Cover Image: Crazy About a Cowboy

Crazy About a Cowboy

The book is about reigning Miss Lovin’ Texas, Delilah Stone. She’s in Ido, TX to spend a couple of weeks in the city to see if it’s the most romantic city in TX. Her host is Jasper Taylor, a handsome cowboy that has a lot of problems, including the family farm, and has no time to play host. It is to his advantage that the city wins the prize, and just maybe he can save his farm. All he has to do is convince Delilah that Ido is the most romantic town, but how does he do that without losing his own heart.
When I read the synopsis of the book, I thought I had the book figured out, but I was in the need of a comfort read and this fit the bill. Nevertheless, I was pleasantly surprised by the characters in this book, because they weren’t at all what I was thinking they would be. There were a couple of other surprises along the way too and overall this book was a treat to read! I’m excited to read more cowboy romances and more from Dylan Crush!
It’s not often that I find myself reading this particular sub-genre of contemporary romance, but Crazy About a Cowboy left me wanting more! This is small town romance at its finest. Dylann Crush has a way of making her characters familiar, yet unique and enticing. Written in dual perspectives, we get insight into the thoughts and feelings of both Jasper and Delilah. Important details from their pasts are peppered throughout in an organic, yet teasing manner. I found myself flipping pages just to get to know the characters better.

Of course I loved the relationship between the two MCs. Not only was I rooting for them individually, but the chemistry between the two of them gave me butterflies from their first meet cute. The added tension of forbidden romance kicked it up several notches.

Though this is technically part of a series, it can be read independently of the other books.

Thank you Berkley, NetGalley, and Dylann Crush for the gifted copy!
Sweet and heartwarming!

This is the third book in a series and the first I read, and I didn’t had any problem following this cute story.
It had everything you want in a rom-com, a little town, likeable characters, funny moments and rescue dogs!
This was my first book from this author and I will definitely check more of her work, this one left me with a smile on my face.

Thank you Berkley Romance , Berkley Publishing Groupand NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book.

Well I have read all of the books in the Tying the Knot in Texas series and this was my favorite so far! Jasper Taylor is another one of our unlucky in love Ido, Texas cowboys and now he also has problems with his family's farm to add to his list. The best answer to their needs may be to join the town's vision of becoming the wedding destination of Texas and in order to do that he needs to help the mayor entertain Miss Lovin' Texas and help the town secure a win. Delilah Stone is on the last leg of her most romantic town in Texas competition and is looking forward to heading home to Dallas and moving forward with her life and her passion of helping empower young girls. She is a real sweetheart and as the story unfolds, Delilah starts to fall in love with this small quirky Texas town and it's residents. Jasper is focused on helping his family but he can't help falling head over boots for this pageant queen and her sweet southern charm! I really enjoyed Jasper's family and the depth that they added to this story as well as Delilah and her passion for her work. This was such an enjoyable, sweet story that was told from dual POV and has just a bit of heat and a lot of laughter. I really hope that there are more stories to come.
Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself...

Ido, Texas is a special place where friends and family mean everything to the people who live there. This is the very reason why Jasper Taylor agrees to host Delilah Stone, Miss Lovin' Texas around the town. She is there to judge a total of 3 towns and choose the one that is the most romantic. Jasper and his family lost a substantial amount of Pecan trees to a twister. If the town wins, it would bring extra business to the town.

Delilah Stone has entered beauty contests since she was a girl. She did it mostly to make her mother happy. Delilah has her own dreams and she is honestly getting tired of it all. She needed to come away from being under her mother's wing and carry out what she longed for to do in the future. When Jasper and Delilah meet, they are instantly attracted to each other. But they had to be careful of their feelings, it could jeopardize Ido's chances of winning.

I can always count on Dylann Crush to have me laughing out loud with her bizarre but loving characters in this town. She always manages to squeeze in a few unique animals here and there. This is what makes this town and this story funny and romantic. It will definitely put a smile on your face.
Crazy About a Cowboy is the first book I have read by author Dylann Crush and I am upset with myself for not reading books by this author sooner. Such a delightful story and even though it is the 3rd book in the series, it can be read as a standalone.
In a contest for the most romantic town in Texas, a cowboy must choose between helping his hometown win or a chance with the celebrity judge.

