Cover Image: Vegan Boards

Vegan Boards

So many great and tasty recipes to try in this book. Love the illustrations as well. Really makes you want to tuck into all of them.
Vegan Boards is a gorgeous aspirational cookbook. I can’t imagine any friends, much less myself, who would go to the bother of arranging everything so beautifully. But the author certainly does make absolutely gorgeous displays, full of delicious looking vegan food. This is one of what I often call “Whole Foods cookbooks” wherein the ingredients tend to be fancy and expensive, and recipes look beautiful as well as delicious, but require extra work for preparation and presentation. Also, this isn’t exactly a health food cookbook. The author leans pretty heavily on processed vegan foods, especially vegan cheeses. Probably delicious, but certainly expensive, and not really very healthful.

The concepts for buffet style themed meals and snacks is always fun. So while I might not go to the effort of assembling a board, a breakfast burrito spread sounds both fun and delicious. So does a teriyaki cabbage wraps board or a loaded sweet potato fries board. Sweet potato breakfast bowls was something I’d never thought of before, but sounds like a great idea. I also liked the family movie night board and the loaded vegan chili board.

I did appreciate the recipes included for the various dishes called for in on some of the boards. Caramelized onion dip, cauliflower lentil balls, chickpea salad sandwiches, edamame mint dip, crispy spiced chickpeas, lemon artichoke dip, maple and date sweet potato dip, miso roasted Brussel sprouts, pistachio cabbage slaw, sweet potato brownie bowls, savory dill popcorn, and especially frosted cranberries all sound like they have potential to be delicious and certainly worth trying, whether as part of a fancy board, a regular meal, or just as stand alone snack.

Overall, I’m more likely to just try a few of the recipes from the small section in the back of the book, than to actually assemble any of the board. And then to otherwise just admire the pictures before returning the library book, or in this case, digital advanced copy. Thank you to #NetGalley and Quarto/ Harvard Common Press for sharing this pretty, if overly ambitious cookbook, #VeganBoards with me in exchange for an honest review.
Yes, please! I don't think I own big enough boards to present some of these spreads in as gorgeous a fashion as the photographs in this book, but I can use these combinations in other presentations. I will say that breakfast in bed will now look very different in my household!
Vegan Boards is a book with lots of inspiration. I liked how the layout was with various sections, such as breakfast & brunch, meal boards, seasonal and celebration boards, fruit & dessert boards, and so on. The photographs are also really amazing.
Beautiful cookbook or well I guess board book about making beautiful spreads, with great ideas and yummy combinations.
Great book, stunningly done and such a treat for any one needing some inspiration!
Filled with stunning photography and crave-worthy ideas, this book made me drool! Over the past few years, I thought I'd become proficient creating my own vegan charcuterie boards, but this book gave me SO MANY NEW IDEAS!

I'm definitely buying a copy soon. As many vegan cookbooks as I own, VEGAN BOARDS is like nothing I have in my collection.

Thank you #netgalley for the review copy!
“Vegan Boards” by Kate Kasbee is downright gorgeous!  I cannot wait to own this and have it displayed in my kitchen.  The sections of the book are very well organized.  I was very happy to see drink/juice boards included as well; I would have never thought of that.  In the introduction, the author helps the reader get organized beforehand by providing them with a list of all of the essential bowls and utensils that will be needed to create the perfect board(s).  She also lists some non-essential items that are not necessary, but will help the reader take full advantage of the boards they create.  One of the most essential things to include in a cookbook (I don’t know if this is a cookbook per se, but I don’t know what else to call it) is beautiful pictures to accompany the “recipes” – and this book did not disappoint!  The pictures of the boards were stunning and the boards were perfectly styled making it very easy to copy at home.  These are all plant-based recipes, I didn't think something like this was possible, but I'm so glad it is.  I was thrilled to look through this book and I can’t wait to get a copy for myself!

* Please note: I was given an ARC of this book for my honest opinion.
The beautiful, colourful photos make all the boards very appealing in this stunning book. There are fifty boards altogether, so plenty to choose from. A wonderful step-by-step guide with lots of ideas and inspiration. Thank you to Kate Kasbee, Net Galley and Harvard Common Press for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Vegan Boards provides all the recipes and instructions to create 50 stunning plant-based boards. There is a beautiful picture for each one and step by step instructions are given.  These are simple and easy to follow.  Considering how easy they are to put together the results are stunning.  Most board based recipe books are filled with meats and cheese so having one plant based is excellent.  The best thing is the mouth watering photographs and just these alone will convince you to have a go.
Vegan Boards by Kate Kasbee
50 Gorgeous Plant-Based Snack, Meal & Dessert Boards for All Occasions

Mouth-watering photos of beautiful, colorful, delicious looking food with ideas for festive and everyday meals, snacks and desserts made this book one I wanted to return to repeatedly. When I had children at home this book would have been marvelous because I could have put out all of the items everyone in the family liked and then let them build their own meals. I did that in a different way using pots and pans but the idea and look of “boards” is much more festive. I also would like to try this once the pandemic is behind me and I have friends coming to visit again. I have a feeling I might be making a visit to the carpenter for “boards” in round and rectangular shapes just to have them and enjoy using them to serve family and friends on!

Words I wrote down while reading:
* pretty
* colorful
* festive
* fun
* kind of like a mini buffet on a board
* anything goes
* would love to try more than one of these in the future
* had never thought of pasta in buffet/board style
* any meal you serve with condiments could be board-ized
* Great idea to have the recipes collected at the back of the book
* lovely index
* Would love to have this book

Thank you to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing – Harvard Common Press for the ARC – This is my honest review.

