Cover Image: The Many: The Complete Trilogy

The Many: The Complete Trilogy

Thank you to NetGalley and Nathan Field for this E-ARC in exchange for my honest feedback and review.

This is a trilogy of three books.  The Many, Ancestral, and The European School.  We find Stacey and Karl.  They investigate a series of events that delve into conspiracy theories.

I'm giving this book a one just because I did not finish it.  The horror was too much for me and I did not complete it.
Excuse me while I catch my breath and pick my eyeballs off the floor. Ahem. Okay, now I’ll try and review this uber-twisted, mind-blowing trilogy.

Book 1 (The Many): 4.5 stars
Grabs you from the get-go when Karl’s sister comes back from an online date acting weird. Karl suspects something terrible has happened – date rape? – but she’s not talking. Meanwhile, Dawn’s mother is acting similarly strange after an online date. It doesn’t end well for either of them, so Karl and Dawn join forces to hunt down these mysterious dates. That’s when things get really dark and twisted. A policeman and a detective get involved, and there’s a creeping realisation something much deeper is going on. It’s incredibly tense, and although the ending is a bit of a cliff-hanger, you don’t have to wait long….

Book 2 (Ancestral): 4.5 stars
Karl and Dawn are trying to track down who is at the heart of this mysterious faceless cult that commits horrendous crimes. But even the cult’s members don’t seem to know who is giving out the orders, or why they’ve been chosen. As they run across the country in search of clues, it slowly becomes clear that Karl and Dawn are being kept alive for a reason, and the cult knows their every move. After Dawn is “captured” by the cult, there’s a time jump, and an awesome climax in the desert with a killer twist that reminded me of G.O.T’s Red Wedding scene.

Book 3 (The European School): 5 stars
The final book that explains everything. I can’t say too much without revealing spoilers, except to say it’s set in a creepy-as-hell boarding school in Missouri that used to be a prison. We learn who is in the cult, and why they’re doing what they’re doing. It’s a mind-blowing finale that is somehow uplifting and disturbing at the same time.

I loved this series so much – I can’t even think of a similar book it’s so unique and out there. Triggers throughout, and it's uncomfortably disturbing at times, but otherwise a brilliant, page-turning trilogy that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys conspiracy-style thrillers or just likes a good scare.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for making this amazing series available in full!
“We swallowed them whole!” What a line, what a villainess, and what an epic ride this intelligent conspiracy thriller/speculative fiction trilogy The Many turned out to be!

There are some great characters in the three books, particularly the evil guys (and girls), but as you get towards the end, it’s clear this is Dawn’s story. You are never quite sure where you are with her, she’s like a stroppy teenager one minute and then a fearless warrior the next, but her conflicted emotions and motives make the surprise ending so much more poignant and chilling.

The reveal will be a love or hate affair but I thought it was brilliant and definitely elevated the trilogy into "literary thriller" territory. I felt like breaking into applause after finishing the last page. Hugely recommended for adult readers.
I'm conflicted. How to review this trilogy?
On the one hand it's extremely well written and a pageturner because of that, on the other hand this secret society/cult doesn't seem to have a clear purpose thus doesn't make any sense. So I persevered, hoping to find out. 900 Pages of brainwashing, hypnotism, violence and abuse to eventually inform the reader of its disturbing ideology. Had I known the outcome would be as ridiculous and unbelievable as it was, I wouldn't have bothered at all. But hey, fiction right, anything they can image goes. Xenu anyone?
Relentless paranoia, same feel as Invasion of the Body Snatchers - pulls you in and holds you there.  Field does a good job of making humans the worst evil, and conspiracy like a black hole that won't let go.  The backstory is rather interesting, and not expected - still come questions left, but everything works regardless.
Thank you to netgalley and the publisher for providing access to the complete The Many trilogy. This was a great fast-paced series that blended modern-day conspiracy theories with a historical bloodline that a family will stop at no lengths to preserve and grow in order to seek revenge and take over power that was stolen from them centuries ago.

What I liked about this trilogy is that it really felt like three different stories, wrapped up into one. I had no idea where it was going, but each time I thought I knew what was happening, something else would happen and a new element was introduced and I was intrigued all over again. In book one, what started out as an internet date turned rape, resulting in an uncharacteristic suicide turned into a search for the rapist to figure out what exactly happened to the victim during her time with the rapist to make her lose herself and commit suicide.

