Cover Image: By Mistake

By Mistake

It was the second book I read by Sigal Ehrlich but I didn't like it. I'm sad about it, maybe it wasn't the right time for me to read it and other people will like it.
By Mistake by Sigal Ehrlich was a quick but fun romance read that made you smile throughout.  It reminds me of the typical Hallmark feel good romance movie we all love to settle in and watch.  I recommend this book for anyone who loves a happy ending.
For me this book was the type of book where I can recognize that it may not be the most well written but is still pretty enjoyable. There definitely were a number of times I internally (or even externally) cringed but overall I liked the characters and the main relationship so I read this book pretty quickly. I do have to point out that the MC's have zero flaws and are the least realistic people I have read in a while. They are both these perfect specimens, with perfect morals, motivations, and personalities. I mean this surgeon doesn't even have med school debt! Oh and of course he is trying to get accepted to doctor's without borders.
This book also has the conflict through lack of communication trope. Personally, I really hate it when there are two characters that just need to talk to each other and just will not for chapters on end. While that was something that was getting on my nerves a bit, I also recognize that in this case, finally having the conversation does not fix the issue, so that the lack of communication is not 100% the source of conflict.
Thank you to NetGalley and Sigal Ehrlich OU for an ARC of this book. All opinions in this review are my own.

I had this book as TBR on my NetGalley shelf for a while, and man I wish I had read it sooner! I knew from the description it was going to be a HEA/HFN book, and I am very happy to report I was not disappointed. The characters were realistic (a bit too perfect but realistic), the conflict made sense, and Sigal writes with an addictive quality. The POV changes each chapter between the two leads which I always enjoy, and the female main character has a solid friend group that is not there just for plot fodder. It looks like this will be a series that continues on following the stories of two of the women in the friend group and I look forward to hopefully reading those as well, since those characters were quite interesting from the scenes we had with them in this book. There were bits and pieces that didn't feel as fleshed out - but nothing felt rushed or like it was missing critical information. The scenes that were given more detail had reason to have that detail, and they were enjoyable. This is listed as a New Adult book, and a Romance book, so there are steamy scenes, but nothing overly graphic.

Overall I give this book a 4/4.5 out of 5. I enjoyed the premise and I look forward to reading the rest of the books in this series.
I would like to thank Sigal Ehrlich and NetGalley for this ARC ebook in exchange for an honest review.

"By Mistake" follows up Anna, a fitness trainer about to buy her own business place, and Liam, a doc who is about to leave for a Doctors Without Borders trip. When an accidental email starts a deep online connection, both Liam and Anna dive in with zero concern. . . because there’s really no harm in getting close to someone who you’ll never meet in real life, right? Wrong. When a turn of events brings their “safe” virtual connection to an unexpected face-to-face, Anna and Liam learn their online chemistry pales in comparison to the real deal. A realization that brings along the bazillion-dollar question – what do you do when you meet The One at the most impossibly wrong time?

I was expecting a steamy romance, but this one is actually pretty fluffy: very warm, lighthearted and slow burn. Against my expectations, I really liked it! I loved the easy banter between Anna and Liam, their relationships with their family and friends, and even the story being predictable I read super quickly because I couldn't stop myself or my needy to know what happens to this couple that found their way into my heart. Individually, they are awesome too: Anna is so positive and ambitious, without being pretentious, and Liam has a heart of gold, always helping others and trying to make a difference. In the end, I was positively surprise with a strangers-to-friends-to-lovers romance and I cannot wait for the next one in the Poison & Wine series.
What if you meet the right person at the wrong time?  What if finding that person risks everything you've been working towards?

Anna receives an email that's clearly meant for someone else. Instead of ignoring it, like many of us would do, she replied to the sender and ended up meeting a funny, reading, doctor.  Liam, who doesn't do relationships, finds himself looking forward to these emails from a woman he's never met.  The two of them have chemistry, but the timing might be off, at least to Liam's thinking.

