Cover Image: Breach of Honor

Breach of Honor

When I saw the name of this author comes up, I was quick to grab this book. Having read a few of her books in the past I remember really liking them.  And the same holds true for this book.  It was an edgy story with unpredictable things happening.  Dangerous unpredictable things that often reached out to other people than just Leah and Clint.  It didn't take long for me to be pulling for Leah and then Clint and the both of them together.  He had it right they did make for a good team.

The action was both fast and fierce when it came to the conspiracy.  I hate bullies and this story seemed to teem with them.  But that's not to get discouraged because there were also plenty of good guys.  They were praying and dong things in the natural that they could to get to the bottom of things and get justice.
It had just a dramatic ending as you could expect ending with a good Epilogue.

I received  a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
This was my first book by Janice Cantore.  It is an engaging story that has a too true ring to it with the world we live in today. Her central message of prayer being the first and best defense before you go into battle no matter how big or small that battle might seem is one we needed to heard over and over.

**I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest opinion. This opinion is mine and mine alone.
Every time I read something by Janice Cantore, I'm reminded of how much I love her writing. This books is GRIPPING and keeps you at the edge of your seat.
Leah is a police officer who finds herself in the throws of violent marriage. Despite her training, she just can't seem to take the necessary steps in her own life. After killing her husband in self defense, Leah is convicted of murder. This book details her journey through the prison system, as well as the process trying to overturn a  wrongful conviction. Greed, corruption, generational narcissism, unearthing the truth, and the faults of the justice system are all highlighted, and will keep you captivated.
Cantore's real life experiences pain such a vivid picture. Her writing is a hidden gem in the Christian Fiction genre; such grit but such grace! This is a great read. Well done, Janice Cantore!

I received a copy of this book digitally via NetGalley. I also ordered a copy from Baker Book House. I read and reviewed this book voluntarily, and all opinions expressed here are unbiased and entirely my own.
It's been a couple of years since I read a story by Janice Cantore. That was a big mistake on my part. In that time frame I had forgotten just how good her stories are. She is a retired law enforcement officer and that experience shines through in her writing.

Breach of Honor revolves around the law enforcement of Table Rock, Oregon. On the outside all looks fine but when you begin to break open the shell you see deep corruption. Unfortunately the corruption isn't limited to just the police department. Other departments and even civilians are involved. Uncovering all of the participants can prove deadly.

This book includes domestic violence, smuggling, and any other form of corruption that you can imagine. Just when you think you understand what is going on a new element will be uncovered. You really don't know everything until the very end.

If you are a fan of romantic suspense then this is definitely a book you want to get your hands on. I'm looking forward to going back and reading Janice's books that I have missed. You better believe that I won't let this much time lapse again before I read more from her!

I received a copy of this book to facilitate my review.
This is a great cop story and excellent suspense tale that explores dirty cop, prison life, small town politics and domestic abuse.  Janice Cantore is one of my favorite authors in this genre.

Leah Radcliffe is a copy married to a cop and also the victim of domestic abuse.  Clint Tanner is another cop that has admired Leah for many years and is ready to help when Leah is unjustly accused of murder.  This is an engaging tale that keeps the reader riveted.  If this is your genre, this should be next on your reading list.

I have voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book that I received from NetGalley.  All views expressed are only my honest opinion.
This was one of those stories that really touched me.  Thankfully, I've never experienced domestic violence, but I realize it's a real problem for many women (and in some cases men).
The author tackled this subject in a powerful way. She developed a character that you could relate to and empathize with.
I also appreciated how the author showed some of the harsh realities of the justice system. It's not always right nor does it act quickly, but there is a greater justice at play.
I love stories that have a line of redemption in them, and the author gives the us this at many different levels. This was a beautiful story.

If you've read Cantore before, I think you'll enjoy this story.  If she's a new author to you and you enjoy stories that deal with real life situations in a compassionate and engaging way I think you'll enjoy this one.

Disclaimer: I did receive this book from the publisher but was under no obligation to write a review; all opinions expressed are my own.
"In a perfect world, domestic and violence were two words that wouldn't belong together. In a reality, this was a typical summertime call."

