Cover Image: Cajun Kiss of Death

Cajun Kiss of Death

Another excellent addition to the Cajun Country Mysteries series. There's so much going on in this book - weddings, (dangerous?) secret admirers, and murder. Maggie does her best to figure things out - with the help of friends and family. And then there's the wonderful (but maybe a little sad) epilogue.

I love and enjoy this series so much. The author does a brilliant job of doing the scene and pulling a reader in and then making them feel like a part of the mystery and part of the Crozat family.
I highly recommend this series.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. My thoughts and opinions are my own and without bias or favor.
Ah the smell of gumbo and suspense! The 7th in this awesome series doesn't disappoint.  When a celebrity chef visits the B&B and winds up dead in a fiery boat crash, J.J., Maggie's friend, is accused. Grab some gumbo and come along for a delicious read. Thanks #netgalley for the eARC in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are mine.
This book was a fantastic addition to this series. This is one of my favorite series and I'm sad to see it end.
Maggie Crozat with her parents own and run Crozat Plantation B&B in Pelican, Louisiana.
Famous chef Phillippe Chanson opens a restaurant in their small, tight knit community and sparks fly.  So who Murders him? There's no shortage of suspects.
Easy, fun, enjoyable read on an early spring afternoon when you want to be transported to warmer, sunnier climes.  Well plotted mystery that will keep the reader guessing.
Cajun Kiss of Death is a winner!

Delightful and full of twists and turns that keep you guessing until the very end. Who is the real killer?

Did JJ, proprietor of Junie's Oyster Bar and Dance Hall, murder Phillippe because he feared the competition? Might Maggie's mother, Ninette, have bumped off the chef for stealing one of her cherished recipes? Or was the culprit a local seafood vendor, miffed because Phillippe was somehow able to sell oysters for a remarkably reasonable price, despite an oyster shortage?

This whodunit is a great cozy mystery and one I highly recommend.
I love this cute little series after spending a couple years in cajun country I can totally relate. Maggie and Bo are finally married and I looked forward to future crime busting stories this one did not miss at any turn when I thought I had it figured out there was a change and who I thought did it did not! I was totally floored in the end. But it was the epilogue that got me it was the next 20 years in a 10 page review wow that was a shocker is this really the end of the series and how can that be? Was not a happy camper after finishing this book I love the characters and the story and hate that it will end. I am crossing my fingers that there is a side story with the kids.
First book in this series that I have read. I really enjoyed this book!I thought it was fast paced with great characters and an enjoyable story line. Thank you for letting me review this book!
'A Cajun Kiss of Death' in Ellen Byron's A Cajun Country Mystery series is near perfection.  It has a great mystery, wonderful humor and a delightful love stories.  I am thoroughly enchanted by the people of Pelican, Louisiana and highly recommend the entire series.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley.  The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Cajun Kiss of Death by Ellen Byron is the 7th in the series. This is one of my all time favorite series, set in Louisiana; the town of Pelican is a scenic one--with warm and friendly characters. I feel invested in these fictional friends and enjoy spending time with them as they solve mysteries.  Two marriages take place, Maggie and Bo---plus Grandmere and Les--- amid the stress of a celebrated chef opening a swanky new Cajun eatery. When a murder is discovered it is a race to discover the perpetrator and their reasons why it happened. I enjoyed following the clues and trying to solve the mystery. The epilogue is wonderful.
Thanks to NetGalley and Crooked Lane Books for giving me  an ARC of this wonderful novel to read and review. I like to review books I enjoy so that others can enjoy them ,too.
#CajunKissofDeath #NetGalley #CrookedLaneBooks
This book was interesting and the characters were lively and entertaining. I had not read any of the previous novels in this series and I think if I had, I would have been able to better appreciate this book. I still did enjoy it and I think it will appeal to fans of multi-book mystery series like Aurora Teagarden and Coffehouse Mysteries by Cleo Coyle.
Hooray! Another visit to the Crozat Plantation Bed and Breakfast.Maggie and Bo and Grandmere and Les are newlyweds and there is a new Cajun restaurant opening in town. The owner, a Celebrity Chef type goes to several of Crozat's popular eateries and samples their establishment s favorite Cajun dishes. Is it a crime to taste a recipe and then replicate it in yours? Whether it is or is not, it  leads to murder. Maggie and Bo follow all leads..they are a great crime solving team. There is also a stalker situation in this book.

