Cover Image: Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls - The Chapter Book Collection

Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls - The Chapter Book Collection

I got this to read with my daughter. We both absolutely loved reading these on a nighttime. My daughter had just been learning about inspirational women in history so this was great timing!
I really enjoy this book series! The first collection was great, but I might have liked the second even more... maybe that's because Angela Merkel was featured, and I as a German woman am insanely proud of her accomplishments? Either way, the selection and variety worked for me, and gives me lots to talk about with my own daughter.
Some people complain about the stories being too short, but for my 11 year old they are just long enough to get an idea and pique her interest to do further research. So I do agree that they are not comprehensive on their own, but I am not sure most kids could stomach much longer biographies.
After finishing my netgalley ARC, I immediately bought copies for some of my favorite girls (and boys) in my life!
What a sweet and inspirational collection! I've enjoyed every Rebel Girls book I've ever picked up and these stories are no different.
I loved this collection. It was so varied and accessible for children in a range of ages with beautiful illustrations.

It was perfect for reading to my little goddaughters - they repeatedly asked for more.
I have to admit that I didn't have a chance to read through this fully before the it expired/was archived, so the most I saw of it was a quick flick through when I first downloaded it - however, from what little I did see, this seems like a really lovely addition to the Rebel Girls collection! The illustrations were lovely and I'm glad the women included is such a diverse group and also includes some lesser-known figures: I'm certainly inspired to go and research the ones I hadn't heard of before!
I love this series! I enjoy learning more about women I know with these book but found that there were a few women that were new to me as well in this collection! Dr. Wangari and Alicia Alonso to be exact. They are new favourites of mine! Will definitely recommend to young patrons!
Since the first in the Rebel Girls series was released, I have pushed to have these as staples in our classrooms. Inspiring women (and also men in the 'Boys Who Dare to Be Different' series) have such a positive inpact on our children and this set of books continues to do just that. The books themselves are beautiful - the illustrations aid the understanding of each individuals experiences and really bring the book to life. I like how this collection goes into more depth and detail about these five women's lives and I learnt a lot about them, my particular favourite being Junko Tabei who I, unfortunately, hadn't heard of before.
If there were a set of books I would want freshly available for my Year Sixes, to inspire and educate them, it would be these.
I have read all of these books with my four-and-a-half year old and she loves every single one of them. They are just waiting for her to figure out how to read them herself, now. She recognizes the people we talk about and talks about them herself, sometimes. I love the chapter books!
What a beautiful complement to the existing books of the series! I don’t have kids myself. But I’m sure I will be keeping the physical copies of all this for when that moment comes. I love learning about this amazing role models from all sort of backgrounds!
These books are fantastic! With wonderful role models, well-written stories, and beautiful illustrations, these make the perfect gift for the little girls in your life. You daughter, niece, goddaughter, baby sister - this would be a perfect gift for any or all of them. I look forward to buying the hard copies of this set. I know this will be a treasured gift for many.
So glad these books exist. A powerful influence for many little girls around the world.
This book was truly magical in every possible way . Every story was so well written and the illustrations that accompany it were exquisite and it fit in perfectly . These are short bedtime stories which are rich in facts that equip children with the power to face the harsh realities of this world . These are life lessons that should be taught at school but aren't  ! A must read for all age groups !!
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for an E arc of this book !
This is one of those must-have books in schools. Less than 20% of the people who appear in textbooks are women. That is why these books are so necessary, to balance the scales. Because what is not named does not exist and it is time to name those women who have made history, who are role models.
This book fulfills that objective of giving visibility to great women. In addition, it does so with the accompaniment of illustrations that always add beauty and appeal to any book.
Without a doubt, I recommend it to both young and old. Moreover, it would be ideal to read together, because it is never too late to learn, rectify and discover, and it is more fun to do it in good company to be able to feed back and learn from each other.
My daughter and I throughly enjoyed reading this book at bedtime. We read a chapter at night together, which was perfect for my almost 8 year old. Though she was reading this on her own as well. This really helped feed her newfound love of biographies. I love the simple but masterful story telling. Our favorite story was Junko Tabei and how she climbed her first mountain.

#GoodNightStoriesforRebelGirls #NetGalley
If I remember correctly I’ve read one of these before, in French, and it was a few years back, when I was younger.
But I still loved them, I think they are amazing, educative, interesting and we can learn a lot from them.
I’d definitly recommend them, not only for the youngsters under us, but also to the adults between us.
I loved the Rebel Girls book and it is my dream to read it with my son when he is older. I like how the book gives us bite-sized true stories to think about. The struggles of the women and how they overcame them are documented beautifully. The illustrations are wonderful.

The five women featured in this collection are as different as you can imagine, yet have made a profound change in the world. This is a book that should be read by every child and adult.

5 stars.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.
Highly recommended! My daughters thoroughly enjoyed the chapter books contained in this collection. Full of beautiful illustrations and easy-to-understand text, they loved learned about inspiring women in history, several of which we had never heard of before. We love the Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls series and hope to see more added!
The Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls is an excellent book collection that teaches readers about amazing women in history. The series takes great care to feature women of different backgrounds, races, and occupation. The stories give a quick highlight into each woman's story, designed in a way that will make readers want to continue reading about her.

I know that whenever I have children, this series will be the first I buy for my little one. It's so important for children to learn about women's accomplishments, especially for young girls. This series does just that.
I highly recommend this. The books was all about empowerment for young girls. The imagination and creativity that was embedded into this book was great. I actually started thinking about my childhood and all the imagination I would have. Just fabulous!
I don't think I can start this review any other way than gushing over the illustrations and how beautiful they are!
Wow, they really make the book special!

This is suitable to be read to younger children, the language was very accessible and the chapters a nice length to keep interest/attention. A great introduction to historical women told in a storybook fashion. The inclusion of the activities at the end are also great for further learning and to test comprehension or see what interests the child more than the story itself.
A really inspiring collection for young readers, and a wonderful gift for budding readers (and feminists of all ages and genders!) Beautifully illustrated and designed, as you would expect from the Rebel Girls series!