Delilah is the celebrity beauty queen and Jasper is the small town cowboy. I found their love story to be unique and fun. I definitely saw the chemistry between the leading characters. Who doesn't love a small town, romantic cowboy? This was a sweet small town romance with a bit of steam!
This is the third in the series and my guess is that the supporting characters have their own stories. This was my first Dylann Crush novel so I haven't read the other books, however, I did not get lost in the book. I think you could read them out of order if you wanted or had to. I will be going back and reading the others in this series. It's worth the read and perfect for the summer!
Delilah Stone is the reigning Miss Lovin’ Texas, and as the title holder one of her duties is to judge the most romantic town in Texas competition.
Ido, Texas is the underdog but if Jasper’s town wins he can save the family land.
This is a book three in a series but it could definitely serve as a standalone. This is a sweet, small town romance with a great cast of characters. This book is out tomorrow!
Thank you @berkley and @NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review
Dylann Crush's Tying the Knot in Texas series gets better and better with each book!

The small town of Ido, Texas is determined to win the title of most romantic town in Texas from the state tourism board. Jasper is appointed hospitality host and makes plans to show celebrity judge and current Ms. Lovin' Texas, Delilah around town. Things do not go smoothly, but there's a definite connection between them.

I really enjoyed the author's writing and storytelling style.  There was a nice blend of humor, romance, and a little drama. She did a fantastic job creating interesting characters and a romance that's hard to put down. Jasper and Delilah are two of my favorite characters she's written.

This is book three in the series but it can be read as a standalone.
*4.5 stars*

Sweet, fun small-town romance…

Jasper and Delilah were such a great couple! From their not so smooth first meet up, all through the ups and downs they faced, they belonged…

What does a beauty pageant do when she has to spend a month in a small town in Texas? She judges them on their ability to be romantic of course. From crickets to butterflies, to rogue goats and rescue pitties, there was no shortage of wildlife – be it four our two-legged! There were quirky characters and wild goings on that fit perfectly in this low-heat, surprising drama-filled story. And the drama was not over the top, roll the eyes kind either. It was so quiet, it all snuck up on me, as it played out in one sub-plot after another. And through it all was Jasper and Delilah at the center. Fun, down-to-earth people, they seemed to fit just perfectly together. If they could get through all the twists and turns in Ido, of course! Oh, and do I mention that I didn’t catch on the time until I sat down to write this? :-)

I didn’t realize this was the third in the series but it was a good stand-alone read. Well, except for the fact I need to read the backlist. Pronto!
Can a beauty queen and a handsome farmer really be a love match? Delilah and Jasper’s story does end in a happily ever after, though neither would have imagined it could happen after their disastrous first meeting.  Delilah is in the town of Ido to discover if it is the most romantic small town in Texas. Ido is a last minute entry after the town nearby was disqualified. The mayor of Ido has decided that Jasper will  be the hospitality host who will show Delilah around town, shepherd her to events and generally make sure that she sees everything that makes Ido a romantic place to visit. Jasper has a lot at stake in the outcome of this contest. If his town should win, it will bring a lot more tourism and wedding business that would really boost the local economy. Jasper’s idea to renovate a barn on the family’s pecan farm into a wedding venue could help save the farm after losing much of the pecan orchard in a recent storm. While Jasper is definitely motivated, he is not at all experienced in being a host and guide, and his first attempts leave poor Delilah worse for wear. Staying in Ido for a month seems impossibly tortuous for Delilah at first, then her host Jasper, his large family and the people of Ido find their way into her heart.  While she and Jasper have their mishaps at first, spending time is not the chore she thought it would be, even when they must deal with acts of sabotage, family troubles and matchmaking. When they finally give in to their mutual attraction and desire, discretion is the key to keeping the mayor and Delilah’s sponsors from discovering their trysts. But her time in Ido is temporary, and someone or a group of people does not want Ido to win the contest or Jasper and Delilah to be together.  What happens next for Delilah and Jasper?

