Cover Image: Love's Dwelling

Love's Dwelling

Love’s Dwelling by Kelly Irvin is Book 1 in the Amish Blessings Series. I must say that this book written about the Amish is very different from most and I enjoyed reading it. Job and Dinah Keim have inherited the care of their grandchildren whom they did not know existed. Their daughter left their home as a teenager and they had not heard from her since that time. Mason the eldest of the children wants to make sure his half siblings will be taken care of as he is as shocked as his grandparents are, for his mother never said a word about being raised Amish. Each in their own way do all they can to fit in with each other, as everything is so different for the children and the grandparents. Most Amish books are the telling of those who left their faith but I’ve never read where the non Amish wants to embrace the Amish faith.
There are many tender moments and you can’t help but love the children as they struggle with the loss of their mother and a new way to live without their games, tv, phones and fast foods. This story is incredibly well written, with strong characters, heartache, love, forgiveness, redemption, and a feeling of coming home. Some moments will surprise you and other moments will bring tears to your eyes….. I received a complimentary copy of this book from Zondervan through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
Great story! Great characters!
Cassie is taking care of an elderly couple, Job and Dinah. Dinah's eyesight is failing, among other health issues when Cassie decided to move in with them so she could be there for them more.
Job and Dinah love Cassie as though she were their own. Their own daughter, Georgia, ran away after joining the church, taking her brother, Perry, with her. They never heard from either of them again.
Cassie desires a husband and kinner (children) of her own, but so far, it hasn't happened for her.
Imagine everyone's surprise when a social worker shows up at their door with five children, and one sibling who is grown and tells them the children belonged to their daughter, Georgia, who has died. Mason, the oldest of the siblings, found in his mother's things a note saying if anything ever happened to her that she wanted her children to live with her parents, Job and Dinah. This was news to the kids as they knew nothing about their mother's family, and nothing about their mother once being Amish.
News, also, to Job and Dinah as they had no idea that Georgia had children. Once she ran away, they knew nothing of her or her life.
The way Kelly Irvin told the story just made all the characters come to life! What a difficult, joyous, and sad time for everyone, all rolled into one.
This is truly a 'beauty from ashes' story. Good came from something that was so hard and sad.
You will fall in love with each of the children. Mason, who shouldered being a parent rather than an older brother to his siblings. Kathy, who tried to be a little momma to her siblings. Bobby, who at 16, is very sad and confused.
This book was truly a delight and I thoroughly enjoyed it!
I was given an advanced ecopy by the publisher, Zondervan and Netgalley. I was under no obligation to leave a positive review.
Let me start with my usual disclaimer when it comes to Amish themed books:
I have lots of problems with Amish and Mennonites communities (I encourage you to do some research on hiding rapes and domestic abuse, and how these communities deal [or rather not deal] with it), but in general the Amish culture is fascinating and when you sugarcoat it this book is what you get.

This book is sweet and wholesome and if you need a break from thrilles or any sad/heavy/horrible books then I'd say go for it!
There's a lot of God talk, so be aware of that. Not everyone is ok with it, but honestly it comes with the territory I guess.
The whole plot is more intriguing than in your typical Amish novel and I admit it it made me tear up a bit few times.

It's not the best book you'll ever read but it's a quick and clean read.
What a lovely beginning to a new series by Kelly Irvin. It is a story that encompasses a lot of loss but hope shines through even in the most dire circumstances. I highly recommend.
Cassie Weaver only wants what most Amish young women want: a husband and family of her own.  However, being the housekeeper for the Keim's isn't so bad until Child Services show up with their 5 grandchildren. The Keims have prayed for the salvation and return of their two children to the Amish faith.  After the death of their daughter, the Keims become the guardians to her 5 children.  At 22, Mason feels he should be taking care of his siblings.  Will he be able to trust his grandparents he has never known and their too pretty housekeeper to raise the siblings that only he wants to raise?  However, when he discovers that the tug to keep returning to their home is not just tied to seeing his brothers and sisters, will he find a happiness he didn't know he was searching for?

