Cover Image: The "I Love My Instant Pot®" 5-Ingredient Recipe Book

The "I Love My Instant Pot®" 5-Ingredient Recipe Book

This is a superb and simple Instant Pot cookbook. There are tons of recipe categories including the usually neglected sides and appetizers. Main dishes split by protein type which I loved for easy recipe finding.

With only 5 ingredients, excluding salt, pepper and a fat, the recipes are easier than most other books. My only critique is the lack of pictures at about 20% of the recipes.

Thank you Adam's Media and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I have been looking for a good recipe book to utilize my Instant Pot  especially on days where I work late but want to give my family a wholesome home cooked meal. I especially loved the Blueberry Oat Muffins they were super easy to make and delicious!
An Instant Pot can be an intimidating appliance for new owners. This cookbook breaks down the basics of cooking with your appliance, and the five-ingredient recipes make it easy to get started. From peanut butter and banana oatmeal to tomato basil soup, there's something here for every appetite. I would have liked more pictures (I prefer a cookbook with a photo for every recipe), but this is an approachable introduction to the Instant Pot.
This book is great for a beginner in the Instant Pot world as it explains how to use it and how you will get best results.
It is not only for beginners though it has some nice recipes with only 5 ingredients! How great is that?
No trawling the supermarkets looking for loads of different ingredients.
It is American so some of the recipes aren’t necessarily the recipes we see here. I wouldn’t say I will make them all. But overall I would say it’s worth a read.
This is a fun cookbook, easy to follow recipes, beautiful photos. I made some of them and they turned out yummy. I like that hte book has apps, full meals, and desserts too!
So grateful for this great resource!! Especially love all the helpful tips. Can’t wait to use my InstaPot all the time!!
This was good - some of the recipes were interesting, and a lot were recipes I would make another way, but it game me good ideas.
I Love My Instant Pot 5-Ingredient Recipe Book by Michelle Fagone

240 Pages
Publisher: Adams Media
Release Date: February 9, 2021

Nonfiction, Cooking, Food & Wine

There are 175 recipes divided into the following chapters.

Chapter 1: Cooking with an Instant Pot
Chapter 8: Beef and Pork Main Dishes
Chapter 9: Seafood and Fish Main Dishes
Chapter 10: Vegetarian Main Dishes
Chapter 11: Desserts

One of the favorite things I love to make with my Instant Pot is hard-boiled eggs. I was happy to see the recipe included in this book that is similar to the one I use. Recently I purchased some glass custard glasses and a stackable rack for my pot. Now I cannot wait to use them to make Tomato Mozzarella Basil Egg Bites and Bacon Cheddar Scrambled Egg Muffins. The Bacon Onion Cheddar Frittata sounds amazing too. There are too many recipes that I want to make from this book.

The recipes in the book are written in an easy-to-follow style. There is nutritional information listed for all recipes. The ingredients are readily available in most pantries and grocery stores. If you have an Instant Pot, you definitely need this book.
The "I Love My Instant Pot" 5-Ingredient Recipe Book by
Michelle Fagone

I received an Instant Pot as a gift and have been fumbling with recipes and instructions ever since. With its tutorial section, this cookbook is helpful for a beginning Instant Pot user. Like me!

It contains plenty of photographs to accompany the basic recipes in the book. The 5-ingredient title is a bit of a misnomer, as many of the dishes also use several additional "pantry staples." The dishes are still simple and require items most cooks will have on hand.

I look forward to experimenting with the cookbook and mastering–finally!—my Instant Pot.
I’m not going to lie, my success and satisfaction with my Instant Pot has been pretty mixed so far. At first, I was scared of it and made it much more complicated than it really was. Then, once I had a produced a few good meals (soups, ribs, a random stir fry) I was on board. That’s not to say that I don’t still find myself with a lackluster end result here and there (😬). I still would never make hard boiled eggs any other way.

This cookbook appealed to me because it’s the real deal. It has a foolproof complete set of instructions for each product. It has solid recipes that range from a bit more elegant to the staple meals most families would see on their tables. But the best thing is that the ingredients are pretty much pantry staples and there 5 of them.

This book also will walk you through the basics of how to use the Instant Pot making it a great beginner cookbook. It also suggests pantry staples and accessories for cooking convenience. I have made 4 recipes so far and each one has been well received! I definitely recommend this cookbook. I just wish it had more pictures (personal preference for my cookbooks).

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and Adams Media for a copy in exchange for a review.
Rating 4

I bought my Instant Pot back in December and I have been trying out new recipes ever since. I chose this book because of the 5 ingredient promise as stated in the title. It is true majority of the recipes only use five ingredients however, some items are not considered an ingredient such as spices or broths. So those items will need to be added on top of the five limit which I was fine with. For still being a beginner I found almost all of these recipes to be doable. I have already made ten recipes and all of them came out great and my favorites were the chocolate chip cheesecake and the jalapeno popper potato salad. The directions are easy to follow and very straight forward. The book contains a wide range of recipes and with such a variety it won't leave you disappointed. I recommend for beginners or if you just want some hassle free meals.

**Received an advanced copy through NetGalley in return for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. **
Thanks to the author, publisher, and netgalley for a copy of this cookbook in exchange for honest feedback.

Everybody seems to be using an instant pot nowadays! So of course a cookbook detailing some of the utilizations and recipes that work best for this tool.