5 Stars
# Veganboards, is a feast of a book. The photographs are beautiful and the presentation of the variety of bounty of various foods, fruits and herbs on the boards will inspire you to try to make your own board for your family and your loved ones. For those like me, that are challenged when it comes to figure out what to serve and how to serve the food in such delectable way, this is such a great reference guide.

The author, Kate Kasbee, has written this amazing books, with easy to put together  very nourishing food/entertainment boards and simple recipes to make and for convenience some item to just buy. She provides several boards, from breakfast boards, such as sweet and savory to game night and such as meditarrean board, coconut curry and even just a grazing boards, and even a New Years celebration board.

This book is a vegan book, however even  if you are not vegan you can add meat items to your board or you can add some nice vegetarian options for your family and  friends and present it to then in such a deliciously beautiful  way. I am a hundred percent sure that you will impress your family and guest alike.

I highly recommend this yummy book!! Thanks to #NetGalley and the publisher Quarto Publishing  Group- Harvard Common Press for providing me with a temporary ARC.
Vegan Boards is a style guide with recipes for beautifully presented plant based spreads by Kate Kasbee. Due out 2nd March 2021 from Quarto on their Harvard Common Press imprint, it's 160 pages and will be available in hardcover and ebook formats.

Sharing food with friends and family is a fundamental visceral pleasure. Doing so around a beautifully prepared and appetizing board is sublime. Although we can't assemble in large groups (because of the pandemic), these intimate spreads are perfect for cozy tête-à-têtes or even making a special effort dining alone.

The introduction covers the basics of building a board including the board itself (not necessarily wooden), bowls, serving utensils, and food considerations. The board setups are arranged thematically: breakfast & brunch boards, grazing at home, meal boards, seasonal & celebration boards, and fruit & dessert boards. The following section of the book contains the recipes used in the boards. Recipe ingredients are listed in a bullet-style sidebar. Measurements are in American standard with most metric measures in parentheses (yay!) followed by step by step instructions. Boards using the recipes are listed in the header. The book doesn't include nutritional information. The recipes are pictured with the finished boards and the pictures are beautifully clear and colorful. Many of the recipes do use prepackaged ingredients and condiments for convenience. The author says clearly that readers who prefer to make items from scratch should do so ("more power to you") but that she includes them for readers who want to save time in the kitchen.

The dishes and boards here aren't *fancy* but they really *feel* special because of the presentation. I liked everything about this book, from the plant based dishes, to the presentation, the clearly written recipes, and the beautiful photography and food styling. Five stars.

Thank you, Netgalley, for a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my review! This review reflects my honest and unbiased opinion!

Wow, this book made me drool, y'all!!!! All these giant photos of the boards, arranged in a manner that the boards are colorful and make you want to dive in right away. There are boards for every occasion and taste. You find breakfast in bed boards, Asian bowl boards, a Taco Tuesday board, Built Your Own Sloppy Joe board, and many, many more vegan boards that will appeal even to the toughest meat lover! So, here is my recommendation: do not read this book when you are hungry! Chances are that you will raid your fridge :-)

Great book!
🥗
This is a gorgeous book with the most mouth-watering color photos. You’ll learn how to make 50 plant-based boards, each more scrumptious than the next.

🥗
Easy-to-follow photographed steps are included, making these a breeze to fix. Author Kate Kasbee, co-creator of the famed blog Well Vegan, offers something for everyone for breakfast, brunch, snacks, full meals, and parties. A tasty treasure!

5 of 5 Stars
Pub Date 02 Mar 2021
#VeganBoards #NetGalley

🥗
Thanks to the author, Quarto Publishing Group – Harvard Common Press, and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinions are mine.
This is a gorgeous book that does much more than give ideas for vegan boards. It includes recipes and tips for putting everything together, whether as a board, a buffet, or just a weekday family meal. It also helps tremendously in the "what's for dinner" department by creating meals that can be customized to individual tastes. Great addition if you have spent the past year cooking and are fresh out of creativity in the kitchen!
I absolutely loved this fun cookbook! It is full of the loveliest boards and all recipes and suggestions are vegan-friendly. There are ideas for main meals in addition to the expected sweets and snacks. I can't wait to make these boards when I host meals or have guests over; this would also be perfect for families (I imagine children love eating when food is presented this way).

I look forward to making the Chia Pudding Parfait Board, Family Movie Night Board, Taco Bowl Tuesday Board, Game Day Cauliflower Wings Board, and Watermelon Pizza Board.

Thank you, Quarto Publishing Group and NetGalley, for a digital ARC!
This book is everything! These is literally a board for every occasion. You really never see ideas for vegan boards, so this was definitely one of a kind and much needed. I would 100% recommend this to everyone, vegan or not!
I loved this book! The boards were diverse and interesting, so you didn't get bored. I also was worried when I picked it up that some of the recipes would be too fussy, or not realistic to put together for the average group, but I found it fairly accessible. The photography they used was beautiful as well.
I really liked how various these charcuterie set ups were. Also the fact that not only is it options for making boards like it thought but there are also recipes to make the items on each board. Definitely want to try making the mini pies with strawberry chia filling for dessert sometime soon!
I will not be recommending Vegan Boards to be adopted into the curriculum, but could possibly see this in a classroom library.

Vegan Boards by Kate Kasbee is phenomenal. The photographs, the creativity of the boards, and the recipes at the end have created a need in me to create and use boards for my food. As someone with many food allergies/intolerances, this book blew me away. I am truly so excited to get a copy of this book when it's published to create my boards and to share Vegan Boards with everyone I know, vegan or not.