I received an ARC of this book via NetGalley and I am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
I'm always so happy to find newer to me authors that I really love. So far I've enjoyed every book I've read by Dylann Crush. Now don't get too excited, I've only read three. But like I said, I enjoyed them all.

Crazy About a Cowboy is book three in her Tying the Knot in Texas series. When I started it I wasn't sure how I'd like Delilah. She seemed to feel that being part of the pageant world was all a girl needed to become something in the world. I was a little unsure of her platform. I kinda tried to move on from that because that's not my world or my thing.

I really like Delilah and Jasper together. They worked so well together. It was almost like you could feel it come off the pages of the book.

Jasper is the sweetest guy in the world. He worries about everyone and can't help himself he feels the need to help everyone. He is so busy trying to protect his family that he allows them to almost be a little mean to him. They aren't a bad family and I really liked them but at the time their disappointment in him was making me mad.

I like Delilah but didn't care for her mother. She seems like the type of person who lives through her daughter's life and doesn't really care what her daughter wants to do in life. It's all about her. Now Delilah has a different idea of where her life should go once she's done with being Miss Lovin' Texas but I wasn't sure she'd be able to stand up to her mother and do it.

These two have to work out some business within their lives before they can move on but I knew they'd be about to do it. This is a wonderful romance between two people who really deserve it. I really can't wait to see what's next. The author introduced us to so many of Jasper's brothers who are all single by the way. I wonder...
Don't we all love a small town feel-good romance? I want to live in Ido now, which in my eyes, has become a super cute romantic town.  I also LOVE the Taylor family! They are so caring and protective with each other. My ultimate favourite characters are Abby (she is so wise for her age, 12 but 51 at heart) and Lucas (the way he cares for his toddler daughter is absolutely adorable!) I also love Aunt Suzy, like her whole dedication to James Dean is so relatable, because I have a strong dedication to Harry Styles hahahaa. I loved the character development of Delilah, as she learns to get out of her mother's reins and follows her own heart instead. From Miss Lovin' Texas to country-chic, I loved her development the most. And of course, who doesn't love Jasper? We all love a dude who protects his family at all costs and is also a major cowboy hottie. A wonderful read, definitely perfect for Autumn :)
Thank you to Berkley Publishing for the advanced copy.  All opinions are my own.

Delilah Stone, reigning Miss Lovin' Texas, is fulfilling her final duty with the crown by visiting Ido, Texas.  This small town is the last stop in the state's tourism board's search for the most romantic town in Texas.  Once she arrives, she meets hunky cowboy, Jasper Taylor, who has been put in charge of her month-long visit.  The town is recovering from a tornado that heavily damage Jasper's family farm.  Jasper is determined to show Delilah the best parts of Ido while Delilah is looking forward to life after the crown.  What the two don't count on is sparks flying and an attraction that neither can deny.

This is a sweet, small town romance.  While a tad predictable at times, I loved Jasper and how adorable he was.  There are good twists to the plot and I loved how welcoming the entire town was of Delilah.  This is part of a series, but I did read it as a standalone and don't feel like I lost anything by not reading the other books.
Crazy about a Cowboy is the third book in the Tying the Knot in Texas by Dylann Crush. A love story with quite a bit of steam. All in all - it was a sweet small-town romance with some very memorable moments.
The reigning Miss Lovin' Texas and a celebrity judge, Delilah Stone, is on her third and last visit to spend a month in the small town of Ido in order to pick the most romantic town in Texas. The good folks of Ido need the publicity to promote their town as the ideal place for fancy weddings which would be a big boost to the local economy. Delilah is tired in more ways than one: of being a beauty pageant queen, of her pushy, demanding mother/manager. She is ready to move on with her life in ways that have more significance than all Delilah’s made-up heavy perfection. Local farmer Jasper Taylor is lassoed into be the hospitality host escorting Delilah around town and introducing her to the colorful inhabitants. Jasper is less than excited at the prospect although is quite immediately attracted to Delilah.

