Cover Image: Siren

Siren

I love how this author has successfully and effectively created a fusion of two of my favourite genres: gritty gangland crime thrillers, and evocative and atmospheric historical fiction. For me, this is well balanced and evokes a clear mood and atmosphere of danger and urgency, as suggested by the cover.

Of course, I have loved the character of Georgina. She is a strong and complex character, who is well developed. The writer does well to show her ability to be cunning and manipulative as well downright dangerous and violent, but also portrays her more human side, which shows empathy and compassion for others.

I was really pleasantly surprised with the amount of action and twists and turns this book takes. The book opens with Georgina desperate to escape prison, and be reunited with her children. I really thought this would be the crux of the plot, but Sam Michaels takes this much further to ensure that this is a gritty, gruesome and fast-paced read.

Overall, I have found this a gripping book that explores lots of essential traakts of the human condition: namely, a thirst for power, an unquivering loyalty, and a desire and determination to protect those we are loyal to. I found this book to be highly original and an entertaining, if dark, read. I would recommend this book to fans of gangland crime with a more modern setting, as this fine piece of historical fiction definitely carried all those great traits, and more!
A thrilling and exciting addition to this gripping series!

At the end of the third instalment, we saw Georgina in unusual trouble and this book picks up where it left off. Georgina remains, as always, a strong woman and her exploits are as riveting and attention grabbing as ever. Georgina Garrett may be down, but you can never count her out!

I've revelled in this series from the very first; I've always enjoyed reading about strong women and they don't come much tougher than Miss Garrett. For anyone who thought it was the end of her empire at the end of the last book is in for a big surprise. Cleverly planned and constructively plotted, there are lots of highs, one or two lows and a few surprises along the way - although I had worked out one of them beforehand. A great addition to this terrific series, and one I'm very happy to recommend .. 4.5*.

My thanks to the publisher for my copy via NetGalley and to Vicky Joss for my spot on this tour' this is - as always - my honest, original and unbiased review.
It is hard to imagine how previous generations lived their lives and made social and business connections, even harder to imagine what it must have been like living in London during World War 2 but can we even comprehend what prison life was like for a woman at this time and how she could run some of the London ganglands. In this book Sam Michaels brings all of this to life so good that you can virtually experience the sights, smells and sounds of the times.
Although this is the fourth book in the Georgina Garrett series, it is the first one I have read. I am sure that if you have read the previous three books you probably cannot wait for this one but I still enjoyed reading the book as a standalone.
This is a gritty, gangland crime book so there are some issues and events that may disturb you but what else would you expect from this type of book? The book also shows the softer side of the main character and has lots of twists and turns and blends in the historical fiction brilliantly.
Many thanks to NetGalley, Aria & Aries and Sam Michaels for providing me with a digital advanced review copy of this book in return for an honest, unbiased review.
The Kindle issue is released on the 8th April and the paperback is issued on the 8th July
#Siren #NetGalley
I loved it!  I haven't read any of the Georgina Garrett books before and this is number 4.  It didn't matter if you didn't know the back story as this is explained whenever necessary throughout the book so you can get a feel for who is who and what happened in the past. It has definitely made me want to read the previous books through!

This one starts 3 years after Georgina is arrested and sent to Holloway Prison where we find her  in the opening sequences.  She is missing her children madly and finding life in prison hard.  Her empire is crumbling and new gangs are taking over.  She needs to get back out there to make sure her children are safe.

The novel is set in 1943 and I found the war time theme fascinating and the hardships as a result of being at war.  The characters are well described and believable and the book is fast paced enough to hold your attention and to keep you reading.  I'll definitely be reading the rest!
This is an addictive historical ganglit with the indomitable Georgina Garrett desperate for release from Holloway Prison to reclaim her children and get revenge on her enemies.  With WW2 still raging when Georgina returns to Battersea, she has to regroup and diversify to achieve her aims with grit and tenacity, meeting violence with violence.

This is a well-written story with vivid characters and a menacing ethos. It captures the gangland era dynamic and personalities in an intricate plot with unexpected twists.

I received a copy of this book from Head of Zeus-Aria and Aries via NetGalley in return for an honest review.
Another stunning instalment in the Georgina Garrett series. These books just get better and better. I loved catching up with Georgina and her old buddies. The story was action packed and fast paced throughout. I cannot find a single negative about this book!
This is the fourth book in the Georgina Garrett series and honestly this series just keeps on getting better and better.  It is 1943 and the Second World War is still raging on and Georgina is in her 3rd year at Holloway Prison.  She is desperate to be free and being with her young son and daughter,  in the meantime back in Battersea Georgina’s former henchmen have gone their own separate ways.  Can Georgina get an early release from prison and can the former gang members reunite and start afresh.   Wow !  I absolutely loved this book.  We are back with many of the characters from the previous books and some new ones are introduced.   This is gangland at its very best.  There are plenty of heart stopping and pulse racing moments.  Also as you’d expect from a gangland crime thriller plenty of blood and gore.   5 ⭐️
4.5 stars rounded up to 5

Georgina Garrett #4

Georgina Garrett is back. She's already spent three years of her sentance. Her gang have went ther own way. She hates prison life and she's desperate to get her kids back from. Lash's parents. She also wants revenge on The Top. Charlotte Mipple is trying her best to keep some of Georgina's interests going but the Naylor brothers are taking advantage of Georgina being locked up.

There's so much i want to say about this book but i can't. This series gets better with each new book. The tension builds throughout the story. There's a couple of new characters but all the old faces are back. Georgina has balls of steel. Thers's plots and subplots in this thrilling, gripping and gruesome read. I do hope there's more books to come in this fabulous series.