In book two, we see another victim of rape who is still recovering from flashbacks. She discovers she is pregnant, and we are taken on a journey where we wonder will she have one or won't she? Why is she being chased by faceless men? And what happens when they finally catch up to her?

In book three, fast-forward 14 years. We are introduced to Elijah, a teen boy who suddenly gets sent away to a prestigious boarding school in the US that used to be an asylum and then a prison. It still has the fence around it. Lots of strange things happen at the school. Book three brings in the most historical events, which from book review accounts are true. It includes small smatterings of information on the Romanovs and Anastasia etc. and well, everything ends up being tied up into a nice little bow... or is it? I don't think we will see a book four, but I think the author could probably make one if they really wanted to.
This is one of those stories that makes you feel weird and creepy, but it is a pretty good read. Three stories in one, so we are prepared for a long read. All three stories are wicked and twisted. My stomach never untwisted.
Amazing trilogy. The Many took me by surprise. I didn’t expect to enjoy this trilogy so much, the story was riveting and fresh, and the characters were raw and real. The mysterious online date that kicks off the first book is just the start of the nightmare for Dawn and Karl, who uncover a dark conspiracy for the ages. There are terrifying faceless men, a lot of creepy sexual tension, and an unspoken link to a past tragedy. The author's writing style is simple but evocative and it really got under my skin.

Will everyone like it? Probably not, and the big reveal might prove challenging for some (younger?) readers if they’re expecting a cliched genre ending. But if you know the historical subject matter you will definitely love it and the ice cold final chapter. There is scope maybe for a follow-up from Nathan Field? I hope so.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for this edition of The Many.
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a copy of this trilogy. I was pulled into this pretty quickly by the unique storyline. A very creepy conspiracy theory read. The story takes you on a pretty wild ride that keeps you guessing as to what is really happening.  It’s twisted with lots of gore and violence so it may not be for everyone. I felt at times the story was a bit disjointed at times and jumped around a bit too much. Overall I thought the story itself was fantastic though and very unique. I had to keep reading to see how it would end. I would definitely recommend..
The Many is a trilogy made up of the three books: The Many, Ancestral, and European School. It is part thriller, part mystery, part conspiracy theory, with a dash of horror thrown in.

Book One starts with siblings Karl and Stacy. Stacy goes out on a date with a doctor she met on an app that seems far too good to be true. When she comes back the next morning, Karl notices that her behaviour has changed somewhat even though she insists the date went well. She is more aggressive, her demeanour has sexual undertones, and she even accuses Karl of lusting after her. As the days go by, she sinks further and further into high and low episodes where she starts remembering men without faces and having sex in an underground room. Not long after this, it all becomes too much for her and she does something drastic.

Elsewhere, Isobel, Dawn’s mother, also uses an app to find a date and the same scenario occurs with her where her moods swing violently and she starts remembering bad things that happened to her. Isobel feels compelled to do the same as Stacy did, leaving Dawn looking for answers.

On essentially the same quest, Karl and Dawn’s paths intersect on the journey to find the faceless men. Both of them will be pushed into situations they could never imagine themselves in and make decisions that will change their lives forever.

As they move through the next book, Dawn discovers that she may have been a part of the whole thing from the beginning once she is kidnapped and discovers she is pregnant. The book now moves through Karl looking for her and being pursued by the faceless men. The story opens wider with more twists, and new characters being introduced.

This leads into the concluding book which starts of with a completely different setting and different set of characters. Elijah is being sent to an elite boarding school that is not found on any map and once he is dropped off, he may not see anyone outside the school until he graduates. The schoolgoers are odd in a number of ways. They all look similar, the teachers are afraid of the older ones, and the ones in higher years have secrets that they keep aggressively, with the explanation that the younger ones will learn in time.  Elijah also comes across a deformed person living under the school that no one will acknowledge is there. The culmination of the story is the intersection of the three characters and the underlying secret behind the entire plot. Who is the actual kingpin?

