Cover Image: Book Club Kit: The Great Gatsby

Book Club Kit: The Great Gatsby

The Great Gatsby is my favorite classic and I was curious to see what questions and other information would be included in this Book Club Kit. I was intrigued by it and I think that it would be great to use as a resource! I wish my book club would read this, and if we ever do, I will recommend this.
I loved these book club questions and facts on The Great Gatsby. As an ESL teacher in the Netherlands, next schoolyear will be my first time teaching thus book to my pupils and I can definitely use these questions in my lesson prep.

Thank you so much for this!
While most are familiar with the classic F. Scott Fitzgerald novel through required reading or recent movie adaptations, this kit is a nice addition for book club use.
The is a minimal book club kit some of which could be used in the classroom. There are discussion questions which I think can be modified into essay topics. Also included are quotes about the book which I don't think would interest students very much. Finally, there are some fascinating facts which I think might interest some students. All in all, this was just okay. I had hoped for more.
Growing up, I heard everyone rave about this book and how it was just fantastic and before reading it, the only thing I knew about the book was that the man's name was Jay Gatsby. He was rich and lived lavishly and had wild parties and he had a fear of swimming.

The things I did not know was that this is from the POV of his neighbor who doesn't really have a friendship with Gatsby but his standoffish to him either. Gatsby's past is being questioned and the people that come to his parties talk about him and make up rumors and spread them. We learn that he is still head over heels in love with a woman from 5 years ago. He is stuck on her and he tries to be nice to everyone he meets.

He has horrible anxiety issues and he doubts everything.. even himself when it comes to his relationship with Daisy. The thing that was never addressed was the fact that he was scared of swimming. Not once did it say he was scared of the water, just that he would never go in and would look at it with trepidation. But near the end, he tells his butler that he is going swimming.
I love these Book Club Kits, I wish they were available with every book! I  know The Great Gatsby is a classic, but I was never a big fan. I didn't particularly enjoy reading it as required reading in high school or when I tried again as an adult. The discussion questions brought up some great points, and now I'm considering rereading it for a 3rd time.

The discussion questions were great, and I can see how some could spark long conversations with book clubs. I wish my local book club was still meeting regularly. One question in particular that stuck with me was, "Do you believe it's possible to separate your reading experience from what you know about the life of the author?" I think this one is coming up a lot in discussions right now, and many people are talking about controversial authors. Is it possible to separate the work from the artist/author?
I wanted to read this book since I saw the movie and wow, the book is even more heartbreaking than the film. This classic novel is a must for everyone and I can highly recommend it.
Much as you would expect from a Book Club Kit, a handy little guide, helpful for both individual readers and book groups alike.
Another fabulous book club kit for an amazing, much discussed book.
This kit is ideal for keeping interest in the book and the book club discussions and helps readers to stop and absorb what they have read and mull over thoughts and feelings and discuss elements as a group.
Great idea using these!
A great book club resource, just in time for the novel to be public domain.  Also available online, it will be a great resource for book clubs.
Absolutely loved this book kit! What a great resource for a book club discussion of The Great Gatsby. I really enjoyed the tidbits and questions I recommend this book kit!
A really insightful book club kit. The questions are a good mix of questions about the book itself and the historical impact of the book. The fun facts at the end were also very interesting. I think this will be a great tool given the recent resurgence of Gatsby!
I just recently read The Great Gatsby for the first time and absolutely loved it.  I then reviewed the Book Club Kit.  I think that it would be a great asset to a book club as it would allow them to delve into the storyline and character development more.  I would highly recommend this to a book club; I especially think it would be useful to a virtual bookclub.
This is one of my favorite books of all time and this Book Club Kit is certainly a lovely bonus.  The reader questions are fantastic and thought provoking. The quotes from other popular names is interesting, but not a necessity. The interesting facts section was exactly the kind of anecdotes interested readers want to be able to read. This is a worth wild addition to any book club, classroom, or solo reader looking to build on The Great Gatsby reading experience.
I'm obviously stupid and didn't know what a book club kit was. All the same, this was fantastic. Amazing ideas and questions for discussion.
An excellent resource for a book club discussion The Great Gatsby. There are tons of questions and some historical context and other facts about the book.

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher.
The best questions are the ones that you’re excited to answer. I found myself smiling when I formed my opinions. These questions are so well-phrased that I learned something new in a few of them. For instance, I didn’t know how “The Great Gatsby” became popular, but it makes complete sense and is an excellent starting point for discussion. To answer that one question you have to evaluate the themes of the novel. These questions not only prompt discussion but force me to reevaluate my understanding of certain aspects of characters and central plot elements. I wish I had questions that well developed to answer in high school.
I absolutely love The Great Gatsby, so reading the book club kit was delightful!
I especially loved the questions, they made me revisit the novel.
The interesting insights and titbits about the novel and about Fitzgerald were charming.
This book is on the curriculum at my school but I think these questions would work well for an initial read to get students thinking while they read. I can imagine this resource would be welcomed by any reading group to help provoke initial discussions.

Great resource - hope to see more produced in the future.
Nicely done! I have read Gatsby multiple times and have taken quite a few literature classes on it as well, yet I still found out a few "new" interesting tidbits about the book and about Fitzgerald by reading your guide. The discussion questions are excellent, and what a nice bonus to read different book reviews that have been written over the years. Thank you very much for this nice companion to this classic American novel!