Cover Image: The Guilty Husband

The Guilty Husband

A great, twisty thriller that captured my attention right away. I was interested by the characters and I loved the short chapters that kept me guessing. A little complex for my students but perfect for YA and older students!
This was a great, fast reading, page flipping domestic thriller! I was immediately drawn in from the first chapter and found myself not wanting to put it down. I did figure out the big twist pretty early on, but it’s a well written story. Thank you Netgalley, HQ and the author for this eARC in exchange for my honest review.
Unfortunately not one of my better reads so far this year.
I found most of the characters unlikeable and in the case of Vincent very smug. I didn't warm to the police officers allocated to the crime as they were quick to judge and appeared to have tunnel vision, until it was nearly too late.
Sorry but this was lacking something for me
The Guilty Husband is a guilty pleasure to read (pun intended). It is a bit of a slow burn and takes a while to pull the reader in. The twists are nearly all expected except one. The book does follow the same formula that most books with big plot twists take (does that make it a twist anymore?)
The author does a good job of bringing in characters to throw the reader off and add to the drama. The husband does make some ridiculous decisions, but that does follow how people make decisions in real life. There is a sense of realism in this entire story. I could see this ending up on Dateline at some point.
This is a quick and fun read and will draw you in from the beginning. The villains are nasty and the victims behave realistically.
Vince is a self-made millionaire who has been told by the police that one of his interns, Layla, was found murdered. Told from multiple POV's Vince's perfect life begins to unravel, and he will do anything to prevent his secrets from coming out. This book kept my attention and I was able to read it pretty quickly. There were many possibilities as to who the killer could be. I found the book to be entertaining with the twists and surprises. Looking forward to reading more from this author.

Thank you Netgalley and HQ Digital for the opportunity to read this book.
This book was an easy thriller. It was a short read. I finished it in less than 24 hours.
Summary: The husband had an affair with an intern and she was found murdered. A lot of evidence pointed to the husband but did he really commit the murder or was it someone else?

It was pretty predictable with a few small twists I didn't expect.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for this copy!

Vince Taylor a tech genius has the perfect life. A sprawling mansion away from the city, a beautiful wife and all the money in the world. Until he has an affair with one of his interns, Layla and she is murdered. The lies and deceit and the truth.

These are my favorite type of thrillers, the twists and keep you guessing moments and this book did not disappoint! Told between Vince, the detective investigating the murder and little bits of Layla. Beautifully written!!!
Thank you Netgalley and HQ, HQ Digital for the copy of The Guilty Husband. This was a fast and easy read! Unfortunately I never really connected to it, maybe because I knew what had happened early on. The characters weren't very interesting.  I think if you are new to this genre you would enjoy this book, but for me it was a run-of-the-mill mystery.
The perfect husband.
One guilty secret..
Do you believe him?

Ugh! That right there had me begging for more and that is just the teaser!

The Guilty Husband, was insane! Once I started this book I was unable to put it down. I was at the edge of my seat the entire time and literally bit my finger nails down to the beds (OUCH!) Totally worth it!

One thing I appreciate with novels is short chapters and hear me out, even though we don't ever mean it when we say "one more chapter" , the thought of being able to because the chapters are so short is a psychological game you play with yourself. The short chapters actually just rope me in to finishing a book in one sitting. The Guilty Husband, did just that. The plot was fluid, my attention was easily grabbed early on and I consistently stayed invested the entire book.

This book is filled with mystery. There is no shortage of twists and turns and I was unable to guess or foresee what was going to happen!