I received this trilogy from NetGalley (thank you for that) and was looking forward to a three-book thriller/horror fest. The story starts with a great hook, and even though some details are quite graphic, you really have no clue why certain things are happening. Book one sucks you in and sets up the base story while not giving you too much to work on when it comes to figuring out the reason.  Book two adds more clues and you get to see a different side of the characters – especially Dawn and using violence to get information by any means necessary. Certain parts ask you to stretch the believability factor and things like the “cult ritual” had my eyebrows raised in disbelief at the ease of it happening (this may have taken place in the third one but they all kinda blurred together for me). Book three takes place fifteen years later, so, in the interim, a lot has happened. This book stretched things even further and took one of the oldest conspiracy theories to use as its base. I was hoping for a fresh idea, but this one has been done before. Book one drew me in quickly and book two kept me going for a while, but by book three, I was reading for the sake of reading. The pacing and story just threw it off-angle and I was disappointed with the ending. To have characters “accepting” the reason why didn’t feel right.

Karl started off as a strong character, but as time went by, I kept questioning why he was giving up his whole life. And considering what happened to him, well... Dawn may have been pushed to extremes, but her behaviour became too inconsistent and her ability to “persuade” seemed odd. Elijah’s parentage – we will just leave it at that…

So this is a bit of a mixed bag. It starts off with a great idea but fizzles out. Things are not all ended/explained and bits like the masks would have been interesting to find out more about. Kudos to the writer though for the style of writing and the “almost there” story. Thanks to NetGalley for the opportunity to review the book.
A thinking person's conspiracy series. The hype is justified: The Many was an immersive experience that I couldn't get out of my head the entire time I was reading it, and even now I can picture certain memorable scenes. There are three books here and I would recommend taking a break between them to settle your nerves, even though it's hard to resist bingeing the series all at once.

The Many is the first novel which starts with the intriguing premise of a young woman who comes back from a date in a strange and creepy mood. Her brother Karl knows something is wrong and then finds out there are others, including Dawn whose mother was similarly altered.. The answer to what happened is a complete surprise and the mystery widens. It's not just about a couple of bad dates.

Ancestral is the second novel and we are in full-on conspiracy mode. Who are The Many? How many people are involved, because it seems like almost everyone is hiding something. And what is Dawn's involvement with the Many, is she good or bad?

The European School is the final book  and it's set in a boarding school with a strange cast of students and teachers that somehow relate to The Many.. Dawn and Karl in the background for long periods, but the new characters are just as interesting.. Finding out the origins of The Many was a big surprise and a real treat for conspiracy fans.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the advance copy!
A wordy tome, The Many by Nathan Field is actually a trilogy of books that includes The Many, Ancestral and The European School. To begin the saga, we are introduced to Stacey and her brother Karl, who is struct by the changes in her after a date. As he investigates, a series of events unfold and the interesting premise and promised suspense degenerates into conspiracy theory, cults and graphic violence. Promoted “for adult readers”, The Many requires a stark trigger warning of disturbing themes which include gore and sexual violence. Whilst not a big fan of horror, this trilogy was a real effort to read and only a one-star rating. With thanks to Independent Books and the author for an uncorrected proof copy for review purposes. For those keen enough to venture into this tome, book 1 builds the mystery/horror; book 2 is the psychology/suspense; and book 3 is The why and set fifteen years later.
This trilogy is spine tingling and sure to keep you up at night.
Many thanks to Silvermac Publishing and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
Take one part Handmaid's Tale, one part DaVinci Code and one part American Horror Story. Sprinkle with some Tarantino style. Shake well and ingest if you dare.

This was unlike anything I've read before: a mix of pulp thrills and literary smarts. It was also out-of-the-box creepy and addictive,
I received an advance reader copy of this book through Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

I requested this book because I’d been on a bit of a horror streak lately, and this volume included all three books of a trilogy. It includes The Many, Ancestral, and The European School.

I didn’t really buy into this series as horror. Yes, some horrifying things happen, but the source of those events is not supernatural or terrifying in nature – the books are horrifying in the sense that the violence in thrillers are horrifying, but nothing more as far as I’m concerned. At times, the motivations for the characters to act as they did was lacking, leading to abrupt interactions that weren’t consistent with the previous characterizations. I also had a problem with the pacing, as there seemed to be a lot of conversations in coffee shops and restaurants, and awkward conversations in cars and hotel rooms.

