Cover Image: Siren

Siren

When I started this book I wasn’t aware it was part of a series, completely my own fault for not checking properly before requesting,  However it didn’t take away from my enjoyment of this book and I really enjoyed it.  I have now purchased the previous books in the series to get the background story.
Sam Michaels brings the fabulous Georgina Garrett back for another spellbinding tale guaranteed to keep readers completely and utterly gripped: Siren.

You don’t get to the very top without making sacrifice after sacrifice and without stepping on your rivals’ toes and collecting a whole slew of enemies – and that is certainly the case for Georgina Garrett. Georgina has managed to climb up the ladder and become ruler of all she surveys. Getting to the top was tough, but staying there was even tougher. Her many adversaries never lose an opportunity to bring her down and most of them are willing to do whatever it takes to topple her off her throne. Yet, with each defeat, Georgina always comes back stronger than ever before. But having danced far too close to the edge, is Georgina’s time at the top about to come to an end? Or does the Queen of the Criminal Underworld have more tricks up her sleeve?

For the very first time in a long while, Georgina is feeling worried about the future. Everything looks so bleak and uncertain and she is concerned that the time has finally come where she cannot so easily dodge her enemies’ punches. Her empire is threatened, her life is in jeopardy and Georgina’s confidence is shaken. But having been in tighter spots before, Georgina refuses to go down without a fight. If her enemies want a war, then she is going to give them one and as long as she has breath in her body, she will fight to the bitter end. Georgina will use every weapon in her arsenal to defeat her harshest rivals, but is she strong enough to withstand all the blows and devastation that are about to be wreaked by her most indefatigable of enemies?

Sam Michaels’ Georgina Garrett is such a fascinating character and she is absolutely brilliant in her latest adventure, Siren. Ballsy, tough as nails, honest, loyal but human and flawed, Georgina is somebody readers cannot help but root for and cheer for – even when she does something that can be immoral, illegal or best described as questionable at best!

Siren is a book that will captivate thriller fans and delight saga readers alike with Sam Michaels exquisitely balancing pathos and emotion with action, tension and suspense.

As enthralling as ever, I cannot wait for the next novel by the immensely talented Sam Michaels!
After having served a portion of her prison sentence, Georgina is planning to escape. Does she succeed? Even if she does, does she reclaim her mantle of being the queen of the crime world in London?

Siren by Sam Michaels was a thrilling and exciting read. It was full of action and danger. I was not sure if a vital character would drop off dead on the next page. There were plans and counter plans by the rival gangs to outdo each other and wrest the crown of being the most feared criminal outfit in London. I could not help but fly through the pages to see if Georgina remains unscathed.

Kudos to Michaels for presenting to her readers such a cleverly written plot.

Georgina Garrett is a fearsome and brave woman. Sordid events in her past have shaped her into a hard woman. She would do anything to stay at the top, but I admired her integrity. She would never cross the line.

I also liked the motley crew of characters who were her loyal sidekicks. Further, I also liked how the author provided a realistic touch to the story by describing the hellish surroundings of the German bombings in London.

Though I am not aware of the events in the previous series, I did not have any problems following the story. The author provides a gist of the previous books in the series. However, reading through the earlier works does provide a better understanding of Georgina’s struggles.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes reading fiction about gang wars and kickass women calling the shots.

Many thanks to the publisher for providing me a digital copy through Netgalley.
I’m not going to say anything about the plot on this one as I don’t want to give anything away.  What I will say though is that I absolutely loved this!  Not having read the previous books, to start with I was a bit unsure whether I was going to enjoy it, but a couple of chapters in and I was absolutely hooked.

The characters are absolutely brilliant.  I love a strong female and Georgina Garrett is most definitely that – you wouldn’t want to mess with her that’s for sure!  But as well as being a tough cookie she has a soft side and at times some of what she goes through is heartbreaking.  She will do whatever it takes to get what she wants and I loved that.  I adored Johnny although at times wanted to give him a kick up the bum….when you read this you’ll know exactly what I mean!  I also loved Charlotte, Tim and Lord Hamilton – he’s such a flamboyant and unexpected character!  But don’t be fooled, there are many characters that you won’t like and that will absolutely make your blood boil!

The plot is fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed the side plots going on.  I was sucked into this and didn’t want to put it down.  Even when I wasn’t reading it I was wondering what was going to happen next!  There is action, murders, shootings, romance, robberies and more……there is no chance that you will ever get bored with this!  I was completely gripped and the twists in this had me gobsmacked.

Set in London during WWII, the author has done such a wonderful job of bringing the time and place to life.  I felt like I was there in bombed out London, but at the same time seeing some of the glamour of the other side.  I was there when the air raid sirens went off, and could feel the emotions of the each one of the characters throughout the whole story.