The characters here a very relatable and one finds themselves turning pages to see what happens next. It is a sweet story that shows maybe there can be a happy ending to an Amish girl in love with an English boy. I received a copy through Netgalley.  A review was not required.
Love's Dwelling by Kelly Irvin is the first of her Amish Blessings Series. In it, six children are orphaned when their mom is killed. When her living will is discovered, they find out that she was raised Amish and she wants them to go to her parents if something happens to her. Her parents, Dinah and Job, are surprised but so grateful to get to know them. All of the children, except the oldest, come to live with them. A young lady in their Amish community, Cassie, moves in to help them with the children and all the work at the house. When sparks fly between the oldest son Mason and Cassie, things get a bit more complicated. I enjoyed this book so much. It may be one of my favorites by Irvin to date. I thought the characters were fleshed out and that I got to know them. I cried with them and laughed out loud with them. I am looking forward to the rest of the series! Thanks #NetGalley for the chance to read this book. #Bookstagram #all_the_pages
Book one in author Kelly Irvin’s new series, Amish Blessings, went in a direction I didn’t expect. But in a good way!

Heartwarming, this book will keep you on your toes as five English children show up with plenty of baggage. Throw in an Amish maedel who is determined to help, and an older English brother who doesn’t know what he wants yet, and there are lots of emotional ups and downs.

There is a lot of loss in this story, along with addictions, and health issues; it’s not a syrupy sweet tale. But Irvin writes it in such a way that hope is always front and center. Hope and love of family. If you enjoy Amish fiction then I highly recommend Love’s Dwelling. I’m looking forward to book 2

I received a complimentary copy of this book but was not required to leave a review.
Love’s Dwelling by Kelly Irvin is a poignant novel.  This is a book that I stayed up late reading (you should have seen me trying to read while I made dinner and did the dishes).  It is so much more than an Amish romance novel which I loved.  I thought Love’s Dwelling was well-written with developed characters. We go to Yoder, Kansas where Cassie Weaver works for Dinah and Job Keim as their housekeeper.  They are shocked when a social worker arrives with five young kids along with a man in his 20s.  It turns out that their daughter who left twenty-three years ago has passed away and left guardianship of her children to them.  Her oldest son, Mason Keim (22) does not want to lose contact with his half siblings.  Cassie offers to move in to help with the kids since Dinah has health issues.  Cassie quickly falls in love with the kids.  Mason finds Cassie easy to talk to and they become friends.  Mason wants to learn more about his heritage and how his siblings will be raised.  The more Mason learns, the more he finds it appealing.  But Mason is unsure if he could transition from his Englisch lifestyle.  He finds himself falling for Cassie, but, as Mason has been warned, love is not a reason to become Amish.  What path will Mason take?  Love’s Dwelling is an emotional novel as the Keim’s grandchildren adjust to their new life.  These kids have not had the easiest life and they have just lost their mother.   They are being taken away from everything that is familiar.  Little Jennie, the Keim’s youngest grandchild, is the show stealer.  She is a cutie.  Family, forgiveness, acceptance, and faith are the central themes of Love’s Dwelling.   Learning to deal with regrets is another issue addressed.  I like that the Amish do not force their beliefs on the kids or Mason.  They live by example.  You also get to see the differences between the Amish and the Englisch (besides the obvious).  The ending nicely wrapped up the story.   I am eager for the next book in the Amish Blessings series.  Love’s Dwelling is a touching Amish tale with grief-stricken grandchildren, a helpful housekeeper, debilitating diabetes, a searching sibling, grateful grandparents, and scrumptious cake.
I am officially now a huge Kelly Irvin fan!  This is the first book I've read by Kelly and it's not going to be the last! Immediately after I finished I headed over to our local library website and put a few of her books on hold.  I can't wait to read more!

Love's Dwelling was just so good!  It drew me right in to a new community and it's people.  You just can't help but fall in love with Cassie and Mason and all the "kinner".  This is a beautiful story of love, grief, and coming out better than you were before.  I'm looking forward to the next in the series and many more happy hours escaping away to someplace new in Kelly Irvin's books.

Thank you Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review.  All opinions are my own.
This book as there are so many surprising twists and turns showing how relationships, love, forgiveness and new ways of life can create to surprising family dynamics. After living in Amish country for many years I loved the new look to an Amish story with the mix of English and Amish characters. Looking forward to reading more from this great author.
4.5 stars.

Love’s Dwelling by Kelly Irvin is a heartfelt Amish novel of family, healing and love.

