Cover Image: The Perfect Place to Die

The Perfect Place to Die

While I enjoyed the story, I'm also a big true crime fan so the "twist" didn't do much for me -- and I think the premise was relying quite a bit on said twist. Overall, not a bad book by any means, but the connection to a real story is what drew me in and ultimately what disappointed me.
I was very pleasantly surprised by this book. I enjoy historical fiction and have always been fascinated by the HH Holmes story, so this book was right up my alley. I appreciated the research that the author did when writing this book. The main character was easy to root for and the events were very exciting. I do wish the book had ended in a more historically accurate way, but I enjoyed it overall!
The Perfect Place to Die is the book to read this year!!! Bryce Moore had me on the edge of my seat throughout the whole book. It was suspenseful and historical and   Brought a personal angle to the story of Dr. Holmes and his hotel of horrors.
I  LOVED this book. This book was marketed as perfect for fans of Stalking Jack the Ripper and this was such a great comparison, as it had a lot of things I loved about the other book. Strong female characters, a great mystery, a sense of tension that builds slowly throughout the plot. I love that Etta had agency over herself and her choices, I loved that there were female friendships in this book and there wasn't a heavy sense of romance. This was a really great historical fiction read!