Cover Image: We Should All Be Millionaires

We Should All Be Millionaires

This was a great book full of tips, advice and focused specifically on being a working woman.

I did feel it was tipped in the favour of women who already own their own business but overall I enjoyed it.

Thank you for the arc.
I read it, I loved it, I handed it to my teenage daughter who has a burgeoning interest in making money! Rodgers's chief assertion is that money talks, and therefore until women—and particularly Black women—have economic power, equality will remain out of reach. She argues why it's good—both individually and collectively—for women to increase their incomes, and shares how she did it in her own life, and how you can do it, too. I found this to be illuminating as well as a lot of FUN to read; I loved Rodgers's smart and snappy style.
I LOVED this one - it made my list of top 10 books I read in 2021 and I'll be including it in the non-fiction section of my 2022 Summer Reading Guide.
Inspiring but lacks anything new. Obviously to become a millionaire you need to work hard, take risks and be lucky. But the book is motivating and might help shift your mindset. The language is a little vulgar which I don’t mind but if that’s not your thing stay away from this book.
Nicely done book. Written in a voice of friendship and understanding. She honestly tries to make it easy for everyone to understand her views and points.
5 stars!

Thank you to NetGalley, Harper Collins Leadership, and Rachel Rodgers for the gifted copy of We Should All Be Millionaires in exchange for an honest review.  I LOVED this book, and highly recommend all women read this book!

How many books about money are written for women?  Very, very few!!!   As women, we aren't always taught to aspire for more, or to believe that we have value when it comes to money.   Rachel Rodgers does a fabulous job with this book!

I actually picked this book up after seeing Rachel do an interview with Gabby Bernstein.  The book really intrigued me.  I also feel like Rachel would be an amazing speaker to see live!

Things I love about this book:
-The empowering messages that women should aspire for more financially. As women, we are not always taught to believe that we can  make money or that we are worth making money!
-A finance book for women!  This is reason alone to pick this book up!
-A book about money for women of every race and ethnicity!  Rachel's story is very empowering!
-Tangible advice throughout the whole book!  Ideas to think about, things to start doing with your current finances, websites, and resources - this book has a lot of information you can take away from it!

As with any personal development book, I think you can take things with you that speak to you, and leave what doesn't!  I honestly think every woman can take things away from this book!  There are so many inspiring messages!  Highly Recommend!
I really wanted to like this book but felt it was very self-serving. I can see how it would help the author grow her millionaire status but unfortunately not the audience. There was a lot of fluff that we've all heard before but unfortunately no real practical steps to make it happen. The hype is great but at the end of the day there must be substance. Unfortunately this book was disappointing to say the least.
I am not usually a fan of non-fiction books, because when I read non-fiction, I like it when it is short and sweet and to the point. I don't want to read a bunch of personal stories (unless it is an autobiography) and I just want the information given to me in a simple format.

While "We Should All Be Millionaires" isn't necessarily a step-by-step guide on how to become a millionaire, Rachel does offer some great ideas and examples on how to make this a reality. I was intrigued and skeptical when I started reading, and I don't actually think that this could work for every women (even though she believes it could), but there are some things I am definitely going to try, and this has helped me to be more mindful of my time and talents. I also love that is is geared towards women (and written by a black woman).

Thanks to Netgalley and publishers for allowing me to read this arc in exchange for an honest review.
I wanted to like this book. As a mixed-race woman of color, I was hoping this author would be the role model I needed for my entrepreneurial journey.

Sadly, no. This book is inspirational, but not a solid primer for someone already in business. It's better suited to folks who aspire to entrepreneurship and are working a day job.

Rodgers plies you with plenty of statistics and stories designed to light a fire under your butt and get you moving, but the book contradicts itself more times than I care to count.

She begins with a story about Madam CJ Walker - the first black millionaire woman in America. While Madam Walker's story is inspiring, Rodgers glosses over the fact that Madam Walker stole the recipe for her original hair care line from her competitor. Is THAT the kind of role model we're supposed to have? Can't we be wealthy AND ethical?

Rodgers makes me wonder.