What I liked about this story?  1) Anna's relationships with her sister and best friends.  The text exchanges alone were super enjoyable.  2) Anna and Liam's chemistry

Sometimes you have to almost lose things to realize how much you can't lose them.

The only thing I wish had been different is that the ending was a bit sudden. I'll check out book 2 when it comes out.
When a young doctor accidentally sends an email to a complete stranger, they start talking online and falling for each other. The only problem as that neither of them is looking for a serious relationship at the moment. But it seems the universe has other plans for them.

I enjoyed this book very much. Novels containing email exchanges are the best and you can't convince me otherwise. We get chapters from both Liam and Anna which was fun and contribted to a better understanding of their feelings and motives. I liked the characters a lot and the plot was interesting to follow.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free e-copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
A very good ya read for this time. I wish I had more books like this when I was a teen so I deff recommend. It was cute and dramatic.
I really enjoyed By Mistake by Sigal Ehrlich.  I have not read anything else by her and discovered her after getting an ARC of this book by Netgalley. I absolutely loved the story line with the gals and their chickens group and how close knit they all are. What's great is that back before Facebook and other mainstream social media, email was definitely the way to communicate and it is very well possible that emails with one letter off in an email address make it to an entirely different recipient.  I loved Anna and Liams story and the realistic journey they went through together.  I definitely recommend this book if you enjoy romance or even 'chicklit'. It has a few 'steamy' scenes but none that give second hand embarrassment to the reader 🤣
By Mistake isn't for me. This Sigal Ehrlich read is not my taste and I don't enjoy the writing style.
Sorry.
I wanted to love this book. It started out very witty and fun. I love the blurb. I really like both of the characters. I just did not feel the heat between these two like I wanted to. It is a slow burn so be prepared. But I wanted to feel that tension between them from the beginning.
I enjoyed this, I liked the characters are even though I thought the fact they had seen each other before was a bit much, was a nice read after work.
I really did not enjoy this book. I pushed through because I like to finish books I've started, but I thought the writing was very immature and it didn't feel like the book had been edited thoroughly or was ready to hit the market.
Thanks to Netgalley and
Sigal Ehrlich OU for the digital copy in exchange for my honest review.

Wow I had high hopes for this one. The premise of this book sounded like exactly the type of book/romance I like to read! However I did not like this book. I DNF at around 40%. The writing was not good and the story was boring. Unfortunately this is a no for me.
I DNFd this after the first page. The writing style was bad, it reminded me of a bad wattpad book to be honest, and I couldn't read it. I was disappointed because the plot seemed interesting but I could not read past the first page to be honest.

Thank you for the opportunity to review.
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

By Mistake was a such a fun book to dive into! In it, you will meet Anna and Liam. How they met was all kinds of awkward mixed with some adorableness. It all started with a random ass email. Now at this moment, I started to develop the 'You've Got Mail' vibes and I was here for it all. Why? Well, they were complete cute flirting via email. It was also pretty impressive that they didn't google search one another the entire time. My fingers would've been itching to do so.

Of course, these two had drama but the chemistry was there. Also, some lovely tension and bantering going on as well. They were also surrounded by amazing side characters. I laughed so much with the chicken girls and his friends. They were all equally hilarious and I'm so glad that we finally got to meet little shit!

In the end, this was all kinds of adorable and a very cute romance to fall in love with. If I ever cross paths with the second book, I will definitely dive into that book just to see who else is going to fall in love within this group of awesome friends. Also, can a wine place actually open and be called Poison and Wine? Or a bar? PLEASE!
This book exceeded my expectations, I was already looking forward to reading based on the synopsis and I fell in love while reading.  Certainly books with medical protagonists are my favorites, except for TV series that I hate, the story has an incredible sense of humor and also tension between the main characters.  I loved that the author explored 100% the friendships of both in the story that made me very happy and satisfied.  Liam and Anna are amazing together, easy to connect with the reader in a quick and fun way.  One of the highlights of the book is also the recognition of both when meeting the author did not dwell on the mystery and did it the right way without getting a tiring story.  A passionate romance that holds you from beginning to end without long chapters and a lot of drama.  Super recommended.