Leah Radcliffe became a police officer to help other people. But she is not willing to let others know that her husband (and fellow police officer) is abusing her. The fact that she did not end up telling anyone ends up hurting her when few people believe her that when she finally fought back that it is self-defense. The truth is hard to come by even when it is apparent that secrets are being covered up.

Because the author is a former police officer, the details included in this book ring true. I feel like I look at domestic violence in a whole new way now. Situations are more complicated than they appear on the surface. I liked that this book involved a fight for justice. I think that I have much more sympathy for the plight of those who are mistreated.

I did read a copy of this book through NetGalley. I wanted to write a review. All opinions are my own.
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. I don't usually read stories that deal with domestic violence but this story has a faith foundation and more depth than I expected. I connected with the characters and loved the  slow-burning, slow-building romance. It's outside of my usual genres, but I loved delving into something fresh and new.
In this story of domestic abuse between two police officers, you meet Leah Radcliffe and her husband Brad. After a particularly brutal encounter, Leah finds herself on the other side of the law - this time in handcuffs. Will her friends at the police department believe it was self-defence or does her deceased husband & his family have far-reaching power to influence the courts.
I expected a high energy, quick read but instead found a book full of character development and growth in God as a loving Father. Parts of this book moved slower then I would prefer but there was still enough action to keep me entertained and interested until the end.

I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Book Title: Breach of Honor by Janice Cantore
Book Reviewer: Donna Feyen
Breach of Honor by Janice Cantore may be her best book yet! What a powerful story.

The book spans several years and it divided into three parts.

Leah is a police officer who refuses to acknowledge she is a victim of domestic abuse by her police officer husband. When he takes it too far Leah fights back.

As Leah deals with the consequences and the public’s reactions she has few supporters. Clint is a fellow police officer and one of her supporters. Watching their friendship develop into possibly more was refreshing.

There were so many things I loved about this book. The slow building relationship, the relationships she developed with Nora and the women and the faith elements that were discussed.

Triggers – domestic abuse, prison,

I highly recommend this well developed and beautifully written novel.
A thoroughly intriguing case of domestic violence that tears apart the lives of two married officers. Leah Radcliff has made excuses, just like the women that she counsels when she answers a domestic violence call. But her marriage is different, isn’t it? Her husband Brad is a hero to the town, a cop’s cop and the son of wealthy parents. How can she report him as an abusive spouse? When the actions she must take results in Brad’s death, she finds herself judged harshly by her fellow officers and the courts. How can she battle the evil that has invaded the department and town? One of her only friends left is Officer Clint Tanner who knows that she acted in self-defense. An outstanding story that walks the reader through the efforts of Clint and others to fight for justice for Leah. Wonderful characters, danger, suspense and a story that will keep you cheering for Leah as she accepts the power of prayers. I received an advance review copy at no cost and without obligation for an honest review. (by paytonpuppy)
** “God works in ways none of us understands. If we completely understood everything that goes on in the world, then we would be God, or at least we’d make ourselves gods. Have faith that God knows the big picture and it will all work out the way he intends it to. The right thing to ask is ‘Show me how you’re working and what my job is in all of this.’ ” **

Janice Cantore delivers another incredible suspense thriller with “Breach of Honor,” a story highlighting domestic violence, what happens when powerful people go bad, and the power of prayer.

When Police Officer Leah Radcliff finds herself in a deadly situation after being a victim of domestic violence, her life quickly swirls out of control as she faces devastating battle after devastating battle.

With very few people supporting her, including most of the police force, she finds comfort and support when fellow cop Clint Tanner fights to find the truth behind her story. And while they fight to solve the corruption in their community and right the wrongs committed against Leah, might they just find love too?

“Breach of Honor” is a fast-paced thriller written with the expertise of a former police officer. Cantore does a great job of weaving together an intense plot while creating some wonderfully likable characters as well as some truly evil ones. She also fills the book with several great themes, like we cannot move forward if we’re always looking back; the impact of blame and self-pity; the power of hope; how to respond to life’s difficulties; and how to overcome the belief that God is vindictive, allowing evil to prosper while punishing the innocent.

