Cover Image: Spring Blossoms at Mill Grange

Spring Blossoms at Mill Grange

When I first requested this book I didn’t realise it was the third book in the series. So I had to read the other two first and I’m so glad I did. As I was able to relate to all there stories. It’s a wonderful series filled with hope, joy, love, doubt, cheese scones and more. I hope there will be more please
Another heartwarming, entertaining and engrossing addition to this series.
I was happy to catch up with the characters and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
I really enjoyed this, it’s the third book in this series and the adorable romances continue as they plan a wedding. I don’t think though it could be read as a stand-alone, you need to know so much from the previous books to make sense of the characters and what’s going on. . There are a lot of characters it can be confusing and I’ve read the previous books.. The pacing was just too slow for me on this one but it improved as it went on. A fun read, but not as good to me as previous books.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
We’re finally back to see where everyone is and how they are faring as Sam and Tina’s wedding day approaches, Thea and Shaun are off on a new adventure as they are the co-experts on a new dig for a television program – with a new ‘producer’ who’s put everyone on edge.  Helen’s time at the Grange is soon over as she has to return to her job at the Roman Baths, and her relationship with Tom, his young son still undetermined but an offer to write a book and the fact she really doesn’t want to go all combine to give us plenty of drama. Mable is still a rockstar and Bert is marvelous- but even their foundations are rocked as Bert is ill, and Sam’s desire to visit with him in the hospital conflicts with his anxieties, adding to his worries about being ‘enough’.  Of course, Tony Stark and his girls are present and providing moments of ‘advice’ and allowing Tina to talk out her issues – and plan the wedding venue in full sight of the ‘girls’.

But we have much more interior voices and thoughts here – from Shaun’s discomfort with the new producer and his ‘attitude’ toward Thea, to Thea’s grating at the interference – and missing her home at Mill Grange – despite the rather spectacular finds that this current dig has unearthed for film.  And some things you just need and want your friends about – as Tina is struggling with Sam’s parents and an apparent desire they marry at his family’s estate – much to both of their consternation. Tina is feeling the loss of her parents and Thea – while she and Helen are developing a rapport, things aren’t quite the same. And Helen has her own worries between her attraction to Tom and her worries that she won’t be about – not to mention Tom’s own insecurities and worries with his son and his former partner’s behavior.  It’s a veritable plethora of moments, even as we get glimpses of the Roman past in Britain through the dig that Thea and Shaun are on, there are moments about the fortlet, the dig at Mill Grange and the book proposal for Helen that bring us back to the core of the story – coming together through the archaeological and restoration projects to teach, to learn and to heal.

I’m a huge fan of this series – and just noticed (yep – that I did) that the books are ‘seasonal’ so I am hoping that there will be a winter/Christmas story that will bring us full circle and allow us to see these friends that have become family through to another season. Kane’s ability to build these characters: real, flawed, strong and resilient makes them compelling and people that you want to know – and are always happy to see them return again and again.

I received an eArc copy of the title from the publisher via NetGalley for purpose of honest review. I was not compensated for this review: all conclusions are my own responsibility.

Review first appeared at <a href=” https://wp.me/p3OmRo-aSN /” > <a> I am, Indeed </a>
Brilliant story, loads of ups and downs.
Loved that there wasnt just the main story of Tina and Sam but also about the 3 other couples.
I'm glad tom and Helen are back together after the misunderstanding.
Also that thea and Shaun have finally made up and are back on track.
I'm so happy that bert got better and he got to be the father of the bride.
This book made me laugh and cry in all the right places.
Cant wait to see if there is another one in the series.
Another brilliant instalment in the Mill Grange series. It was lovely being back in the beautiful area of Exmoor and to be involved in the characters lives once again. Being bossed around by Mabel sounds wonderful. Jenny Kane’s writing is brilliant and manages to involve you in the story completely as you laugh and cry along with the individual characters. Such a lovely read.
Not sure where to start with this review as there are so many characters in this book it's confusing at times, the story ambles along nicely telling the story of Mill Grange and all the people connected with it. House owners Sam and Tina trying to organise a wedding. Helen and Tom deciding whether to be together with the added bonus of Tom's son, Shaun and Thea on a TV archeology dig. I didn't feel the emotion in the story but it was enjoyable.
I received this book for an honest review from netgalley #netgalley

A delightful spring read full and new friends and a new start. The setting was breathing and characters fun.
Loved this book as much as the first two that I have read in this series. Four fun couples at different stages in heir relationships , their lives and enjoyment goes on. Mill Grange is a great series and not one to be missed, a real romcom here for sure. If you haven't read the first two books don't worry as you can pick up the threads easily.  This is a 5 star novel and I recommend it.

