Cover Image: Rainbow Hat

Rainbow Hat

My daughter loved this story. She told me the reason she loved it was that she loved how the dog had to chase after his hat. She also loved that the hat was rainbow colored.

I thought this story was silly and I was super happy it entertained my 6 year old.
This is a cute story about a hat and everywhere it goes in one day.  It was fun reading to small kids and having them guess where the hat was going to go next.  The hat being a rainbow was very cleaver and kept the kids attention.  The illustrations were very basic but well done.  The kids really liked the book.
Cute book! Great for kids who are just learning to read. Kids can make predictions to what happens next and can stay engaged. Loved the illustrations.
An adorable story about a bear who loses his rainbow hat, "Rainbow Hat" is a visually stimulating book for young children. This short story is good for helping children learn colors and animals.
In this book a bear's at flies off his head, landing on a turtle. This prompts him to follow the hat all around trying to get it back. The image of bear swimming underwater is especially great.
Rainbow Hat is a simple and colorful picture book that is perfect for any age. The bright colors along with the simplicity of the illustrations and text on each page will make it easy to keep your little reader engaged.
A cute book for young children. Short phrases and children are able to look for bear’s rainbow hat on each page and say what animal has it. The illustrations are adorable!
Thanks to the publishers for sharing this one. The illustrations are very cute. My full review appears on Weekend Notes.
This book is so wonderful for young new readers! Rainbow Hat is Bear's favourite hat, and children will love the colours within this story. The illustrations remind me of books I read in my childhood. This is a great addition to any elementary school classroom.
Bear's rainbow hat blows off his head and lands on turtle, and from turtle to frog. Do you see where this is going. How fun is it to find Bear's hat. With adorable illustrations, animal sound noises, and identifying all bear's friends, it becomes more than finding a beautiful rainbow hat.

A special thank you to Clavis Publishing and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.
RAINBOW HAT – HONG HAI
A simple cute book about a bears colourful hat which is blown away. What happens when bears hat goes to all his friends. Will it come back to the bear??
The illustrations are very colourful and reminds one of Eric Carle books.
The language is very simple making it very easy for a toddler to understand and comprehend.
I would say this is best suited for kids aged between 2-4. For kids age 4+ it would be too simple. My 6 year old told me it's too babyish
..I read once so now I know it.
I enjoyed this book and feel that my three-year-old would, too. The illustrations are cute and colorful, the words are simple enough, and it has an okay flow to it. My daughter would love naming the animals and colors in it, but I don't think it would continuously capture her attention. She enjoyed books like Rainbow Hat more when she was two years old, so I felt like the target age group would've been more suited to two and up, though my five-year-old would not sit through this more than once. (And I doubt she would've when she was four either.)

It might have a limited shelf life, but nonetheless, it's pretty, benign, and somewhat educational.
Rainbow Hat by Hong Hai is a cute illustrated book about a bear who can't seem to keep track of his hat.  The illustrations are bold and colorful and would be enjoyed by children of all ages.  The language is stilted and misses the mark, flowing awkwardly off the tongue.
A fun and lovely story to read with kids. Its easy to understand and very easy to read. I flew to this book with mh 6 year old. She loved it.
Cute colorful photos . All the animal and action is fun: the hat goes on a grand adventure. And there’s still a happy ending. Perfect for learning about animals and action words. The colors are appealing and bright, my two year old would love this
The Rainbow Hat is an easy book for young children with colorful, eye-catching illustrations. As a teacher I could imagine using this book to teach verbs, adjectives and sequencing.  For very young children it would be a simple book to begin working on story sequencing and comprehension - where did the hat go next?, Who is wearing the hat etc.  I can imagine young children would enjoy looking at the illustrations and 'reading' it alone.
This was a short read but my son enjoyed it.  I think it's too simple for him at age 4 but this would be great for a younger toddler.
I loved the Eric Carle like artwork. The hat is bright and colorful to keep my child’s attention on it. I liked that we are introduced to multiple animals throughout the book. So my child is learning animal names and action words because each animal does something different. Like the frog HOPS and the fish SWIMS. So my child is learning a lot of vocabulary while reading this book.
Bear goes out with his and the wind takes it.  The hat goes from animal to animal while bear just wants his hat.  It finally is returned to him.

A colorful book that my 1 yr old grandson was drawn to.   Perfect length for him.
When Bear's rainbow hat gets carried away by a gust of wind he follows it as it travels from one animal to the next. It always seems to be just a little bit too far away to grab.

I loved the simplicity of this book. The simple illustrations bring focus to the colorful hat but if you pay close attention you can see the emotions Bear goes through as he attempts to get his hat back and the confusion of the other animals while they have the silly hat. This will be a great read aloud allowing children to repeat the line, "where did the hat go?"
#ClavisPublishing #NetGalley #childrensfiction #picturebook #rainbow #bookreview #bookreviewer #bookstagram #hat #bear #june2021