Rodgers then goes on to tell us we don't have to "stop drinking your three dollar latte", but then shares the story of her friend, Emma, who bought a home and slept on the couch, renting out all the bedrooms so she could live rent-free. That sounds like a different form of "clipping coupons" and "skipping lattes" to me!

Rodgers promises to tell you "how to start making a lot more money.... to add income streams without hustling all the time... generating an extra $1000 to $5000 per month" but the closest she comes in the book is a "$10k in 10 day challenge" that amounts to brainstorming ideas and reaching out to 50 people... something most entrepreneurs I know have already tried in one form or another. We aren't looking for a "cash injection" side hustle to add to our portfolio (especially when Rodgers tells the multi-passionate among us to focus on just ONE thing). We want a clear path to profitable, sustainable revenue. Her challenge ain't it. I'm too busy running my business to be hosting yard sales.

By Chapter 4, Rodgers is selling you on the idea that "if you literally do nothing but join a success squad, you will make more money by osmosis." I call B.S. In more than 25 years as a coach and entrepreneur, I've never seen money just happen because you're in a room. You've got to build relationships, have conversations, and be OF VALUE in those rooms or you don't end up staying long enough to make any money. It just ends up sounding like a pitch for her own programs where "even the least active people in my coaching programs...still wind up making thousands more dollars than they were making before they joined the program." Can we see some stats to back that up, please?

Rodgers does reveal her biggest success secret, and it's not part of her "proven system" - she says it simply in a single paragraph: "being in a room of accomplished people where folks are freely sharing their specific strategies, resources, and referrals for success... But how do you get into these rooms in the first place? Become a joiner." Her path to success was paved on a $2500 investment that not everyone can afford to make.

The book is inspiring, to be sure, and if inspiration and firing up are what you need, this book will serve you well. However, if you're looking for the practical steps to get to millionaire status in 3 years or less as the book promises, you're out of luck. By Rodgers own admission, her "hustling" took her to $300,000 in three  years, not a million.

"We Should All Be Millionaires" makes a solid case for WHY being a millionaire is valuable, but the "steps" Rodgers offers in the book are just specific enough to SOUND helpful (set boundaries, have goals, have systems and a team to support you, surround yourself with a better class of people, stop making BAD decisions, and charge more), and vague enough to not really move the needle. Maybe she's saving those golden nuggets for her online club.
Not just for marginalized women living in the USA

Ninety percent of the world’s millionaires are men.
Rachel Rodgers is the founder of Hello Seven, a company that coaches women in scaling their businesses and their lives to seven figures, and she is determined to change that.
In their newsletter, blog, podcast, and social media channels, Rachel has made her company’s mission extremely clear: We’re here to serve women, people of color, queer folks, and other people who have been financially oppressed and marginalized throughout history. We want to help you earn more money, build wealth, and learn how to become a millionaire.
Whether you like it or not, money is the source of real power in the world.
Some of that power is emotional. Being free of money worries build confidence and self-esteem, combats low self-esteem and enables feelings of being independent and in control.
I found this book to be an excellent summary of the limiting self-beliefs and internal narratives that can lead to self-sabotage and negative thinking.
The concept of Broke Ass Decisions and Million Dollar Decisions is very valid and can be developed into daily practices and habits.
The key to Part 2 of the book – The Million Dollar Roadmap – is being able to capitalise on your sellable experience and expertise, irrespective of the nature of that skillset.
I particularly enjoyed the section on doubling down on your zone of genius and how to focus on one specific passion to build a career.
The 10K in 10 days approach was a real eye-opener!
High recommended for all women who want to take a fresh look at how they add value in the world and be rewarded for that value.
The book is part motivational/ part practical, with encouraging words on reaching for more in your financial life and actionable tips on starting and growing a business. While the advice is suitable to all, Rodgers is clearly writing for women and even more specifically for women of color. Rodgers makes a convincing case for entrepreneurship as a social justice imperative. “Wealthy women open doors for other women,” Rodgers writes.