Thanks to Netgalley and publisher fir this early ARC
Another good book in the series. Romance continues as they plan Sam and Tina’s wedding. Shaun and Thea start fighting at their archeological site, Tom and Helen struggle with their budding romance, and Mabel and Bert struggle with illness. Enjoyed meeting up with all, but did get tired of lack of communication between the couples. Otherwise highly recommend this book and author. Good story that could be read alone, but best with previous in the series.
This book is the third in a series, and it seemed to rely too much on the previous books to really be called a standalone. There are a lot of characters, and I had trouble orienting myself to the story as a result. Also, too much time seemed to be spent on mundane details like food rather than on the actual plot. The pacing was just too slow for me. DNF.
A very well written romance.  Great plot, nice setting and believable characters.  Romance readers will enjoy this book.
A fun read following four couples who are at differing stages of their relationships. It is part of a series, I had not read the proceeding books and had no problem picking up the threads of the different story lines.
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an early review copy.

Having read the first two books in this series I was really looking forward to reading this book, and I wasn’t disappointed.

A fantastic story, hard to put down. Read Irvin nearly in sitting.

A well- written, enjoyable read, it’s set in Exmoor - fictional town of Upwich. The people of that area were so well written and so were the descriptions.

This story revolves around the lives of four couples - Tina and Sam, Shaun and Thea, Tom and Helen, and Bert and Mabel, each couple being a key part of this story and the continuous running of Mill Grange.

It felt so good to catch up with everyone. Felt like meeting old friends after a while.

There were moments when a tear was shed white reading..

I would definitely recommend reading this series. Eagerly awaiting the next one.
Spring Blossoms at  Grange was a sweet story that pulled me in from Chapter 1!...... I highly recommend it!
This book is is part of a series of books at Mill Grange. Sam buys Mill Grange, renovates the house & opens it up to veterans to enjoy the long walks & also to try their hand at archeaology. A fortlet is found in the grounds which attracts people to Mill Grange.  The story develops with interesting areas of archeaology, the people involved in Mill Grange & Sam & Tina's up & coming wedding.
The characters are likeable & interesting, which makes reading the series a pleasure. Enjoyable easy read.
What a fantastic story this was, I loved it from start to finish. This is a well written, truly delightful read, set in Exmoor, in the fictional town of Upwich, Jenny conjures up the feel of the area and the people who live there perfectly.  Jenny Kane's expressive descriptions of the area certainly bring it to life.

The book revolves about the lives of four couples, Tina and Sam, Shaun and Thea, Tom and Helen, and Bert and Mabel, each of them is intrinsic to the story and the running of Mill Grange. I loved catching up with the lives of the people from Mill Grange and the characters themselves in this series of books. They are well rounded and I felt like I know them well, like old friends. Seeing how their lives and relationships are evolving was wonderful.

This is a really easy read which definitely had me smiling and maybe I did shed a tear or two, as well. This the third story from the Mill Grange series and I really recommend reading them all. I will be waiting impatiently for the next instalment.

#SpringBlossoms #NetGalley
Thank you NetGalley, Jenny Kane and Aria & Aries for the ARC of Spring Blossoms at Mill Grange.
This is my personal review.
Spring Blossoms at Mill Grange is the third book in the Mill Grange series. I have not read the first two in the series.
Helen has been trying to convince herself that she does not have feelings for Tom. She has told herself they are just friends and she is leaving to return to Bath after her sabbatical is over.
Tom is certain that is loves Helen. She is absolutely everything her wants in a woman. Life has other things in store for him. He has a decision to make that can give him what he wants.
I enjoyed reading this book and getting to know Helen and Tom.
Ah, Jenny has done it again ...  I am already champing at the bit for book 4!

Back with the gang at Mill Grange is like meeting up with long lost friends.  This time we find out if Helen and Tom finally see the light,  Thea helps front Landscape Treasures and Mabel and Bert take on roles they never expected.

Copy received via Netgalley.
I received an advance copy of, Spring Blossoms at Mill Grange, by Jenny Kane.  It was nice to return to an old friend.  I liked the characters  and the setting.