Cover Image: Malala Yousafzai

Malala Yousafzai

Another great addition to the series Little People, Big Dreams! The difficult truths of Malala's life are handled in an age appropriate way for the intended audience in this book; it remains upbeat and positive, and focuses more on Malala's spirit and determination to ensure girls got a proper education in her home country of Pakistan. The artwork is colorful and bright, and goes well with the story.

#MalalaYousafzai #NetGalley
*received for free from netgalley for honest review* Not sure how much i like this book tbh, the whole taliban makes women cover up imo makes it sound like they have no choice to dress the way they do, when malala still chooses to wear a head covering. I also understand this is a kids book but if youre going to mention her being shot, i feel it should be elaborated on a bit more.
I'm glad that 'little people, big dreams' decided to honor Malala. She is a brave woman who has made a huge difference in the world. I was shocked to learn she is already in her early twenties. It seems like we were just introduced to her a year or two ago.
Malala is such an inspirational person and it was so fun to read about her with my niece. I just adore this series of books for children. This is a great introduction for kids to the difficulties that kids all over the world face.
Lovely.  This biography is well done just like most the rest of the series.  I look forward to the next one.
I've fallen in love with this series and the book about Malala is no different. I liked the illustrations and the fact that the book easily tells her story for a younger audience.
I wish this series had been around when I was teaching. These beginning biographies of famous people have just enough information not to overwhelm young people, yet give a basic overview of their lives. This wonderful addition to the series features Malala Yousafzai, an advocate for education of children, especially girls. This is a kinder and gentler version of her story, but it does touch on her shooting and the reasons behind it. Malala's story is a tough one for young children to read about. She wanted rights for women but the Taliban had other ideas. She felt that women were basically imprisoned for doing nothing. She started protesting and got some of her friends to do it as well, this action changed her life forever. After she healed, she became one of the most young, influential women in regards to human rights. She started as a young girl just wanting to stand up for herself and other girls and women. This book is definitely a jumping off point for further discussion and research for older children. The illustrations are charming, colourful, large and add much to this story. I definitely recommend this book and series to those wanting to teach young children about Dreaming Big, Standing up for Yourself, honouring those who were trailblazers and to motivate.
Malala Yousafzai is a new biography aimed at young readers in the Little People, Big Dreams series. Due out 16th March 2021 from Quarto on their Frances Lincoln Children's imprint, it's 32 pages and will be available in hardcover and ebook formats.

Isabel Sánchez Vegara writes accessibly in clear and understandable language.  The illustrations are colorful, whimsically engaging and very well done. The art by Manal Mirza is very appealing and rich in small subtle details which invite a closer look. The text is always honest and explains scary things (the Taliban for example) in age-appropriate and non-confrontational language.

Well written and appealing, I am really enjoying all of these little books. This one is a worthy addition. It also includes a short photo timeline with some highlights from Malala's life thus far.

Five stars. This would make a superlative reading circle book, classroom library book, or gift.  Malala Yousafzai is an incredible, intelligent, gifted, and brave young woman, the youngest Nobel Laureate, and a wonderful  role model.

Great colorful illustrations that connect with the lyrical rhythm of the verse.. An easy read for the younger readers who will be inspired by what Malala did as a child and to know that she experienced and still did not give up. I have enjoyed other versions of books about her and this one is also one that I will cherish; it was easier to read to my kids without having to skip around pieces that might not seem as kid friendly. I received an advanced electronic copy from Netgalley and these are my words and thoughts.
This Picture book was so stunning, When I heard about this I was very excited because Malala is such an important person in our history and this story was a very digestible way to learn about her and her story for woman rights and violence.
Malala's story is both heart-breaking and incredibly hopeful. This is a beautifully illustrated edition from the Little People, Big Dreams series. Malala is a current activist in our world standing up for the rights of children and the importance of education for all. Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegara and illustrator Manal Mirza created a wonderful edition of Malala's story for a younger audience.

I am grateful to be able to read a digital ARC of this story and would highly recommend copies for all children, libraries, and educators. Thank you Quarto Publishing Group - Frances Lincoln Children's Books and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this story in exchange for an honest opinion.