Read full review on Forbes:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolinecenizalevine/2021/05/04/new-book-makes-a-strong-case-for-entrepreneurship-as-a-social-justice-imperative/?sh=282be2df6b8e
Not only is the cover attractive, but it grasps the true meaning of becoming a millionaire. All those financial gurus who say they’ll help? Yeah, they haven’t met Rachel Rodgers! I am astonished at all the amazing golden ideas in We Should All Be Millionaires by Rachel Rodgers!

From page one through the conclusion and even the appendix, Ms Rodgers has filled with information that’s not only historical, but tried, tested, and truth! She begins the book with a story of a woman who started as a slave and after the Emancipation, she became a millionaire of her day! She took what she knew and was good at and became known among the black communities.

The book goes into how women get paid less than the white man. There’s a pay discrepancy even among non-whites, like African-Americans, American Indians, Hispanics, and Asians. There’s also minority groups of different types who are also less likely to be hired for a job, like obese, LGBTQ, age, etc. Some groups take things into their own hands and start “underground businesses” which the average American doesn’t even know exists!

I really enjoy the way this book was put together. It’s life stories that related the ideas being represented are so relatable that it feels like the individual was telling me their story themselves. I also love the way the ideas that we can all be millionaires is presented. Outsourcing or hiring people to do your housework is a common practice so people can focus their time on things that actually bring in the money. It’s definitely a mindset thing. So to get us all over that first hump of excuses, we are challenged to make $10,000 in 10 days with tips and tricks on how to do it.

We Should All Be Millionaires by Rachel Rodgers is a book all women should read. Even I will be working towards $10,000 in 10 days. But, I’ll shoot for something more doable for me right now at $1000 in 10 days. Plus an extra 15% stretch, so $1150 in 10 days! Talk about a stretch! I’ll do it though!

Special thanks to HarperCollins Leadership via NetGalley! I give this amazing book 5 out of 5 tiaras because I feel I’ve gained so much to utilize for my own business just by reading this book! I also plan on getting a hard cover to add to my ever growing library and I will get copies for my team as well!
I love how she sets the tone of the book with Madam C Walker. If she did it back then, we surely can do it now. This book will give you actionable steps while motivating you to be a millionaire. I love her energy every time she speaks.
Back in 2004 when I attended Institute for Integrative Nutrition, I had no clarity or vision for myself as a business owner, or even simply being self-employed. I had only been in the workforce for about six years, but my then 24-year old self was already feeling my soul being sucked out of me. I had big ideas and nowhere to plant them. I was bored and broken to tears most days, having been forced to let go of my photography career in pursuit of the middle class aspiration of getting a “good job”, one that I would loyally put 30 years into and be rewarded with health insurance, paid time off, and a pension when I retired.

I didn’t need to like the work I was doing, the people I worked with, or my employers. I was simply there to fulfill the job requirements and collect a check. That paycheck, along with job security, was supposed to be enough motivation to keep up and keep going. But it wasn’t. It doesn’t matter how much or how little I’ve made, I was not thriving in this model.  I’ve had all kinds of work experiences from office administration to customer service to food and farming. While I’m grateful for those experiences, they never nourished me to the level that being in control of my time and choosing which projects I wanted to work on did.

I’ve been working towards sustainable self-employment for over fifteen years, toggling back and forth between cash jobs and promoting my own offers. While I enjoy an enviable level of time freedom, consistent and abundant cash flow continues to elude me. I’ve read countless books about mindset and money, taken courses, and masterminded with friends and colleagues who share my aspirations.

But I didn’t know that I needed to constantly surround myself with women who looked like me that were at the level I was trying to get to. I didn’t know that delegating work I wasn’t particularly good at or interested in would free up my time and mental space to focus on the work that really mattered to me. I thought I had to wait until I could afford it, and I wasted so much time and energy in the process.

I also didn’t know how to charge enough to pay myself a living wage, because all I was hearing was that I needed to charge at a level where the most people could afford to pay me instead of working with a small, dedicated few at a higher level. Even when I would tell prospects that it costs me the same to host a free workshop as it does to host a paid one, I was still undercharging. Even when I was showing up impatient and angry with clients for wasting my time with bs, not doing any of the work to get the results they claimed they wanted, I was still undercharging.

