfect summer escape that I didn’t want to end.
I laughed so much reading this. It felt like Bridesmaids meets 27 Dresses, with extra sarcasm. Which is perfect! I look forward to reading more books by Sara.
Thanks to netgalley for a copy of this book.

LOVED it!

Plenty of detail about weddings and everything that goes into them: the good, the bad and the ugly. Friendships, all their strengths and weaknesses. Family, the hilarity and heartbreak they bring. Relationships, the exciting first throes and the devastating blows.

I don't like to give spoilers away in reviews so I'll leave it at this:
A romcommy chick-litty dream, which made me laugh and gasp in equal measure.
This was a cute book with a friends-to-lovers romance that had me cackling at times. I’ve never been a bridesmaid and I was a very relaxed bride, so these women had me like WTF the whole time. It was honestly so frustrating to see Lily sit back and take a lot of the crap she did. The only bride that wasn’t completely awful was Madison.

I loved Lily. She was a great friend but I just wanted her to stand up for herself! Her blog posts had me dying laughing.

I wasn’t a huge fan of how some of the ending played out and how Lily was portrayed but after reading other reviews, I seem to be in the minority there.
This book was so much fun. Confino has a great sense of humor and it carries to the page beautifully.

Thirty-two and single, Lily suddenly finds herself as a bridesmaid in five different weddings within a two month period. In order to get through the terror of bridezilla, terrible bridesmaids, and infuriating mothers-of-the-bride, Lily starts up an anonymous blog titled Bridesmania, where she writes honestly about her experiences being in five weddings, while simultaneously tearing apart her friends and their friends and family.

Through a common lesson in today’s world, Lily learns that nothing on the internet is truly anonymous. She hurts those closest to her and ends up losing quite a few people she thought would always be by her side.

But what Lily never planned on was falling in love. In fact, she had gone out of her way to avoid it. But when does that ever work out well?

Lily’s blog is humorous, and while it’s cruel, it’s also honest. No one should have to be in five weddings in two months, no matter how much you love weddings. And also? Asking people to change their appearance for your wedding is absolutely horrific.

I highly recommend grabbing a copy of this book. You’ll be laughing throughout the entire thing. The grandmother is WONDERFUL, too.
I am now sold on anything Sara wants to write after reading For the Love of Friends. I laughed out loud several times and the story is brilliantly written in that the MC, Lily, feels relatable and quirky. I definitely wanted to tell her "noooooo" while simultaneously eating popcorn as she gets into scrape after scrape.
Lily agrees to be in not one but five weddings in a short period of time. Some are under obligations - both younger siblings and her boss - and a couple are for dear friends. A drunken mistake leads to the traditional walk of shame, compounding the stress of navigating and supporting the five brides. In order to pay for her portion of the celebrations, she decides to start an anonymous blog where she occasionally exaggerates and uses as an outlet for both the fun and traumatizing moments leading up to the weddings. In the meantime, she's avoiding her drunken mistake and leaning on her blossoming friendship with Alex.
The levity is outstanding. I can easily see a re-read of this book in the future if only to laugh at the crazy antics and unexpected troubles Lily gets into.
Thank you to Lake Union Publishing and NetGalley for the advanced copy. All thoughts in this review are my own.
For the Love of Friends by Sara Goodman Confino ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/4 !!

i get 27 dresses vibes!!! Lily is a reliable friend who has been a bridesmaid 5 times in 6 weeks!!! she’s basically a professional bridesmaid! And she created an anonymous wedding blog?!?!? literally my favorite components in a book… a huge secret and a protagonist that loves her family! I really liked Lily! Sometimes I thought she was a little immature but then I realized she’s 32 and i think she’s allowed to be a little immature. I really liked the blogs too!!! And the writing style is probably one of the best i’ve read in a while!!!! My favorite part was the family aspect in this book. Lily loves her dad and siblings so much it is heartwarming!
This book hilarious. I found the main character, Lily to be so relatable. Going through her ups and downs of navigating post college life of being wedding after wedding. So Lily writes a blog about her experiences and boy are some of the stories funny. I loved it. It reminded me of The secret Bridesmaid which was a 5 star read for me. Loved the sweetness of this love story.
⫷ The ARC copy of this book was provided by NetGalley and Lake Union Publishing in exchange of an honest review ⫸

✔ Friends to Lovers
✔ Divorced H
✔ Bridesmaid or Maid of honor of five weddings

Anyway, it was okay? The characters were awful honestly. I only liked grandma, Lily's sister-in-law and Becca I guess. Either way at least it wasn't an awful read. I really wanted an epilogue with some future contents. Why don't authors write that? Gah! The writing was alright. I just don't know why should I actually like or root for the couple? Because the whole book was about Lily and her journey of being a bridesmaid. Not much of a character building or romance between the lead couple. Overall, it was a tolerable read.