Twenty-two-year-old Cassie Weaver is a housekeeper for Job and Dinah Keim. Despite his advanced years, Job is still hard-working and takes care of his farm work on his own. Dinah’s diabetes has worsened over the years and while she has lost her sight, she remains thankful for her blessings.  When their grandchildren unexpectedly arrive, their happiness is mixed with sorrow because their estranged daughter has passed away. With grandchildren ranging in age from four-year-old Jennie to twenty-two-year-old Mason, they open their hearts and their home to the grieving children. Cassie moves in full-time to assist with the care of the younger kids while Mason continues living and working in the city. With his visits to his grandparents’ farm filling a void within him, Mason considers converting to the Amish faith. He is also beginning to fall in love with Cassie who also falls for him, but until he has decided what life he wants, she knows they have no future together.

Cassie is an absolutely delightful young woman who years for a family of her own. She easily settles into helping with the younger children.  She is charmed by young Jennie who thrives in her new home and basks in her grandmother's care. Eight-year-old Kathy is very responsible for her age and she loves life on the farm. The two youngest boys enjoy working the farm with Job but sixteen-year-old Bobby chafes at the new rules and expectations. Cassie tries her best to assist the kids as they transition from their old way of life to their new one.

Mason has been raising  his younger siblings for so long it is difficult for him to relinquish them into their grandparents' care. With bills to pay, he keeps his old job but he is exhausted from driving back and forth to see his brothers and sisters. Mason soon grows to appreciate the slower pace and simpler life he enjoys at his grandparents’ farm. But does he want to become Amish?

With a lovely undercurrent of faith, Love’s Dwelling is a truly captivating novel with a serene setting and multi-dimensional characters. Dinah and Job are loving grandparents whose pain over their daughter’s death and their son’s continued absence is palpable.  Cassie’s joy is contagious as she cares for the children and gently assists Dinah with daily tasks. Mason is a wonderful young man whose confusion about his future is easy to relate to. The storyline is engaging and Kelly Irvin brings this charming Amish novel to an uplifting conclusion. This first novel in the Amish Blessings series will leave readers eagerly awaiting the next installment.
I enjoyed this story. Cassie does not know what she is getting herself into when she decides to move in with the Keim's and help with their grandchildren. Cassie is a joy and a delight. She radiates energy and possesses a genuine love of her life. She is enthusiastic in all that she does and has many admirable qualities.

"Stay-at-home moms, childcare workers, teachers, and nannies should be paid more than pro basketball players and celebrity actors combined."

Mason is from the school of hard knocks. He does not want to give custody to the grandparents he has never known but doesn't have a say in the matter. He is also a remarkable character. He is strong, faithful, and loves his siblings something fierce. His willingness to learn about the Amish that his siblings are living with also speaks highly of his character.

"Why do people care how Plain folks live? They even read made-up romance stories about us. We're just trying to live our lives in a way that pleases God."

This story has many tender moments, you can't help but love the enthusiasm of the children. This story is incredibly well written, with engaging characters, heartache, love, forgiveness, redemption, and a theme of coming home. Some moments will surprise you and other moments will bring tears to your eyes. I appreciate the originality of this story and its emphasis on families coming in different shapes and sizes. It's not just another predictable Amish story.

I would recommend this story to anyone who loves Amish fiction that will grip you from the beginning and keep you hanging until the concluding sentence...and leave you wanting more. I don't know when the next book in the series will be coming out, but you better believe I will be keeping an eye out!

Thank you to Net Galley and Zondervan for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are completely my own.
What a wonderful start to a new series! This is a well written book that is full of emotions. It hooks you on the first page and doesn't let go. I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of Amish fiction. I received a complimentary  copy from Zondervan Fiction via NetGalley and was not required to write a review. All opinions expressed are my own.
Thanks go to the publisher and Net-Galley for the complimentary digital copy of Love’s Dwelling by Kelly Irwin. I voluntarily agreed to read and review this novel prior to publication. My opinions are my own, and nothing has influenced my rating.

Love’s Dwelling is a well written Amish novel with endearing characters and an emotionally charged plot. The pacing pulled me in from the first page and kept me enmeshed until the very last page.

Cassie Weaver is the heroine, and her character has all the traits I look for in an Amish female protagonist. While she wants a family and a husband, she’s happy helping Dinah and Job as their housekeeper since Dinah is losing her sight. When they become the guardians to their five grandchildren, she’s more than happy to help her employers. Her immediate acceptance and love for the children in her care touched my heart.

Mason is the hero, and he is shocked when he learns his mother wants her parents to raise his half brothers and sisters. He didn’t even know his mother’s parents, or that his late mother was raised Amish. His reaction is what one would expect when facing such unusual circumstances. This has him questioning everything about his life.