Prayer is a huge theme running throughout the novel — prayer is a powerful weapon and should be the first one drawn; and God hears our prayers. (“I know now that God listens, he hears every prayer, and nothing is wasted.”)

Fans of authors like Lynette Eason, Terri Blackstock and Irene Hannon will love this standalone novel.

Five stars out of five.

Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. provided this complimentary copy through NetGalley for my honest, unbiased review.
Breach of Honor by Janice Cantore gives readers insight into the inner workings of small-town police. Leah Radcliffe and her husband work for the department, but Brad has a bad temper and Leah hides his abuse from others. Leah is caught up in clearing her name after a self-defense shooting, with most of the town turning against her.

This story isn’t as action-packed as some of Cantore’s other novels. Lots of suspense in trying to figure out who the good guys are vs the bad guys. But a lot of the story deals with Leah’s transformation. When everyone is against her and she’s in the darkest of circumstances, she realizes who she can trust and turns to God. The message is heavy on the spiritual aspects and internal struggles of Leah to find hope in the midst of some terrifying circumstances. There’s a budding romance with fellow officer Clint, one of the few people that believes Leah’s innocence.

Definitely a good story, though the topic is a heavy one with the subject of domestic abuse. Janice Cantore’s novels are always so realistic as she puts much of her police experience into the pages. This is definitely an intense read, but one with a message of hope weaved throughout.

Overall Rating:
4 stars (I liked it a lot and would definitely recommend)

Suspense Rating:
4 stars (lots of action and suspense to keep me intrigued)

I received an ebook review copy of this book through NetGalley. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.
A fantastic police procedural that had me hooked from page one with fantastic character connections and an adrenaline laced story!

Oregon Police officer Leah Radcliff spends every day trying to help others when she is the one that really needs help from Brad, her abusive husband. Even though she has helped countless victims of abuse, she has a hard time believing she is a victim. Brad is a fellow officer and a decorated hero; his family is a staple in town and wields a lot of influence causing Leah to keep her abuse to herself. One night though things go too far and ends up with deadly consequences. Leah has all public opinion against her and is convicted of murdering her husband. Officer Clint Tanner is one of the only ones who believes she acted in self-defense. He works with Leah’s attorney to bring to light the darker side of Brad and others in the department to save Leah.

It has been a long time since I have had a new Janice Cantore novel and I had forgotten how much I enjoy her writing. These books are so well crafted with authentic storylines and characters that are so easy to follow and connect with. Cantore’s time as an officer brings her writing to a higher level than most other authors I have read. I connected with Leah right away, something about the way she was written resonated with me, she had so many struggles, yet she refused to give up. She is a strong female protagonist with a great story. Many of the secondary characters were great too; Nora had a real impact on moving the story along, and Vicki, only in there for a little bit still brought great tension at just the right moments.

The romance aspect of the book played out perfectly for me. Sometimes in a romantic suspense novel, the romance can overshadow the suspense and take me out of the story; here though, there was so much tension I couldn’t do anything else but keep turning the pages to see what was going to happen. A lot happens throughout this book but all of it provides substance to the story and left me wanting more. I don’t know if there will be more coming from these characters, but if there is, you can bet I will be checking it out. I recommend this book to lovers of police procedurals and romantic suspense; you won’t be disappointed.

I received a complimentary copy of this title from the publisher.  The views and opinions expressed within are my own.
Breach of Honor by Janice Cantore is a Christian romantic suspense story. The story is so full of action and suspense that kept me reading to see what was going to happen. There are so many things I enjoyed about this story. I really enjoyed the strength Leah has to endure her situation as well as the constant search for the truth by Officer Tanner. I liked how realistic the story is where it come to her father’s need to let the legal team go. I especially enjoyed how Leah was given the perfect cell mate and how she finally turned her life back to God. I appreciate how Leah felt so many normal things about her relationship with her husband and why she did not mention it to others.

This story touches on faith as well as sensitive topics as abuse, murder, and legal injustice. I have been waiting for this book and it is even better than I expected.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley and Tyndale House Publishing. This is my honest review.
Leah Radcliff is a police officer, married to another police officer who is also an abuser.  Leah has lived with Brad's abuse and in a moment she reacts to his abuse with deadly consequence.  Breach of Honor delves into the legal and emotional repercussions of that moment and so much more.

