Cover Image: Diary of the Cat Named Carrot

Diary of the Cat Named Carrot

Carrot is adorable. This book was a quick and easy read, suitable for ages over 13, in my opinion. As there is some sadness and growth, not just a cute cat. After you read the 'look at the bright side novel you will want to find Carrot on social media to continue the cat's story.
The Diary of the Cat Named Carrot follows a year (and a bit more) of the life of Carrot - a kitten who found his forever home with a family who had space in their heart.  It's told from Carrot's perspective and in a blog type of format making it easy to read and follow along.

Carrot seems to be quite the cat!  There are tons of photos documenting every day life, birthdays, holidays, tea parties - you name it.

This would be a great book to read to kids about cat ownership - especially with families that have just brought a new pet into their home.
sadly i didnt get to read this book as I had no spare time as I was working double shifts as an RN during Covid
This is a cute book with adorable photos that is written in a blog format. It covers the acclimation of a cat to her new home and family. I think it would be fun to read to children while preparing to get a new feline friend.
This was a darling story about what joy a special cat brings into this family's life.  The pictures are adorable  and charming.  This love story to a cat should persuade even the hardest holdouts that they need this kind of love in their life.
This is an adorable book. I might even give it 4.5 stars. The formatting looks like a blog, and maybe it is supposed to, because the cat is supposedly an internet celebrity. The photos are precious. I love cats, though I was not previously familiar with this furry Internet star.
This book is basically a picture book with actual photos of the cat and children. It covers the first year of the cat's life in her fur-ever home, as told from the cat's perspective. This book would make great discussion material for families and school groups. The author includes plenty of information about adopting a cat into a family with children. She also introduces other topics such as spaying/neutering and basics of cat care. The book is readable, entertaining, and educational (especially for young people). I think children (and parents) would really enjoy this book.
As a side note, this woman's family looks like a fairytale.
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Pictures of a cat.... Can't go wrong.

Carrot is the sequel new kitty in the family. I did not read the first one. This is a series of a picture then a description of Carrot's thoughts. Even though this is a book about Carrot.  It seems to be more of a memory album of all 4 kids (including furbaby). Descriptions could go a little long sometimes. But enjoyable.
I received an ARC of this title from NetGalley for an honest review. This is the story of Carrot a tiny orange kitten who started life in a shelter but found a wonderful home.
A book with full of love.
I like all the cute photos in the books.
The stories are all sweet and cute.
A perfect book for cat lovers! Loved the pictures and the cute stories.
Highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
Princess Fuzzypants here:  Was there anyone not moved by the video and pictures of Bailey, the remarkable cat who was the love of his family’s life, especially the little girls?  Was there a dry when the last thing Bailey heard was “You are my sunshine”.? He was a most remarkable fellow who could and would never be replaced.  But as all pet parents know, while there will always be that hole in the heart, there can be a new love to help salve the hurt of loss.

Carrot, after a few false starts, adopted his three girls and has admirably attempt to fill some very big paws.  His diary, filled with lovely anecdotes and insights and decorated with some of the cutest pictures, will show the reader he has been very successful.  Like Bailey, he has no objection to wearing clothes or being carted around in various conveyances, something that I would never accept but must admit looks good on him.

He is sweet and cheeky and funny and ever so well loved.  No.  He could never replace Bailey.  He is a star on his own.  Cat fans will clamour for this diary.  I give it five purrs and two paws up.
This book has lots of adorable cat photos of Carrot and her three human sisters.  The diary goes through her first year with her new family and their adventures while growing up together.  Fans of Carrot and newbies alike will surely enjoy this title!
There is no day so bad (or good) that can not be improved by spending time with a cat.
Orange cats have a special appeal to me. They just seem to be larger than life and born with extra personality.
I was a joy to spend time reading Carrot's diary. The sweet family he was adopted into share photos and anecdotes, over a years worth!
I am not active on Instagram and don't spend a lot of time watching television talk shows, so I was not aware of Carrot's internet fame before discovering this book. Now I may have to seek out his social pages.

This is a fun escape book to procrastinate with when I should be folding laundry.
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was a quick, fun read. I love cats, and it was cute reading about life from the viewpoint of Carrot, the cat. Full of photos, which would be best viewed in a hardcopy of the book, not on a kindle.