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a suspenseful mystery!
I always enjoy books that come from multiple narrators and this book was no exception. From beginning to end, it is told in 4 different voices which makes it captivating. As is the custom in these type of books, things aren’t always what they seem. Although the end didn’t come as a surprise, it still kept my interest the whole way through.
Thank you for providing me with a review copy of this book. Enjoyed reading, nice twist at the end although I had figured it out beforehand, would recommend....
This book was an exciting ride from the very beginning! When I’m already gasping in the first third of a story, I know I’m in for a good thriller. Definitely the case with this book; I found it to be a very impressive debut novel.
Fast-paced, intriguing novel that overall, I enjoyed, despite some predictable moments incl.. the reveal of the killer.
*received for free from netgalley for honest review* Pretty good read for sure, kept me guessing for awhile, hated having to put it down lol
This was an ok story.
 Vince had everything he could desire, a very successful company a beautiful wife and lived the American dream through hard work. They desperately wanted a baby but that never happened.
Then Vince made a huge mistake, Layla came to work at his company, she was beautiful and sexy,and he had an affair with her.
Layla was not what she seemed to be, and then she was murdered.
Life then became very difficult for Vince.
Got me hooked early into the book and had me compelled to read on. I read the book in a couple of sittings The plot twisted and turned and kept me guessing about who the murderer was till right towards the end when the big reveal came. I would definitely recommend this book
My only slight criticism is a little too much background description at times for me.

Vince is a lucky man, in his eyes and the eyes of most of the world. CEO of a large tech company, gorgeous blonde yoga-instructing wife, Nicole, a huge house along with a penthouse apartment in NYC…he seems to have it all.

What the world doesn’t know is that he also has a tasty little 20-something intern named Layla. His marriage has been rocky after multiple failed IVF attempts, and he has strayed into the arms of a much younger woman. Soon, he realizes how stupid he’s being taking this risk at losing his wife, and tries to break things off with Layla. She’s not taking it well, even though he made it clear from the beginning that this was to be a casual affair.

One morning, he arrives at work to find everyone talking about one thing: that hot little intern was found dead in Central Park, and it definitely wasn’t an accident. As the police begin their investigation, they start looking into her relationship with the CEO. Vince is shady when questioned, anxious, lying to them to avoid his wife finding out about his indiscretions. The police though, unbeknownst to him, have Layla’s diary, and what he’s telling them in no way matches up with what she had written before her death.

Soon, his wife knows everything, the WORLD knows everything due to his semi-celebrity status and the salaciousness of an older man in power being in an extramarital relationship with a young intern. As more and more comes out in the news, Vince realizes he’s close to losing everything. When the handcuffs click on his wrists, he knows his life is over…but he still maintains his innocence.

This book was mostly written from the points of view of Vince and Allison, the main detective on the murder case. Towards the end, a couple other characters join in the narration and that’s when it goes from good to crazy good. This jumped around a lot (very ‘Gone Girl’) but never got convoluted. It was full of twists and turns from beginning to end, and I was thoroughly entertained by the entire thing. An excellent debut thriller, and a definite recommend read!

(I’d like to thank the publisher, author and NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for my review.)
OK!!!!!!!

This book got me on the first chapter, it was short and got to the point and I was like "WHOA, THIS IS GONNA BE A GOOD ONE" and it really was, I enjoyed everything about this book. I felt like it dragged a little, and there was so much mention of Vince and where he came from, and then very little about any of the characters til we got into 70% of the book. It dragged a little, but there was drama in every corner and I loved that, but then as we approach 80% I had my suspicions before but as i got to that percentage I knew who it was already. But I am not going to lie, it still gripped me, I think the way the author placed the suspense so early in the book is what made me want to stick around and finish it. This is the first time where I really did not care about my connection with the characters, I cared more about the story, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!!!!!!!!! WHO DID IT!!! WHY!!!! GIVE ME ALL OF THIS MARRIAGES SECRETS PLEASE!!!!! LOL, I liked it alot.

Thanks Netgalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book and congrats to the author this is her debut book and it was AWESOME!
First of all, I was surprised to learn that this was a debut book as it was extremely well written and intriguing from page one. I genuinely enjoyed the characters, especially because the author gave us a taste of many different personalities- believable characters that one couldn’t help but emphasize with as well as deep, dark characters who created mystery and suspense. In addition, the reader knows the main character has made his share of mistakes in life and isn’t even all that like able, yet you still find yourself liking him.
I would definitely recommend this book!

Thanks to NetGalley, the author, and publisher for an advanced copy of this book in exchange for my review.
This book was enjoyable, easy reading.  Unfortunately I didn't find it that gripping or original and there weren't enough twists in it for me.  It's well written and I like how it covers lots of characters.  It wouldn't put me off reading more by this author, and as a debut normal there's potential for some great following stories.