Cover Image: Don't Give the Enemy a Seat at Your Table

Don't Give the Enemy a Seat at Your Table

I absolutely loved Don't Give the Enemy a Seat at Your Table by Louie Giglio.  Mr. Giglio uses Psalms 23 to teach and inform the reader of the Enemy's tactics on how he tries to get to our table that the Lord has before us in the "presence of our enemies".  Mr. Giglio teaches us that to win the battle in our mind is to know what God says about us through the Bible.  I used this book as part of my devotion time and I highly recommend it.  Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for the opportunity to read this book!  (This review is also on GoodReads.)
I love the premise of this book. It came at the perfect time. I needed the contents of this book. It’s full of truth, based in scripture, written in a way that glorifies and honors God and calls the reader to move forward instead of sitting and stewing in the muck. However, I felt like it was a little circular. It felt like it lacked clear structure and like I was reading the same thing over and over. I’m not even quite sure what it needed to make it better. More stories perhaps? More examples of what this looks like in real life. More story of people who have come through these things. Something. Overall the book was good. I’m glad I read it. Just wish it had that extra something…
I received a copy from NetGalley. I was in no way required to write a positive review. All thoughts are my own.
This is a straightforward, inspiring book full of practical advice and real world examples. I appreciate how, unlike some self-help books, this doesn't feel bloated. It's somewhat short and feels like just the right length.

Giglio pulls no punches, explaining how anxiety, shame, and other emotions can be the work of the enemy to separate us from God. You can tell from the title that he doesn't shy away from referencing the enemy/Satan. As an Episcopalian, the tone was a bit different than what I'm used to. However, I really appreciated the message and highlighted many portions that I will try to implement in my own life.

There's a good mixture of anecdotes (not too many, thank goodness), Biblical interpretation, and real world suggestions. Highly recommended for anyone wanting to grow in their Christian faith.
Another book from Louie that allows go to claim victory and defeat the lies the Devil comes at us with. We have the power in Jesus name to not be taken under but to rewrite the script with truth.
#Don'tgivetheenemyaseatatyourtable, #Netgalley

Thank you Netgalley for an advance copy of this in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this book. I have already recommended it to friends.  Louie Giglio takes us through different ways we are giving the enemy access into our lives. It is what keeps us from living the abundant life that God has for us. In Psalm 23 we see that God prepares a table in the presence of our enemies. This is what much of  this book centers around. It has prompted me to want to study this psalm a little closer now. There are so many great examples of how we can change our lives by changing our focus.

This is a short book but it  is full of good and practical advise based off scripture to live a life of victory over the enemy. I highly recommend.
I have been a “fan” of Louie’s for many years because of his straightforward and easy way of speaking that doesn’t come across as preachy.
Louie was in the middle of a struggle and he was looking for support from a friend who would commiserate with him, and instead that friend told him “Don’t give the enemy a Seat at your Table.” That inspired him to rethink his situation and address it differently, which in turn inspired this book.
The Bible clearly states that the devil is a liar and wants to defeat you and it’s usually us that lets him weasel his way into our thoughts and decisions. However, if we apply God’s Word to our lives on a daily basis and not let Satan get a foothold on our mind, it is easier to fight him and overcome. This book sets out some of the different ways that the devil tries to deceive and how you can apply the title quote to them and gives some accounts of how Louie did just that in his own life.
I really enjoyed this and I will definitely be purchasing it when it comes out and likely will purchase for gifts as well.
Thank you to Thomas Nelson publishers and Netgalley for this Arc in exchange for my review.
I've enjoyed Louie Giglio's perspectives about faith for years -- this new book is enjoyable and recommended reading for believers. May each of us find a way in faith and living to overcome adversity.
Don't Give the Enemy a Seat at Your Table
It's Time to Win the Battle of Your Mind...
by Louie Giglio
Back of the Book: “Louie Giglio helps you find encouragement, hope, and strength in the midst of any valley as you reject the enemy voices of fear, rage, lust, insecurity, anxiety, despair, temptation, or defeat.
Scripture is clear: the Enemy is a liar who will stop at nothing to tempt you into poor decisions and self-defeating mindsets, making you feel afraid, angry, anxious, or defeated. It is all too easy for Satan to weasel his way into a seat at the table intended for only you and your King. But you can fight back.
Don’t Give the Enemy a Seat at Your Table outlines the ways to overcome those lies so you can find peace and security in any challenging circumstance or situation. With the same bold, exciting approach to Scripture as employed in Goliath Must Fall and his other previous works, pastor Louie Giglio examines Psalm 23 in fresh ways, highlighting verse 5: “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.”
You can find freedom from insecurity, temptation, and defeat—if you allow Jesus, the Shepherd, to lead the battle for your mind and heart. This spiritual warfare book for those who are leery of spiritual warfare books will resonate with Louie’s core Passion tribe as well as with Christians of all ages who want to live a triumphant life in God.”
Impressions: I felt like there was a lot of “hype” talk but not a lot of actual hype. The author received advice, “Don’t give the enemy a seat at your table” and it inspired him to share this message. It’s great advice but the book became bogged down with too much chatter and fluff for me. I didn’t finish reading the book, unfortunately.
I received a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review shared here.