Cover Image: God Hears Her Creative Journaling Edition

God Hears Her Creative Journaling Edition

Wonderful journal. Really well thought out. I enjoyed going through it and it was so well written that it kept me engaged to finish it.
It’s been awhile since I’ve enjoyed a devotional more than I have with God Hears Her Creative Journaling Edition. More than an adult coloring book but not as in-depth as a full blown Bible study, God Hears Her Creative Journaling Edition is the perfect length for any busy schedule. Unlike the original publication, the creative journaling edition gives more space to jot down your thoughts, or doodle or color while reflecting on that days verse and theme.

There are multiple authors from the Our Daily Bread Ministries that contributed to this devotional, giving it more depth than other devotionals out there, with dierent perspectives and stories that go along with that day's Bible reading, all wonderfully written by women and for women. Along with the variety of authors there is also a uniqueness to the layout of the devotional, with plenty of places for your own writings or artwork, and other places where you can do a little adult coloring while meditating or praying, which I quite enjoyed, loving the freedom of expression to do what feels right to you.

This is by no means a deep Bible study, but I still see its value nonetheless. Sometimes you just need to go simple, and God Hears Her Creative Journaling Edition quenches that thirst for a devotional in such a simple and creative way. What’s not to love?
I absolutely LOVE this journaling devotional. There’s beautiful scripture art to color in. There’s just enough space to journal your thoughts but not so much that you feel like you have to fill up the space. And it’s beautifully written.
Very wonderful addition to the devotional book. I really enjoyed using the journal   Would make a wonderful gift along with the book. Thanks to Netgalley, the author and the publisher for the arc of this book in return for my review. Receiving the book in this manner had no bearing on this review.
God Hears Her...Creative Journaling Ed. Our Daily Bread Ministries

Each page has lines for journaling, Some little bits of beautiful to color as well as words of wisdom to color. There are several full pages to color in.

For me the reminder to always seek God in prayer for all things is super important. If you are into journaling and coloring and would like to read the Bible all year, this book covers all the bases.

I was provided a free advance reader copy from Our Daily Bread Ministries in exchange for my honest review on Net Galley.  The opinions shared in this review are my own.
This is an amazing book. Great passages and the ability to express your creativity. A must have for a journaler.
Excellent devotional.  The devotionals are inspiring and lift you up.  This is a devotional book for 365 days and I will be reading this again year after year.
There is a God who hears
Various writers from Our Daily Bread Ministries are presenting the "God Hears Her Creative Journaling Edition", published by Our Daily Bread Publishing. The book offers artwork for coloring, some of them full-page size, lined or blank spaces for writing of creating ones own art and 365 scripture readings (where is the one for leap years - 366 devotions would be better) and devotions that are focused on one verse of the reading. These devotional notes often contain an example or experience from the authors' lives. The reflections are short which is a help for busy women.
The book is presented with a great design and artwork and offers plenty of space for writing and / or creative expressions. It is a great book for those readers who want to start with Bible Journaling and do not (yet) do it in their Bible and for readers who want something else than an adult coloring book. Since the "creative edition" is a workbook, it would have been better if the book would have been spiral-bound or have a flat-lying binding instead of the hardcover to make it easier to work in it. It is important to note that it is not a book for those readers who are looking for an in-depth study of the scripture readings. I am also missing a list with the Bible references. Nevertheless, I would buy the book for myself, but sadly the devotions are touching mainly the lives of women with children and this is not my case. Nevertheless I highly recommend. It is a devotional from women for women and it could make also a nice present for older teenagers or young adult women.
The complimentary copy of this book was provided by the publisher through NetGalley free of charge. I was under no obligation to offer a positive review. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
#GodHearsHerCreativeJournalingEdition	#NetGalley
God Hears Her Creative Journaling Edition: 365 Devotions for Women by Women is a welcomed addition to any woman’s daily routine. The thing that drew me in first was all the margin spaces for writing and doodling! Some pages have lined margins for writing, while others have blank margins for doodling or creating. There are also dozens of beautiful and uplifting coloring pages throughout the months where you can enjoy coloring flowers, hearts, and Bible verses. I’m so happy coloring isn’t just for kids anymore!

Women wrote these devotions for women and picked to encourage and comfort you in your daily life. You’ll read personal stories, Bible verses, and inspiring quotes that will lift you up and remind you that God is bigger than the trials in our lives.

Each day gives you Bible passage, a key verse, devotional written by a woman who has a way with words, and space to reflect. For what it’s worth, I noticed that not all holidays have a corresponding devotion. There was a Christmas mention on Christmas, but no Independence Day mention on the 4th of July. While this devotional is dated with the beginning as January 1st, you could start at any time. Starting on a birthday would be fun! Frankly, any day is a great day to start an awesome devotional!

There are a variety of Bible versions used: NIV, ESV, NASB, NKJV, and NLT.

Thank you to Our Daily Bread Publishing and NetGalley for an advance reader copy in exchange for my honest review.
God Hears Her Creative Journaling Edition
365 Devotions for Women by Women
by Our Daily Bread Ministries
Our Daily Bread Publishing
Christian  |  Religion & Spirituality
Pub Date 02 Feb 2021

I am reviewing a copy of God Hears Her Creative Journaling Edition through Our Daily Bread Ministries and Netgalley:

God Hears Her Creative Journaling Edition comes with much more than just a devotional, it is also a journal, that includes illustrated Bible Verses to color, allowing for a more hands on devotional experience.