Because he wants to be in his sibling’s life, he finds employment and moves to be near them. As he gets to know his grandparents and the young woman helping them, his feelings for Cassie grow.

I enjoyed the sweet romance between Mason and Cassie. It grows from their friendship and their mutual love for his adorable siblings. I truly wanted this couple to find their happy ending, but there are many things that must fall into place for it to happen.

If you enjoy Amish fiction with plenty of heart that has a lovely message of faith, and a plot that will bring tears to your eyes on more than one occasion, then you will love Love’s Dwelling as much as I did. This is the first book in Ms. Irwin’s newest series, and I can’t wait to read the next one. Happy reading!
Love's Dwelling is such an emotional read. I found myself tearing up several times. This family experienced so much loss, but the joy of overcoming loss and finding family is very uplifting. I found the theme of making life changes to be inspiring. I think Love's Dwelling would be an interesting book to read with middle school students who are going through so many changes themselves.  I am so glad to see that it is the first book in a series. I am curious to find out more about these characters and read the continuation of their stories.
I loved this book.  It was so interesting to see how the English raised children fit into the Amish grandparents home after the death of their Mother.  I recommend it to anyone who loves a good story.
Such a nice story.  Kids needing home and love and people needing one another.  Loved the storyline.  This was book 1 of a new series and I definitely want to read the rest of the series.  So good! And I love Amish fiction and romance.  Always a good clean read as was this book.
It's a book about families sticking together despite loss and heartache.Cassie was a strong and great character, but I really enjoyed Mason as well.  The family is in need of help in many ways.  It has a believable theme and being a fan of Amish fiction, I enjoyed it very much.

I received an ebook copy from NetGalley.  All thoughts are my own.
This book is a great start to a new series by Kelly Irvin.  It is very different from the other Amish books I’ve read.  It kept me guessing the whole time.  We meet Cassie Yoder who is a housekeeper for the Keim’s, an elderly couple.  The Keim’s English grandchildren come to live with their grandparents after their mother’s death.  Mason, at twenty-two, is raising his younger siblings.  Cassie and Mason come to an understanding and I enjoyed seeing them both grow together.
This book has sensitive topics- child abuse, parental death, and faith.  The Keim grandchildren went through many trials in their short lives. The younger children in this book will steal your heart.  I look forward to the next books in the series.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author and Zondervan Books through NetGalley.  The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
This is by far the best ever by Kelly Irvin!
Lots of things going on in this sweet and fun read.
The theme of family, love and forgiveness plus trust are a rolled into one.
My favorite from this book is how the author shows us how love runs deep no matter where you come from.
"Family is a peculiar thing." You don't get to pick your blood relatives, but sometimes people
by being everything that is good
in that word."
This is my favorite quote in this book. It means everything to me because it rings true in every sense of the word.
A gentle reminder from God that there is hope in humans after all.
Forgiveness is easy but the hurt runs even deeper and sometimes,, most times it's hard to overcome.
Life is what we sometimes make of it. But other times it's out of our control.
Cassie's my favorite because she wears her heart on her sleeves just like I do. She willingly opens her heart and her trust in the Lord is strong.
Mason is the one I really admired and appreciated.
I think I could relate to him in more ways than one except for that one.
I appreciate Irvin showing how real his struggles are.
Thank you Ms. Irvin for a fantastic story that made my heart melt in more ways than one!
I'll definitely be sure to add this to my list of favorites for 2021!
Families come in all sizes, through different avenues, and sometimes in surprising ways.

Older couple Job and Dinah Keim, have employed Cassie to be their housekeeper to help Dinah who suffers from the effects of diabetes.  Little did they know when they answered the door, they will now increase their family with 5 active young children, who happen to be grandchildren that they had no idea they had.

The Keims had two children who had left the Amish lifestyle over 20 years ago.  To their shock, their daughter died, leaving a will stating she wants her parents to take care of the children.  Mason, the oldest son is on his own but is not allowed to have custody of his siblings.  They have all been raised English and must now learn how to live as the Amish do.  Mason finds himself attracted to Cassie, but soon learns it is not a possibility for an English man and Amish woman to pursue a relationship.

I loved this book as there are so many surprising twists and turns showing how relationships, love, forgiveness and new ways of life can create to surprising family dynamics.

I highly recommend this book and thank Zondervan Fiction and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book.  The opinions expressed are my own.