You can definitely read this book as a standalone, I had absolutely no problems but now I just want to go back and read the first three.  I’ve completely fallen in love with the characters and want to know what they got up to before!  So…..if you’re looking for a brilliant, gripping, crime saga with a fantastic plot and powerful characters, then this is definitely for you!  Highly recommended by me! I can’t wait to read the rest!!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this series, I was late to enter Georgina’s dynamic, powerful, deadly and intoxicating world, but now I am in it, there is no way Georgina will allow me ever to leave.

Siren is the fourth book in the incredible Georgina Garrett series, now I was late to this series but from the moment I read my first Georgina Garrett book last year I was completely hooked and this is one of those series where the first taste has you addicted. This is one of those series, which don’t necessarily need to be read in order – I speak from experience I have the first two ready and waiting to be read on my kindle, but I found that even though they are all connected you can enjoy them easily enough as stand-alone’s but I can guarantee that the moment you have read one you will be wanting to read the others as this series is massively entertaining.

Siren picks up where the previous book; Vixen left off. Georgina is in the third year of her prison sentence, and as expected for anyone who knows our formidable female gangster she isn’t happy with her predicament, literally within the first few pages she is already plotting her escape from Holloway. Don’t worry if you haven’t read Vixen, you can easily pick up what’s going on but I would recommend you read it as then you will know what befell Georgina.

Back in Battersea, London Charlotte Mipple is left running what is left of Georgina’s empire, her brothel is now being rented out as flats and all her other exploits have been disbanded with her group of faithful supporters. All Charlotte has to is collect the rent which is due, the only problem now their fearless, feared leader has been locked away all the smaller gangs are re-doubling their efforts to be the top dog of Battersea. 1943, the bombs are landing on and around London, Georgina Garrett is stuck in Holloway Prison, she isn’t the type of woman to sit idly by and watch eight years of her life pass her by when she has urgent business to attend to. She wants her children, she misses them dearly and she misses her gang – who thanks to her were free to disband and go off into hiding or make their way. But, most of all she wants to be free ad she wants revenge on the person who brutally murdered the man she loved.

Georgina has a plan to break free from her bars, and that freedom will come in the shape of her guard; Miss Winter, she plans on being moved to Pentonville to work as a domestic – the perfect opportunity to break free of her jailers and seek revenge and her children.

I love reading a novel with a good strong woman at its core and honestly, there aren’t any that compare to our Ms Garrett, she is a tough cookie, strong-willed, determined, loyal to those around her – just note, you never cross Georgina as it will end in your downfall. But once people are within the circle of trust she will protect you with her life and look after you. The queen of the underworld is a powerful, strong, complex, passionate and deeply feared woman who you can’t help but get behind, she is also kind and caring.

Siren is a rollicking great crime saga, lead by one of the best characters around. It’s thrilling, enticing, shocking, exciting, gripping right from page one, you will be perched at the edge of your seat as the unexpected and explosive drama unfolds before your eyes.

I have said it before, and I will say it again if you love Peaky Blinders as I do, then this is the series you need to read. It is a brilliant and intoxicating series, full of brutal revenge and danger, fantastic and gripping plot, the writing is flawless, the historical detail is second to none, it has a real edgy and dramatic book which you can get your teeth into.
The 4th book in the series of Georgina Garrett, she is still in Holloway prison affectionately known as "Camden Castle". She's in her third year for fraud. and has had enough, she misses her children and desperately wants them back from lash's traveller family.

Her crew have split up with only Charlotte Mipple and Johnny Diamond holding the fort but they are under constant threat from the Naylor brothers.
We meet a great new character Lord Hamilton who is a font of information and stories, his character is hilarious.

What an excellent writer Sam Michaels is, no wonder she is at the top of the book charts and so well deserved.