I would like to thank #NetGalley, #AriaAries and the author #SamMichaels for my ARC of #Siren in exchange for an honest review.
Holloway Prison. London. November 1943.

Georgina Garrett is not cut out for incarceration. She misses her children terribly and still mourns the death of the man she loves. It's no surprise that even concrete cells cannot cage her. In true Georgina style, she soon secures the freedom she desires.

Her friends in Battersea, welcome Georgina’s return with hurrahs and anticipation. Georgina is pleased to see that Charlotte has done well letting out the apartments and collecting rents – even if one of the new tenants is a copper. Johnny and the old gang, always antsy for action, are thrilled to have Georgina back.

But Georgina has plans. She is hell-bent on retaliation for David’s murder. And the need to make money – loads of it and fast, fuels her. Risk and danger are no strangers to Georgina. She easily reasserts her position and reputation and reassumes command.

Rivals beware. Georgina is back: and this siren is open for business and ravenous for revenge.

The Georgina Garrett series is outstanding. I've been a Georgina fan since Trickster's first sentence. Sam Michael’s Siren is brilliant: action-packed, clever characters, colorful diction, and a twist that tops it all.

Thank you to NetGalley and Aria & Aries for the read of Sam Michael’s, Siren.
Loved this series Sam and you definitely saved the best till last. I did guess correctly one bit of the story early on, but it was such an action packed book it didn’t matter. My only complaint is that I couldn’t put it down. A fabulous five star read
Well what can I say except WOW! Another fantastic book in the Georgina Garrett series! This one follows Georgina’s story from prison and does not disappoint. Its filled with so many twists and turns I felt dizzy, Sam Michaels is certainly taking Martina Cole’s title as the queen of crime. Every book in this series that I’ve read has been better than the last one so I really can’t wait for the next one, fantastic read from  a fantastic series
Ohhhhh this is my favourite book yet so explosive and all the characters with such a strong storyline I absolutely loved it and was hooked from start to finish.for anyone who hasn’t read this series what are you waiting for? You don’t know what your missing Georgina’s life story is fascinating and a real page Turner.
Sam Michaels has smashed it out of the park yet again! Love the Georgina Garrett series, really hope there are more to follow. Highly recommend without a doubt!
I thought the first 3 were good but book 4 is explosive
Georgina Garrett is back, along with many of our old character favourites, and plenty of new ones, and we start the story in ‘Camden Castle’ ( HMP Holloway! ) as Georgina is serving her time, of course she isen’t content with this and her cunning planning mind is in overdrive as to how she can change this, never far away fon her mind is her Battersea and we learn what is happening there in her absence
You know its sooooo difficult but am not going to say anymore about the story as I know many readers want to be as surprised and shocked as I was with what the next 300 pages bring
Expect the unexpected with Georgina, double then treble it and you will have an idea what awaits you
The writing is as always flawless, the many plots and sub plots thrilling, dangerous and yes at times gruesome and grim but all brought together to give us the reader a wonderful time
I wonder if there will be a book 5, see what you think at the end
And yep Fanny Whipple makes an appearance
Thoroughly 100% all round enjoyable

10/10
5 Stars
Another explosive read from the wonderful Sam Michaels.  This Georgina Garrett series just gets better and better. It is an amazing book following all Georgina and crews exploits and problems, of which there are many! It is an amazing book full of twists and turns and great characters.As a gangland read it is definitely up there with the best.  I really didn't want this book to end. Can't wait for the next one! I purposely wrote this review without including any spoilers, but take it from me it it a belter!  Thank you to NetGalley for allowing me read this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.  MOST HIGHLY RECOMMENDED..
I absolutely adore this series, Michaels never disappoints and each book just keeps getting better and better.

This is my favourite in the series so far and that's a tough decision because the whole series is utterly stunning.

This is another well-written and addictive read which I haven't been able to stop thinking about. This is unique and dynamic and I'm already craving more.

I cannot say anything negative about this book, it is absolutely brilliant! I can't wait for more. A definite five star read.
Siren by Sam Micheals is the fourth book in the Georgina Garrett series and what a great episode this is. The series just gets better and better.
It’s 1943, Georgina is in her third year residing at Holloway Prison for fraud. She misses her children and the rest of the gang have split up since her time in prison. Only a loyal few of the gang are still together and they are missing her.  She manages to escape prison and return to her beloved Battersea and get revenge of ‘The top’ who killed her boyfriend David Maynard and reunite herself with her children. But things don’t go to plan and she has to jump so hurdles to get her revenge on the person who killed her love.
This is another gripping episode in the series which I loved liked the others in this series. Yet again this has a great storyline and I love the new characters that arrived in this episode. Just one that annoyed me of Johnny. Loyalty to the gang but always got into scrapes that Georgina always had to bail him out of. And I liked the surprising twist near the end. 5 stars from me.
Just as brilliant & as gripping as the others in the series.  I loved the build up to finding out the identity of The Top. Georgina, as ballsy as ever. I highly recommend this series to everyone & can't wait to see what comes next from Sam. Another 5 star read!
Well..............WOW......... thanks to net galley for letting me review this fantastic addition to the georgina garrett series. Georgina is in jail, plotting her escape. Does she make it????? Strong woman lead. She is fiesty and not scared of anyone even though her top spot as crime boss is in the hands of soneone else.  Highley recommend
This book was well worth the wait. I devoured the book in 2 nights. The twists in it were so good. This author is up there with the authors in this genre and shes rising in my opinion.