ARC provided by the author and Netgalley. Thanks for the opportunity.
By Mistake by Sigal Ehrlich is a charming, feel good romance. Anna and Liam "meet" when a cheeky email intended for his friend finds its way to Anna's inbox. She can't resist sending a cheeky response, and so begins their friendship. Neither Anna nor Liam is looking for love. They're both independent, career-driven individuals with big plans for their future and no time for commitment. particularly Liam. But, it's clear that their friendship is developing into something neither one of them can resist. By fate, it so happens that they live in the same city and eventually the pair meet IRL and the sparks can't be denied. The story is filled with many side characters and segues in and out of their lives (sometimes unnecessarily so). Anna's friends are quirky, sometimes too cool - like annoyingly so - and fiercely loyal. Liam's friends are like family. As much as they serve to add depth and interest to the story, sometimes the side plots take away from the romance and developing the relationship between Anna and Liam. They have a very cute relationship and I guess I just wanted a bit more. However, there is one issue within the book that I cannot ignore. Anna's obsession with "clean" eating borders on disordered eating. I wish Liam could have been more of a counter balance to Anna's food POV.  At times, she's very preachy about her chosen diet and very often puts down what she perceives to be less nutritious food. It comes up time and time again in the book but at no point is there any acknowledgment of the very real world problem of food insecurity and how unobtainable a diet like Anna's is for a large percentage of the global population. Anna's perspective on nutrition is one of extreme privilege. Frankly, it took away from the likability of her character and of the book. I would have rated it much higher were it not for this aspect.
I loved loved loved this! This is exactly the type of story I'm looking for when reading New Adult romance. It was fluffy and cozy and sweet with realistic, relatable characters and I immensely enjoyed reading it.

The premise is so adorable and was executed so well. I love that the romance started off through a mistaken e-mail, allowing the pair to get to know each other simply for who they are rather than physical attraction, and how their relationship translated almost effortlessly to off screen. The chemistry between Anna and Liam was crazy and I definitely found myself smiling at my e-reader screen while reading more than once. I loved both of their senses of humor!

Anna is such a great character, especially for the New Adult world. She has the perfect balance between pursuing her goals while not quite having everything figured out yet as well as being confident while also still being hesitant at times. Her easygoing nature was a favorite part of the book for me as well as the fact that she wasn't too overly emotional but wasn't afraid to put her heart out there. Liam was an amazing love interest! I love that him being a doctor felt more like his job instead of his Only Defining Quality like it so often comes across in books. His openness and honesty made him so endearing and it's easy to see why Anna fell for him when he had such a good heart. The romance was so sweet and had a great maturity to it with the characters able to communicate like actual adults rather than dragging out misunderstandings. It was so refreshing to read!

Anna's friends were a great addition to the book. I loved reading their group chats and their interactions with each other. They truly each had their own personality and voice and you could even feel the differences in how the 3 interacted who knew each other longer and better compared to how they were still bringing their 4th friend in. I also adored the Panda and "Jonathan" romance subplot. It was so funny to see how it developed and I have to admit I was more invested in it than I thought I'd be.

Overall, this is a great New Adult romance read. It fits the niche perfectly while having a great premise with interesting, relatable characters who actually read as their age. I can't wait to see where the series goes with the two spin-offs featuring other characters in this installment. I'll definitely be picking them up as they become available!
This was a really fun and easy read that I definitely enjoyed! Liam and Anna had great banter and had me laughing out loud at times.

Strangers to friends to lovers is one of my favorite tropes and this book does it very well. I think the whole email aspect was really interesting! Not sure if I would respond to a strangers email  but it seemed to work well for Anna! This book was definitely a slow burn and I found myself getting a bit frustrated with the characters at times. I also think that the slow pace made it hard to stay fully engaged and I found myself rereading a few paragraphs/sentences. Overall, this is a really light read that a lot of people will enjoy!