Her books draw you in from the first page throw you around and spit you out exhausted at the end. She is an exciting writer and her books are always full of action and thrills, with a big surprise.
Well done Sam on another winner. xx
Thank you NetGalley for allowing me to read and review this excellent book. xx
‘Siren’ is the fourth book in the bestselling Georgina Garrett series.  I have read, loved and reviewed the previous three books in the series and I had high hopes for ‘Siren’.  I thought the first three books in the series were good but bloody norah, ‘Siren’ is the best one yet.  I thoroughly enjoyed every single second of ‘Siren’ but more about that in a bit.
What can I say about Georgina Garrett?  Well for a start she scares the crap out of me.  She is one seriously tough cookie.  In fact Georgina is tougher than most men are.  That said, she does have her human side too and she has been known to keep an eye on those who are vulnerable to help and protect them.  ‘Siren’ sees Georgina part way through her prison sentence.  I won’t say too much more about that as I would hate to give away any spoilers.  Georgina knows that people can be manipulated and she knows exactly how to play them.
It took me no time at all to get into this fantastic book.  In fact seeing the name ‘Sam Michaels’ on the cover was enough to convince me that I had to read ‘Siren’ as soon as possible.  As soon as I started to read, I just knew that I wouldn’t be moving very far from the sofa for the rest of the day as I wouldn’t be able t put this book down.  My Kindle wasn’t exactly glued to my hand but it might as well have been.  I just couldn’t bear to miss a single second of the story as I might miss something.  Whilst reading ‘Siren’ I lost all track of time and just how quickly I was getting through the story.  All too quickly I reached the end of the book and I had to say farewell to Georgina Garrett.
‘Siren’ is absolutely bloody brilliantly written but then I find that to be true of Sam’s books in general.  She writes powerful, gritty and at times scary crime fiction.  In Georgina Garrett, Sam has created one hell of a character.  In all honesty I can’t say that I liked Georgina as such but I certainly wouldn’t want to cross her.  Sam has a way of grabbing your attention from the start and drawing you into what proves to be a compelling story.  Reading ‘Siren’ felt like being on a scary and unpredictable rollercoaster ride with several twists and turns along the way.  I felt as though I was part of the story and that’s thanks to Sam’s very vivid and realistic storytelling.
In short, I thoroughly enjoyed reading ‘Siren’ and I would definitely recommend this book to other readers.  I will certainly be reading more of Sam’s work in the future.  The score on the Ginger Book Geek board is a very well deserved 5* out of 5*.
I love how this author has successfully and effectively created a fusion of two of my favourite genres: gritty gangland crime thrillers, and evocative and atmospheric historical fiction. For me, this is well balanced and evokes a clear mood and atmosphere of danger and urgency, as suggested by the cover.

Of course, I have loved the character of Georgina. She is a strong and complex character, who is well developed. The writer does well to show her ability to be cunning and manipulative as well downright dangerous and violent, but also portrays her more human side, which shows empathy and compassion for others.

I was really pleasantly surprised with the amount of action and twists and turns this book takes. The book opens with Georgina desperate to escape prison, and be reunited with her children. I really thought this would be the crux of the plot, but Sam Michaels takes this much further to ensure that this is a gritty, gruesome and fast-paced read.

Overall, I have found this a gripping book that explores lots of essential traakts of the human condition: namely, a thirst for power, an unquivering loyalty, and a desire and determination to protect those we are loyal to. I found this book to be highly original and an entertaining, if dark, read. I would recommend this book to fans of gangland crime with a more modern setting, as this fine piece of historical fiction definitely carried all those great traits, and more!
A thrilling and exciting addition to this gripping series!

At the end of the third instalment, we saw Georgina in unusual trouble and this book picks up where it left off. Georgina remains, as always, a strong woman and her exploits are as riveting and attention grabbing as ever. Georgina Garrett may be down, but you can never count her out!

I've revelled in this series from the very first; I've always enjoyed reading about strong women and they don't come much tougher than Miss Garrett. For anyone who thought it was the end of her empire at the end of the last book is in for a big surprise. Cleverly planned and constructively plotted, there are lots of highs, one or two lows and a few surprises along the way - although I had worked out one of them beforehand. A great addition to this terrific series, and one I'm very happy to recommend .. 4.5*.

My thanks to the publisher for my copy via NetGalley and to Vicky Joss for my spot on this tour' this is - as always - my honest, original and unbiased review.
It is hard to imagine how previous generations lived their lives and made social and business connections, even harder to imagine what it must have been like living in London during World War 2 but can we even comprehend what prison life was like for a woman at this time and how she could run some of the London ganglands. In this book Sam Michaels brings all of this to life so good that you can virtually experience the sights, smells and sounds of the times.
Although this is the fourth book in the Georgina Garrett series, it is the first one I have read. I am sure that if you have read the previous three books you probably cannot wait for this one but I still enjoyed reading the book as a standalone.
This is a gritty, gangland crime book so there are some issues and events that may disturb you but what else would you expect from this type of book? The book also shows the softer side of the main character and has lots of twists and turns and blends in the historical fiction brilliantly.
Many thanks to NetGalley, Aria & Aries and Sam Michaels for providing me with a digital advanced review copy of this book in return for an honest, unbiased review.
The Kindle issue is released on the 8th April and the paperback is issued on the 8th July
#Siren #NetGalley
I loved it!  I haven't read any of the Georgina Garrett books before and this is number 4.  It didn't matter if you didn't know the back story as this is explained whenever necessary throughout the book so you can get a feel for who is who and what happened in the past. It has definitely made me want to read the previous books through!