Little People, Big Dreams: Malala Yousafzai by Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegara
Publishing on: March 16, 2021
Rating: 5/5
What an inspiring story of a young girl who understood the importance of education! This short illustrated book told Malala’s story in a very succinct and age appropriate manner. I love this series!
I love the Little People, Big Dreams series and Malala Yousafzai is another wonderful book to be added to this collection by Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegara. Malala is a well known young woman who has overcome hardship and is an inspiration to all. I love the illustrations in this book as they contain pink-based tones (my favourite colour) and think young girls will enjoy this story and illustrations as much as I do.
Excellent Book! Little People, Big Dreams Always does the Best Job describing Incredible People. This is about Malala Yosafzai. She is just a young girl from Pakistan who wants to go to school and get an Education. However, the Taliban comes in and takes all her rights away including music, reading, and most important she can not go to school anymore. She is supposed to be clothed from Head to Toe, Seek a Husband, and Can’t Leave her Home Alone!

Malala is just the type of girl that will not be silent. She speaks up about her right to an education. This results in her getting shot. Amazingly, she lives and is in London. She keeps Speaking Out and that Wins Her the Nobel Peace Prize. The World is behind her Bold Strength.

Malala graduates from College and continues to fight for the rights of all girls today. She is such an amazing role model. As always, the illustrations by Manuel Mirza are Spectacular and are done in a way to show what is happening, but not in a frightening way. They add such value to the book.

This book should be in every school, library, bookstore everywhere. Can’t recommend Enough!

Thank You NetGalley, Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegara, and Frances Lincoln Children’s Books for an ARC of this book.
Another extraordinary entry in the Little People, BIG DREAMS series of short bios for kids. This time we meet the courageous Malala Yousafzai, a Pakistani activist for girls' education and the youngest Nobel Prize winner ever.

She loved getting an education and when the Taliban came to power, girls were banned from school. When Malala spoke out publicly, she was shot in the head in an attempt to silence her. She survived and after multiple surgeries in England, committed to champion education for girls globally.

Anyone, child or adult, reading Malala’s story will be inspired to never give up their dreams. Highly recommended for children who love to read and adults who love to read with them.

5 of 5 Stars
Pub Date 09 Mar 2021
#MalalaYousafzai #NetGalley

Thanks to the author, Quarto Publishing Group – Frances Lincoln Children's Books, and NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for my honest review.
This is yet another beautifully illustrated and well written entry in this long running series. This time the story of Malala is simply and honestly told, including her having been shot. Malala’s wish for an education for her and all girls is nicely and inspiringly explored here. She has traveled far and accomplished much and was the youngest winner of the Nobel prize.

Many thanks to Net Galley and the publisher for this title. All opinions are my own.
Malala Yousafzai by Maria Isabel Sánchez Vegara is a perfect addition to the Little People, BIG DREAMS series of books.

Children can discover the inspirational life of Malala Yousafzai. It is told in a sensitive, age appropriate, informative way and includes beautiful illustrations by Manal Mirza. The book is engaging and will leave children, and adults alike, in awe of Malala’s incredible bravery through her historic and ongoing fight for the importance of girls’ education. Along with admiration of how Malala came to be the youngest ever Nobel Prize Laureate.

The back of the book provides further educational information in the format of a biographical timeline, photos and a detailed profile of the activist, Malala Yousafzai.

I highly recommend this book, it is an ideal way of introducing younger children, age 4-7, to Malala Yousafzai and will undoubtedly set an interest in future research and discussions about her life.

Thank you to Frances Lincoln Children’s Books - Quarto Publishing Group and Netgalley for the AVC of Little People, BIG DREAMS: Malala Yousafzai.
Little People, Big Dreams: Malala Yousafzai is excellent! It’s obviously a short picture book, but it is really well written and the illustrations are gorgeous. I think it’s written in a way that children can really grasp, while not leaving out some of the more brutal (and important!) parts. I’d definitely purchase this for my nieces and nephews. Highly recommend!
What an inspiration this young girl is and what important lessons did had to teach to young people of today, and older people too. We can all learn a lot from her example. This is a much buy for every classroom on the planet.
Thank you NetGalley for an advanced copy. I truly appreciate how the author took a tragic event and was able to write about it in a child-friendly way. The full-page illustrations are colorful, detailed, and add to the biography. Malala's biography is well-written for a young audience, factual, and helps girls see their potential to achieve great things. The timeline and photographs at the end of the book make for an excellent educational guide to be used in the classroom as well. What I love most is how the book focuses on the positive aspects and bravery, instead of elaborating and accentuating negative aspects of culture in Pakistan. I can't wait to order this for my school library.