Trigger Warning : Body shaming.
For The Love of Friends by Sarah Goodman Confino was a laugh out loud funny book about a girl, Lily, who is in her early 30s. Lily is trying to figure her life out and while doing so finds herself being a bridesmaid in five weddings in one year. Basically the end result for Lily is deciding to run a blog detailing all of the weddings and wedding parties to help her pay for everything. Imagine 27 dresses meets gossip girl and you have a somewhat good idea on what to expect when you pick this book up.

This was one of the most fun books I’ve read this year. The story and writing were refreshing, the funny moments are well delivered, the tense moments are believable, and there are some really emotional and heart warming moments near the end too! PLUS there’s a super flirty slow burn relationship that i was absolutely melting for from the start.

This book has everything you need in a good old fashioned romcom.
Thirty two and single, Lily Weiss ends up committing to serving as a bridesmaid in five weddings in six weeks for three of her best friends and her two younger siblings.  When all the party planning, favor making, dress fittings, and expenses start to add up and wear out her nerves, Lily starts an anonymous blog detailing the hilarity of it all.  Her blog’s following continues to grows until Buzzfeed picks it up and suddenly Lily is exposed.  As the brides and their families are horrified at Lily’s descriptions of them and the events leading up to their big days, Lily is left isolated and alone.  Can she make amends and recover some of her life?

Smart, funny and realistic, For The Love of Friends is one of, if not the best Rom-Com I’ve read this year.  It deals with real issues like body size shamming and different income levels in such a humorous but compassionate way.  Lily isn’t the perfect heroine, claiming she did nothing wrong, but rather owns up to her choices and the resulting fallout.  Excellent must read in my opinion!
Humor, fun and such a feel good book!  I adored this book and recommend it to to those that need a relatable, laugh out loud read! Sara Confino is on my radar big time!
As someone in my late 20s, it was a really nice change to read a book focused on a 32 year old, single female, who, when she ended up being asked to be part of 5 weddings, started an anonymous blog all about it.

This was fun, summery, refreshing read, and just what I needed to distract me from real life!
When you are in search of something fresh, funny and relaxing, what better than a book about a young woman living her single life through weddings? And what about a fascinating blog that reaches people in a way that not so many are able to?
This is the kind of book that you would put into your bag when travelling: very easy to read but also very difficult to put away.
I really loved reading it! Definitely perfect for those who are willing to read something easy while oh holiday.
I may be an old married woman (anniversary #17 is coming up this December) but that didn't stop me from adoring this book about weddings!

Lily is 32 and single (her Jewish mother's worst nightmare!) when she finds herself a bridesmaid in five different weddings over the course of six weeks. (That two of them are for her much younger brother and sister makes it that much more painful.) With her friends and family going wedding crazy, Lily needs a place to let it all out so she starts an anonymous blog called "Bridesmania" where she vents about all of the ridiculousness she experiences. And there's a whole lot of it - her hook up with a groomsman whose name she doesn't know, a request to change her hair color to match the other bridesmaids, a bill for thousands of dollars for a bachelorette party she can't even attend and playing babysitter for her grandmother who has no filter and likes to be naked is just a small glimpse at the indignities she's forced to endure.

Confino's writing is sharp and funny but also has a lot of heart. Some people may think the brides (and other bridesmaids and mothers of the brides) in this book are over the top but I know women just like them and while Lily's snarky online posts may seem mean, I can see why she needed an outlet. And, despite her frustration, Lily is always their strongest ally even when some of her friends didn't deserve her.