This one starts 3 years after Georgina is arrested and sent to Holloway Prison where we find her  in the opening sequences.  She is missing her children madly and finding life in prison hard.  Her empire is crumbling and new gangs are taking over.  She needs to get back out there to make sure her children are safe.

The novel is set in 1943 and I found the war time theme fascinating and the hardships as a result of being at war.  The characters are well described and believable and the book is fast paced enough to hold your attention and to keep you reading.  I'll definitely be reading the rest!
This is an addictive historical ganglit with the indomitable Georgina Garrett desperate for release from Holloway Prison to reclaim her children and get revenge on her enemies.  With WW2 still raging when Georgina returns to Battersea, she has to regroup and diversify to achieve her aims with grit and tenacity, meeting violence with violence.

This is a well-written story with vivid characters and a menacing ethos. It captures the gangland era dynamic and personalities in an intricate plot with unexpected twists.

I received a copy of this book from Head of Zeus-Aria and Aries via NetGalley in return for an honest review.
Another stunning instalment in the Georgina Garrett series. These books just get better and better. I loved catching up with Georgina and her old buddies. The story was action packed and fast paced throughout. I cannot find a single negative about this book!
This is the fourth book in the Georgina Garrett series and honestly this series just keeps on getting better and better.  It is 1943 and the Second World War is still raging on and Georgina is in her 3rd year at Holloway Prison.  She is desperate to be free and being with her young son and daughter,  in the meantime back in Battersea Georgina’s former henchmen have gone their own separate ways.  Can Georgina get an early release from prison and can the former gang members reunite and start afresh.   Wow !  I absolutely loved this book.  We are back with many of the characters from the previous books and some new ones are introduced.   This is gangland at its very best.  There are plenty of heart stopping and pulse racing moments.  Also as you’d expect from a gangland crime thriller plenty of blood and gore.   5 ⭐️
4.5 stars rounded up to 5

Georgina Garrett #4

Georgina Garrett is back. She's already spent three years of her sentance. Her gang have went ther own way. She hates prison life and she's desperate to get her kids back from. Lash's parents. She also wants revenge on The Top. Charlotte Mipple is trying her best to keep some of Georgina's interests going but the Naylor brothers are taking advantage of Georgina being locked up.

There's so much i want to say about this book but i can't. This series gets better with each new book. The tension builds throughout the story. There's a couple of new characters but all the old faces are back. Georgina has balls of steel. Thers's plots and subplots in this thrilling, gripping and gruesome read. I do hope there's more books to come in this fabulous series.

I would like to thank #NetGalley, #AriaAries and the author #SamMichaels for my ARC of #Siren in exchange for an honest review.
Holloway Prison. London. November 1943.

Georgina Garrett is not cut out for incarceration. She misses her children terribly and still mourns the death of the man she loves. It's no surprise that even concrete cells cannot cage her. In true Georgina style, she soon secures the freedom she desires.

Her friends in Battersea, welcome Georgina’s return with hurrahs and anticipation. Georgina is pleased to see that Charlotte has done well letting out the apartments and collecting rents – even if one of the new tenants is a copper. Johnny and the old gang, always antsy for action, are thrilled to have Georgina back.

But Georgina has plans. She is hell-bent on retaliation for David’s murder. And the need to make money – loads of it and fast, fuels her. Risk and danger are no strangers to Georgina. She easily reasserts her position and reputation and reassumes command.

Rivals beware. Georgina is back: and this siren is open for business and ravenous for revenge.

The Georgina Garrett series is outstanding. I've been a Georgina fan since Trickster's first sentence. Sam Michael’s Siren is brilliant: action-packed, clever characters, colorful diction, and a twist that tops it all.

Thank you to NetGalley and Aria & Aries for the read of Sam Michael’s, Siren.
Loved this series Sam and you definitely saved the best till last. I did guess correctly one bit of the story early on, but it was such an action packed book it didn’t matter. My only complaint is that I couldn’t put it down. A fabulous five star read
Well what can I say except WOW! Another fantastic book in the Georgina Garrett series! This one follows Georgina’s story from prison and does not disappoint. Its filled with so many twists and turns I felt dizzy, Sam Michaels is certainly taking Martina Cole’s title as the queen of crime. Every book in this series that I’ve read has been better than the last one so I really can’t wait for the next one, fantastic read from  a fantastic series
Ohhhhh this is my favourite book yet so explosive and all the characters with such a strong storyline I absolutely loved it and was hooked from start to finish.for anyone who hasn’t read this series what are you waiting for? You don’t know what your missing Georgina’s life story is fascinating and a real page Turner.
Sam Michaels has smashed it out of the park yet again! Love the Georgina Garrett series, really hope there are more to follow. Highly recommend without a doubt!