Cover Image: The Nature Adventure Book

The Nature Adventure Book

So engaging and wonderfully illustrated!
Many of earth’s most innovative inventions were inspired by nature - and what a great way to learn of them all with “Invented by Animals’! There is really no page where I didn’t learn a new fact - so I can only imagine all the facts and information to be discovered by a child! The illustrations are delightful and each page is dedicated to a different animal or insect.
This title is an excellent addition to any home or school library, and sure to be a fast favorite.

I requested and received an advance readers copy from Quarto Publishing via NetGalley. Thank you so much!
The Nature Adventure Book is an activity book with one goal in mind: getting kids outside and interested in nature. With over 40 practical activities offering a variety of skills and objectives, this book can be used in the backyard, at a local park, on a family camping trip, and anywhere in between.

The Nature Adventure Book is an adorable and fun guide for outdoor adventures. Some of the activities teach useful skills, such as building a small shelter or raft, while other activities are crafty or just involve appreciating nature. The book is colorful and eye-catching, and each activity includes easy to follow step-by-step instructions. With a suggested age range of 5-7 years old, I will definitely keep this book in mind for when my daughter is a little older.....though I may hand off the bug hotel idea to her dad.

Thanks to Netgalley and DK for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.
This is such a fun book that features 40 crafts and activities that children and their families can do together outside. As it says in the title this book emphasizes adventure in nature. Happy exploring!

I just reviewed The Nature Adventure Book by . #TheNatureAdventureBook #NetGalley
A great book that encourages young people to get out and explore nature with all of their senses. There are a lot of easy ideas, that require little to no equipment to create art and more. The authors encourage scientific observation for even small explorers.

Due to the set-up of the book, it is good for independent readers in 2nd-5th grades. I can see many parents picking this up to encourage outdoor play for younger kids. The photos are diverse including children of different races and abilities.

I love books that spur kids to connect nature, play, and science and believe this is a strong addition to non-fiction library collections.
Step into the wonderful world of nature in this lively and entertaining book.  More than 40 outdoor activities await you, split into adventure skills, nature detective, wild art and sensory games.  Everything is explained very easily with clear and beautiful photography and step-by-step instructions.

Nature is right here, awaiting you in your own backyard!  This will be a perfect match for kids from 5-7 years and will entertain them with fun facts and activities.  Perfect for this time of year, turn your kids loose with this wonderful find!
This was an adorable book with great ideas to get kids and adults outside. It had cute little activities and ideas and I love it and can't wait to try it out with my son
A gorgeously illustrated of various outdoor activities you can do to fully enjoy nature with your kids - I'm definitely going to try some of these the next time I'm outside with my baby nieces (especially the "adventure stick" - though I'll need to keep an eye on them so they don't pick up anything prickly or poisonous!). This book also features plenty of fun facts about the great outdoors. Definitely recommend for parents and kids everywhere, whether you live in the country or the city.
I love DK books! I think they are masters of nonfiction.

The Nature Adventure Book is a fun how-to collection on everything outdoors. It is packed full of ideas for you and your littles to play and have fun in nature.

The instructions are simple, and there are great pictures and illustrations to help along the way. If you are looking for some family-friendly ideas for outside fun, then I would recommend The Nature Adventure Book.
I don't know about you but my kids resist going outside because there's "nothing to do". This book is a must have for DIY summer fun. Crafts like pinecone animals and leaf creatures, treasure hunts, secret shelters, bug hotels and loads of fun and informative facts about nature and the weather. Perfect for the K-5 set.

Thank you to DK and NetGalley for allowing me to preview this book. My review is voluntary and all opinions are my own.
This is a really fun nature activity book for kids. I appreciated that it had a mix of illustrations and photos, so you could see the finished projects "in person" but also get the fun and helpful drawings to add charm and information. There are some novel activities besides the classics that are in the million other books. They are all pretty standard and simple, but fun. It will be good for a nice variety of ages too, not just the preschool set.

I read a temporary digital ARC of this book for review.
A great book filled with fun activites for young and old. Really enjoyed this with my 6 year old grandson.
Thanks #netgalley for letting me have this book to read.
This book is so cool, I wish I had one as a kid. Everything this book has to offer really supports children and their imagination and curiosity in the outdoors. I thought this would be a great book to bring with us on our next family mountain trip! Just from the first page with the journey stick, which is brilliant for story telling, this book had us itching to try all the things in this book. A perfect book for my 4 and 6 year old, especially as the weather warms up. This makes a great addition to our library and we look forward to trying everything out.

I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving a free copy.
Jam packed full of STEAM activities to get kids better connected to the world around them. A mix of illustrations and photos, this will keep kids occupied for quite some time. Some projects do require adult assistance.
This is such a cute book. It is for anyone that likes being outside. It gives many different ideas of things to do!!!
As a teacher, I definitely saw activities that were useful to use in class. I'm also looking forward to trying a few activities with my grandkids.