Cover Image: The Montessori Baby

The Montessori Baby

I was very excited when I saw that the author The Montessori Toddler was coming out with a baby version! While I don't have kids of my own yet, it's nice to read up beforehand and get ideas about how I want to raise my future children. I like that the book is user-friendly and formatted in an esthetically pleasing way. Great information and I can't wait to put it to use one day!
This book is a very helpful and comprehensive look into how to use Montessori principles with the very youngest of children! It contains all you need to know to get started, giving theoretical, emotional, and concrete physical information behind everything.
This book will tell you all you need to know about raising a child with the montessori themes in mind! It's a one stop shop! After reading this book I didn't need to look anywhere else for information on this topic! Usually as an expecting parent you want to read all that you can, but this book truly encompasses it all!
This book is a good introduction to parenting and caring for a baby in the Montessori way. It is a practical book for new parents and caregivers, while providing new insight and ideas for others (seasoned parents and caregivers). It has theory, explanation, examples, and useful ideas for each aspect of caring for a baby. The book is well-organized, easy to read and utilize. There are lists, tables, and practical exercises that provide quick reference for understanding and referring back to later. The layout follows the growth and development of babies, so readers can start at the beginning and read as much or little as is needed at the time, if they are not able to read it completely through. Recommendations for other books are placed in the sections where they will be helpful and applicable.
This book was a great introduction on how to use Montessori with your babies, and even earlier and is full of information on concepts, activities, and ways to set up your home to raise your children from birth in a Montessori way. This book makes it seem not overwhelming at all and I enjoyed that it included interviews and pictures of homes around the world set up in different ways.

The book is organized with different concepts and then by age and is something that I can see myself going back to in the future.
Davies' Montessori Toddler book is one of my favorite parenting resources. Her new title, The Montessori Baby, also delights. Parents will find this a helpful resource no matter where they are at in their Montessori journey.
Fully of very useful tips and advice for parents of toddlers and young kids. This was also delivered during the perfect time as my tot is now home 24/7 and really needs to be learning and growing throughout this stage.
I enjoyed this book and getting to focus on some tips and training for when I have a baby of my own. I don’t have one yet but it felt great to prepare for the future. Great read!

Thanks to Workman Publishing Company & Netgalley for a copy to honestly review.
I loved this beautiful book about Montessori for infants. I'm a Montessori teacher and I often recommend the author's first book, The Montessori Toddler, to parents of children in my class and friends who are parents. The Montessori Baby is a lovely prequel and will be a wonderful and accessible resource for parents interested in using the Montessori method from birth. I'll be publishing a review on my website Multilingual Montessori (multilingualmontessori.org) when the book is published in May!
I selected this book – which I received free from Netgalley – for two main reasons. First, I have a long-standing interest in education, especially early childhood education. Second, I had already read and enjoyed The Montessori Toddler by Simone Davies and wanted to see how she expanded these ideas to the first year of life. The Montessori approach has been of significant interest for me in the past and though I don’t necessarily agree with everything this theory teaches, it does have some points of interest in the way that it lets the child focus on one thing at a time and in how it teaches the parent(s) or guardian(s) to take care of themselves as well. I’m also a big fan of the slower and less harried pace taken in this approach, especially in the early years. Parents are so often told that they have to cram so much into the first few years – there are books galore out there about how to make your child a chess champion or teach your one-year-old how to read ☹ - that it can be easy to forget that children are people too and need to take things at their own pace.
So, was this a worthy addition to the extensive collection of Montessori books currently on the market? I believe so, it was well written, easy to understand, and outlined both the basics of the theory and its practical application. Davies and Uzodike did an excellent job covering the core of what a parent would need to know to implement Dr. Montessori’s work as well as including adaptions for parents and children in more unique situations. Definitely worth a look if you are considering adding any Montessori elements  to your parenting.
It's a very informative book and I'm enjoying reading it Ir tells you how to prepare your home for the newborn and then toddler, some montessori activities for babies, talks about gross motor development, and how to put  the montessori method in practice. A great companion for new parents. I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review
The Montessori Baby is a great guide for implementing age-appropriate Montessori principles with babies. It's a great way to raise little ones in a gentle and nurturing way and connect better as babies are learning to communicate.
Many thanks to Workman Publishing Company and NetGalley for the advance copy.
I really enjoyed reading the Montessori baby. I was really able to take some of the reccomendations that were given and watched right before my eyes my 1 year old son grow and learn. We have since cut down screen time and he now does very well playing independently and have been able to minimize toys and have base toys that can be used in many ways. Something I initially had a hard time doing was talking and asking my for my child's consent to change his diaper but I was amazed to see how much more of a bond we made. I am going to be getting this in a hard copy as well as the Montessori toddler which my sister reccomended to me over a year ago and I see myself also giving this as a baby shower gift!
I've been intrigued by the Montessori method and this book was clear and very informative. I love the fact that's not only theory, but it gives practical tips as well! I find that this book will be such a great resource to new mamas or soon-to-be-mom, even if they're not going to practise this method 100%.
This is an absolutely beautiful book. I loved the Montessori Toddler, so I was thrilled to read this new book for babies. It is full of fantastic ideas, advice, and tips all through the Montessori education method to help the development of a baby. This is a treasure for all families. Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy.
I'm not a baby mama yet, but I was eager to read this book as a way of preparing to become one. It gave me so much peace of mind, joy and inspiration!

I've always found the Montessori principles intriguing but ambiguous, so this book made them very clear and straightforward for me. It's actually really comprehensive. The book starts by laying out what the Montessori education is in detail, followed by a chronological guide from conception to the baby's first six weeks of life (perfect for a mama still in preparation!). This rich guide also contains information on how to prepare your home, how to think of yourself as a parent, and finally the juiciest part - the activities for babies as they grown, from language to movement, music and more. It's packed with practical tips.

In other words, this book had everything I needed to know (and didn't even know it) before I even started to try for a baby!

What's more, they layout and graphics are great and easy to read. Even better - not too complicated to apply.

*Thank you to the Publisher for a free advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.