I just recommended 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗦 to someone by calling it the book equivalent of Bravo show about bridesmaids you'll laugh, you'll cringe and you'll want to binge it in one sitting. 4.5 stars

Thanks to the author, NetGalley and Lake Union Publishing for a copy to review.
I’ve never been a bridesmaid, but I have my big wedding in just over a month, and let me tell you: reading For the Love of Friends amid final preparations and planning was a wild but enjoyable experience.
The story follows Lily, a single (much to her mother’s chagrin) thirty-two-year-old surrounded by happy couples getting engaged and married—five to be exact. And she’s a bridesmaid in every one of the weddings, which all happen to fall within the same six-week period. It’s enough to stress to make anyone snap. So, since she’s a talented writer, she starts an anonymous blog as a place to vent.
Between the high-strung brides, moms from hell, constant body shaming, and her dwindling bank account, Bridesmania helps her prevent a nervous breakdown. And Alex, a sweet groomsman from one of the weddings who has become a confidant, doesn’t hurt on that front either. But as the brides get crazier and crazier, the blog gains more and more popularity, threatening not only her anonymity but her relationships with her friends and family and her potential relationship with Alex.
I loved this book. From the blurb, I was a little afraid that the romance element would be scarce, but Sarah Goodman Confino perfectly blends the story of Lily and her five weddings with a romance. The slow-burn friends-to-lovers romance was perfect. I loved how it allowed there to be equal focus on the chaos of the five weddings and the conflict Lily’s blog ends up creating. I also just loved Alex. He’s sweet, supportive, and charming in an adorably quirky way.
The side characters were so much fun, especially the cooky grandma and Lily’s dad. As a Marylander, I loved all of the little references to the area, and it made the book feel all that much more immersive. Overall, For the Love of Friends was a fun and easy read I didn’t want to put down. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for Sara Goodman Confino’s writing in the future.

Thank you, NetGalley and Lake Union Publishing, for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Sara Goodman Confino has crafted a hilarious and highly relatable story of romance, friendship, and the extreme lengths that one woman will go to in order to keep sane while serving as a bridesmaid in 5 weddings over 6 weeks.

Utilizing all of the classic tropes that make romcoms so fun, Confino keeps the narrative remarkably down to earth as her protagonist Lily deals with changing friendships, dating drama, and parental prodding to finally settle down. The dialogue is snappy, the characters are well-defined, and the lessons about life and love are incredibly poignant.

What I appreciated most about this book was that Confino did not shy away from having her characters face real consequences for their actions rather than have everything wrapped up in a neat little bow. The only thing that I could find to complain about was that it does run just a bit too long for me. If you are a romance reader and don't have this on your anticipated list, get on it!

Thank you to NetGalley and Lake Union Publishing for an ARC of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review!
I basically devoured this book over two reading sessions. It's such an adorable and well-written story that I had no problem flying through it, waiting to see what antics our MC, Lily Weiss, was going to get herself caught up in.

As a thirtysomething-year-old woman, I really appreciated the MC's age and perspective. She still remembers fondly her twenties but knows she's kind of past them, although she can still enjoy all the flirting and flare without feeling like she's a hundred years old. She's young, she's fabulous, she's quirky—I absolutely loved her.

Was the plot mildly predictable? Of course. Did I love the book any less for it? Absolutely not. Despite knowing the trouble Lily is likely to get into down the line when she starts blogging about her friends' weddings, you just want to sit back with a bowl of popcorn and watch it all go down—and you are not disappointed.

The author does such a great job of distinguishing the character's voices while centering Lily's. She's witty and fun, the banter is exceptional, the girl drama cringe-y in the best way (I mean, come on...five weddings?! You know there's going to be drama!). A great read for the end of summer!
I absolutely loved this. This is a book which totally lived up to the blurb, for me. Lily is bridesmaid in 5 weddings over the summer and she finds it all a bit much. She starts a blog and it goes viral! It’s a very American concept which I feel is totally different to the UK. But this didn’t make me love it any less. 5 stars without a doubt.
Would 100% make an excellent film or series!
Warning: Conflicting thoughts on the way. I am nor much fan of betraying my best friends over some boys or for anything in the case. So when I saw Lily betrayed the trust of the five brides (sister, sister-in-law, lifelong friend, college roommate, and work best friend) it was a complete gone case for me.  But sometimes we are supposed to do in the situation we do it for our survival.