This book helps the reader to realize that God hears you when to call out to him, God hears you, he really hears you.  The author goes to remind us just as we can read silently, we can also pray silently.  We are reminded too that it is important too that we have time alone with God.  It is pointed out too that even when we feel as if we have no one to trust, we can trust in the Lord.   We are reminded too of the importance of having compassion towards other.  We are reminded too of the importance of destroying the divides.   God Hears Her reminds us too of the importance of centering our lives around God.

In this devotional we are reminded too that God will turn our grief into joy.  We are reminded too that in order to please God we must know Jesus.  It is pointed out too that even when we feel alone in the world, Jesus is there to keep us company.  The importance of taking the time to Listen to God is also brought up.  We are reminded too of the importance of having true Godly friendships are.  We are reminded too that it is easy for us to loose hope during the difficult times, but God is always there.  The importance of growing in Christ daily is another important reminder in this devotional.

God Hears Her reminds us that we need to Soak up God’s word.   We are reminded too that God’s timing is perfect.  The importance of taking joy in the small things is also brought up.  We are reminded too of the importance of remembering the Cross.  The importance of praying parents is also highlighted, it then goes on to point out that compassion is bringing bin others towards ourselves.   We are reminded too that if we drink from the water God offers we will never be thirsty again, which of course speaks of spiritual thirst.

God Hears Her points out the importance of taking God at his word, as well as of being thankful in all things.   The importance of giving back I’d also highlighted.

If you are looking for a devotional that includes 365 pages of encouragement, inspiration, and assurance that God not only has beauty in store for your life but knows your heart deeply.  In each spread an open margin and a lined margin for writing or drawing, along with decorative chapter openers and verses that invite you to be expressive and rest in the truth that God hears you, I would highly recommend God Hears Her, it would make a great edition to your own Bible Study, as well as a great gift for the Mother, Sister, Daughter, Aunt, Cousin or friend in your life.

I give God Hears Her five out of five stars!

Happy Reading!
"God Hears Her Creative Journaling Edition" is an amazing piece of work from Our Daily Bread Ministries. This is a beautiful, fun year-long devotional. It brings out the creative side with black and white images to be colored, as well as space to write reflections in the margins. This journal is a great example of a resting technique, spend time with the Lord while being artistic and getting out of your comfort zone. I am intrigued by the pictures, and can't wait to use pencils. The verses and reflections tie very well, and it gives me more to think about as the day goes by. I appreciate this copy from NetGalley.
This is awesome. I did read quite a few parts of this, but this is one I definitely will be purchasing for myself to enjoy it fully as it is intended.
I love this devotional book and it has become one of my favorites.  I am delighted to be able to have some of these devotions in a book that’s designed for journaling. I loved the art work and design.  I’ve doing this review from an ebook copy, but after seeing this, I’d love to have a print copy of my own.  Anyone who loves to do a combination of Bible journaling/Scripture reading/devotional notes will enjoy using this book.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.
Book would not load on Netgalley Shelf or download in any PC apps. Perhaps offer in Kindle edition? I will look forward to reading this in print. Thank you.
God Hears Her has been previously published but this new edition offers a bit more; there is space to journal and react to what is read and, from the advance copy I saw, it looks as if there are some pages to color in. There is an entry for every day of the year with a short entry that invites reflection. Readers who like putting aside a few minutes a day to think about life’s bigger issues, may well want to give this book a look.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this title. All opinions are my own.
This is a good devotional. It gives you a verse and than some thoughts from the author. I do like how there are places to right or doodle  your own thoughts.

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for letting me read this book in exchange for a review.
I really like this Devotional! I love how there is space for notes but also parts to color in for times where maybe the words won't come out.
God Hears Her Creative Journaling Edition by Our Daily Bread Ministries is a Christian devotional that invites the reader to engage with their devotional through art. The drawings are simple but attractive, making it easy for individuals who want to do art devotionals, but feel overwhelmed with a blank page.

There is a devotional for each day with a reading for the day, a quote from the daily reading, and a reflection. The writing is conversational and positive. It is uplifting for those looking to start their day positively. This devotional is more relatable for women with children since many discuss motherhood, but still has some good bits for those who are not. I only wish there were reflection questions at the end of each devotional to engage beyond reading and art.

Many thanks to the publisher Our Daily Bread Publishing and Netgalley for the ARC in return for an honest review.
This beautifully designed, one-year devotional journal focuses on God's attentiveness to His people. Each daily reading includes a Scripture passage reference, a key verse, and a devotional that connects the Scripture to life. The devotionals are authored by favorite Our Daily Bread writers, experienced Bible teachers, and popular Christian authors, like Elisa Morgan. Lined and blank spaces throughout the book provide ample room to record personal reflections. Black line illustrations encourage the journaler to add color and creativity to this keepsake.

Each day's reading can be completed in a few minutes, making this a helpful resource, even for busy women. What an encouraging way to begin or end each day--reflecting on God's desire to hear us whenever we call to Him!

An advance, digital copy of this text was provided to me at no charge in exchange for my unbiased review.
A beautiful devotional journal that offers a great means for adding creating to your daily devotions. Well-written, well-designed. Some days have coloring with beautiful artwork to match the entries, and some days offer lines for you to add your own art. Love this daily art journal devotion. Highly recommended.