I gave The Many – The Complete Trilogy three stars on Goodreads. The backstory of the antagonists was inventive, but overall, I just didn’t enjoy it as much as I had hoped.
This series of book is for those who like anticipation on what’s next in this often scary tale.. You need to read the full story to get the full view of the story. The what if it could possibly be made me uneasy in a what is going to happen next kind of way.

When someone starts acting strange and completely out of character, Who can you trust?  It took some time to get through all 3 stories. With multiple shocks, I was not able to predict accurately what would come next.

Without giving away to much, prepare for conspiracies, There both good and evil I work I say, but is it? #netgalleyreview
I thoroughly enjoyed this trilogy! I can't say too much without giving anything away, so all I will say as to the plotline was that I definitely did not see where it was going when I started the series, which is so great! My only real complaint was that I think the editing could have been  little bit better in the last book, and I wish the author would not have specified the year 2031, that really threw the story off for me.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to read this one, I will definitely look for more books from this author in the future.
Absolutely devoured this trilogy, full of twists and turns that really gets you thinking about cult groups and conspiracy theories.  The battle to find the truth is all consuming for  Karl as in the first book it is his sister that comes back from a date and has changed.  He is sure that something must have happened to her on this date and sets out to find out what..

The second book develops the search with Dawn who Karl gets involved with the search for the Many, a really great middle book that has you on the edge of your seat at times as they get involved with the many and are looing t find out the truth of who they are and where they are

The final book jumps 15 years into the future where Dawn and Karl re connect after a time apart, the European School is the where the final book is based and where the truth of the Many comes to light.  I didn't figure out the ending until the end as it concluded itself and gave the final out come

A great read i am glad i had the opportunity to read the trilogy
Sex traficking, blind date, drugs, psychotic, gruesome, rape in one story. The question is can you handle it? Imagine going through all of this and no one believe you just because there are no concrete "evidence". You couldn't stop suspecting every person that appears in front of your vision and you will never have a moment to relax. Every chapter was nerve wrecking moment. Did you think it ended here? No, it will never end. The moment you feels you are close to the truth, the more you feels like you dont know anything. Every plot twist will make you need to put down the book and digest everything that was happening at the momment.

I admit that I paused reading a couple times- no, many times -the twist kept on coming the more you read it but instead of feeling like "not again," "seriously?", the story just clicked. Even a not suspicious scene can 'click' and everything gotta be connected to anything.

I like the way the author created a character that how I will put it as a 'realistic characters' He wished to be the hero, he wished to protect the world but he was hopeless. But his bravery and strong mindset kept the story going on. His character never bother me throughout my reading but when i read the 3rd book his whole existence and presence was like a waste of time. He looked like he doesn't serve any purpose to be the 2nd main focus of the story. I wish Karl could have a character development instead of being a main lead with supportive role.

I personally like the story but up till the 2nd book. The 3rd book for me is a disappointment (sorry author)
When you've read literally thousands of thriller/suspense novels, you've ready every plot possible and you don't get very many surprises. "The Many" by Nathan Field took me by surprise! This fast-paced, well-written novel hooked me from the very beginning with a plot different than most thrillers. At first, I thought I had it figured out, then I was disappointed when it revealed what I thought was the plot twist (it seemed anti-climatic)., BUT, it swerved again and got more complex, more intriguing, and further down the rabbit hole than I ever expected. This is a superb thriller that weaves a web of intrigue in layers that had me turning the pages as quickly as possible. to see what happened next. The characters are strong and well defined and I like when an author isn't afraid to (SPOILER ALERT) kill off characters that seem integral to the story. Field's writing is unpredictable and intelligent, a lethal combination. The conspiracy thriller is the toughest to write but the best when it's done properly, which Field does. He has a gift that makes the reader feel like they're in the moment and I found myself looking around me and jumping at little sounds with a creepy, unsettled feeling that sped up my pulse. I didn't miss a beat after finishing the first in the series, jumping straight into the next book, and looking forward to a new set of characters and complex plot that just went deeper and deeper. Field is sharp and clever writing deliciously evil characters and layered conspiracy. With the state of society, this book had me wondering if this couldn't really happen. While it seems a bizarre thought, Field presents it in a manner that makes one fear it could be terrifyingly real so graphic and realistic is how writing. While I'd never read Field before, I'm now a big fan and can't wait to read everything else he's written. Highly recommend!