Jasper’s family pecan farm is facing ruin after a devastating storm took out most of their trees, threatening a generations old homestead. With his raucous brothers and young sister, Jasper is determined to protect their livelihood realizing that converting their barn to be a wedding venue could help save everything. Once Delilah hits town, things seem to go quickly awry in the rom-com kind of way. Delilah does her pageant queen best to keep a smile on her face despite all the mishaps and dirty tricks being played on her.

Not everyone is thrilled for all the attention the town would gain should they win the contest. A darker element exists in their rural area that includes some very serious animal abuse. Someone seems intent on sabotaging Ido’s chances to capture the romance crown. As they work together, Delilah and Jasper become more than just casual acquaintances which is not exactly a good thing since she is supposed to remain unbiased as a contest judge. Family drama for both Delilah and Jasper adds to the mix along with secrets revealed causing not a little amount of trouble.

Delilah and Jasper are likeable characters as well as the locals who are entertaining with some on the very eccentric side. Ms. Crush seems to be making salient points concerning beauty pageant pros and cons as well as some more sinister elements in rural Texas. This story is third in the series Tying the Knot in Texas series, but can be read as a standalone.
Overall, this was a perfectly fine romance novel.  Boy and girl meet, boy and girl have to hide their attraction (which, isn't that always a bit hot and lovely?), boy and girl both have a lot riding on the outcome of the event that brought the together.  The chemistry between Delilah and Jasper was tangible and real and their insta-love wasn't unbelievable or obnoxious like insta-love can sometimes be.  I also loved the small town of Ido and their wedding-craze; it was really charming.

I do think perhaps this story tried to cram in too many storylines.  Delilah's mom's caginess around Ido and not wanting to return to the town, the conflict between Jasper and his brother Colin and the competition with Adeline and the town across the river felt either rushed or not fully flushed out.  They were all related to the conflicts that were happening in Ido's quest to be the most romantic town in Texas, but I feel like the side threads were a bit too much and distracted from the main story.  For some people, having lots of story threads to follow may be something they enjoy in a story, so this may not be a problem, but it was a bit too much to track for me.
Crazy About a Cowboy by Dylann Crush is the third book in the author's Tying the Knot in Texas series. I have now read all three books in the series. I enjoyed this story as it is well-written and has fun characters in it. I liked the first two books in the series better though. I didn't connect as well with this storyline as I did the first two books in the series. At times the story felt disjointed and unrealistic. I did really enjoy the ending though.

I received an ARC in exchange for a honest review.
I enjoyed Crazy About a Cowboy by Dylan Crush. I felt this one was charming, sweet, and extremely well written. I've read a few of the authors books in the past but admittedly, not recently. I'm glad I'm rectifying that now! I enjoyed this one very much!
Crazy About a Cowboy is the third book in the Tying the Knot in Texas series by Dylann Crush. I didn't read the first two books in the series and I found this book to be good as a standalone.

This is a cute small town romance that followed pageant queen Delilah Stone as she travels across Texas to judge the most romantic town competition. Jasper Taylor is a local cowboy\farmer assigned to host her while she is visiting his town as the last stop on her road trip. Jasper and his family has a lot riding on the town winning this competition but soon finds that his heart is getting in the way of doing his job.

I liked both main characters and also loved the secondary characters. Jasper is from a huge family and I loved his family, his younger sister was definitely my fav. They had so much heart, even when faced with the most challenging times.

I liked that the book was dual POV, that will always be my preference. I thought more time could be spent building some parts of the story but overall I enjoyed it and will read the first two books in the series.

If you are a sucker for small town romance like I am then you will definitely enjoy this. The book had genuinely nice people looking out for each other and embodied everything about small town living. There was family drama and secrets to keep you on your toes and I liked that.

Thanks to Netgalley and Berkley Publishing Group for an ARC in exchange for my honest review.