Cover Image: Creative Crochet Projects

Creative Crochet Projects

I enjoyed this book! It gave a lot of innovative ideas for future projects. This is a good book for someone experienced or a novice.
I have ordered this book over netgalley.com but I can't see it in my reader and can't give a Feedback.
In “Creative Crochet Projects” Stephanie Pokorny shares 12 unique, quirky and fun patterns suited to all levels of crochet knowledge.

The beginning chapter is dedicated to explaining terminology and stitches used. Clear photographs and written explanations make this accessible to all skill levels.

The patterns contained in this book give room for growth, there are some patterns that I would class suitable for advanced crocheters.

This book will delight those with children or young adults! I loved the play kitchen, with stove and sink. The owl hood is simply delightful and would make a perfect gift for a teen or young woman.

The patterns are well thought out, clearly written and easy to understand. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for unique makes for young ones.

My thanks go to NetGalley, Landauer Publishing and the author, Stephanie Pokorny, for an ARC of this book.
Creative Crochet Projects by Stephanie Pokorny is a cute book with bright, colorful projects to crochet. What caught my eye on the cover were the hamburger and hot dog that can be created using her pattern. Very adorable! The table of contents were divided into two sections, accessories and playtime projects. I was interested in the playtime projects. The book contained clear, helpful pictures of basic information for supplies, crochet stitches and provided clear directions. The illustration for the abbreviation for the stitches was extremely helpful as well. The most creative project, in my opinion, the a great reason to purchase the book, was for the Roll Away Kitchen placement. In this project, you will crochet a stove with burners, knobs, a sink with blue water and bubbles, plus a digital clock! This is a clever project for a busy mom to tuck into her diaper bag to provide lots of independent, fun time for her child. My own daughter asked me to make this project, and as a beginner with crochet, I would certainly feel comfortable giving it a try.
This crochet book has 12 patterns, including attractive hats and scarves and a cute mobile of bees and their hive. There are two patterns for the newly popular finger crocheting. At the beginning of the book is a nice introductory section describing yarn weight, hook size and gauge, among other topics. Also included is a primer of basic stitches.
The patterns include excellent step by step instructions and hints. Detailed instructions are provided for new stitches with pictures.
The book contains 2 hats, 2 scarves, 1 wrap with a hood and 6 playtime projects, including a foldable hot dog and hamburger, a sliceable watermelon and a foldable kitchen playmat, which depicts a stove stop and a sink. Fun for a child!
I recommend this book for its excellent instructions and introductory section, along with an assortment of patterns (as described above).
As a crocheter, this book provided a decent introduction to basic crochet terminology and skills. The patterns were easy to read and follow along with but the patterns to choose from left quite a lot to be desired. While the patterns provided were certainly creative, they were not anything that I would actually be interested in making. They would be great projects to make for kids to wear/play with but not so much for an adult to use.
I'm a begginer. I never thought crocheting would be so satisfying!
This book is an excellent example of the versatility of crochet. There are projects for everyone, and the challenges are well explained. And color is so intrinsically important while crocheting. Such a beautiful journey!

Thank you Netgalley for the chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Recently I have dipped my ties into amigurumi (crocheting objects or animals vs crocheting something flat) and this book has fantastic patterns that are easy to follow. With clear photos and easy to read patterns this booknis a must and not just for the cheeseburger pattern. There are amazing projects like the bee hive mobile and Bubble Hue Shift Hat that will be added to your to be made list in no time.

This book also explains basic tools, stitches, and techniques for those just beginning their crochet journey.
What an adorable book! My friend and I got really into crochet projects during quarantine, but we were constantly having to do some research to find new and fun ideas to keep us occupied. Then comes this book! The answer to our prayers! I think that many of these are simple enough to do with the children/family, but some are more advanced. All together fun how-to book! Thank you to NetGalley, Fox Chapel Publishing, and Landauer Publishing for a copy of this audiobook for an honest review.
This book is so fun! Each project is so colorful, which I love! I can't wait to make the hue shift hat soon, as well as many other fun projects in this book! This book opens with good introduction to crochet material, which are all well illustrated. There are good instructions and photos for the basic crochet stitches. Then we get into the projects! I just love how quirky and colorful all of the projects are.  Each project is beautifully photographed with good instructions and photos for each as well.  Recommended!
This is a crochet dream book! If you are looking for a new challenge, or wanting to try out a new hobby Creative Crochet Projects is the book for you. There are patterns for every level of skill in an easy to understand way.
The beginning set of directions is concise and gives great explanations with visual guides for basic crochet skills. The projects in here definitely are creative--I think the smaller, toy projects like the foldable burger and hot dog or the rollaway kitchen mat would make great projects for kids learning to crochet. I am planning to try out the sliceable watermelon pattern as I think the piece would make a great throw pillow for summer. My mom will be trying out some of the hat patterns soon since she is learning to crochet right now! Overall, awesome book of fun beginner projects.
This is a great book for beginner crocheters.  There is something in here for everyone in the family.  From scarves and hats to toys, and mobiles.  Stephanie Pokorny presents her crochet projects in a whimsical and delightful manner that's sure to please.  She explains each material that's used, and gives a step-by-step detailed instruction complete with color pictures for visuals.  I highly recommend this book for beginners.
Fun projects to make that would be perfect gifts. The directions are very clear and Stephanie starts with all the basic stitches needed. The book is written step by step and each project has a full color illustration.
I selected this book to see if the directions were easily adaptable to a left handed crafter. They were and the projects turned out perfect.
Great book whether for a person new at this hobby or a person who has mastered the skill.

Thank you NetGalley for the electronic advanced edition of this title in exchange for my honest opinion.
I don't think it's the book. I think it's me. At this stage of my crochet ability I need to watch someone doing the project and I need to follow along. This isn't a beginner book but more intermediate.
A great book for the crochet enthusiast wanting to venture into playful and fun projects. While I wasn’t a fan of the wearable accessories (scarves, cowls, wraps), I loved the crochet burger, hotdog, and watermelon! #NetGalley
Nice selection of different kinds of projects. Excellent “how to” section at the beginning of the book. Bright colours and good pictures make this book lovely to look at. The patterns are more for an intermediate skill level I’d suggest, but if you are a beginner, take it slow and follow the instructions and you’ll be fine. I recommend this book. Thank you #netgalley
Creative Crochet Projects has a nice variety of items including accessories and play time projects.  Although the book gives a brief introduction to yarn, crochet stitches, and pattern reading, I would not consider these projects to be for a true hot off the hook beginner.  Labeling the projects with skill level required would be useful.  I did enjoy the playfulminded projects and the colorful photography.  The play food items were especially cute.  I was given this book in exchange for a review from NetGalley.  All opinions are mine.
I truly love this book. It's perfect for beginners like myself! I didn't have a chance to try the projects for myself because of exams but now that those are over, I definitely would be giving them a try
I want to thank Netgalley and the author for gifting me the ebook. I love crocheting and there are some really cute items I can't wait to make for my friends and family.