This latest from Janice Cantore, a former law enforcement officer, is a character driven story.  The story builds slowly, but readers it is well worth it.  Leah fights to prove her action was one of self defense.  Unfortunately, Brad came from a prominent local family and was a local hero.  As the story unfolds, we learn that Brad was involved in illegal activities.  Her fellow officers turn their backs on Leah, but she finds an ally in Clint Tanner who believes in her along with her father.

Faith plays a major character in this story and Cantore seamlessly integrates it into the story.

This novel has everything a reader could want, a great plot, characters that are well developed, suspense, romance, and a thrilling conclusion.  I have read all of Janice Cantore's Christian Decetive novels and have not been disappointed with any of them.

Thank you to NetGalley for an ARC of this novel.  The review is my own opinion.
1.  I can’t change anything that has already happened.
2.  Blame is irrelevant. It will change nothing.
3.  I have to move forward and make better choices.
4.  I need to remember what it felt like to walk with God, not away from Him.
(Chapter 22

The Table Rock, OR, police department has a problem - only no one knows it. It occasionally raised its ugly head throughout the years, but it became more obvious when Leah Radcliff, a member of the Table Rock PD, shot and killed her husband, another Table Rock Police Officer. The jury found her guilty and the judge sentenced her to 25 years to life. That was the published version of the story.

But that version of the story did not include the clandestine meetings her husband had late at night, it did not tell the years of violence that had defined much of Leah’s marriage, and it did not include the vicious attack that occurred the night she shot him. It would take five years, a new lawyer, a new trial, and the cooperation of the Table Rock PD, the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department, the Oregon State Police, and the FBI, to follow all the leads and bring the truth into the spotlight.

The result is one of the best faith-based thrillers that this reviewer has read. Though much of the story focuses on the corruption present in the Table Rock PD, it also exposes the pain and grief associated with domestic violence. I appreciate the fact that the author has chosen to include the phone number and website for the National Domestic Violence Hotline at the beginning of the book. Much Christian fiction deals with difficult topics, but then offers no sources of help for those in need. A major plus for this book. I give the book five stars.
______________
This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review. The opinions expressed are mine alone.
This book is a well written suspense book. However, I would describe more as a legal suspense than action suspense. I felt as if it was a bit long and more focussed on the legalities and character development. Basically, it was good, but it wasn't what I was expecting and not really more normal taste in books. As I've seen one person describe it, if you're looking for character development and a story about someone finding God, then this is for you. If you're looking for an action packed romantic suspense, then this probably isn't it.
Breach of Honor by Janice Cantore is a fast, action-packed thriller from start to finish. This is the best book I've read from this author. I love the strong, capable heroines that she always includes in her novels. In this novel, Leah is one of her best. Ms Cantore did a remarkable job at portraying the complexities involved in domestic violence, how difficult it is to admit that it is occurring. Also, this book really brought a women's prison to life in a way that I had never experienced in any book previously. So much detail and background that added much to the story. Overall, I loved this book and think readers of Christian suspense will love it too. I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher with no obligations. These opinions are entirely my own.
This was a refreshing new take on my go-to genre! I’ve enjoyed Janice Cantore’s books in the past, but she’s gone to a whole new level with this one! It’s really, REALLY good!

Be warned though, it’s definitely not an easy read. Leah is a cop whose husband (who is also a cop) is abusive… and one day she is pushed to take drastic action… and let’s just say it doesn’t turn out well for her…

If you’ve ever wondered how or why someone can be a victim of domestic abuse and never say a word about it to anyone… Leah is a perfect case study… and the results are devastating!

Clint was also a fantastic character. His unflinching support when so many don’t believe Leah is heartwarming and I love the fact that they had history together. He wasn’t just someone new she met amidst the horrible circumstances.

Well worth the read! And I will be rereading it in the future! Highly recommend, but be aware, if domestic violence is a sensitive topic for you, this book doesn’t flinch away in its depiction, so you may wish to be cautious… I think it would still be worth reading though…

Thank you @tyndalehouse and @netgalley for the ARC. I was only required to provide an honest review in return.