What this cookbook offers: the beginning of the book is an overview of the instant pot (buttons, functions, cooking methods, accessories, cleaning/functioning guide). The food: 1) breakfast; 2) soups, stews, and chili, 3) beans, rice, and grains; 4) appetizers; 5) side dishes; 6) chicken main dishes; 7) beef and pork; 8) seafood and dish; 9) vegetarian dishes; 10) desserts.

There is a lot offered. The recipes are pretty simple, but their value is teaching you how they can be cooked in the instant pot obviously! So, at the end of the day, I think this would be something that would be helpful for someone who got this instant pot and wants to use it by thinking outside of the box! A bunch of ideas are helpful when you get new equipment.
A great book with lots of ideas for quick and easy meals prepared in the Instant Pot. I have tried a few recipes and they have all turned out great. My favorite the Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash is in my opinion worth the purchase price alone, so good.

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for an advance copy of this title in exchange for an unbiased review.
The revolutionary instant pot has been touted as the savior for anyone who is too lazy to cook, or clueless about cooking, but it's just one part of the equation. This book is the other part. Filled with easy-to-follow, yet inventive recipes that will make your instant pot worth the investment. Because you could very well be just like me, a person who bought an instant pot but had no idea what to make in it.
I just bought an Instant Pot a few months ago so this recipe book has come in handy especially for a newbie like me.

It really is a fantastic book. It has lots of very good recipes.

I do highly recommend it.
I loved the first chapter that described the different functions., accessories, and cleaning of the unit. The 5 ingredients in the recipes are beyond the "staple" ingredients. These are things like broth, salt & pepper, etc.
I have not made any of the recipes in the book; however, there are a few that I'm willing to try. The instant pot is more my husband's cooking gadget.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for my eARC in exchange for an honest review. I look forward to giving this a try.
5/5 stars

Genre: Cooking

Description:

Officially authorized by Instant Pot!​

175 must-have 5-ingredient recipes perfect for anyone looking to save time and effort—all while using your favorite appliance the Instant Pot.

Now using the Instant Pot is easier and more convenient than ever with these 175 delicious, simple, and straightforward recipes using just five ingredients or less. Perfect for people on the go, this cookbook will help you make mouthwatering dishes for every meal of the day that the whole family will love.

Using ingredients that you probably already have on hand, The “I Love My Instant Pot” 5-Ingredient Cookbook features fast and affordable recipes that don’t require a lot of prep or shopping. And best of all, they’re satisfying, flavorful recipes you will want to make over and over again!

Including an easy-to-understand overview of your Instant Pot, this cookbook has you covered for every occasion. From breakfast to dinner and desserts and snacks in between, you will save more time (and money) than ever while enjoying tasty food all day long.

Pros:

- I absolutely love this cookbook!
- I've made a few of the recipes already and they were a hit with my whole family!
- Great pictures although I do wish there were more I could drool over.
- Huge variety of recipes in every category!
- Simple recipes and only needing a few ingredients is great, especially for a budget.

Cons:

-  None!

Would I recommend it?

Yes! Absolutely!
I have been intimidated by my insta-pot since I received as a gift two years ago. I have to say that this book gives great and clear instructions. The recipes are wonderfully tempting. There are many recipes for risotto, which I had never thought about making in my insta-pot. The cheesy chicken verde sounds wonderful, as does the pot roast recipe. There quite a few yummy recipes for breakfast too.
After a long, hard day at work, you come in and need dinner on the table by 5... you’re in luck! With just FIVE ingredients in any of the 175 recipes included dinner is done in a snap.

Accommodating beginner to pro, this five ingredient recipe book allows for step by step directions to dinner perfection. I have tried several of the recipes and can say not only were they easy and tasty, they were economically friendly, and who DOESN’T need that in our current days.

Highly recommend for those interested in trying this quick way of cooking as well as to the seasoned pro.
I’m an Instant Pot Lover and this is a GREAT Instant Pot Cookbook!!  175 Easy to make mouth-watering recipes!!

This Instant Pot book is good for both beginners and advanced Instant Pot users!  For the beginners, it gives directions on how to use the Instant Pot and will ease any fear you may have.  Once you get the hang of it, you won’t want to cook any other way!  I use mine every day during the week!!

I loved the fact that every recipe in the book has only 5-ingredients.  This really comes in handy on those busy work days where you don’t really feel like cooking, but still need to provide a balanced meal for your family.

The book includes straight-forward recipes for breakfast, soups, stews, and chili, chicken main dishes, vegetarian main dishes, desserts, among others.  I was thrilled with the vegetarian section because most Instant Pot cookbooks I have come across don’t include much vegan.  Even though I’m not vegan, I try to incorporate as many vegetables into my menu as I can.  This makes it easy to stay healthy!  You will, most likely, have everything you need to make the recipes on hand.  The directions are easy to follow and there are pictures for some of the recipes, but I wish there would have been more, just a personal preference.

I tried a few recipes so that I could honestly review the book which included, Creamy Pesto Chicken, Italian Sloppy Joe’s, Black Bean Slider Patties and Tex-Mex Quinoa.  They were super simple and fast to make.  All the ones I tried tasted good and I saw many others I am interested in making!  This cookbook will be a regular go-to for me and would be for any Instant Pot Lover!!

After reading about the author, Michelle Fagone, I found that she has a whole line of cookbooks and a website, if you want to check them out!!  I know I will be!  http://www.cavegirlcuisine.com/