My only issue had to do with the formatting. The copy I got was presented out of order. For instance, I'd go from a diary post dated May 2, then next to November 8,, then the back page, then April 9th. You get the idea. So it made it a bit hard to follow, but I got the general idea.

Even with my issues, it's a charming book. Would be ideal for younger children, ages 3 to 10.
I am not following Carrot on instagram, so I was not familiar with this celebricat, but I was expecting something more fun and creative from this book.

The cover is gorgeous, but the content inside it's made out of family photos and snippets. There are a bit too many with the kids for my liking (sorry, sorry, I am sure they are great kids, but this book clearly works only if you are family or familiar with the cat and this family). Seeing a picture or two is sweet and cute, but overall I was expecting a higher production quality and more creativity.

As I said, it's cute as a family book to share with your close circle, but it's not really something for the entire world. I too go around imagining what might cats might think and have lots of fun with my husband talking about that, but I don't think it'd be that entertaining for others unless they know my cats.

I feel a tad bit bad for giving it one star (let's say 1.5 stars) because I am sure this is a dear book for the family, but at the same time, this is how I feel about this book.
This is quite possibly the most adorable book I have ever read! I requested to read this book on Netgalley because not only am I a cat lover, but I also used to have a cat named Carrot too. I missed my old cat, so I was hoping this book could soothe my longings.

Diary of the Cat Named Carrot is a picture book with diary entries, supposedly from the perspective of Carrot, a female orange tabby cat. The entries are dated from when Carrot was born, and then was adopted into the family, continuing until around a year living with the family. Carrot is a very sweet cat; even without the diary entries, the pictures themselves showed how much she enjoyed living with the family that adopted her. The family has three young daughters, and the girls always included Carrot in whatever they did.

The fact that Carrot  simply let her family dress her up and take pictures of me really awed me. I have always wanted cats that love you so much to the point they let you do whatever you want with them (with love, of course) but unsurprisingly they never came to me. The cats that I had (and the strays that I fed) all had attitudes and would never give in to me! Seeing how gentle and well-mannered Carrot seemed to be made me love this book more.

I really had fun reading through this book—the pictures of Carrot and the girls are adorable, and some of the diary entries are hilarious too. It was a quick read as well, with only 160 pages and half being pictures of the cat. But personally, I probably would not have purchased this book myself. Although the contents are cute and fun, they were not that meaningful to me. Perhaps because I was not a follower of Carrot on her social medias, and also because I do not know the family of Carrot personally. I would think that this book would  really be lovely for those who have followed Carrot's journey prior to the publication of this book.
The sweetest book about a cute cat named Carrot. I loved the little outfits and her story. I think my little nieces will love this book - a book for cat lovers and all animal lovers. Pets are more than just pets, they are our best friends. No matter what, we love them unconditionally and that is what we see in this book. Beautiful illustrations too! Thanks NetGalley for the e-ARC.
2,5/5

Is this a nice idea? Yes. Have I seen this executed better? Yes.
As awful as this sounds - some pet stories should just stay in the family.

Review copy provided by the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
I would like to say thank you to Net Gallery for sending me this book in exchange for an honest review.

Now, let me tell you this book was a adorable! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5/5 stars. It's a picture book which both adults and children can enjoy. The writing is simple and easy to read as well. I, myself, am a cat lady and have been following Carrot the cats story for awhile. But for those of you who haven't, let me give you an abbreviated synopsis.

After losing their cat Bailey; Erin Merryn and her three daugters, Abby, Hannah, and Claire welcome a new addition to their household. A ginger kitten they name Carrot. The book is narrated by Carrot herself, and along with stories and pictures, chronicle the family's eveyday life.
Go give @thecatnamedcarrot a follow. It's a lovely page. And while you're there please send some love to Carrot's human mom Erin who is going through a hard time right now ❤

Posting to my Instagram booknookcook04 on 03/27 at around 8am
A sweet balm to any cat lover’s soul. Lose yourself in the beauty of simple, joyful love expressed between a family and a feline. I grabbed this book because Carrot reminded me so much of my own dear tabby, Sunshine, and I wanted to celebrate that relationship. I love the journal format of Carrot’s perspective and the pictures of everyday life. I laughed out loud at the antics (of both Carrot and the girls!) and sighed at the sweetness. I received a complimentary copy from the publisher through NetGalley and all opinions expressed are my own, freely given.