When one of my best sisterfriends introduced me to Rachel Rodgers years ago, I had no idea that a million dollar business was even possible for me. I couldn’t imagine telling someone that I charge five and ten thousand dollars to work with me. My nervous system is going into overdrive now just thinking about it. It’s not about how I perceive my worth or value. I’m really good at what I do and I get my clients results. It’s the idea that I could show up as myself and have that kind of money coming to me every month in less hours a week that I would have given any “good job” that’s out there, without the microaggressions, without being overworked, undervalued, underappreciated, and underpaid, without having to dim my light or play small, that is mindblowing to me.

I’m still not at the level where I am charging this amount of money, but I’m recalibrating and reimagining what’s possible for my life. What I love about Rachel Rodgers and her manifesto that We Should All Be Millionaires is that it’s not about the money. You don’t need to have a million dollars in the bank to have a rich life. Actually, you shouldn’t have that amount of money in the bank just sitting there because money is energy. It should always be working and growing. We Should All Be Millionaires is about cultivating a life of abundance that you can pay forward (no pun intended) by creating opportunities for yourself and others. It’s about recognizing and playing to your strengths. It’s about having the time, space, and cashflow to support yourself and your family, and give back to the community.

I know that a lot of people, especially women, are going to read this book and miss the message, or see the title and not read it because they are stuck in a story about what they deserve or who they think they aren’t. They are going to think this is about budgeting and investing and be disappointed. They will continue to make broke ass decisions instead of million dollar decisions. They are not going to make money and impact in their lives and in the lives of others.

But for those that do read it, I hope it inspires them to play a bigger game, to go out and build community with like minds that will help them reach their goals and create a ripple effect. Because we should all be millionaires.
"Should" is the clue to understanding this vigorous book. Part fiery, motivational activism, part money mindset, part tender confessional, part social history: every woman should read it. Rachel shows how not to fear money, how to make more money and that making money is a social duty that enhances our freedom and economies.
I own quite a few money books. Guess how many of them I've read? 1. 2 now with this one. This is the book I needed. I love how it is laid out. I love the topic. I love the perspective. I love that it is heavily researched and there are SOURCES! Yes!!!!! Every woman should read this book. It spoke to me just the way I needed as a female entrepreneur. I never felt I was being talked down to. I felt empowered and honestly enraged at some of the statistics. Every woman needs to read this book. We should all be millionaires.
As the book says, we all have the ingredients to be millionaires, we just need a different recipe. Great concept in this book, with a lot of motivation that inspired me. But this book isn’t just for anyone and everyone. Although she wants women to get to the point they don’t have to sacrifice life for money, or vice versa, the steps in this book clearly do the opposite. Lots and lots of work involved, and some things that simply won't work for many of us (i.e. hire a personal assistant). However, it was a great book with great tips and high inspiration. I enjoyed her sharing personal stories and do recommend the book.
Rachel Rodgers is on a mission is to help entrepreneurs make more money. She envisions a world where men and women have equal financial power and access to all the options that financial freedom affords. In this must-read book, Rachel breaks down how to build wealth regardless of where you are starting. With clear direction and practical insights, she teaches you how to increase your income while maintaining strong relationships and healthy habits. Equal parts inspirational and revolutionary, this book will not only change the reader's life but will also ripple across the globe and impact generations to come.
This book is geared towards women  who are new to the realms of investing and personal finance. While there's some solid advice, it's mostly personal anecdotes sprinkled with a little money guidance.  I'm glad she ended up with a million dollars, but I can't say I left feeling like this book is going to help me get further along in my own wealth journey.
Rachel is a powerful voice for women at all stages and from all corners - you absolutely can be a millionaire. I have amassed a HUGE amount of notes scribbled whilst reading this book - every page is packed full of value with a good mix of stories and no BS guidance. This isn’t a book about cutting out the lattes. This is a book which empowers you to make choices which put you first and enable you to shoot for the life you deserve. Feel so motivated and will be exploring Rachel’s membership now - she’s a huge inspiration and I want some more of her!