Cover Image: Gamora & Nebula

Gamora & Nebula

I didn't read comics growing up so had no idea these lovely ladies even existed until GOTG came to movies.  How I wish I did! When I saw there was a new novel available about them only I had to get it and was fortunate enough to score a ARC from NetGalley and Disney publishing for my honest opinion. Well this Novel did not disappoint! You get the bickering and competition you expect from the Sisters along with their bond for each other. The story was enjoyable and moved along nicely to keep you entertained. I'll be sure to check out the other novels by this author since she did a good job with representing Nebula and Gamora.
I might just be biased because Gamora and Nebula are two of my favorite characters in the Marvel universe, but I really enjoyed this book. The characters are very Intune with how they are in the movies, and their relationship as sisters is a view I was very excited to see. Since the movies don't go too much into their relationship, it was great to get insight into the backstory of these characters. While the book is written for people around 12, it can be read by people of all ages. It's a great addition to the Marvel universe.
I was intrigued with this book from the moment I heard Mackenzi Lee would be publishing it. I fell in love with her as an author after picking up "Loki". Gamora & Nebula did not disappoint me once. The story had absorbed me from beginning to end; as any good book should.
I will admit Gamora is not a favourite character of mine from all my years of being a Marvel fan, but that did not stop me from being in love with the story. This story is focused heavily between the bonds of sisters, and the rivalry the two share. I felt it was a common theme through the novel, and Lee did an excellent job exploring this major theme and explaining the motives of both main characters.
I cannot wait to see what else Lee comes up with next as I am always in awe of her writing.
I'll be honest, I'm in love with Marvel. I have watched Marvel movies since I was in school and they've always given me a place to escape to.  Before that I was a massive fan of the original Captain America comics. I have a long history with Marvel and I was really excited to read this.

Nebula and Gamora's story was of particular interest to me, because I didn't know much about them. I watched Guardians of the Galaxy, of course, as I'm sure most of us have, and I always wondered if there was more to the story. Who were Nebula and Gamora before they hated each other? Why did they hate each other. Surely there was more to the story than what was written into the screenplay.

And I was right. This book was so interesting to me. It told a story of sisterhood, of a bond that can't be broken even when there is hatred for each other. This was a quick and refreshing book to read between my current binge of thrillers and I really enjoyed it.
Another great Marvel story. I have very strong opinions on this title. The dynamics between Gamora and Nebula were never of interest to me. However, this novel truly changed my opinion about their sisterhood. Their back and forth drama and sisterhood. It truly opened my eyes into their personalities.
Full disclosure: I love superhero stories, especially ones with women superheroes. That said, I’m not a huge Marvel fan. I mean, I’ve seen all the movies, but I am more likely to pick up something from DC to read.

I couldn’t resist this one about Gamora and Nebula though as I like both of them, and Gamora (along with Baby Groot) has always been the highlight of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies for me. This is an excellent book! I loved it!

It kept me interested and wondering where it would go next. Plenty of adventure and badass women too. (Also, I loved that Gamora got hit on by a woman and that there were several mentions of wlw side characters.) I’d recommend this to any superhero fans, fans of space adventure stories, and fans of books with strong heroines. Very enjoyable.
NetGalley ARC Educator 550974

Familial relationships are hard enough without a tyrant for a father and an untrustworthy sister. What can Gamora or Nebula do but Thanos' bidding? They find themselves on a harsh planet trying to take down the system that oppresses generations of beings. Can they come together or will they fight each other forever?

This was my first novel of this sort but will not be my last. I look forward to the next book of the sister's saga.
This book was received as an ARC from Disney Publishing Worldwide - Marvel Press in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I am a huge fan of Guardians of the Galaxy and Gamora is one of my favorite characters so I was super ecstatic to preview this book. I was hooked from the very beginning. The language used was perfect for engaging readers and sparking their interest. The storyline was brilliant and the struggle of family bonds between Gamora and Nebula were so passionate and dramatic that I absolutely could not stop reading the book. Secrets unveil themselves that take a whole new turn that will leave your heart pumping lots of blood and your jaws dropped wide open. I know this will be in demand with our teen book club and I can't wait to see their reactions.

We will consider adding this title to our YA collection at our library. That is why we give this book 5 stars.
If you loved any of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, then this book is for you. This would be a great parent/child read, taking turns reading the pages.