The author bestows a give -a- way of sorts at the end. It was received gratefully and with a bit of sadness by this reader. However, I can say if a series must end, this is the way.

I am appreciative to NetGalley and Crooked Lane Books to have had the opportunity to read and review this wonderful book.
The book release date is 8/10/21
Cajun Kiss of Death by Ellen Byron

In the small town of Pelican, Louisiana, blood is thicker than gumbo.

The book opens on New Year's Eve as three couples (including Maggie and Bo) are about to get married just before the clock strikes midnight. The story then moves ahead a few weeks and everyone, especially
the newlyweds, are preparing for Valentine's Day. Excitement grows over the opening of a new Cajun restaurant, part of a chain by a well-known chef who turns out to be a recipe thief. When the chef dies in an explosive boating accident it's determined to be murder and among the suspects are two local restaurant owners and Maggie's own mother. As Valentines  Day approaches Maggie starts receiving flowers and threatening notes, which she is smart enough to tell her policeman husband about.

Mysteries abound in this very enjoyable read. I am rating it 4 stars because my Midwestern mind had trouble wrapping itself around some of the Southern names.
I'm a big fan of this series. The author does a great job of setting the scene, giving you the feel of the humidity in the air and the ambiance of moss-draped oaks and seashells crunching in the driveway, all without bogging the pace down with a lot of boring descriptions, leaving things open for the reader's imagination. The characters are also very homey and sweet but in a way that's believable and not cartoony-feeling.

In this book a new restaurant has opened in town. Not only does the new eatery jeopardize business for the two existing local hot spots, but the newly arrived chef feigns interest in their signature dishes in order to develop his own copycat versions. Though apparently legal, this move does not win Phillipe Chanson any friends in town. When the man turns up dead, no one is either very surprised or very saddened. But who killed him? When another body turns up, the mystery deepens.

There's a lot going on in this book. Three couples share a wedding ceremony in the beginning, one being Maggie and her beau Bo, another being her grandmother and her flame, Lee. Gaynell and the Gator Girls have just finished a big tour, the Doucet museum is devastated by an embezzler, and of course the Crozat B&B finds itself in the middle of yet another murder mystery.

The only bad thing about this book is that I thought the ending hinted at this possibly being the last book in the series. I hope I'm wrong about that because this is a series I'd love to see go on and on!

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an ARC.
I enjoyed this book. I think it's probably best that the previous books in the series be read first. I had difficulty at first with all the people being listed, it felt like I was jumping into a movie near the end. It eventually grew on me. The mystery is interesting and the bad guys were caught. #CajunKissofDeath #NetGalley
I've really loved this series. This is the last book and I'm quite sad to say goodbye to Maggie Crozat and co. However I also think the series has been wrapped up really nicely and probably in the right place. I would 100% recommend this series to people. It's a great addition to the cozy mystery genre and I can't wait to see what this author does next.
The scenes is described in great detail and the characters are fun and free spirited. The main character find mysteries in a great b&b.there’s plent of plots and a decent amount of turns that keeps the read engaged. It’s set in the winter around Valentine’s Day.  The Cajun spin makes you want to visit Louisiana
Now that I'm all caught up on the series, it seems a pity it's ending! This series is definitely going out on a high with a delicious plotline and a fun reveal; I did not see any of those endings coming. I really loved that she gave me closure at the end.
This is the second Ellen Byron book that I have had the pleasure of reading, thanks to NetGalley and the publishers. To the bad luck of the readers, apparently it is also the last in the Cajun Country Mystery series... couldn't there be more, please?
In Cajun Kiss of Death, Phillippe Chanson, a famous restaurateur, decides to open another restaurant in his chain in the quaint little town of Pelican, Louisiana, putting the businesses of other small town chefs at risk, including that of Maggie's friend, JJ, proprietor of Junie's Oyster Bar and Dance Hall, which puts JJ in a dangerous situation when Chanson dies in an accident. What do oysters have to do with all this mess?
I recommend this excellent story, very original and well written, as always with a lot of humor despite the dangerous situations in which our friend Maggie Crozat is involved, including a stalker in the mix... I especially liked the original way of the author to close the series and a special mention to the beautiful covers she has chosen for her books!
I love everything about Ellen Byron's Cajun Country series and Cajun Kiss of Death lived up to my expectations!  I do hate to see this series come to an end.  The characters are wonderful.  The location makes you feel as if you are there with them. Each book in the series is as good as the one before.  I highly recommend this series to any cozy mystery lover.  You will not be disappointed!